Mr. Shallow || K. Taehyung

By lazilazuli

Kim Taehyung, an unhappy university student, hasn't been in the mood to mess around with any girls lately, bu... More

「Chapter 1」
「Chapter 2」
「Chapter 3」
「Chapter 4」
「Chapter 5」
「Chapter 6」
「 Chapter 7」
「Chapter 8」
「Chapter 9」
「Chapter 10」
「Chapter 11」
「Chapter 12」
「Chapter 13」
「Chapter 14」
「Chapter 15」
「Chapter 16」
「Chapter 17」
「Chapter 18」
「Chapter 19」
「Chapter 20」
「Chapter 21」
「Chapter 22」
「Chapter 23」
「Chapter 24」
「Chapter 25」
「Chapter 26」
「Chapter 27」
「Chapter 28」
「Chapter 29」
「Chapter 30」
「Chapter 31」
「Chapter 32」
「Chapter 33」
「Chapter 34」
「Chapter 35」
「Chapter 36」
「Chapter 37」
「Chapter 38」
「Chapter 39」
「Chapter 40」
「Chapter 41」
「Chapter 42」
「Chapter 43」
「Chapter 44」
「Chapter 45」
「Chapter 46」
「Chapter 47」
「Chapter 48」
「Chapter 49」
「Chapter 50」
「Chapter 51 」
「Chapter 52」
「Chapter 53」
「Chapter 54」
「Chapter 55」
「Chapter 56」
「Chapter 57」
「Chapter 58」
「Chapter 59」
「Chapter 60」
「Chapter 61」
「Chapter 63」
「Chapter 64」
「Chapter 65」
「Chapter 66」
「Chapter 67」
「Chapter 68」
「Chapter 69」
「Chapter 70」
「Chapter 71」
「Chapter 72」
「Chapter 73」
「Chapter 74」
「Chapter 75」
「Chapter 76」
「Chapter 77」
「Chapter 78」
「Chapter 79」
「Chapter 80」
「Chapter 81」
「Chapter 82」
「Chapter 83」
「Chapter 84」
「Chapter 85」
「Chapter 86」
「Chapter 87」
「Chapter 88」
「Chapter 89」
「Chapter 90」
「Chapter 91」
「Chapter 92」
「Chapter 93」
「Chapter 94」
「Chapter 95」
「Chapter 96」
「Chapter 97」
「Chapter 98」
「Chapter 99」
「Chapter 100」
「Chapter 101」
「Chapter 102」
「Chapter 103」
「Chapter 104」
「Chapter 105」
「Chapter 106」
「Chapter 107」

「Chapter 62」

408 10 8
By lazilazuli

It was Thursday, and you were finally back to school. Not only did you miss your friends, but you missed your classes as well; and because of that, you had the expectations of receiving projects or papers that would be due very soon. But since finals were in a couple of days, professors hadn't given anything of the sort. You were quite the lucky one and feeling even better since you hadn't been slacking in your studying as well.

"Oh, you're back!" The Hoseok exclaimed. "How's your ankle doing?" he asked.

"All better, thanks." You had yourself a seat between Minji and Taehyung and placed your bag down on your lap. "Did I miss anything while I was out?"

"No," Yoongi answered. "Kyunghee hasn't shown her face ever since Saturday, but that's about it. Other than that we've all just been studying."

'After what she did and how they reacted, how could she even think about showing her face to the sunbae? And even if she did, I'm sure they wouldn't accept that.'

"Jiyeong," Taehyung turned to you, elbow propped up on the table, with a sweet smile on his lips and a mischievous glint in his eyes, "I was thinking that we should maybe skip school and have our date tomorrow."

"A date? Oh, so you guys are on good terms again?" Namjoon asked.

Either of you just smiled a bashful smile. Meanwhile, Jungkook just finished rolling his eyes and sipping his drink in annoyance.

"You got a place in mind to take her?" Jimin asked.

"It's a secret," he stuck out his tongue.

"'A secret'?" Jin chortled. "Coming from this one, it sounds like nothing's been planned at all."

Taehyung frowned. "I have something planned. Our whole day is planned out!" he retorted.

"Yah," Hoseok chuckled, "I bet this kid is just going to take her to sit and eat ice cream all day long."

"Anyways," Taehyung raised his voice so they knew he was over their little teasing. "How about it? Wanna ditch school?"

"Sorry, but can we leave it until Saturday? I already missed enough days and I don't want to fall behind anymore."

He pouted, "alright. If that's what you want."

"Sorry," you patted his head. From the second you touched his scalp, Taehyung collapsed his arms and put his head down for a head massage. "Are you guys ready for finals?"

"Just about," Hoseok said. "I've been studying real hard, so I better get a good grade."

"Jungkook and I have been studying a lot while he was over at my house," you said. And unless you planned on failing, it was best to keep on studying as much as you could up until your exam day.

"Speaking of studying, this one has been at it nonstop," Hoseok pointed out to Minji with his thumb. "From the outside, it looks like she glued her damn face to the book itself," he joked.

"Is it wrong that I wanna get good grades?" Minji glanced up from the textbook with wondering eyes.

"Nothing's wrong with that at all," Namjoon said. "I'm sure you'll get a good grade, Minji-ah."

"I'd better." Ever since Sunday, Minji had been studying hard for her finals, nonstop. Whenever she had free time, it was used to do some studying. Failing just wasn't an option for her.

Later on, when everyone was ready to go home for the day, Jimin went up to Minji and offered to take her home. They talked on the phone a couple of times already and have had unbelievably great conversations. Every interaction they made him feel like they were only getting closer.

Him asking this was just another way for her to see him as the gentlemen he was. Who wouldn't want to try whooing their crush in any way they could, whenever they could? And even though she rolled her eyes, Minji still went along with it and allowed him to escort her home.

During their walk to the bus stop, getting on and off the bus, Jimin was having a good one-sided conversation with himself. The only time he would get a response out of her was if she decided to momentarily pull her eyes away from the information she was getting.

"Watch out!" Just when she was about to cross on a green light, Jimin grabbed Minji by the arm and yanked her back onto the sidewalk before the rushing car even got a chance to hit her. After the book dropped from her hand, Minji was slammed right into Jimin's body.

"What the--"

"Aish, is it really gonna hurt you to put the book down for a couple minutes? You almost got ran over by a car because of that thing!"

Minji's eyes widened. Did Jimin, the guy who looked like mochi itself, actually take up the kind of tone with her?

"I'm confiscating this until we get to your house," he said, bending over to pick up the textbook. He then tucked the book under his arm for safe keeping.

"Wha--Give that back!" Minji darted forward to snatch the book out of his grubby little hands, but failed when he pulled it behind his back.

"No, not until we reach your house, I said."

Minji scoffed. "Sunbae, do you know who you're messing with?" Jimin's slight smirk only ignited a fire within Minji. "Gimmie!"

"No!"

Minji chased Jimin up and down the block for a good minute or two, until they eventually got tired and had to catch their breaths for a while. "I'm surprised you were able to keep hold of that big textbook with those tiny hands of yours," Minji smirked as she teased him.

"Ha, there's a lot of surprising things these hands can do."

Minji sneered, "gross."

Jimin just blushed and ran his fingers through his slightly moist hair. "I just don't want you to overwork yourself for this exam, okay?"

"I understand what you're saying, but I need to do this."

"Why? If you've already got good grades in your classes, then it won't be so bad if you just happened to fail. The least you'd get is a bit of a lower grade."

"I guess..." 'He's right, but studying is actually helping me keep these recent situations away from my thoughts.'

"All I'm asking is that you take a break every now and then. Instead of starving yourself out, eat a nice home-cooked meal, and get some rest when you're feeling tired, too."

"I get to rest!" she retorted. "And I eat whenever I'm hungry, too."

"Do you really?" Jimin reached a handout and brushed his thumb over the light-dark circles Minji was starting to gain. "Because right now, it's starting to look like you're developing some dark circles now."

At the unexpected contact, Minji froze. "Uh..." She looked down to his hand that kept to the side of her face. Her eyes were glued to the face that carried nothing but concern for her. And besides that, his actual handsome features began to show. 'This guy is just showing off a whole new side of him today.'

Jimin went wide-eyed after realizing what he was doing. He pulled his hand away from her cheek and put it back to his side. "Just--Just take care of yourself, got it? I wouldn't feel good if your health were to suddenly decline," he said with his face taking a concerned turn.

Minji looked her sunbae up and down before seriously staring him down. "Why do you care so much?"

"What kind of question is that? You're one of my favorite hoobae, so of course, I'd care at least this much."

"Right..." she lowered her gaze.

"And as my hoobae, you should take your sunbae's advice, understand?" he smiled.

"Yeah, yeah. We'll see..." she mumbled the last part to herself.

After that conversation, the two continued on with their little journey. But while he was walking semi-behind her, Jimin couldn't stop sweating for some reason. Even though it was chilly out, the guy had a drop of sweat sliding down the side of his face and an uncontrollable nervousness that had his lips glued together shut. But even his nervousness had an expiration date.

"Minji-ah," he called her.

"Yes, what is it?" she kept walking, not bothering to turn and look back at him.

"Saturday, around noon, how about I pick you up and take you out to a good cafe that I know. We can have some lunch and just hang out there for a couple hours."

"Hm...That doesn't sound like a bad idea, I guess." With those words, Jimin's eyes widened with hope. "Alright, I'll go."

There was a hard urge to release a big ol' grin, but with everything he had, Jimin kept it in and just nodded. "Good. Saturday at noon, then." Nevertheless, the man was doing nothing but flips and splits on the inside.

"Oh, we're here." Minji looked over and saw her place standing before her. Alright, I'll see you tomorrow, sunbae." 'Feels weird to call him Mochi after all that,' she thought. With a brief wave, Minji opened the door and walked inside.

Jimin's grin finally burst through, all the while excitement filled his tummy. 'I've got a date with Minji.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

327 52 24
Lee Y/N loved felt torn between two men, her boyfriend and his best friend. Kim Taehyung wasn't the one to be jealous but as he got closer to Y/N, he...
13.7K 2.2K 32
♟️: Just like two swords couldn't stay in one sheath, similarly Jung Hoseok and Kim Taehyung couldn't stay together in one place. Both were famous be...
1.3K 158 21
So you are saying you haven't even seen his face yet but you still feel in love.... Yes... You are crazy... Come on... You have to help me out wit...
2.5M 141K 37
«Kim Taehyung helps your boyfriend cheat» au «"You shouldn't be with him!" Taehyung says, chest heaving from screams. "Then who should I be with?" Y...