Comfortable Silence || Luke H...

By Kissmebiteme

They meet at a Laundromat, at first Luke's an ass, and Yenessa the 'hot topic of the popular dicks' according... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Epilogue

Chapter Fourteen

403 13 8
By Kissmebiteme

Chapter Fourteen

It's Saturday and Luke's been tutoring me with my Math for the past two hours. Never in my life would I have thought someone that looks so grunge would have been so good at Math. I could have had Shane help me but he would have done the whole 'but I have some studying too, and blah, blah, blah'.

It turns out the party is tonight, Luke told me it was short notice, but this was seriously out of nowhere! What would I wear? I don't own many dress- No, I do. But I'm only going with Luke. But it's a party, why not dress up?

"So, when you cross out the negative nine, to move it to the other side of the equation it then becomes a plus." Luke says, dragging the pencil from one side of the equation to the other. Yeah, I find math really confusing, it's hard for me to process. I'm a visual learner so Maths is very much not my thing. All those numbers and letters mixing up in a jumble in my brain...it’s just…ugh! 

"Do you understand?" Luke asks, looking into my eyes as he takes them off the work book in front of us. He snaps his fingers in front of my face when he sees me going cross-eyed from boredom. I jerk to attention and nod my head. I don't understand it a lot, but I get the general idea of it.

He rolls his eyes in amusement.

"Okay, good. Just do the rest of these, and you're done, as long as you know about the negatives turning into a plus when moved to the opposite side, and vice versa, you’re fine. You'll pass." Luke says, handing me the pencil. Luke swings back on the chair, holding the back of mine. I turn my head looking over at him, and place my hand on his chest.

"Want a repeat of what happened last time you did this?" I smirk at him. He shakes his head and drops his seat down immediately, so all four legs are now on the floor instead of the back too. I laugh loudly, moving my hand, and continue my Math work.

It's around three pm, seeing as Luke and I hadn't woken up until twelve. We began working at around one thirty so it’s been a good hour and a half. Luke's planning to go home and shower, and walk back here at five, and from there Luke and I will walk back to his place, where around seven, Ashton will come around and pick us up from Luke's and then go pick up the other guys. Luke likes having times worked out, and I had only figured this out today. I told Luke I could just drive there or walk there but he insisted on coming here and walking me. 

I drop the pencil and shut my book, finally finished my Math revision thanks to Luke. I need to repay him in some way but honestly I don't know another subject I'm good at that Luke sucks at.

"Luke, I'm done." I say, Luke's eyes move from the painting on the wall and onto mine. He looks down at the book and flips through the revision section. He looks up at me with a smile.

"They seem to be all right, so you should pass. And if you don't…I'll hug you until you die. Nah, I'm kidding…who gives" Luke chuckles, placing the book down. He then stands up, tugging those ever-saggy pants up. I stand up too, and he wraps his arms around me, embracing me tightly.

"I'll see you at five." He says, I pull out of the hug and we both smile as I walk him to the front door. He leaves, while waving to me. I then shut the door, and bolt up stairs. What am I going to wear? It's a party! Not a casual day at the park, a flipping party! Loud music, alcohol, sweaty bodies, constant chatting, flirting, making out, and other weird stuff, but I can't go in jeans, can I? I wish I could go to one with Shane, but he's not much fun…why am I saying this? 

****

It's reached 4:30 pm and I'm still rifling through my closet, it's mostly filled with ripped jeans, converse, a bunch of heels, band shirts, school clothes and then my draws are filled with all this other crap, I've practically torn my room apart to find something to wear. I search my wardrobe desperately one more time, throwing all my clothes onto my bed, as I shuffle the fabric around searching for something that's not a piece of my school uniform.

I see a thin bright blue piece of fabric, and pull at it, revealing a strapless dress. I pull it from underneath the hunk of clothing, and lift it up to fully see it. It's a High Low dress; the front that would sway delicately above my knees and the back trailed along the floor, with a thin gold belt attached to the waist. I completely forgot about this dress, having bought it last summer, and was going to wear it to this charity event but that ended up getting cancelled. Well, I have a very good reason to wear it now.

I grab the dress, a strapless bra and undies, before running straight to the bathroom. It takes me like ten minutes to shower, but I'm planning on wearing make-up, and using my waver to make my hair a lot wavier.  I throw my hair into a bun, and cover it with a shower cap. I strip down to nothing, and begin running the water in the shower. I know for a fact that thirty minutes passes by very fast, and I've already wasted six thinking on why I haven’t worn that dress yet.

Once dressed, I take my hair out of its bun and watch in my bedroom mirror as my hair falls down to my waist. I brush my comb through my hair, running it through all the tangles, and work my magic with the hair waver. I begin doing my make-up but hear a knock. 

"Come in, Luke!" I shout, really loud. It’s not really safe to randomly invite someone I’m not even sure is Luke, but oh well, it’s done now. I had left the door wide open so Luke could hear me, while I stand up on my tippy toes, moving myself closer to the mirror to put on this damn liquid eyeliner. Privileges of having shit vision is not being able to see if you’re doing a good job with your make-up or not without being two inches away from the mirror. Yes, that's how close I am too, I'm practically-

"What are you trying to do, kiss the mirror?" Luke says, walking into my room panting (from what I assume was his walk over here) while taking a seat down on my bed. He read my mind, that's exactly what I was thinking!

"No, I'm trying to put on this damn eye liner!" I huff out, frustrated. I gently hold down the lid of the eye I was applying the liquid eye liner to, eyeing my work with my other, trying to do it as straight as possible. But as I move to the side a bit, my arm bumps the lamp on my dressing table, and the eye liner skews off diagonally as I jerk, marking my skin up to my eyebrow.

I clip the lid back onto the eye liner. "Shit!" I growl out in annoyance, throwing the eyeliner down onto the table. I grab a makeup wipe, and wipe all of my hard work off, and begin starting again. I reapply my foundation, and powder, as well as the eye shadow. 

Luke stands up, and walks over to me, I begin reapplying the eye liner, but I keep cracking the shits because I can't see if it's straight or not. Luke grabs my arm, gently and takes the eye liner out of my hands. I turn around my body is facing his, stomping my foot and pouting.

"I'll do it." He smiles gently, "Close your eyes."

I close my eyes, I feel him place one warm hand on my cheek, and the other moved as the eye liner slips across my eye lid. I stand still, his hands swapping as he does the other, feeling his body heat from how close we are. He finishes the other and slowly takes his hands off, me immediately missing their warmth as I go to open my eyes.

"Don't open them yet, your marker thing hasn't dried." He says. I laugh at how typically guy he is. He called the eye liner a marker. How could I not laugh? I feel him blow softly against my eyes, trying to make the 'marker' dry faster.

"You can open them." He tells me. I open my eyes, and turn around looking into the mirror at my eyes. My jaw nearly touches the ground, he freaking did a better job at my eyeliner, than anyone I've known that's ever done my makeup! The eye liner is so freaking straight, and it's perfect. Not too thick and not too light.

"Luke, you’re so good at everything. I'm jelly. But, it's called liquid eye liner not a marker." I giggle, while standing up on my tippy toes and ruffling his hair. He furrows his eyebrows and stands next to me in the mirror, and begins to ruffle his hair around looking frustrated. I messed his hair up. What a girl.

"Thanks but no. I'm not. And don't touch my hair." Luke pouts jokingly, moving away from the mirror after fixing his hair. He smiles over at me, shoving his hands into the pockets of his black skinny jeans. He's wearing what he usually wears on weekends, Battle of the Bands and band practices….ripped black skinny jeans, band shirt and these black shoes.

I walk away from him, and sit down on my bed. I lie down on my stomach and search around for some of my shoes in this mess I had made today.

"Hey, I just realized but umm…what happened to your room?" Luke asks, sitting down next to me, the spot next to my legs hanging over edge sinking.

I find my shoes underneath my bed and sit myself up. I sit the shoes on the ground, while running my hands through my hair, neatening it up. I look over at Luke and smile.

"This is what happens when I have no idea what to wear." I inform him, slipping on my beige heels. Heels are an amazing invention; I can be a short arse one day by wear flats, or converses, and be tall the next by wear a simple pair of heels, I love it! I can practically choose my height any day!

"Huh. Well you could’ve just gone like me" He tells me and I rolled my eyes.
“Boys” I mutter. “You wouldn’t get it Luke…except for your obsession with your hair, then fashion is lost on you” I wink at him, stand up and pull up my dress, since it's strapless, I'm most likely going to be doing this all night.

We get outside, and I forget that we're walking to Luke's. I take off my heels again, hold them in my hands, and we make our way down to Luke’s.

****

Luke comes around and opens the door for me to Ashton's car, as we had just gotten to Derek's place. I step out, carrying my heels in my hands. I slip them back on, and Luke shuts the door. The other guys had bolted out of the car, besides Ashton.

"Thanks, Luke." I smile in gratitude as I hold his shoulder while slipping on my second heel.

He puts his hand on the small of my back, and we walk to the front door of Derek's house; where you could already hear the music while driving half way down the street, and hearing it up close now, I know how loud it's going to be when we get inside…pretty damn loud.

We walk inside, not bothering to knock from how loud the music was. I stay close to Luke, not wanting to get lost in this crowd of sweaty bodies grinding against each other in the middle of the dining room. Red plastic cups were scattered around the living/dining room we’re in now, and a ton of people were squashed together, with barely any breathing room. Walking past, I see a few creepy looking guys smoking against the wall; they look to be around the age of twenty to thirty years old. Jeez; what happened to those high school only parties you see on TV? I grab onto Luke's arm and pull myself close to him.

"Oh, shit. Shake your ass, now move it like a gypsy."

Swing by Savage and Joel Fletcher is playing on full blast, and I swear the house is going to collapse from how loud the music is. 

We walk into the kitchen, where Derek Maxes is…smoking out of a…bong? Huh, so they do drugs here? Luke and Derek shake hands when he pulls his lips from the druggie pipe, and I watch as Derek eyes the length of my body, hardly looking at my face.

"Damn, Ness. You really know how to look hot." He says, swiping his cracked lips with his tongue. I now have half my body hidden behind Luke. I don't really like Derek, especially now that he’s leering at me in a drunk high, and I never thought he noticed me; despite having Maths together. 

"Er…Thanks?" I mumble. Luke grabs my wrist and pulls me from behind him. I stand next to him, and look around the room while he leans his head in close to Derek, mumbling something to him. Derek replies and walks away, so Luke looks at me.

"Want a drink?" He yells, trying to get me to hear him over the loud music. I smile.

"Sure." I yell back, nodding my head in case he didn’t get the message. I guess these parties are designed for drunken acts of stupidity instead of conversation. Luke grabs my wrist dragging me over to a table full of blue, pink, yellow, and other coloured liquids in different coloured bottles. He grabs a beer, then a red cup.

"You want water or something? Or vodka?" Luke yells over the music once more. I debate for a while. I’d usually take the water, but why not change things up a bit?

"Vodka, thanks" I say, my mother always taught me to use my manners. I remember when I was little she'd slap me if I didn't say thank you, or please. But that slap has made 'one hell of a good kid' as she would say.

Luke hands me a cup, and cracks open his beer with his teeth. I take a sip of my vodka, gagging from the strong smell that wafted out of the cup. I gulp most of the liquid down, holding my nose, wincing at the strong after-burn it made in my mouth and down my chest. Luke wraps his hand gently around my arm, and pulls me next to him, making me nearly spill my drink all overmyself, but luckily I didn't.

"Come on, and cover your drink, you don't want to trust anyone to not accidently drug you" Luke warns me, his voice hovering just over the music. I follow behind him, and he takes us outside to a bunch of seats. We see Ashton, Calum and Michael sitting down near a fire. Luke pulls me over there, motioning for me to sit, which I take. He goes to sit on the ground but I stand up, about to offer him the seat, but he pushes me down, making my bottom hit with a light thump. He sits in front of my shins, with his legs stretched out and bent at the knee.

I run my hands through his hair, and he leans his head back on my knees, taking a sip from his beer. Ashton and Calum are talking while Michael is fascinated with some girl sitting next to him. I smile before gulping down the rest of my drink.

"I'm going to go pee." Luke says, standing up. He yanks up his pants, and sits his drink down by my foot.

"Cause I needed to know that, Luke." I say, smiling.

Luke's POV

"Cause I needed to know that, Luke." Ness says, smiling. I smile back before waving at her and walking towards the back door leading to the inside of Derek's house. I've been to Derek’s parties hundreds of times. He has them every Saturday since his mother goes to Yoga, and his Dad always seems to have a late night shift on Saturday's, giving Derek the house to himself. He has a stash of alcohol in his room, and uses that for his parties, buying a new supply every Thursday.

I walk up the stairs, running a hand through my hair. I walk up into the corridor, making my way to the toilet when I hear Shane's voice. I can tell if it's his voice or not from a mile away. I've heard enough foul words, lies and shit come from his mouth to catch it even in a house full of pounding music. He can be a good guy, but he just doesn't like not having things go his way, likes to have more than one thing at a time. 

"How many times do I need to tell you Megan? I don't love her! Yenessa is good kisser and all but she isn't carrying my damn child! I haven't made love to her, I don't even hug her because she doesn't hug me the way you do! She hasn't told me her real feelings about me, like you have. I love you!" Shane yells angrily and I hear glass shatter in the room. I blink in shock. Megan? Megan Watson? Ex-best friend of Yenessa - Megan Watson? But I never would have thought she'd be carrying his kid. In fact I didn't think her and Shane were hooking up! I would go tell Yenessa but, after getting to know her these past few weeks, I know she won't take it well. She's in love with Shane and this news will crush her.

"But-" Megan her voice breaking; she’s definitely crying. I sneak closer to the door where their voices were coming from. Imagine someone seeing me listening in to a closed bedroom door…they’d probably think I was some sort of perv.

"But I love you, and nothing in this world can change that. I'm planning on breaking it off with Yenessa anyway, and I'm pretty sure she's hooking up with Luke or something but who gives a shit. All we should be caring about is that precious life we've created that you’re carrying." Shane says, and all I hear is mumbles again.

I don't know what to say really. I’ve always known Shane's a dick, but I never thought he'd be that big of a dick. I walk into the bathroom, and do my business before walking back down stairs, in a daze from the information I learnt.

Shane was cheating on Yenessa.

Shane and Megan are together.

Shane knocked up Megan!

I don't know how I'm going to not tell Yenessa, I tell her everything, I can't keep anything away from her, I can't keep a secret when I'm around her, I just feel the need to be truthful to her. But this will break her heart.

I walk back to the guys and Yenessa, sitting back in front of her legs, and she begins running her hands through my hair again. I love it when she does that, and for a moment it soothed my concerned thoughts about the whole Shane mess. I guess you could say it's relaxing but I think it's more than that…I love her touch.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 244 40
wnat happens when rest a a normal girl gets bullied by "HAWTIE HEMMINGS?" WhT happens when she develops feelings for calum. Does he like her back. Wh...
21.6K 495 25
Luke Hemmings was just hanging out with the boys and One Direction when 5 Seconds of Summer's manager kidnaps him. The boys try to get him back but c...
175K 8.1K 24
Luke is in love with his best friend, Ashton Irwin. He constantly finds himself getting stuck in situations where he feels exposed to his feelings an...
15.4K 595 45
Meet the girl who practically lives under a rock, Jessa Mill. She knows a lot of things but when you ask her "do you like 5sos?" She'd immediately re...