Chapter 20 - Crystal Ball

Dying

Would it solve anything?

She can permanently escape everything that's hurting her, but she'd have to hurt herself.

Was it the only way?

Celine stared at herself in the mirror and smiled.

Why the hell does she look pretty in the mirror, yet nobody has ever complimented her?

"Celine." Taehyung, a professor from Decelis spoke behing her.

There's at least seven of them, ready to take her away.

She raised her hand and smiled. "I surrender." She turned around forcing a smile, but deep inside she's crying.

Behind them are Won, Hui, Seonwoo, Ryosuke, Sanghoon, Jongseong and Jaeyun. Jaeyun in particular looks like he's in pain.

Taehyung cuffed her with silver chains which made her skin sizzle. She kept her smile, but her tears started to escape her eyes.

"Liar!" Celine screamed while being forced out of the shed deep in the forest. Her only hideout when she didn't want to found.

Only one person knew where it was, and it was Jaeyun. He ratted her out. He's a liar. All his promises were nothing but lies.

They took her behind the chapel as the students started digging. It was at least 7 feet deep before they stopped digging. She was forced inside a silver coffin and was buried alive.

Each and every dirt being thrown inside the 7 feet deep grave, Jake controlled his tears. He knew he would never see Celine again after this. She might die in blood starvation or burn at the touch of silver.

He can hear her painful screams and cries as he helped bury her.

They all held hands to put a spell surrounding the grave to keep Celine inside forever. A spell that would take a life of anyone if they ever try to dig up the hole. Only powerful witches and the gods can remove the spell. Knowing that every creature feared Celine, nobody would ever attempt to release her back in the world.

Just like that, the monster was never seen again.

...

Jake gently lifted her chin up to meet his eyes. "Because I don't want to waste a second anymore. It's not a matter of who I wanted to be with. I have to take a chance with you after waiting for destiny that keeps keeps me waiting. I'll choose my destiny now, and I choose you. I'll always choose you from now on." He said and placed a kiss on Jasmine's lips.

Jasmine didn't know how to respond with what Jake just said. She's too puzzled to why he always speaks as if he's always running out of time.

But every time he did, she felt sadness rushing over her body. He seems like he has a sad story behind his smiles.

When Jake pulled away, Jasmine felt like she just met the one. Now she realized that is something more than just a simple crush. She likes Jake desperately, and she'd do anything for him. Anything.

"I promise to always be by your side." He spoke.

She wanted to tell him everything, from things she fear, she loathe, and everything else she likes.

"Do you trust me?" She spoke.

Those words sent shivers down Jake's spine. Celine always ask the same question, before she tells him thebinhumane things she has done.

"Yes." He answered before looking terrified.

"I want to show you something." Just like that, she took Jaeyun's hand and dragged him, running.