Chapter 15 - Shattered Into Pieces

Jason parked in front of Jay's house noticing that Jake's not himself. He just assumed that he's having a hangover.

He tapped his shoulders to wake him up, Jaeyun almost jumped out of his seat when he woke up. He looked around and recognized the place. Of course, he was just here last night.

"Let's go in." Jason said with his face covered with the hood of his hoodie. He's obviously a vampire. There's also no trace of his shadow. Jake felt stupid that he just noticed now.

He observed him every step they took on their way to Jay's house but Jason doesn't seem like a vicious vampire. Did he turned into a vampire just a while ago, or is this the result of Jongseong's bite from before?

"Welcome my brothers." Jay opened the door before they could even knock. He looks happy and doesn't even look like he had a hangover. Did he even drink last night.

He led them towards his personal home theater where a few friends are already waiting. Today they'll be watching the Joker movie.

Let's get to know this Jason guy, shall we. He thought, but Jake knew what he's thinking. He tried to read Jason's mind but he's so clueless. Maybe he doesn't know how to read thoughts yet.

Jake looked at his hands, remembering how it felt when he wrapped his hands around Ryosuke earlier. "Hey." Jasmine took his hand and pulled him to sit with her. All the seats are empty beside her like people are avoiding her, just like how people avoided Celine.

Jake couldn't help but smile the moment he sat beside her. Does this mean she's now comfortable with him?

Jasmine stared at his smile and started to feel like her heart is going to burst. That smile can draw anyone into him within a blink of an eye. He's so charming. The kind of pretty face that makes you want to trust him.

"Stop smiling." She said as she pushed his cheeks to look away with her two fingers.

Jake then saw Jay and Soyeon in front, whispering at each other. Well that's new. He's never seen Jongseong this close to a girl before. It's just such a strange sight for him.

There are lots of girls who likes Jongseong since he plays rugby. They copy her uniform number on their shirt and even draw number 99 on their hands to show support and show their admiration. Sadly, Jongseong only cared for one person and it's Kim Won.

Just like Jay, Jongseong's an only child and always wanted a sibling. A younger brother to play with. At the age of 12, Jongseong met a friend named Sangwon and treasured him dearly, but one day while they're rafting, Sangwon tragically drowned and Jongseong was blamed for it.

He did dive on the harsh water to look for Sangwon but he was washed away and found 7 days later, cold and blue.

When he attended Decelis Academy, he met Jungwon and it seems like the world is playing with him, because as stated by him, Kim Won looks a lot like Sangwon.

At first thought Sangwon's alive all this time, though it seems imposible. Kim Won used to hate it. He gets irritated just by hearing Jongseong's voice or his footsteps approaching, but later on he accepted that Jongseong would never leave him alone.

What's painful is that he feels like he's just an instrument to forget Jongseong's guilt over Sangwon's death. Not to mention he only likes him for the wrong reason. He knew that when Jongseong looks at him, he doesn't see him as Kim Won but Lee Sangwon.

"Hey, the movie is about to start." Jasmine placed her hand on top of his again, frightening Jake for a second. But feeling her touch reminds him of how him and Celine used to be;