I'm Having a Royal Baby {ORIG...

By LeanGoddess

THE IS THE ORIGINAL STORY OF THE MATERNALISTIC MAID Folashadé knew there would be consequences when it came... More

Rewrite Vs. Original
Chapter 1: One Night Stand
Chapter 2: Breakfast Warnings and Confessions
Chapter 3: Peanut Butter and Morning Sickness
Chapter 4: Late Night Visit
Chapter 5: What If...?
Chapter 6: Test results
Chapter 7: I'll know when you love me
Chapter 8: The Breakdown
Chapter 9: D-anger as well as Favors
Chapter 10: Ruining a Man's Pride
Chapter 11: End of a Friendship
Chapter 12: Secrets
Chapter 13: Affectionate Stares?
Chapter 14: Man To Man
Chapter 15: Surprise
Chapter 16: The Unexpected
Chapter 17: Royal Announcement
Chapter 18: Development Of a Friendship
Chapter 19: Self-hate
Chapter 20: Denial and Realization
Flashback Chapter
Chapter 21: Almost Getting Caught
Chapter 22: Second Appointment
Chapter 23: Clues and Discovery
Chapter 24: The Ball
Chapter 25: Careless Hormones
Chapter 26: Truth
Chapter 27: Magic
Chapter 28: Deprecation
Chapter 29: Oh Brothers
Chapter 30: Consent to Rebelling
Chapter 31: Disgrace
Chapter 32: Questions and Abruptions
Chapter 33: Miracles Could Be Shattered
Chapter 35: The Finale

Chapter 34: A Done Deal

43.6K 1.9K 393
By LeanGoddess

Chapter 34: A Done Deal

Shadé

Her head was covered in chocolate brown strands of hair and her eyes were a deep, brown color. Her skin wasn't as dark as mine but she wasn't as bright as her brother or father either. She was definitely more active than baby Caine. She'd kick her legs every which way, while Caine would cry every hour or so. It makes me smile to know how different they already are.

Different.

Valencia looks different from Vincent; different eye colors and skin tones. However, they both had the same colored hair, chocolate brown. She even has the same reddish, natural tint as her father's, although, it's only visible in bright lights.

I feel the urge to cry whenever I see her little body. Vincent left me because of how she looked. And it hurts me so bad, I didn't know what to say when the nurses told me what happened. He hadn't spoken to me since the birth of Valencia and Caine; October twenty-first. Today is November eighth. Two whole weeks since I've seen Ezra and Vincent; the two most important men in my life.

Caine's tender wails jerked me out of my thoughts, nearly spilling over the container of breast milk I was holding.

"Caine, sweetie. Let mommy finish feeding Val and I'll come right to you," I said softly to Caine, although there was a hint of exasperation in my voice.

I was feeding Valencia through a small cylindrical container that was connected to a long feeding tube that went straight to her stomach. Neither of the twins were developed enough to suck or be breastfed, so this was their only way of getting breast milk into their bellies.

Caine was a soft crier, but I noticed, the older and stronger he gets, the longer and stronger his cries become.

"Do you need any help," Ms. Fields said, entering the room.

Thank you, God. "Yes, please. Could you feed her while I see what's wrong with him," I said as she approached me. She took Valencia's food and began cooing at her.

I turned around to Caine's incubator, which was beside his sister's and opened two of the small doors of the incubator.

"Hi, Caine," I said soothingly as his cries began to grow softer and softer. He knew his mother was right beside him. He was a smart baby, even at his prematurity.

"Are you hungry, baby," I asked softly as I stroked his tender head. His eyes had the same stormy blue-grey depths as his father's. Every time I looked into them, Vincent's handsome face would throw itself into my mind.

I still had his engagement ring, however, I planned on returning it. He doesn't want this, I know he doesn't. If he can't accept Valencia's brown complexion now, he wouldn't be able to accept it when she grows up. And I refuse to be with someone who cannot accept my child, whether I love him or not. And believe me, I really do love that man, I just can't do it anymore with him.

"Ms. Hakim," Ms. Fields began.

"Yes," I answered, looking at her over my shoulder.

"Why do you think the prince reacted the way he did," she asked, her back facing me.

I couldn't answer that question myself. I'd never cheated on him. If anything, he cheated on me, even though it seemed like he cheated on Melanie to the eyes of the public. I've been through so much with him that it would be pointless to replenish what we had.

"I think...I think Vincent might have trust issues," I said, stroking Caine's head. He attempted to give me a weak smile in return.

"I've never seen His Majesty get so upset before. He and that man could've killed one another," she said, referring to the fight between Vincent and Ezra.

They could've killed each other, and I wouldn't have been able to stop it. I couldn't walk because my legs were far too weak. Hell, my entire body was too weak to do anything. I could've lost my two most important men all at once if it wasn't for the hospital staff.

After feeding Caine, I figured it was time I visited the Windsor castle one last time. There was something that I need to get done.

"Are you sure there's enough milk for them while I'm gone," I asked Ms. Fields as I closed the latch of Caine's incubator.

"I'm sure," she paused. "You be careful out there, Ms. Hakim," she said concernedly.

I laughed and nodded. "I will. Mommy will be back soon my little angels," I said, referring to Valencia and Caine, even though they were both sound asleep.

Before I left the hospital, I used a telephone booth to call the castle, knowing the number of the servant's quarters by heart.

"Hello," Gina's unfeminine voice said. "Windsor's Servant's Quarters. Head Maid speaking. How may I help you?"

I didn't want to reply to her, remembering how she almost fired me twice and told the king about my rendezvous with Vincent. But, in the end, I had to do this.

"Hello," she repeated lethargically.

"Gina," I quickly said, hoping she wouldn't hang up.

"Folashadé," she inquired, astonishment laced her voice.

"I don't mean to interrupt what you were doing, but I have to speak with Aimee," I said. Please don't ask questions. Please.

"Aimee is with the Royal residents," she said dismissively.

"Wait, wait! Where are they," I hurriedly asked.

"That is something you don't need to know. Folashadé, I don't understand why you would have an affair with Master Vincent and then cheat on him. He would've been better off with Mela-" I slammed the phone on its base. I don't need to hear shit about me cheating on Vincent. I didn't fucking cheat on him!

"Think, Shadé. Think, where could the Royal family be at this time of year," I said to myself, knowing they would move from castle to castle during certain seasons.

It's November...it's November...in November they celebrate something, but what is it? Dammit, this is the time where I wish I was British!

I jumped in front of a woman as she was exiting a pawn shop.

"Excuse me," I said politely, stepping a foot back.

"Yes," she asked, giving me a weird look.

"I was wondering, do you know any holidays during this time of year that the Royal Family would be celebrating," I asked hopefully, holding my hands together.

Her eyes darted between me and the engagement ring before settling on my face permanently.

"During this time of year, they usually celebrate the Remembrance Festival," she informed. "That's a gorgeous rock you've got there," she said admiring the ring.

"Thank you. I'm planning on giving it back though," I said, slipping the sparkling, diamond ring off my finger and putting it into my coat pocket.

"What? Why not sell it or something," she suggested.

She didn't know, but I wasn't one of those people who would sell anything the man I love has given me. I'd rather give it back to him.

"That's not really necessary. But, thank you very much for the help, Miss," I said, walking off as I waved.

No one knew what I looked like exactly. They only knew by name and for that, I was grateful.

I decided to catch a taxi cab, giving him directions to Buckingham Palace. I knew the Royal Family are either residing at the Kensington Palace or the Buckingham Palace. Obviously, the latter is my initial choice.

"Lass, I hope you know the Royal Family are residing there at the moment," he said in a deep accent. I was relieved that he informed me of this.

"I understand, I work across the street from the palace, though," I lied, knowing he probably wouldn't take me if he knew I was going to the palace.

"Alright," he said suspiciously.

As he drove the fifteen minute drive I rummaged through my purse and pulled out a photo of the twins. In the photo, they both wore premature onesies that said in colorful letter: 'Daddy's little soldier'. Valencia's onesie was a soft pink while Caine's was a baby blue. I smiled, remembering the first time I held them three days ago.

When we were close enough to the palace, I asked him to stop the car. "This is good enough. Thank you, sir," I said, handing him the correct amount of taxi fare.

I waited for the taxi driver to drive off before I crossed the street, admiring the Victoria Memorial.

The guards of the palace stood alert as I approached them. I, myself began to get worried.

"I'm sorry, Miss, but the Buckingham Palace is currently unavailable," the first guard said.

"I know, thank you. But, is the King, Queen, or Vincent home," I asked. "It's important that I speak with them," I added.

"Miss, we apologize for the inconvenience, but the Royal Family are not seeing anyone at the moment," the guard said sternly.

"Sir, please I-"

"Folashadé is it," I heard a familiar voice say. I never knew a man could be an angel in disguise.

"Oh, Your Highness," the guards greeted as they bowed their heads. I followed suit.

"What are you doing here," he asked, standing before me. I noticed knew how tall he actually was.

"I need to see Vincent...and your parents. It's very urgent," I replied.

For some reason, his normally stoic face brightened as he smiled warmly. "Thank God! Vincent's been sulking all over the place! The Remembrance Festival is coming soon and he's still a depressed as ever," Rodney said, exasperatedly as he led me into the palace, wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

Once we were away from the guards, he stopped me, his hands solid as they held my arms tightly. "Did you really cheat on my brother," he asked, forcing me to look into his eyes. The same blue-grey as Vincent's.

"No, I didn't, Your Highness," I began. I wasn't very close to Rodney to where I could address him by his name. "I am far too in love with your psychotic brother that I can't even see myself with another man," I said, sadly. And it was true. No one would be able to make me feel as happy as I did when I'm with Vincent.

A relieved sigh escaped his lips, his breath blew lightly against my forehead. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. May I speak to your parents," I asked, changing the subject.

"Are you sure that's what you want to do," he inquired concerned.

"Yes," I replied determinedly.

"...Alright," he said. He led me through the extravagant halls of Buckingham Palace. They weren't as lavish as those at Windsor, but they were still breathtaking, nonetheless.

He knocked on a large, cream colored door with golden handles. "Mother, father, you have a visitor," he said, opening the unlocked door.

I stepped in after Rodney, my eyes landing directly on the Queen. She was staring me down from head to toe, while her husband kept his gaze on my face.

"She's gotten bigger," I heard the Queen, discreetly, whisper to the King.

Well, my hips widened, significantly, but that doesn't mean she could talk about me as if I can't hear what she's saying.

"What do you want? You've already lied to us, taken our son away from his fiancée, and had another man's child. What else is there that you could possibly ruin," the King said vigorously.

"Father, calm down. She didn't cheat on hi-" I cut Rodney's act of defense short.

"I think I want to speak with them alone, Your Highness," I said politely.

Respectively, and reluctantly, Rodney left the room, which I assume, is the King's drawing room.

"Your Majesties, I didn't come here to have another argument with the both of you. I came to ask you for a favor," I said, hoping they'd hear me out.

"And why should we do anything for you," Miranda asked, crossing her arms pompously.

I sighed, fearing that what I say next will affect me in the end, but I have to do it.

"I need to get back to America and at the moment, my brother is in custody of the English system. I need to bail him out and purchase transport incubators in order for my twins to travel along with us. However, I only have enough to purchase one of the two transport incubators. If you could get me and my children to the states and help me bail my brother out of jail, I will file a restraining order on your son and he wouldn't have to worry about taking care of the twins. It'll be as if they never existed, in terms of the Royal Family," I explained, releasing a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"Hmmm, that sounds like a great idea. Don't you think, dear," Miranda said appreciatively. Mathias hadn't answered right away, he was still staring at me.

"What about Vincent? Does he want you to do this," he asked.

Tears began to fill at the rim of my eyes, but instead of letting them fall, I briefly looked to the ceiling and blinked. "I'm thinking about me and my children, Your Highness. I don't know what Vincent wants, but I know he doesn't believe my children are his since he requested a DNA test," I replied, pressing my finger against the interior of my eye. "I know they are his, but he's so keen on it, I just went along with what he wanted. The test results won't be in till another three weeks or so."

"What makes you think they're his," Mathias asked.

"Before Vincent, I haven't been with a man since I was sixteen," I admitted. I honestly didn't care if I seemed like a teenage whore to these two. I just want them to do me this favor and I won't have to see them ever again.

"I have a picture of them, if you want to see what they look like," I said, digging through my bag and pulling out the photo of Valencia and Caine. I handed it to them and watched stoically as Miranda admired their features.

"They're beautiful. Very, very beautiful. Are you sure you-"

"Your Highness, I just want to go back to New York. Please, nothing more," I said, politely as I interrupted her. I knew she was going to offer for me to stay at the castle, but I refuse. My babies are not going to be the union between my small family and Vincent's. His family hates me, which I know for a fact. And I'd hate to be the person who has to live with a family that secretly dislikes them, but tolerates their stay because of their babies. They don't want me here, they want to see my babies. And that will not be me.

"The boy is definitely Vinny's. Doesn't he looks just like him, honey," Miranda said, handing the photo to her husband.

He took the photo and examined it. "Yes he does look exactly like him. Except with brown, curly hair. Vincent was born with blonde hair, though," he said, looking down at the photo.

"May we keep it," the Queen asked eagerly. Her happiness to see these photos was driving me crazy.

"Of course, I got them for you to keep," I admitted. "So, do we have a deal?"

Reluctantly, the two said yes in unison.

"Give us the price and we'll have the money transferred directly to your bank account," Mathias said.

"Thank you so very, Your Highnesses," I said graciously. "May I speak with your son, I have to return something to him," I added.

"Vincent is out with Melanie," Mathias informed.

My entire body froze, and so did my heart. Why would he be out with Melanie?

"O-oh, okay," I stuttered, willing myself to hold back on my emotions. I stood out of my seat and pulled out my diamond engagement ring from my coat pocket. I sat it on the coffee table that separated me from the couple.

"When you get the chance, please return this to him," I begged, hopefully.

"He proposed to you," Miranda asked astonished as she picked up the ring, examining it closely.

"Yes. But, I can't marry your son...he isn't ready and neither am I," I said. "Thank you again, for your help," I said, turning to leave.

As I walked down the halls, sulking in the choices I've made, I was suddenly yanked by the arm.

"What happened," Rodney asked.

"I'm leaving, Rodney. Now will you please let me go," I said, struggling out of his grasp.

"No, please. He isn't out with Melanie in a romantic sense. It's a friendly outing, I can assure you," he said pleadingly.

"Rodney, I don't care. I just want to leave," I said, trying to pull myself from his tight hold.

"Please, you have to get back with Vincent! I don't want him falling in love with Melanie," Rodney said, pulling me closer.

I couldn't hold my tears any longer and, well, neither could Rodney. We embraced one another as I cried into his dress shirt while he cried on top of my head. His tears landed on my hair, but I didn't care. We were letting out the pain those two have caused us.

"I love her so much. I don't why, but I love her so much. Why was I so stupid," I heard Rodney mumble into my hair after he'd cried out every tear. I, on the other hand, was still bawling.

When we were finish releasing all of our built up emotions, Rodney handed me his handkerchief.

"Are you really leaving for good," he asked, the tip of his nose still bright red.

"Yes. I want to go back to the States," I confirmed.

He nodded slowly. "It is your decision," he sighed before continuing. "Vincent made a big mistake that he will definitely regret," Rodney said.

"I-I suppose so. Goodbye, Rodney," I said, hugging him.

"Goodbye," he said, hugging me back.

__________

I caught a cab down to London's courthouse, knowing my brother was being held there. Just as the King and Queen had promised, they sent me Ezra's bail money and money for the second transport incubator. Now, it was my turn in completing my end of the bargain.

I waited in a decent line as I thought about what I would do in America. Of course I'll get a job, but what?

"Next," a woman shouted.

I walked up to the woman. "Hi, I was wondering if I could file a restraining order against someone who...well, he's violent and I'm afraid he might abuse our children and myself as well," I lied, hoping she'd believe me. Vincent was violent, but I don't believe he'd hit me nor our children.

"Do you have any proof of scars or bruises," she asked.

"No." Dammit.

"Okay. But he's still violent...verbally," she inquired.

"Yes. This is mostly for the safety of my babies," I replied.

"Okay, based off his verbally violent nature and the safety of your children, you'll have to file for an anti-harassment protection order. If you cannot prove that he has hit you, then you cannot file for a restraining order," she elaborated.

"The protection order will keep him away from me and my children, right," I asked.

She nodded as she handed me a sheet of paper that I had to fill out.

"I'm moving overseas as well, but I don't want him coming after us. Will the protection order still be effective in the states," I asked.

"Yes, we'll give you a copy to prove to the court he is not to be around you based off protective reasons."

"Okay, and how do I know it's in effect?"

"Come by tomorrow afternoon to see if you were approved or not," she said before I went to fill out the sheet.

Once I was done filing for my protection order, I handed the woman back the filing sheet. I paid the money for the protection order and Ezra's bail.

He didn't seem too pissed, but I know if I brought up Vincent, he'd blow up. But, regardless of what he'd do, I had to tell him this.

"I spoke to the King and Queen," I said as we walked along the cold sidewalk.

"Why the fuck you talking to them people," he questioned, but continued on walking beside me.

"Because I needed their help," I admitted.

I felt his eyes on the side of my face. "I needed them to help me bail you out and buy another transport incubator. I want to leave this country as soon as possible," I said, blinking the tears out of my eyes.

"That fuck boy ain't coming with us right," Ezra asked, his anger beginning to surface.

"No, I filed a protection order against him just before I bailed you out," I replied, stuffing my hands into my coat.

"You smart. You smart," he said, coming to a stop as we waited to cross the street.

"No I'm not, Ezra. I really love him. I know that when we get back to America, I'm going to feel nothing but heartache when I think of him. It even hurts talking about him," I said, beginning to cry.

Ezra wrapped his warm arms around me and pulled me against his chest. His hand stroked my upper back as he softly shushed me.

"It's okay, Shay. You'll get over him someday. Stop crying, please. Come on, you're stronger than that," he said. "Come on, we have to cross the street," he said, holding my hand as we crossed the road.

"Do you think I could live without him," I asked once we were safely on the other side.

He looked down at me, depressingly. "I wish I could tell you yes," was all he said. At least he was being honest. "But, I'm gonna teach you how to get over someone you love. I got over Tori's mom. That means you could get over Valencia and Caine's dad," he continued, wrapping his arm around my shoulder as I leaned my head onto him.

"Thank you, Ezra," I whispered, wrapping my arm around his waist.

"You're welcome, sis. I love you," he said as he ruffled my bun, ruining it in the process.

Asshole.

"I love you, too," I replied sourly.

I guess what they say is true. You can't have your cake and eat it too. I couldn't live with the man I love and my older brother. They got along so very well in the beginning, but that one fight ruined the chances of there ever being peace between my children's father and uncle. Vincent is a forgiving man, but Ezra...not so much.

As for my little princess and prince, Valencia and Caine, I did this all for them. I didn't want Vincent constantly questioning me on whether they were his kids or not. I love him so much that it broke my heart when the nurses told me he wanted a DNA test. I gave it to him, regardless of what the nurses said. They only needed a cotton swab of saliva from the twins and Vincent. The results aren't coming in for another three weeks and by then, I'd be in America. I'd be rid of the constant stress and ridicule I've been getting my entire time in England.

I'm going to miss a hand full of people from here: Aimee, Frank, Uncle Lance, Mrs. Reagan, even Ms. Fields for helping my twins survive. But, most importantly, I'll miss the same man that hurt me and loved me, Vincent Alexander.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.8K 849 17
This story is not edited and is still in work and progress, thank you for understanding! Everyone's had a one night stand before right? Leanna was n...
174K 11.1K 31
COMPLETED ✔️ BOOK 1 of the Royal Trilogy [UPDATED version of I'm Falling for a Royal Prince] Folashadé was just a 21-year-old girl when she and her...
126K 2.8K 23
A relationship that changed the royal family forever. Started | March 28, 2020 Published | March 29, 2020 Republished | February 1, 2024 Completed |...
648K 22.9K 42
[WARNING: Mpreg. Don't like? DON'T READ.] *This is an Adventure time gender-swap story about Prince Gumball and Marshall Lee, (Gumlee.)* Marshall h...