The Covenant (ENHYPEN FF)

By seoulfeels

Sim Jake tries his hardest to save the girl that he loves - Celine, and destroy the monster within her, but i... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Betrayal
Chapter 2 - Denial
Chapter 3 - Cross the Line
Chapter 4 - Missing Class of 1800s
Chapter 5 - Mint Chocolate
Chapter 6 - Detention
Chapter 7 - Fire Exit
Chapter 8 - Secret Passage
Chapter 9 - Blood Bound
Chapter 10 - Voices
Chapter 11 - Immortal
Chapter 12 - Kang Celine
Chapter 13 - Moonlight Goddess
Chapter 15 - Shattered Into Pieces
Chapter 16 - Blood Hungry
Chapter 17- Make Over
Chapter 18 - Dimensional Travel
Chapter 19 - I choose you
Chapter 20 - Crystal Ball

Chapter 14 - Drug Testing

2.2K 56 17
By seoulfeels

16th-July 1804

"Celine! Come with me." The guidance counselor, Miss Jia told Celine while she's walking the hallways with Jaeyun

"What happened?" Jaeyun asked her, but Celine only looked at him with fearful eyes then followed Miss Jia. Jake new that she's in trouble, so he followed the two silently but further than them.

Even though they're inside the office, Jake can clearly hear what they're talking about. This vampire abilities are convenient in times like this.

"You escaped again last night?" Miss Jia asked.

Celine didn't answer.

"You drank someone's blood and it's not a human. Now vampires knew there are more of you. If they figure out what's taking place inside this academy they will come for us. Do you know what you just caused?" Miss Jia yelled at her.

She then grabbed Celine's hand and exposed it to sunlight, making her scream in pain. She didn't stop until the surface of Celine's hand is fully burnt up to her elbow.

Jaeyun wanted to go there and snap Jia's neck already. "Always remember that breaking the rules comes with punishment." She told Celine. "We're testing two drugs on you tonight as a punishment. And also to keep you from escaping." She said, then let her go.

Jaeyun rushed to her and checked her hand. It's still healing in the process but of course it still hurts like hell that Celine still couldn't stop crying.

The two of them went to the locker room of the rugby team to hide. "This fucking place is taking it too far. Even if they healed our disability, they have no right to punish us through torture." Jaeyun said as he tried to pull his hair out.

"But you know what, drinking that man's blood made me feel stronger. I can now control things without touching them." She said, demonstrating it to the rugby ball. She raised her hand up and the ball follows.

"If I'm not starving right now, I'm sure I can do it with larger things." She said happily.

Jake looked at her in horror. This means she'll be more dangerous than now.

"I can hear your thoughts Jaeyun. You can block me out of your mind any time." Her mood suddenly changed. "If you think I'm such a monster, then why are you still friends with me?" She asked angrily.

"I don't think you're a monster. I'm just concerned with your desire to seek revenge. What are you planning to do with those people who killed your parents?" He asked.

Celine knew he can't have this conversation with Jaeyun because he'll only convince him to not do it. It's always the same with Jaeyun. He doesn't resort with violence.

He's the kind of guy to hates violence.

He's just too kind.

"Hey lovebirds." Ryosuke interrupted the two. He's already changed to his rugby uniform, ready to play. This kid is hyper. Ever since he started to see, he wanted to try all the things he hasn't tried before.

It turns out, he's sporty.

"How's the drug testing last night?" Jaeyun asked him. Ryosuke's smile faded. "It was brutal as usual. Ten students has gone wild, so they injected them with liquid silver and killed them. They also said that they're going to implant silver in our bodies so they won't lose too much staffs restraining us 'monsters' and it'll shorten the process." He informed the two.

"This has to stop." Jaeyun muttered.

"And what are you going to do about it? Pray for them?" Celine asked, pushing pass Ryosuke.

"What's with her today?" Ryosuke asked Jake, touching his shoulder that hurt because of Celine's force.

Jason came in, with his uniform then smiled. "Let's enjoy this rehearsal." He told the two.

There are human students in Decelis Academy.

They're not aware that they're attending school with vampires. Jason is one of them. He simply thought that the other boys are strong and sporty, when in fact they have enhanced abilities.

Jongseong then came, staring at Jaeyun who's not wearing his uniform yet. It's not like he needed practice, Thei're undefeated because they have the advantage. They're not even using 20 percent of their skills just to match up with humans, and also to conserve their energy.

"I saw Celine crying outside her room. Did you make her cry again, Jaeyun?" he asked confusing Jaeyun. When did he ever make Celine cry? Did she lie to Jongseong about it to get his attention?

Jaeyun knew how much Celine likes Jongseong. It won't be such a mystery if she lied to get his attention.

"Nothing happened?" Jaeyun replied, taking his uniform from his locker to put it on.

"Well, she's crying." Jongseong repeats, expecting his friend to apologize if he ever did or say something to make her cry. Jaeyun and Celine are quite close, that sometimes she's sensitive wtih a random thing that Jaeyun tells her.

"Let's just get this practice over with." Jaeyun said as he finished up changing and just started to stretch, ignoring the rest of them.

When Lee Hui arrived, the sun has already set. Their usual practice time. It doesn't necessary has a given time. The coach has specified that they practice during sunset.

Only the vampire teammates knew the reason why. Drug testing also begins once the sun sets. Jaeyun knew that Celine is going under it as of the moment, but tries his best to focus.

When Hui threw the ball at him, he was so focused at the drug testing room window, a building separated from the campus and closer to all the sports area; that he didn't notice that the ball is approaching him. Good thing Ryosuke saw it and caught the ball before it hits his face. Hui's throw is quite strong knowing that his vampire teammate is going to catch it. He did try to step one foot backwards to support the strong force from the ball. He felt his palms burning because of the impact.

Ryosuke smirked at Jaeyun mockingly upon catching the ball. "I guess I'm better than you in this sport." He teased, waking Jaeyun from his senses. These two have been arguing on who's best at every sport, whenever they play a different one.

Since Jaeyun's always been a sports guy and tried to do a lot of sports, he's naturally good at everything. Unlike Ryosuke who spent his life reading braille because he's blind and can't play any ball games.

"You wish." Jaeyun muttered as he stole the ball from Ryosuke. He was about to pass it back to Hui so he could make a point, but he hears Celine's voice from a distance.

"Help me! Jaeyun, help me!" She's almost crying and it's obvious in her voice that she's in pain.

When a drug testing is performed on the vampire students, they usually chain their necks on silver chains so they can't move much. No matter how strong they are, the curse of silver will affect them all the same.

It burns their flesh that all they can do is scream and cry in pain.

Hearing Celine being tortured like this make him feel like his heart is being stabbed with a silver dagger. He turned around towards the drug testing room and threw the rugby ball on the window, aiming at the analyst, crushing his head by the impact.

"What the hell!" Jongseong raised his hand in frustration. "We already got a warning about throwing balls at school property." He scolds.

"It's our second offense. If you want, I'll take all the blame." Jaeyun responds.

"You go ahead and take the blame, since you're such a tough guy." Jongseong turned around and walked away, fed up with Jaeyun's attitude. Not only he hasn't been focusing on the game, it's also obvious that he wanted to break the window.

"Guys, let's not fight about this." Jason told them, following Jongseong to help him chill.

"Aren't you guys supposed to be practicing?" Their coach, Jeon Jungkook asked them. He's late today, something must've happened. They always needed his help on many things just because he can handle anything.

"Where's the ball?" He asked.

"Ask Jaeyun." Ryosuke said followed by a giggle, making Seonwoo elbow his side to make him stop. He's in disbelief on how insensitive Ryosuke can be. He couldn't read the atmosphere for some reason. Must be because he's still trying to get used to his sense of sight. He's not familiar of facial expressions yet.

But then again, he's a fast learner at everything.

Ryosuke stopped giggling and tried to show a serious face.

"Ok." Jungkook finally got back where he left of. "So where's the ball?" He asks.

"I accidentally threw it that way." Jaeyun pointed at the broken window not too far. Jungkook already knew what's up. He's not only a coach, he's also a vampire and guards the school premises for intruders and keeping students in, during the night.

He's aware that tonight there will be drug testing and that's the reason why he's late for practice today.

"Well, we have more spare ball. Get back to practice." He didn't make a fuss because human students don't have any clue that there's drug testing nor they have vampire classmates.

"Where's Jason and Jongseong?" He asked when he noticed that there are two missing teammates.

"Ask Jaeyun." Ryosuke muttered again making Jaeyun take off his shirt and the it on the grass. "Fine, take it all on me." He said then walked away.

"Dude, it's just a game." Won tried to block Jaeyun's way, but that only made him hiss and push pass Won.

"Fine, practice is canceled. Deal with your puberty first, but tomorrow, we take practice seriously. I need to deal with that broken window anyway." Jungkook said and just left the kids to see what happened on the drug testing room.

Meanwhile, Seonwoo elbowed Ryosuke once again. "Read the atmosphere. Why are you so childish?" He told him before going to the lockers.

"Stop playing kid." Sanghoon told Ryosuke before walking with Seonwoo, placing a hand on his shoulder.

Ryosuke got irritated that Sanghoon's hand is around Seonwoo that he chased them and forced himself between the two, giving Sanghoon a challenging stare.

"Fine, he's yours. I get it." Sanghoon told him, backing away.

"I'm not an object to be owned by anyone of you, people." Seonwoo said, keeping his distance from Sanghoon and Ryosuke. He's aware that Ryosuke's been possessive ever since they met. He keeps scaring people away from him as if they're going to take him away.

Seonwoo did develop a soft spot for Ryosuke since they became roommates. He's like a giant baby who can't sleep without hugging anyone. He loves watching movies just because he can now see. He keeps saying that movies are like books coming to life and keeps describing the experience magical.

But of course, it's still hard to get used to the fact that he's caging him.

"Hoonie, my love." Sanghoon's girlfriend, Celeste suddenly hugged him from behind. Behind her are her friends, Miyoung and Elvenia. Celeste is neither a human or a vampire. She's a fairy who's a descendant of those who guard the fountain of youth or best known as fountain of Life.

One drink from it or if a person bathes from it will grant that person immortality. It's forbidden for anyone to get close to it, let alone touch the water. No matter how critical the condition of a person is, the miraculous water must not be used because it's against the balance of nature.

Many has attempted to get close but Celeste's blood line keeps it safe, causing travellers and desperate selfish people to get lost in the middle of the forest where it's said to be located.

"Hi Elvenia!" Seonwoo greeted making Ryosuke glare at Elvenia, making her look down terrified. Ryosuke's glare is no joke. If looks could kill, Elvenia would've dropped dead seconds ago.

"Cut it out." Seonwoo covered Ryosuke's eyes, but he's so tall that he had a hard time doing it for a while.

Ever since last year, he's been growing rapidly that he's a few inches taller than Sanghoon. It must be because he drank more vampire blood than any of them.

"Sorry about him." Seonwoo told Elvenia, picking a bunch of flowers, giving it to her. Ryosuke has observed that Seonwoo is extra kind to Elvenia even before.

"Thank you Seonwoo. These are lovely." She smelled the flowers and they all smelled sweet, but Seonwoo's smile seems sweeter.

Ryosuke rolled his eyes upon hearing Elvenia's thoughts. He just wanted to throw her to the depths of the sea to never see her again.

"Why are you apologizing on Ryosuke's behalf. Did you gave birth to him him or something?" Celeste asked Seonwoo, making Sanghoon chuckle, but stopped as soon as Ryosuke glared at him.

To be honest, it would've been better if he remained blind. It would've been easier to deal with him.

"Laugh all you want, at least I'm not so in love to spend my time with someone 24/7." He said as he wrapped his hand around Seonwoo's hips.

"Good for you." Sanghoon said in sarcasm, making Celeste laugh, since she understood his joke right away.

Seonwoo's too tired to remove Ryosuke's arms around him that he just let him be. While walking back to the dorm, he noticed Miyoung walking at the back aline as if she doesn't belong to the group. He felt bad for her but noticing her or even asking if she's ok, Ryosuke might overreact and scare her like what he does to everyone on daily basis.

Ryosuke noticed him looking at the back and noticed Miyoung. When Seonwoo noticed, he stopped staring at the poor girl and just looked ahead.

Ryosuke then noticed how Miyoung keeps on glancing at Sanghoon. It makes sense though, Sanghoon's such a handsome guy. He has soft facial features but strong brows to keep him from appearing as a 'boy-next-door' like Jaeyun but not as intimidating as Jongseong.

Celeste is her bestfriend though. Does she like Sanghoon, or does she think Sanghoon's taking away her bestfriend.

'I liked him first.' She heard Miyoung's thoughts.

'Maybe if I confessed first, maybe it's me qho's in his arms right now.'

Ryosuke glanced at Seonwoo and Sanghoon, wondering if they listened to her thoughts as well. They're both focused in their own world though.

"Seonwoo I like you." Ryosuke confessed. He didn't want to have the same regrets as Miyoung. He already did it once before, but he didn't want Seonwoo to forget.

"Oh shut up already." Seonwoo said sighing. He's tired of Ryosuke by now. He just wanted to freshen up and sleep.

Ryosuke noticed Miyoung sigh. Maybe she really likes Sanghoon that much.

Jungkook proceeds towards the drug testing room and saw Celine drinking the analyst blood, his head crushed and the rugby ball bloody. "What are you doing?" He asked Celine but she only stopped when the analyst's heart stopped beating. "It's a waste of fresh blood, don't you think, coach Jeon?" She asked as she wiped her bloody mouth.

This student's blood craving is stronger than any of the students. She's the same as Ryosuke, but at least Ryosuke knows where to stop.

Celine let out a chilling laugh as she stood up. "I hear your thoughts. Try to block them next time." She said, but before she knew it, she was chained again and now being forced to drink a drug.

She fell on the floor, sweating and getting weaker by the second. She was offered a blood pouch but she felt no hunger or craving. She didn't touch it, laying down feeling like her world is spinning.

"Mr. Jeon, please handle your rugby team better. They're becoming more and more barbaric. Especially Sim Jaeyun." One of the researchers told him.

Jungkook picked up bloody ball on the floor and nodded his head. "Understood." He said nothing else and left. He went straight to Jaeyun's dorm room and saw him drinking from a blood pouch. Each vampire students are provided at least 500 ml blood pouch in case they get hungry so they won't attack human students.

"It's because of Celine, isn't it?" Jungkook told him, but Jaeyun was stubborn enough to answer.

"You just committed a murder, are you aware of that?" Jungkook made sure his conscience would follow him. "That man has three little kids and a wife, Jaeyun. Does that mean anything to you?" He asked.

"He's torturing a person. Did that mean anything to him? They're performing inhumane thing to her." Jaeyun finally answered due to his anger.

"Celine would've been dead by now because of her lung cancer. The Academy gave her a chance to live longer. We're all given that chance." He told the kid, maybe then he'll understand.

"This isn't a life. We're like lab rats in this place. The last time Seonwoo was given drugs, he lost his smile. Ryosuke became more violent towards people. You're giving us trauma." Jake protests, slamming his blood pouch on the floor, causing the blood to spill.

Once Jongseong comes back since the two of them are roommates, he would surely complain about the mess he's made.

"Jaeyun, you're not a monster. Don't let a girl affect your decisions." Jungkook told him. "Don't you ever forget who you are just because of a girl." He said and left him.

Maybe now he can reflect on his actions.

Jaeyun cleaned up the blood before Jongseong arrives. He still needs to settle things with him. He was distracted during practice.

Before he could clean up the blood, the door flung open again with Celine wobbling her way towards him. Despite smelling a strong scent of blood, she plopped down Jaeyun's bed. "I'm going to kill them all someday. You'll see, They'll all beg for me to kill them." She muttered. "Are you on my side?" She asked him.

"I'll always be on your side." He answered even though he now thinks that Jungkook is right, he didn't want Celine to feel alone.

Maybe she doesn't mean it. Maybe she's not serious about killing everybody.

...

A/N: Have you guys checked out ' the blood altar'? I'm starting to think that this fanfic is no longer needed. Haha. The plot of 'the blood altar' is way more innocent and suits Enhypen better. But I don't think it will meet my desire of drama and tragedy so I'll continue writing this shit.

Besides, I want Jaeyun to be a main character of something. Jake is such a leading man worthy. I need a vampire concept Korean Drama with Jaeyun as the main character. Until that thing happens, I'll keep on writing.

Have a great day

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.9K 236 38
When devastating circumstances caused Lee Eunji to leave her hometown she never imagined that another tragedy would force her to return three years l...
217K 9K 37
❝Can a girl have a soulmate who isn't human?❞ - In a world where everyone has to kiss their soulmate before their 18th birthday. Otherwise, they die...
43.1K 1.7K 37
𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 - ❝ɪ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅɴ'ᴛ ғᴀʟʟ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ❞ ⸙͎۪۫。˚۰˚☽˚⁀➷。˚⸙͎۪۫⋆ ༄ She fake dated her ...
75.2K 2.3K 39
Kim Jiah, have a cold personality that sometimes can make everyone scare of her, just moved in her new school because of her mom. Her mom move her to...