Times Will Change [6] (The Pa...

Av Turtlii

The Doctor and the Stone are back in their Universe with the crack in time gone and their companions married... Mer

Times Will Change
Prologue
A Christmas Carol
A Christmas Carol - Two
A Christmas Carol - Three
A Christmas Carol - Four
Space and Time
The Impossible Astronaut
The Impossible Astronaut - Two
Day of the Moon
Day of the Moon - Two
Mixed Feelings
Curse of the Black Spot - Two
Curse of the Black Spot - Three
The Time Lords Best Friend
The Time Lords Best Friend - Two
The Time Lords Best Friend - Three
The Rebel Flesh
The Rebel Flesh - Two
The Almost People
The Almost People - Two
When Good People Go To War
When Good People Go To War - Two
Let's Kill Hitler
Let's Kill Hitler - Two
Bad Night
Night Terrors
Night Terrors - Two
Good Night
The Girl Who Waited
The Girl Who Waited - Two
First Night
The God Complex
The God Complex - Two
The God Complex - Three
Last Night
Closing Time
Closing Time - Two
Closing Time - Three
The Secret of The Doctor
The Secret of River Song
The Secret of the Stone

Curse of the Black Spot

1.4K 31 7
Av Turtlii

So as you may or may not remember I made a small teaser for a surprise at the start of 'Day of the Moon - Two'as you probably guessed that got delayed and has been known to be a few selected others for a while and finally it is time for release day!

And so with Doctor Who just around the corner (6 days as of today (if my maths is correct) lol) the new series of Doctor Who will be released and obviously with this new series there is a new Doctor which is a woman. 

With this idea Doctor Who teamed up with Wattpad and has selected 10 stories with female leads to be shared to bring some more hype for series 11 (as if it needs any more!), I have been lucky enough to have the first book in the Parallel Series picked out to be included in the list! You can find the official Doctor Who Wattpad account here: BBCDoctorWho a link to the reading list has been added as an external link. You can scroll to the bottom of the chapter for that if you want to see what else is on the list!

In celebration of this announcement here is an additional chapter with my favourite Time Lady!

-----

The Stone raised a brow at her husband who was grinning to himself as he wandered around the console room. It had been just over a week since their discovery. Amy and Rory were still unaware of the situation in front of them. The facade they both wore easily confused the humans. The Time Lords couldn't confuse each other though. The Doctor found it the hardest out of them both. He had to stay strong and reassure his wife. It was hard when he couldn't even reassure himself half of the time.

"You're cheery." The Stone hummed walking around the console and stopping in front of him. The Doctor continued to grin as he took his wife's hand and pointed her finger at a blinking red dot on the scanner. "Blinking dot." He spoke aloud. "Someone needs help."

The Stone softly smiled. "You want to help don't you?" She raised a brow at her husband.

His face fell slightly. "You don't?"

The Time Lady chuckled and cupped one of his cheeks with her hand, stroking her thumb across the skin. "Of course I want to help." She whispered before kissing the opposite cheek. "I'll go grab Amy and Rory."

"Alright." The Doctor nodded.

"Don't go anywhere without me." The Stone winked.

The Doctor chuckled and shook his head, already heading for the doors. "Just going to have a peek..."

Somehow the Doctor found himself looking up at a hatch on the ceiling a few moments later, hushed voices being heard from above. "Yo ho ho!" He exclaimed after the hatch was opened showing three men dressed in pirate outfits staring down at the Time Lord. "Or does nobody actually say that?"

The Stone sighed giving her husband a disapproving look from the TARDIS as she opened the doors.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"We made no signal." The Captain they learned to be called Avery protested in the captains quarters.

"Our sensors picked you up." The Doctor said. "Ship in distress."

"Sensors?"

"Yes." The Doctor nodded before nodding. "Okay, problem word. Seventeenth century. Our ship automatically, er, noticed-ish that your ship was having some bother."

"That big blue crate?" He frowned.

"That is more magic, Captain Avery." One of the men cut in. "They're spirits. How else would they have found their way below decks?"

"Well, er, I want to say multidimensional engineering, but since you had a problem with sensors, I won't go there." The Doctor muttered as the Stone sighed lightly shaking her head once more. "Look, I'm the Doctor, this is my wife the Stone." He grinned wrapping an arm around the Time Lady before nodding at their companions. He then moved away turning and pointing at the humans. "And this is Amy and Rory. We're sailors, same as you." He said then turned and headed back to stand beside the Stone who swallowed hard seeming to lose quite a bit of the colour in her face which made the Doctor worry as he wrapped an arm around her before looking back at Avery or what would have been the man. Instead, the Doctor found himself looking down into the barrel of a gun pointed at his head. "Except for the gun thing. And the beardiness."

"You're stowaways." He blankly replied not seeming amused. "Only explanation. Eight days, we've been stranded here, becalmed. You must have stowed away before we sailed."

"Now what do we do with 'em?" One of the pirates asked.

"Oh, I think they deserve our hospitality," Avery replied.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Time Lords and water weren't the two best things in the world to mix, especially when there was a high risk of drowning. Regeneration was also not possible if the Time Lord died from drowning. The lungs would fill and the process wouldn't start quick enough. Yet with this knowledge, the Doctor was still quite calm as he shifted slightly on the narrow plank. The Stone being forced to watch beside Amy, the two on the ship with Avery's men, their hands held behind her back.

The men laughed at the Doctors unsteady feet. "I suppose that laughing like that is in the job description." The Doctor asked looking back over his shoulder, mainly to give the Stone a reassuring smile. "Can you do the laugh? Check. Grab yourself a parrot. Welcome aboard."

"Stocks are low. Only one barrel of water remains. We don't need four more empty bellies to fill. Take the doxies below to the galley. Set them to work. They won't need much feeding." Avery ordered as two of the pirates forced the Time Lady and Amy away from them.

"Doxies." The Doctor muttered with narrowed eyes. "That's offensive. My wife is nothing of the sort thank you very much."

"Yeah, thanks for having my back sweetheart." The Stone muttered with the shake of her head.

"Rory?" Amy shouted over to him as the two were moved away. "A little help?"

"Yeah." He nodded. "Hey, listen, right? She's not a doxy and neither is the other woman!"

"I didn't mean just tell him off." She rolled her eyes. "You're almost as bad as the Doctor."

"Hey!" The Doctor protested.

"She's telling the truth sweetheart." The Stone shrugged before letting out a yell as she was pushed below deck. "Thanks anyway."

Amy was pushed in next while the Doctor was still standing on the plank, faintly he heard the Stone and knew her and Amy were going to somehow help him and Rory escape.

The Time Lady thought for a moment before frowning, feeling Amy lightly tap her shoulder she turned around then grinned and took her beanie off her head and replaced it with a pirates hat while Amy grabbed one of the swords off the floor the pair grinning at each other.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Where are the rest of the crew?" The Doctor questioned. "This is a big ship. Big for five of you. I suppose the rest of them are hiding someplace," he shrugged holding his nose preparing to jump. "And they're going to jump out and shout boo."

"Boo!" Two voices were heard from behind him making the Doctor turn to see the Stone and Amy in a pirates coat, hat and to complete the look they each had a sword.

"I suggest you put that gun down before somebody gets hurt." The Stone warned pointing her sword at the captain, Amy doing the same.

Avery warily placed the gun on the floor and kicked it over to Amy who picked it up and slung it overboard. "The rest of you, on your knees."

"Dear?" The Doctor looked at the Time Lady then looked between the two ginger woman. "Amy, what are two you doing?"

"Saving your life," Amy replied sounding slightly nervous. "Okay with that, are you?"

"Put down the sword," Avery warned. "A sword could kill us all."

"So could the water." The Stone countered with narrowed eyes. "Didn't stop you from trying to throw my husband overboard did it?"

The Doctor smiled slightly before looking over to the other sailors as there was a loud cry. One of the men jumped forward with a sword and clashed it with the Stone. Amy's eyes widened as she jumped back. The Doctor cried out trying to run forward only to be grabbed by Avery and held back helplessly watching as his wife had a sword fight with the sailors.

They moved up the stairs the Stone backing up as Amy jumped in starting to sword fight forcing the sailors to back up before she turned around ran back up the stairs and grabbed a rope swinging across with it slashing at the sailor holding Rory.

"You have killed me." The sailor that was holding Rory stared at her while the Stone frowned placing the sword in her hand down.

"No way." Amy scoffed. "It's just a cut."

"Slightly rubbish pirates." The Stone frowned.

"One drop, that's all it takes. One drop of blood and she'll rise out of the ocean."

"Come on, I barely even scratched him." Amy rolled her eyes. "What are you all in such a huff about?"

Amy then made for another swing and was grabbed from behind, the Stone yelped as one of the sailors managed to sneak behind and grab her, Amy dropped the cutlass out of fright, Rory grabbed it but cried out as it cut him.

"Er, Stone," he frowned showing him palm at her. "What's happening to me?"

"She can smell the blood on your skin. She's marked you for death."

"She?"

"A demon, out there in the ocean."

"Okay." The Doctor grinned wiggling out of Avery's grip, he moved over to the Stone and pulled her out of the grip of the pirate who held her before moving his arm around her waist before they both continuing to wander around the sailors before stopping in front of Rory and looking at his hand. "Groovy. So not just pirates today. We've managed to bagsy a ship where there's a demon popping in. Very efficient. I mean, if something's going to kill you, it's nice that it drops you a note to remind you."

"I don't think it's nice that anything is going to kill anyone. I find it rather rude." The Stone said before frowning as wordless singing began making the Time Lords curiously look around. "I suppose that isn't someone's iPod..."

"Quickly now, block out the sound." The sailor Amy cut said to Rory as he put his fingers in his ears.

"What?" Rory blinked.

"The Creature," Avery explained. "She charms all her victims with that song."

"Oh, great." Rory rolled his eyes. "So put my fingers in my ears, that's your plan? Doctor, Stone, come on. Let's go. Let's get back to the er..." He blinked. "Back to the er..." He then started giggling with the sailor with his fingers in his ears.

"The music." One of the sailors said watching. "It's working on him. Look"."

"You are so beautiful." Rory laughed in a drunken-like state looking at Amy. The Stone raised a brow with the Doctor not sure whether to laugh at the man, or be slightly concerned. He looked worse than Captain Jack did at the Time Lords wedding.

"What?" Amy slightly laughed not sure what was going on.

"I love your get up." He laughed then looked at the Stone. "You both look great! You should dress as a pirate more often." He pointed between them then opened his arms to Amy. "Hey, hey, cuddle me, shipmate."

"Rory, stop." She lightly pushed him away.

"Everything is totally brilliant, isn't it? Look at these brilliant pirates." He pointed at one of them. "Look at their brilliant beards. I'd like a beard. I'm going to grow a beard."

"You're not," Amy replied thinking back to the ponytail incident for a moment.

"The music turns them into fools," Avery explained to the Time Lords who looked quite confused as they watched before frowning seeing a green glow radiate of Amy and the other sailor's skin.

"Oh, my God." Amy gasped looking at a bright green light in the water, a female figure then flew up and then landed on the deck. The sailor Amy cut with her sword slowly walked towards the female figure raising his hand out to it, his face fixated on the female, not even looking where he was going as the wordless singing continued. His finger then lightly touched the figure before he cried out. Amy, the Stone and the Doctors eyes widened at the sight as the sailor disappeared in a cloud of soot.

"I have to touch her," Rory whispered trying to break out of Amy's grip only to make the ginger human hold on tighter. "Let me touch her."

"Sorry," Amy stepped forward. "But he is spoken for."

The figure hissed turning from a light green to an angry red as Amy was thrown back by a blast of energy. "Amy!" The Time Lords both cried, their eyes widening while the Doctor ran to her side as the Stone grabbed Rory. "You really don't want to annoy a ginger, Rory." The Stone muttered to Rory.

"Everybody into the hold." The Doctor shouted while he helped Amy up. "Rory! Come on!" He shouted helping to pull the man away into the hold.

"Hey! Wait!" He protested.

"What is that thing?" Amy questioned standing in the water of the hold with the others.

"The legend. The siren." Avery explained. "Many a merchant ship laden with treasure has fallen prey to her. She's been hunting us ever since we were becalmed, picking off the injured."

"Like a shark. A shark can smell blood."

"Okay. Just like a shark, in a dress. And singing. And green?" The Doctor said growing more and more excited with each word. "A green singing shark in an evening gown."

"Doctor." The Stone gave him a pointed look.

"The ship is cursed!"

"Yeah, right." The Doctor scoffed. "Cursed is big with humans. It means bad things are happening but you can't be bothered to find an explanation."

"She's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen," Rory whispered. The Doctor winced knowing he was going to get a kick for saying that later. He most likely would if he said that and the Stone found out.

"Actually, I think you'll find she isn't." Amy snapped.

"She is."

"We have to leave right now," Amy told the Time Lords.

"I second that." The Stone raised her hand. "This is just weird."

"That thing of yours really is a ship?" Avery asked the Doctor.

"Well, it's not propelled by the wind." The Doctor scoffed.

"You also did try and throw my husband overboard." The Stone hummed in thought.

"Show me." Avery coldly ordered pointing the gun at the Time Lady's head making the Doctors eyes almost pop out of their sockets as he pulled her towards him. "Weigh anchor. Make it sail."

"And the gun's back." The Stone rolled her eyes.

"You're big on the gun thing, aren't you." The Doctor asked after stepping in front of the Stone. "Freud would say you're compensating. Ever met Freud? No? Comfy sofa."

"Leave the cursed one, Captain." One of the sailors asked. "The creature can have him."

"Yes, please." Rory murmured.

"That's not going to happen." The Stone darkly warned.

"We don't want the siren coming after us." Avery protested.

Suddenly one of the sailors cried out pulling his leg out the water to see a leech on his skin.

"It's a leech!" Amy shouted.

Instantly the Doctor was holding the Stone in his arms making sure she wasn't touching the floor as he jumped out of the water. "Everyone out of the water!" He shouted tightening his grip feeling her try and get out of his arms while he shot her a look to say 'not in a million years' making the Stone slightly huff at him.

"It's bitten me." The sailor gasped pulling the leech off, a small amount of blood trickling down his leg. "I'm bleeding."

"She wants blood." The Doctor frowned. "Why does she want blood?"

"What were you saying about leaving the cursed ones behind?" Amy asked shooting the pirates a look.

"It's okay, we're safe down here." The Doctor reassured grabbing a pirate hat and grinning at the Stone when she placed it on his head before he turned back to the sailor. "No curse is getting through three solid inches of timber."

Suddenly the Siran appeared out of the water singing the wordless song, her light green glow illuminating the room.

"Oh!" The Doctor said quite shocked as he spun around still holding the Stone. "Ah. Hello again."

The sailor as like the other sailor and Rory did before slowly and drunkenly walk towards the siren. "No! No! No!" Everyone in the deck cried as the man became aah only leaning his hat behind. The Doctor swallowed thickly staring at the siren as the others scrambled out into the mess deck. The Do tor quickly following not daring to drop the Stone until he knew she wouldn't be attacked by leeches.

"Safe?" Amy asked.

"I have my good days and my bad days." The Doctor muttered to her.

"You can put me down mow Doctor." The Stone whispered.

"Right sorry." He nodded gently setting her down, making sure she stood on her own two feet before he let go of her. Giving her a light kiss he turned to Avery who he knew was about to start asking questions about the green glowing woman.

"How did she get in?"

"Bilgewater." The Doctor explained. "She's using water like a portal, a door. She can materialise through a single drop. We need to go somewhere with no water."

"Well, thank God we're not in the middle of the ocean." Amy sarcastically replied.

"Did you see her eyes?" Rory asked Amy still in awe over the Siren. "Like crystal pools."

"You are in enough trouble." Amy pointed at him.

"Seriously don't cross with the wife." The Doctor replied clamping a hand on Rory's shoulder for a moment before releasing him.

"The magazine." Avery then said.

"What?" Amy frowned.

"He means the armoury where the powder's stored." The Stone informed the other ginger.

"It's dry as a bone."

"Good." The Stone grinned. "Doctor?"

"Yes, let's go there." He nodded in agreement.

"I give the orders," Avery warned pointing the gun at him.

"Ah. Worried because I'm wearing a hat now?" He questioned."You should be more worried about my wife than about me." He called walking in the direction of the door and heading out.

Avery frowned looking at the Stone who shrugged. "I don't appreciate people trying to drown my husband." She hummed following the Doctor. "But don't worry I don't plan on doing anything if you don't throw us overboard." She called back.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Quickly, man," Avery ordered the sailor going through each of the keys, trying to find which one was able to open the lock on the magazine door.

The man shook his head looking back at Avery, "I can't find the key. Tis gone, Cap'n."

"How can it have gone?" He frowned looking through them.

The Doctor glanced at Avery and the keys in his hand before lightly pushing on the door, watching at it creaked open. "Someone else had the same idea."

"Barricade the door," Avery ordered. "Careful of that lantern. Every barrel is full of powder."

"Who's been sleeping in my gun room?" The Doctor hummed looking around. Avery snapped his head towards a barrel as a cough could be heard coming from it. The Stone and the Doctor glanced at each other each raising a brow before they watched Avery open the barrel the coughing was coming from and pull out a young boy.

"You fool!" Avery scolded holding the boy by the clothes. "You fool, boy. What are you doing here?"

"Who is he?" The Doctor questioned before backtracking. "What, he's not one of the crew?"

"No." Avery shook his head not turning around to them. "He's my son. What in God's name possessed you, boy? Your mother will be searching for you." The boy looked at Avery for a moment before avoiding the man's gaze, looking at the wooden floor. "When?" Avery questioned knowing exactly what happened from the shift in his gaze.

"Last winter. Fever. She told me all about you. How you were a Captain in the Navy. An honourable man, she said." Smiling up at his father. "How I'd be proud to know you. I've come to join your crew."

"I don't want you here." Avery protested turning around.

"You can't send me back. It's too late. We're a hundred miles from home."

"It's dangerous here. There is a monster aboard. She leaves a mark on men's skin."

"The black spot?" He questioned showing his palm.

Fortsett Γ₯ les

You'll Also Like

15.6K 739 25
*SEQUEL TO NO WAY OUT (A DOCTOR WHO FANFICTION)* With the loss of a friend, the lords of time mourn, The 'lonely travelers' are reborn, Yet still mov...
30.8K 1K 16
Donna Noble is back to her everyday life and Rose Tyler was found, now in the parallel world with the other Doctor leaving the Time Lords all alone w...
10.3K 498 27
"I can't figure out how to show you how much you mean to me. You are my golden girl, my dearest friend. I am incredibly lucky to have you next to me...
625K 27.6K 125
Lyssa Devons was trying to run away. But a freak lightning storm sent her to another destination entirely - the TARDIS. Now she's being tossed around...