Chapter 12 - Kang Celine

While Ni-ki is dragging Sunoo away, one of the security saw the two of them. "Ni-ki, Kei and Ta-ki are already looking for you. They said you have a rehearsal of some sort." he said but didn't make a fuss on why these two are inside the campus this early on a Saturday morning.

Ni-ki dragged Sunno towards the dance studio ignoring the weird glances from his friends. Of course Jay isn't here, he's been talking about a party after detention. It's not like he needed practice anyways. He's excellent at dancing.

Ta-ki and Kei started teaching Ni-ki his formation and the new dance routine while Sunoo started reading the news clippings from the basement of the abandoned building. He snuck out a folder he hasn't read yet.

The news article mentioned  about four dead bodies found in an alleyway with the same cause of death, hypovolemic shock. All four of them has suspected snake bite marks on the neck, that doesn't suggest excess blood loss. There's also no venom detected in their blood.

That's odd.

Sunoo glanced at Ni-ki and was surprised when he saw him dancing the whole routine already. It hasn't been 15 minutes since they were teaching him the new routine, and yet he's dancing with full power and not missing a beat. He's not even looking at Kei and Ta-ki anymore. He's dancing alone.

He's like a computer wherein Kei and Ta-ki transferred the file, and now he has a copy of it.

Ta-ki sat beside Sunoo to rest. "So, I heard you two are pretty close now." He casually started a conversation. "Your lockers have been next to each other for one whole year since he transferred, and yet never exchanged a glance. Now you two suddenly became best friends?" He asked.

Sunoo and Ta-ki already spoke to each other on various occasions. Let it be tree planting activities, fund raiser activities and others, that Ta-ki never expected Ni-ki to be closer to Sunoo more than him.

"We're not friends." Sunoo didn't like how that sounds. Him being friends with the school's delinquent? Never.

Not in a million years.

"Whatever you say." Ta-ki told him.

The three practiced together for a few more minutes before Ni-ki finally showered and changed clothes. He then sat beside Sunoo, drinking water. "You ok?" He checked up on him since the practice took a while.

Sunoo tried to hide the folder as much as he can because he knew that Ni-ki will surely disapprove of this. He might scold him.

Who even gave this kid the permission to scold him, when he's younger than him?

He's so entitled and so conceited. Someone has to put this kid back in line.

But of course it won't be Sunoo. He knew to himself that he can never tame this wild animal.

Ni-ki and Sunoo left the practice room a d went straight to the cafeteria. Ni-ki ordered mint choco drink for Sunoo and an iced tea for him. He kept his joy to himself because he's afraid that Sunoo would suddenly become uncomfortable if he notices how happy he is being alone with him.

He noticed that Sunoo is silent that he didn't even touch his favorite drink in front of him. What seems to be bothering him? Could it be the abandoned building?

It is hard to process that the club members of hyphen looks exactly like them.

If there's a resemblance with one of them, it can still be considered as coincidence, but they look exactly like the seven of them in detention.

"Ni-ki, can you ask your father if you ahve a great grandfather who attended this school?" Sunoo suddenly mentioned out of nowhere. He still want to solve this case even though it's been considered as an urban legend a long time ago.