My Master Skywalker - Book(2)

By RogersSkywalkerR5er

Book (2) Sequel to Falling For Skywalker! Skywalker Series. Raina Starlight is the daughter a Commander in t... More

The New Republic
Weight of The Galaxy
First Padawan.
Together Again
Coruscant
The Balcony
Jedi Temple
Jedi Archives
First Mission
Growing Tension
Begining Of A New Order
Preperations
Uncontrolable
The Corscant Festival Ball
The Chase
Thoughtfulness
Letting Go
A Royal Birthday
Birthday Suprise
Tagged!
Tagged Again!
Star Wars Tag!!
Suprise Proposal
Excuses
The Deal
Letting Him Go
Broken
Knighting Ceremony
The Search
A Feeling
The Truth
Decisions
Padawan
Pass On What You Have Learned
First Lesson
One Day Left
Royal Wedding
Visions and Negotiations
Wishes and Negotiations
Answers on Jaccu
Last Chance
Awake
Meeting Again
Return to Corscant
Pushed Away
No Longer Alone
Tagged!
What Are These Feelings?
Jedi Academy
Promises
Taken Back
Back On Endor
Late Nights
Beautiful Place
Trust
Falling
Love?
Trusting You
I Love You
Forever
Mysterious Presence
Offer
Back At It
Back Home
Telling Him and The Engagement
Making Plans
Our Secret Wedding

The New Republic Consitution

1.8K 45 4
By RogersSkywalkerR5er

When Luke got back to his room he knew exactly what he needed to do. Luke sat down on the floor and began to meditate. He closed his eyes and went through his normal breathing exercises. Soon he was in full meditation. Luke so images of his past flying past him.

Suddenly he saw an image of the past, but not his own. Men and woman in robes, were sitting in chairs in a room. They must have been Jedi. Luke recognized one of them as Yoda. They were talking about the senate and the government.

A wise looking Jedi began to speak. " I sense a plot to destroy the Jedi. The Dark Side of the Force surrounds the Chancellor."

Another Jedi looked around in concern. "If he does not give up his emergency powers after the destruction of Grievous, then he must be forcibly removed from office."

The Jedi who looked to be very wise nodded. "It will be tricky. The Jedi Council will have to take control of the Senate to ensure a peaceful transition to a new goverment and a new leadership for the Republic."

Yoda looked at the two. "Hmm. To a dark place this line of thought will carry us. Great care we must take."

The vision changed.

He watched as a group of Jedi lead by the wise one he had seen in his last vision, walked into a large room. They drew and activated their lightsabers.

"In the name of the Galactic Senate of the Republic, you're under arrest, Chancellor."

A man who looked much like the Emperor stood up.

"Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?" He asked.

"The senate will decide your fate." The Jedi Master answered.

"I am the senate!" The man in expensive cloths yelled.

"Not yet." The Master countered.

"It's treason, then..."

Just then the man drew and activated a red lightsaber and leapt towards the group of Jedi. He was a Sith.

The vision changed quickly. Luke now saw a giant arena like place. It looked to be a Senate building. In the center was a man who Luke knew as the Emperor.

He spoke to the Senate triumphantly.
"The Jedi hoped to unleash their destructive power against the Republic by assassinating the head of government and usurping control of the clone army.
But the aims of would-be tyrants were valiantly opposed by those without elitist, dangerous powers. Our loyal clone troopers contained the insurrection within the Jedi Temple and quelled uprisings on a thousand worlds."

Everyone in the Senate gasped.

"The remaining Jedi will be hunted down and defeated! Any collaborators will suffer the same fate. These have been trying times, but we have passed the test. The attempt on my life has left me scarred and deformed, but I assure you my resolve has never been stronger." The Emperor spoke strongly.

So Emperor Palpatine had been the wealthy looking man in the last vision. Luke thought.

The Emperor continued.
"In order to ensure our security and continuing stability, the Republic will be reorganized into the first Galactic Empire, for a safe and secure society, which I assure you will last for ten thousand years. An Empire that will continue to be ruled by this august body and a sovereign ruler chosen for life. An Empire ruled by the majority, ruled by a new constitution!"

The Senate roared. Suddenly there was only black.

Luke opened his eyes. What had it all meant? Then he realized. The Jedi had been so closed off from the Senate that they couldn't do anything when Palpatine gave himself power. All they could do was take matters into their own hands secretly, which was legally treason. Then he framed them and hunted all of them down for 'treason.' It could all happen again.

Luke sat down in a chair and began to write. He knew what he constitution had been missing. After he was done he read his new additions to the constitution.

If in the case of an emergency the Jedi council and the Senate together will appoint a new Chancellor. In an extreme emergency the Jedi council can arrest anyone in power who threatens the Galaxy. They will bring them before the Senate for a fair trial.

The Senate cannot vote to disband or exterminate any Jedi. They will have no power over the Jedi or its council. It may meet with the Jedi council to discuss or suggest, but in no circumstances may give ruling or orders to the Jedi.

The Jedi cannot have any power over the Senate other than in extreme emergency agreed upon by the Senate. They may meet and suggest, but never order or rule.

The Jedi can never be put into full power over the Senate. It may however be put into shared power with the Senate in the state of emergency.

Luke looked proudly at his additions. He looked the paper over with the Force for any weaknesses. He smiled when he found none. The constitution was now complete.

The next day Luke told the group what he had added and let them look it over as well. They all found what he had added as favorable and declared the constitution finished and ready for the comity to see.

On the day of the approval Luke stood before the comity. He presented the constitution to them and read off every article. After Luke was done he passed it around and let everyone look it over and inspect it. Luke sat down watching all of the leaders.

When it finally got to Mon-Mothma she looked it over with great concentration and examination. She took the longest to look it over since it seemed she read it four times.

Luke could feel Leia and the three others shifting in their seats. They were incredibly nervous. Luke himself had to clam himself a couple times.

Finally Mon-Mothma looked up from the long paper and stood.

"After reviewing the completed New Republic constitution, I here by declare a vote be taken." Mon-Mothma spoke.

She looked around the table.

"All who vote yes to making this the official constitution of the New Republic raise your hand and say, Aye."

Luke looked around the table and saw all but three vote yes.

"Very good. Now all who oppose and believe we should review it again and change what has been written raise your hands." She told them.

Three raised their hands. Mon-Mothma looked to everyone and smiled.

"The aye's have it! I now officially declare this, the Constitution of The New Republic. All who are here sign as witness." She declared.

The constitution went around the table. Everyone signed their names at the bottom. It came to Luke and he began to sign it, but was stopped by Mon-Mothma.

"Jedi Skywalker, if you do not oppose, please sign it as Master Luke Skywalker." She asked politely.

Luke hesitated, but understood why she wished him to do so. It looked to have more authority. He would be a master quite soon anyway. Luke nodded and signed his name as she wished. He looked over to Leia who smiled and mouthed the words thank you to him. He smiled back and nodded.

It finally got back to Mon-Mothma. "Thank you everyone. We will send copies of this out immediately. You are all dismissed." She said.

Everyone stood up and began to leave. Leia came over and hugged Luke.

"Thank you Luke. For everything." She said. He hugged her tightly.

"Think nothing of it." He smiled.

Leia pulled back and held his hand. They were walking out when Mom-Mothma called him over.

"Oh! Jedi Skywalker. I need to speak with you for a moment if you don't mind."

Luke looked to Leia who smiled and walked out. He nodded and walked over to her.

"I want to thank you on behalf of the New Republic. You've done a great service for us and the Republics future." She smiled.

Luke shook his head in dismissal.

"It is unnecessary to thank me. Any Jedi would have done the same." He told her.

"Yes, but there are none. You are all that is left of their noble culture. May I say, what an honor it is to have a Jedi in our mist." She said.

"It's honor to be here. The Rebel Alliance has been my home. I became a man here. I wouldn't be who I am without it." Luke told her respectfully.

"Well, I'm glad you joined us. Now, if I may. . .in the constitution there was an article at the end mentioning the Jedi council. Am I suppose to believe you meant your own council?" Mon-Mothma asked.

Luke opened his mouth, but decided to nod instead. She smiled widely.

"So you are planning on building a new Jedi Order! That's wonderful! When I found out that you were a Jedi I was positive that you would do so. When will you begin, may I ask? And how do plan to start?"

Luke looked at her calmly.

"You see, I already know who my first Padawan will be. I will begin training her immediately after all of this over. After I take her on and finish her training I will take on another Padawan and so will she." He explained.

"I see, but won't that be a slow process?"
Mon-Mothma asked.

"Yes, but you see, if I need to I will take on more than one Padawan. That is if the situation presents itself. From there I will begin the rebuilding of the Jedi Order." Luke explained.

"I understand. It sounds wonderful. Now, onto what I originally called you back for." She said.

Luke smiled and nodded.

"We will be sending a group lead by General Solo in two days, to the Empire's and now the New Republic's capital, Coruscant. I have told General Solo that I want you to go with them. If what you want to do is rebuild the Jedi Order than that is where you will need to start."
Mon-Mothma explained.

Luke looked at her cautiously.

"With all due respect Senator Mon-Mothma, but I may not want the new Jedi academy to be stationed there. I will have to decide that later on." He told her.

"I understand that, but you see. . .the old Jedi Order had its Jedi academy and Temple there. I thought that you may be able to find some information and artifacts from the remaining Jedi buildings. The Empire most likely blocked all of them off and maybe even got rid of any traces of the Jedi, but you could at least go and see. You may find something." She explained.

Luke hadn't ever thought of that. He nodded.

"That is a very good idea, but why do think Coruscant will have any traces left of the Order if no other planet does?" He asked.

"Because the Jedi were a large part of the Old Republic society. In Coruscant every library had something having to do with the Jedi. They also had private files belonging to Jedi masters. I doubt the Empire was able to get rid of everything. And in the Jedi Temple they had a huge library. The Empire burned the whole building, but it was left standing. The Jedi kept most of their things on data files and not paper. You could send droids in and recover anything that is left." Mon-Mothma finished explaining.

Luke thought about it.

"Alright. I'll do it. Thank you Senator
Mon-Mothma." Luke smiled.

"Your welcome. Good day."

He bowed respectfully.
"Good day."

With that he left and walked down the hall.
Luke was quite happy with the news. He would finally be able to begin Raina's training and he could begin working on rebuilding the Jedi Order. He couldn't wait to give her the news.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72 10 6
Disclaimer:- I do not own any of the Disney, or Lucasfilm characters that are present in this book. All characters belong to their respective owners...
6.3K 367 18
The end of the war brought peace to the galaxy. With the defeat of Sidious, the Skywalker family could finally rest easy. The Jedi Order was being re...
86.8K 2.3K 37
Following the events after The Last Jedi. "Just a dream, it was just a dream," she says aloud attempting to calm herself, but the feeling doesn't dis...
27K 939 46
STAR WARS SPOILERS!! We all know the smuggler Han Solo, who, in a fluke of fate, met Luke Skywalker and his sister, Leia Organa. Because of The Force...