Collateral Love | Tao

By spicylevi

Word Count: 43,174 CJ is known for pulling pranks on teachers and scaring them in general. Until she meets he... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 20

437 23 0
By spicylevi

I woke up at about noon to a bunch of messages.

TaoTao: Good morning. Happy Sunday

I didn't text you in the night, why won't you answer?

[video attachment]

I opened the video, he was speaking in Chinese. I understood some simple words and "I love you."

Me: I don't speak Chinese, remember?

TaoTao: I said "Good morning, baby. Please wake up soon or I will worry to death I miss you, I love you."

Me: haha "baby?" That's new.

TaoTao: Do you like it?

Me: yeah

TaoTao: how about baby girl?

Me: that's a bit sexual, don't you think?

TaoTao: yeah but do you like it?

Me: I guess so

TaoTao: do you like princess, baby, or baby girl the most?

Me: I like all of them, just switch it up every once in a while.

TaoTao: okay :). What are you doing today?

Me: I don't think I'm doing anything

TaoTao: do you want to come over?

Me: I wish we could just go out like a normal couple. Like to the arcade and the amusement park.

TaoTao: Me too. When you graduate I will take you to do all of those things. So will you come over?

Me: sure, I will later.

"CJ, are you awake?" Sehun opened the door, "I was going to go to the sandwich shop and get lunch. Do you want to come?"

"I'm okay, I just woke up so I don't really feel like food."

"Your loss."

I got dressed and ran into the kitchen, "Morning, CJ. Or afternoon now I guess. You really shouldn't sleep in this late."

"Sorry, mom, I stayed up too late trying to work on my Chinese assignment."

"CJ, are you sure you don't want to come? I'm going to hang out with Luhan afterwards."

"I guess I'll come."

"You and Luhan are really good friends, huh, Sehun?"

His cheeks flushed, "Uh, yeah."

She nodded, "Don't leave out your little sister."

"I won't," As soon as we were outside we went in opposite directions though. I was surprised to see Tao not in sweatpants when I showed up, "You actually dressed nice for me?"

"Do you want me to take it off?"

"Ah, what's your deal? Knock it off," I pushed past him to play with Kandy.

"I'm a man!"

"Well, stop being a man, then," I really didn't make sense.

"What do you want to do today?" He smiled at me sweetly.

"Do you have video games?"

"You like video games?" He plopped down next to me on the couch. I nodded as he turned on the TV and console, "Have you thought about Christmas yet?"

"Christmas is still over a month away."

"Which gives me plenty of time to get you gifts. What do you want for Christmas?"

"I don't want anything. You don't have to give me any gifts."

"You're a simple girl. I like that about you," He handed me a controller and we played video games for a while until I got tired of losing.

"Can we make lunch? Do you have sandwich stuff?"

"Yes," He stood up and led me to the kitchen, "Here you can cut the tomato. I will put everything else together."

Why he trusted me with a knife was beyond me. I cut my finger within two seconds of cutting the tomato, "Ow! It hurts!"

"Let me see," He took my hand and ran it under the sink.

"You should've never asked me to do that! I'm crippled!"

"Well if I would've let you do something else you would've complained that I gave you the easy job or something," He put a bandaid over my finger.

"It really hurts, TaoTao," I held up my finger and pouted, "You have to kiss it better."

He kissed my finger then handed me a sandwich, "No tomato because you contaminated it."

"Hey, Tao?"

"What?"

"Can you teach me martial arts?"

"Why? What for?"

"Kris asked me to help him with a case."

His eyebrows furrowed, "That asshole! I told him not to bring you into anything. You're not doing it."

"I do owe him though."

"I don't care, you're not going on a case with him. It's too dangerous."

"I'll be fine, just teach me some kicks and stuff."

"I will not."

"I guess I will just die in the face of danger then."

"Jisoo, you're wrist is hurt too. I don't want you to get hurt doing this."

"I still got two legs and my left arm. The case is in the school anyways, I don't know if I'm allowed to tell you that."

"You can tell me, I am teaching you martial arts, so that makes me involved."

"The English teacher sells drugs to students. I'm supposed to set up bugs in his classroom and catch him in the act."

"I can help you. I can get him out of his classroom while you plant bugs."

"Good idea. So teach me some stuff."

"Okay, I will. But only use these skills if you have to protect yourself, okay?"

"Okay," He was so hot when he was doing kicks and punches and stuff. I could barely focus on what he was actually saying to me.

"Are you going to listen to me or just stare? I don't think you could do both."

"I do both all the time in class. This is different though."

"Why is it different?"

"You look really hot doing all your wushu moves."

His cheeks turned pink, "Shut up."

"Awe, are you shy now?" I poked at his arm. He kissed me as if he was saying he wasn't shy and would never be shy. My phone rang across the counter and I had to push him away to answer it, it said private caller, "Um, hello?"

"I just made it to Seoul!"

"Already? Why are you calling me?"

"You're at Tao's right? I wanted to discuss some things."

"Uh, okay."

"See you soon," He hung up.

"He's strange."

"Is he coming here?"

"Yeah."

"No, I don't want him too. That's like interrupting our date."

"I wouldn't call this a date."

"We ate food and kissed, that makes it a date," He protested.

"Well, you usually kiss at the end of the date so that means our date is over," I said matter-of-factly. My phone buzzed again.

Sehun: I need help at the park

"I have to go, tell Kris I had to go help Sehun."

"What's going on?"

"I don't know, he just said he needed help," I rushed out of the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.7K 2.2K 34
in which, she denies her feelings for her best friend and he has someone else. - friends to lovers! , slowburn! idiots to lovers!, best-friends to lo...
14.7K 1.4K 22
in which taehee challenges her boyfriend to twenty tasks to prove he loves her. - a byun baekhyun fanfiction.
194K 9K 39
Byun Baekhun, an average college student who didn't really do much out of his comfort zone is forced to accompany his roommate, Jongin, to the bar fo...
344K 20.9K 86
Innie is a girl who can't dream. To the world, she looks like a bright college girl with a great life. But in truth, her heart is numbed and she is h...