Manipulation (Sequel To Total...

By DijaMohd

Sequel to Total Control This starts off with a new start for the reader. It's been almost five years since he... More

A New Begining
A Hesitant Introduction
A New Friend
An Old 'Friend'
Stuck In A Loop
A/n
Puppeteer
A/n
Not the Dark I remember pt. 1
Crushed
A/n
Not the Dark I remember pt. 2
A/n
Back and Forth
Q&A
Confrontation
A/n
Eye Opener
A/a AGAIN!!!!!!
Demon Business
Resolving Mistakes
Tagged
Dark's Here
A/n
You Can't Run, nor Hide
A/n
The Past catches up
Answers
Tagged
Third Book

Another Birthday

1.5K 56 213
By DijaMohd

Your POV

"What are you doing? " I questioned confused while trying to peer over his shoulder.
"Don't look" he laughed and moved himself to block what he was doing.
"You made pancakes, what are you doing with them? "
"You'll see, now go sit down" he chuckled and nudged me away with his hip.
"But I wanna see now" I complained.
"In time, now go before you make me mess it up" I sighed and left the kitchen, plopping down on the couch and glaring at him from across the room.
"Oh hush, you'll like it" he huffed and continued whatever it was he was doing.

After a while, I saw him finish up and he came over to me.
"Done now" I teased
"I should make you wait longer, but I won't cuz you're the birthday girl" he smiled and pulled me off the couch.

When I saw what he had done, I turned to him and said
"That is...very unnecessary "
"Oh, come on, I worked hard on that "
"Way too hard. It was not needed" I chuckled.
"Fine I'll eat it " he said
"No no, I didn't say I won't " I interjected, stopping him from taking it. He gave me a grin and pulled a chair for me. We sat and I examined the stack of pancakes that was in the shape of a birthday cake. It was decorated with M&M's, so that's why he wanted them. And a carved 21 on the top. It was charming.

"Just to be clear that doesn't substitute for an actual cake. You'll get one" he said.
"It's fine, you don't have to " I replied.

We talked about little things here and there while we ate. It perplexed me why it was that he didn't have breakfast yet. I mean, he was at home.
When we finished he grabbed the plate before I could even get up and stared to wash it.

"Birthday girl relaxes" he simply said.
"So how was it? " he asked.
"Awesome, Chefiplier" I said making him laugh.
"No fair, I don't have a nickname for you" he pouted.
"Anything but...you know, that " I replied
"I know I know, don't worry " he said, understanding that I hate it. But not knowing the reason.

"But beware, I'll be thinking of a good one" he smirked turning to face me.
"Oh God" I muttered and laughed.

"So what's the plan? " I asked. He made the 'I don't know' sound and shrugged.
"Really, this was you-"
"I know, my idea. Hmmm.....let's see" he pondered tapping his chin lightly. His eyes lit up and he exclaimed
"Video games, duh" he laughed and tapped his forehead.
"I'm down" I agreed and we went over to my ps4 that was just to play games, not for the channel.

"Super Mario maker?" I asked
"Fuck no, I'll settle for Mario Cart" he answered while getting comfortable on the couch.
"Don't get settled yet, come set it up, imma get snacks" I instructed. Mark groaned and peeled himself from the cushions.

I put the snacks down and got settled into the spot where Mark was going to sit.
"That was my spot" he whined when he saw me sitting there.
"My apartment, my couch, my spot" I said simply. He groaned and sat next to me.

We started playing against each other, not caring about the other racers. Just focusing on messing each other up. We had a good tied up score between ourselves.

"You're horrible at this " I said laughing.
"No, you are. I've won way more times than you"
"We're tied, dumbass" I laughed and so did he.
The race ended and I won. I teased him.
"Looks who's horrible now" I sung.
"Please, I can beat you with my eyes closed" he boasted.
"Fine, let's go again, close your eyes "
"Expression, it's an expression" Make said and we shared a laugh then started the next race.

During the entire race, he was ahead of me. I got past him a few times but he always regained it. And just at the end, I was tailing him. He was about to cross the finish line and he bumped into a wall slowing him down. I red shelled him and passed him coming first.

"Holy shit, did you see that! " I practically yelled in excitement. Mark scoffed.
"Pfft, pure luck that hit me" he huffed and leaned back in the chair.
"Yeah right, this is all skill baby" I cheered gesturing to myself.
"You wish" he laughed.
"Is that a challenge? " I taunted.
"Please, I can beat you with my hands tied behind my back "
"But you just lost" I teased.
"Well I totally let you win, cuz it's your birthday"
"Aw, boohoo, I'm a sore loser and gonna say that I lost on purpose so I feel better" I mocked him jokily.
"That's the most horrible impression of me I've ever heard" he spat back at me and flashed a slanted grin. I shoved him and he erupted in laughter.
"I don't like you anymore, you're mean" I pouted.
"Please, you love me, you'll never stop. Admit it, Doll"

As soon as I heard it, my body tensed up. I eyed him scared and suspiciously. I attempted to scoot away but he stopped me as he began speaking again.

"I'm so sorry, it just slipped. Don't worry, it's OK.... I'm sorry" he rambled out and took my hand.
"I promise I won't make that slip up again" he added and smiled genuinely.

Every time I hear that name, that God forsaken name. It makes me sick to my stomach. I feel paralyzed that I don't know what to do. Just the thought of him.

"Hey" Mark's voice snapped me out of it. He stared at me, I could see the concern on his face. He placed his hands on my shoulders, looking directly at me.
"Stop shaking, it's just me. I won't hurt you" I hadn't even realized that I was. Like I said, I don't know what to do when I hear that name.

I swallowed my fears, I gulped and tried to relax. I shrugged off his arms and curled up in the corner of the couch. Hugging my knees and resting my head down on them. I took a deep breath, doing the usual thing I do to calm myself. I could hear my breaths exhale shakily. I began running my hands over my arms, trying to comfort myself. I blew out air from my lungs, still shaky.

Mark shifted on the couch and came closer to me. Way too close. Closer that I've ever allowed anyone in a long time.

He took the controller from near me and placed in on the opposite side of him. He scooted closer to me and scooped his arm around me. Pulling me into an embrace.
His hands replaced mine running over my arms.

"You don't have to do that yourself anymore, I'm here" he said softly.
"...I... I'm just used to it" I responded.
"It's OK, just try to relax" he instructed. And I was very reluctant to relax with him around me and so close as well. But I couldn't remain tensed, lest he figures me out.

I relax and let out a breath.

After a while, my mind relaxed and my body immediately sunk onto Mark, as if that's where it wanted to be of all places.

If you were to tell me that I'd be curled up next to Mark on my couch in LA a few years ago, I'd kick you. Hell, I feel like kicking myself for letting him be here. And being so close to him.

"You alright? " Mark asked. I simply nodded.
"You sure? " he asked again, and again, I nodded.
"I'm really sorry for -"
"Forget it, I'd rather not talk about it" I cut him off.
"Right, sorry " he said.
"And if you apologize one more time, I'll kick you" I stated hoping to lighten the mood. Thankfully, it did. Mark laughed and immediately I felt relieved. Somehow hearing his laugh brought me peace. I don't know what it is.
"I'd apologize for apologizing so much but... Yeah" he chuckled.
"How bout we get back to me kicking your butt digitally? " I snickered, reaching over and grabbing my controller again.
"Ha, you mean you attempting to kick my butt"
"I think you're forgetting who won just now" I smirked.
"Well, lucky shot. So let's see how far your luck goes" he smirked back and we started playing again.

Mark POV

'How can she be like this right after shaking with fear? It's incredible. And honestly kinda scary. '

"God, you're such an idiot"

'Shut up Dark.'

"You can't do anything to stop me from talking, so I'll talk all I want"

'God, you're a fucking asshole'

Your POV

We played and played until almost half day. When I saw the time I practically jumped out of my skin. As I didn't get any work done.

"Oh shit" I said as I saw the time on my phone.
"What? " Mark inquired.
"I didn't get any work done"
"But it's your bir-"
"So, I still have a job, and I love doing it" I said with a knowing smile that he doesn't take a break either when it's his.

"Besides, I'm not gonna leave you here, come on. I'll get a spare chair for ya" I said and saw the biggest smile form on his face.

Long story short, I still got him to play Super Mario Maker, cuz I was supposed to record another episode of that for the longest while. And the fans were waiting. Also, I may have got them to pressure him into it. The power of twitter.

But we stopped before he could get raging angry. Cuz I don't want him to get red with anger and two, I really don't want a broken controller.

And of course, I beat him. He didn't complain and say that he let me win, or that I was lucky. Which makes me think that he really did just let me win. And that smile he shot my way when I was celebrating and rubbing it in his face, yup, he definitely let me win. Sly bastard.

When we finished recording it was already 4:30. I have alot of editing to do. I'll have to do that tomorrow, thank god I already have videos for today.

We went back into the living room, I ducked into the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water. But Mark likes to scare me apparently cuz he was right behind me when I turned around.

"What the fuck Mark? " I breathed. He snickered out a 'Sorry'.

"Alright, get dressed" Mark said all of a sudden.
"What? " I laughed nervously.
"Did you really think that I won't drag you into society? " he asked leaning towards me with his hand resting at the side of my head, on the fridge. And his other hand in his pocket.

Classic move.

"Maaaark" I whined
"Come on, no objections " he smirked and I had to give in.

I cleaned up and put on a pair of black jeans and dark red top. I haven't worn that top in a while, and the sleeves had gotten a little shorter on me. It used to cover my arms completely but now it stopped at half way of my forearms. I threw on one of my black jackets and put on my black and red converse to match.

"Well damn" Mark said when I came out.
"What? " I asked, looking down at myself.
"Nothing, it's just...you look hot" he said sheepishly. He made me slightly flushed.
"Alrighty, uh..we gotta swing by my place cuz..I'm filthy" he chuckled pulling at his shirt that had cheetos curmbs on it.

"You got that right " I laughed and he glared at me playfully.

We pulled up at his house and I stayed in the car. Before too long he was back. He looked like he was running to get out the door. Mostly because his momentum caused him to stumble a bit as soon as he opened the door. Which made me laugh. I was still chuckling to myself when he came in the car.

"What? " he questioned.
"Nothing " I said, stifling my laugh. He furrowed his brows and turned the ignition.

"We won't be out long, don't worry, I'm not that evil" he said while driving.
"You're not evil" I said before I could think. Thankfully he just laughed it off.

He was right though, we didn't stay out that long. Although, I would've liked it to be shorter than it was.

Mark is a handful when he wants to be. Everything, every time, it's either 'you want this?' 'How bout that?'
I told him I don't want anything but he's too fucking persistent.

He gave up after a while, mainly because he bought something for me already. But he didn't know that I knew. He just stopped pestering, and the rectangle in his pocket was a dead giveaway. And it wasn't his phone because that was in his other pocket.

But I guess, it was nice overall. It has been a while since I've went out and about with another person.

By the time we got back it was 7 and we didn't think to buy food.
I'm sure he was hungry, I was, but chances are that if he knows that he'll want to make dinner. He's done more that plenty to make my birthday a memorable one.

I went up to my room and changed out of my clothes. Of course I put on a long sleeve shirt and sweats.

"God I feel like stripping" Mark said as I came downstairs.
"Please do it in seclusion and ensure you have another suite of clothes to wear afterwards" I said to him, making him laugh.
"Too bad I don't have clothes here then " he said
"Then go home, the day's done" I told him.

"Oh no no no" he said waving him index finger on my face.
"We're not done yet" he said and I mentally groaned.
"What, pray tell, is left? " I said, placing my hand on my hips. He smiled at me.
"You can't tell me that you're not hungry " he smirked.

"Noooo, go home Mark " I whined.
"Haha, you thought you could get rid of me, nope I'll always be here"

I know he was Mark, but the words he used. I couldn't help but hear Dark. Gratefully, Mark walked off into the kitchen, so he didn't see the fear crawling over my face.

"So I'll prepare dinner, you sit there and chill" Mark called, snapping me from my reverie. Before he could pick up on anything I pushed aside the memories.

I went into the kitchen and he was ready to throw me over his shoulder and carry me back to the living room.

I backed up and held my hands out.
"Wait wait wait. Lemme help " I requested. He barely considered it.
"No" he replied flatly and went to pick me up.
"Come on please. I feel bad having you do so much" I begged.
"Don't feel bad, I want to. But ok, you can help" he sighed.

We started preparing spaghetti and meatballs. It's easy and fast and we both like it, so why not. While Mark was at the stove, cooking the meatballs, I was at the island, making a small fruit salad. So we can at least feel good about ourselves that we ate something healthy.

For some reason, I found a smile on my face. It was such a simple feeling. Felt like such a simple time. One of the few times in my life that my mind went quiet. No Dark ringing in the back of my head or thoughts about him. It was...peaceful.

I felt like there was a hot breath on my neck, I brushed it off as Mark behind me. Then a pair of hands on my hips startled me. I heard Mark's adorable chuckle and immediately I knew it was him messing around. I giggled, continuing to throw together everything in the bowl.

"Mark, what are you doing, shouldn't you be watching the stove? " I giggled like the fangirl I am.
I felt him come close to my ear and heard him draw a soft breath, signalling he was going to say something.

"Mark's not here Baby Doll"

T-that v-voice... N-no.

My body trembled to the sound of his unsettling and all too familiar voice.

"What's wrong Baby Doll? "

No, he was not doing this again. I've beat him before.

My clenched my teeth, gritting them in anger.
"You're what's wrong " I gritted and spun around. Slashing at him with the knife that was on the table. He stepped back but a fraction too late. I caught his cheek slightly. A familiar back liquid lining the incision before spilling over to run down his cheek in a neat little trail.

He touched his cheek, seeing the blood on his fingers. He smiled and licked his fingers, looking at me.
"Your reflexes have gotten better, I love it "

Dark stepped closer to me, making me back up and press against the table behind me. He trapped me further by resting both hands on either side of me. He leaned as close he possibly could to me without touching our faces.
"Remember all the good times we had,when it was just us, just you and me, without any interruptions" he said, grinning. I gulped.
"I love the new place, now it really is just us two " he added and leaned closer to me.

Before he could do anything, my grip on the knife tightened and I plunged it into his neck. Undoubtedly puncturing his jugular. He choked and stumbled back. His feet fumbling under him as he dropped on his knees. I watched in horror as he tried to pull the knife from his flesh. I couldn't believe I did that, but that wasn't the reasons I watched in horror.

His blood sprayed out over my floor and some ending up on me as well. But...it wasn't black. It was a bright crimson red. Spilling out and those eyes that bore into me. Those shimmering brown eyes, staring up at me as he clutched his neck with both hands. The blood still spilling out through his fingers.

I choked on my own breaths as I looked at him.

"M-mar-" I couldn't even say his name.
"Y-y/-n" he choked out before collapsing on the floor in a pool of red that just spilled out. His eyes still open, staring at me. But his body, lifeless.
"W-what h-have I d-done? " my knees shook under me.

"N-no, no, no" I repeated as I looked at the scene.
My body shook violently. I feel like I could still hear him calling my name.

"Y/N! " an unmistakable shout made me shake. Or, something shook me at that time.

The next thing I know is that one second I'm looking at Mark laying in a pond of his own blood then I blink. And he's in front of me, with his hands holding mine, his brown eyes alive looking down at me. And full of worry.

"Y/n! " he shook me again and I snapped back completely. I blinked a few times and shut my mouth as it was hanging open slightly.
"Are you OK? " he questioned.
"M-mark? "
"Yes it's me, what happened? "
"I... I don't know" I honestly didn't know what the hell I just saw.
"What happened? " I asked him, hoping he'd know what I was doing at that time.

"You zoned out I guess, not sure really. I turned around and saw you, well, like this, with that knife in your hands" he explained, cautiously watching the blade in my hand. I glimpsed down at my hand. There was in fact the knife there, gripped tightly as well. I wasn't even using it before. What was that just now?

"Just, calm down and here, I'll...take this" he spoke calmly and carefully taking the blade from my hand. Once he got it away from me, he let out a relieved breath and placed it down on the table.
He hung his head slightly while his hands were at either side of me.

"You scared me with that" he muttered.
"Sorry if I reminded you of something " he added looking up at me.
"No, you didn't bring up anything" I assured but in truth, he reminds me a lot of a lot of things. Of two people, really.

I don't think he wholeheartedly bought it, as he sighed aloud.

"Come on, let's get you out of here, I'll finish up" he said, taking my hand and leading me out the kitchen. I hesitated.
"I'm not letting you stay in here, next thing you know you stab me or something " he chuckled trying to make a joke but, he had no idea. How could he.

He picked up that I wasn't in the mood for jokes like that and immediately apologized.
"Sorry, and I don't care if you kick my ass for saying that too much" he said which made a small half smile to crease my lips.

Mark escorted me back to the living room and then went to finish up dinner on his own. I just curled up in a corner of the couch and ran over my thoughts and what I saw. Trying to make sense of it. It had to be my subconscious, that was the only thing that made sense. I'm letting my guard falter too much. Is it too late to move again?

~~Aaannd time skip cuz shut up, that's why~~

I was hoping Mark would leave after we had dinner but it was well after and he's still here. I honestly don't blame him, I'm sure he's at least a little worried about how I've been today. I would be if I saw someone behave like I did.

As of the moment, I just got off the phone with Jamie, for the hundredth time today. It's been a pain to keep her from knowing Mark was with me. If she knew that, she'd freak. And not in a good way.

I plopped down on the couch as Mark was skimming through channels.
"Finally done" he commented referring to my call.
"Besties, what can you do? " I chuckled as did he.
"Ugh, there's nothing good" he groaned and left it on some show that seemed halfway done. Assumably just fill the air.

He turned towards me.
"Weeellll" he prompted
"Well what? " I asked.
"How was it? "
"Uhh...the food? Great, like I said this morning, chefipiler"
"Not that, how was today? " he clarified.
"Oohh, well say that " I chuckled, nudging him a bit.
"Yeah it was nice, a lot better than what I'm used to" I was honest about that. Even with all that happened. Usually for my last few birthdays I just spent time in my room. While my mind ran wild. I only spent time with Jamie and mom on that day but I tried my best to stay alone. It was just easier that way. But being kept company my Mark, of all people, it was nice.

He seemed happy and could see I was genuinely content with it.

"But... " I smiled slyly inwardly.
"But? " he asked, seeming a bit worried.
"But.. I'm curious about.. Well, I think you know what" I grinned gesturing to his pants pocket.
Can't believe he kept it in there even after we got back. That's just stupid, but then again, he's a guy.

"You're not good at hiding things " I snickered. He raised one eyebrow.
"I am good at hiding...things " I facepalmed myself as I caught onto what he was referring to.
"Not what I meant" I groaned while placing my head in my hands.

He laughed and reached into his pocket, pulling out the small black rectangular box.
"I think I know what you meant" he smiled waving the box back and forth gently. I shot him a look and he began protesting.
"Now, I know you said that you didn't want anything, but, I am your friend and it is your birthday. And I had to get you it when I saw it. Also I'm stubborn, so you'll just have to accept it "

I know he's stubborn, I've known that ever since from watching him.

He placed the box I my hands and smiled.
"Happy birthday boo, is that OK, boo? " he asked
"Yeah, it's fine" I chuckled knowing he will scare me with that and just say that he was calling me.
"Happy birthday then, now open it"
"You're more excited than I am" I laughed. He bounced impatiently. I chuckled and opened the box to the sight of a silver necklace. It was thin and shimmering in the soft light of the room. And a pendant with the first letter of my name. It was beautiful.

"So, you like it? " he asked and I looked at him of he was crazy.
"I love it, it's beautiful" I chimed and a smile swept over his face. And I think that was a blush as well.

Mark POV

Y/n watched the chain gleam in the light of the room. Her eyes sparkled, or maybe that was just me seeing things. I don't know, but she looked so happy. I know she probably misses her family and friends, it was the least I could do.

"Mark, this is... How much did this cost? " she asked.
"Not telling, it's your gift"
"Mark" she protested. I sealed my lips shut and refused to talk.
"Fine then, I won't accept it"
"So you'll really reject a gift from a friend, and who's knows how much I spent on it" I had to hold in my sly smile and laugh as I knew I had her.

She pouted and I laughed victoriously.
"You're bad" she stuck her tongue out at me.

"Isn't she cute? " Dark bantered in my head.
'You can't leave a sweet moment alone, can you? ' I spat back at him. He huffed and shut up.

"Here, let me" I said to y/n, taking the necklace form her and going around to the back of her to put on the chain for her. She shifted and pulled her hair in front her so I could.

As I was clasping it around her neck, I noticed something on the back of her neck. Just barely peaking out from under her shirt. A scar. Or more accurately, a piece of a scar. My guess is that it went on under her shirt. I 'accidentally' let my fingers pass across it. And by the way it felt, it had to be deep. It was hard to notice actually, unless if you're close. It almost blended with her natural skin tone perfectly.

Who would do this?

I expected to hear something from Dark but I guess he decided to shut his trap, finally.

I clasped the necklace and returned to my seat. She admired the necklace, dangling from her neck and shining in the light. She studied the chain as I studied her. She seemed so happy at that moment. Hell, she always wears a smile. At first I just thought she was just a cheerful, happy person. Now that I used my brain. I knew, she's been through a lot. What I wouldn't give to know what she's been through and help her.

How could someone do anything like that to her? They have to be insane.

That explains why she's always cautious, even around me. She'd watch my every move, I've noticed it but never acknowledged it. And from the little time I've known her, I gathered this much. She's strong. So there is no way she'd do that to herself. How could she, seriously? It's on her back.

No wonder she always wore long clothes and covered up completely. She was hiding. She was still scared as well.

"Y/n, can I ask you something?" I questioned, gaining her attention from the necklace. She turned her gaze to me and smiled.
"Yeah sure" she replied happily.

Maybe I shouldn't, she's in a good mood.

"Ask already" she pressed.
"It can wait" I said hoping to drop it for now.
"No, you got me interested, you have to" she persisted. I sighed, she's as stubborn as I am. I know that much about her.
"OK, you don't have to a-"
"Get on with it" she snickered.
"O-ok, um... Don't get mad but, what happened to you, in the past? "

-----------------------------------------------------------
Am I that evil to leave this chapter here? Hell yeah I am. Sorry, but that's just me. Don't worry, next chapter tomorrow.

So tell me, what are your theories? I won't answer them but I wanna see how much of you think like me. And how far ahead you think. I'm curious.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed, more to come, but until then, BYYEE!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.7K 924 60
H-help. I ask you to please do one thing for me. Just help me, please. I-I thought that I loved him. He is a monster. Deep in my heart, I still feel...
75.5K 2.4K 20
This is a Darkiplier x reader story. Use of Y/N will be used, so please remember to insert your name WHILE READING. i will not change the Y/N into yo...
41.2K 1.1K 18
Done by strong request. (y/n) and Darkiplier have been spending a lot of time together...and now the impossible has become possible. This is my 1st...
100K 4K 46
Third Book and Sequel to 'Show Me Your Submission'. Jack is back. Under Kate's guidance, Jack begins to finally learn what it truly means to be a S...