Right Next To Me

Autorstwa urbanstargazer

They say true love comes just once in a lifetime. Cate Ryan never stayed in one place. Her childhood was spen... Więcej

Chapter 1 My Summer Begins
Chapter 2 The First Boy of Summer
Chapter 3 Derek
Chapter 4 I am going.
Chapter 5 Topless Boy
Chapter 6 Seth
Chapter 7 A Day at the Fair
Chapter 8 The Lake House
Chapter 9 Cranky Boy
Chapter 10 The Inside Story
Chapter 11 My Kind of Summer
Chapter 12 A Family Dinner and A Box of Memories
Chapter 13 Always You
Chapter 14 At the White Luncheon
Chapter 15 The (Polo) Playing Field
Chapter 16 Dylan
Chapter 17 That (Awesome) Anniversary Dinner Party
Chapter 18 Operation Bring Back That Lovin' Feeling
Chapter 19 The Beautiful Ones
Chapter 21 Summer Getaways
Chapter 22 Surprise!
Chapter 23 His Point Of View
Chapter 24 One Stormy Night
Chapter 25 A Lovers' Quarrel
Chapter 26 One Last Hurray for Summer
Chapter 27 Another Summer Ends
Chapter 28 The Birthday Celebrations
Chapter 29 Whose Birthday Is It Anyway?
Chapter 30 The (Best) Morning After
Chapter 31 On Courage and Sleeping
Chapter 32 Merry Christmas, War Is Over
Chapter 33 Happy New Year Dear
Chapter 34 My Cranky Valentine
Chapter 35 The Love Intervention
Chapter 36 The Sweetest Thing
Chapter 37 The Birthday Boy
Chapter 38 On A Night Like This
Chapter 39 What Happens in California...
Chapter 40 Decisions...Decisions...
Chapter 41 A Promise I Make
Chapter 42 Right Next To Me
Chapter 43 Cheesy Lines and Perfect Words
Chapter 44 Endless Summer
Forever Summer Series

Chapter 20 A Day with Prince Charming

2.9K 33 4
Autorstwa urbanstargazer

Chapter 20 ~ A Day with Prince Charming

I crept into Dylan’s room again.  I found him in bed, still sleeping. He looks like a sleeping angel with a hint of smile on his face. I slowly and carefully lowered my face to kiss his forehead. I didn’t want to wake him up but I wanted to kiss him good bye before I left with Aunt Lily. I wanted to see her office and the work she does.

My lips barely touched his skin when his arms shot up and wrapped around my waist causing me to lose my balance and fall on him. “Good morning, Cranky.” I sheepishly greeted him. “Didn’t mean to wake you up.” I added, giving him quick kisses in his face so he does not get mad at me for waking him up. He just kept quiet, smirking.

I tried to get up and off him but he wouldn’t let me. His arms are still enveloping me. “Uhm. Dylan, you’re crushing my boobs.” I said trying to get up again.

“Ahh, we wouldn’t want that.” He chuckled and let me go. He raised himself up to a sitting position and his eyebrows furrowed when he noticed that I’m all dressed.

“Where are you going?” He asked after appraising my look. I was wearing a quarter sleeved blue top with tan colored short skirt. I have a black jacket on hand.

“I am going to the office with Aunt Lily. Will you meet me for lunch?” I asked, running my hand thru his messy hair. He took my hand and kissed it. He pulled me in and kissed me on the lips.

He nodded. “You got any other plans I should know about?” He raised an eyebrow. I shook my head. “I’m all yours this afternoon.”

“All mine?” Dylan grinned. His naughty eyes seem to twinkle. “Great. See you later then.”  I kissed him again and I went on my way.

 ~*~

Aunt Lily introduced me to her associates and assistants at the office. I have always been interested in fashion since I was a child. I used to play around this office when my mother was here. Aunt Lily let me sit in on a presentation on the new perfume they are developing. I also got to see designs for next season’s womenswear collection.

My mind is now swirling with new ideas for designs. I also wanted to infuse color to some of the clothes they presented. I could tell Aunt Lily about them but of course, they get to have the final say. Who would listen to a high school student anyway?

I was browsing thru some catalogues when Dylan sauntered in Aunt Lily’s office. He gave me a huge grin and my heart went on overdrive again. He is wearing a grey shirt that brought out the blue in his eyes and dark denim jeans. He looks like a fashion model. “Hey, Cranky. You’re early.” I said, standing up and walking over to him.

I stepped into his open arms and we kissed. “Hmmm. I wanted to take a stroll and then have lunch.” He said. “Plus, I miss you already. So…” he trailed off. He ran his hand down my back stopping on my ass. Hmm, sneaky, cranky boy. I don’t mind though. I’ll give him anything he wants. Anything.

“Let’s look for Aunt Lily. I’ll tell her we are going.” I said, picking up my bag.

“I saw her by one of the conference rooms.” Dylan motioned towards the direction of one of the conference rooms, taking my hand as we walked out of the office.

Everyone we passed by at the office stopped to stare at us. I feel so proud to be with Dylan. He looks like Prince Charming. We found Aunt Lily, said our goodbyes and went on our way.

Dylan did not bring his car so we walked along 5th avenue, sightseeing. I didn’t feel like checking out the shops again after my whole day shopping trip yesterday. For lunch, we ended up at Eataly. We feasted on pasta and pizza and wine.

“This reminds me so much of Saint Remy.” I said raising my wine glass.

“Do you miss Saint Remy?” He asked, holding my gaze. I thought for a moment, “ I miss the good and simple life there but I miss the people here.”

“Let’s travel to Saint Remy. I want to see it.” He said. “Yeah. We should go.” I agreed. Could I be any happier?  I have not gone on an overseas trip with friends but I get to go with my boyfriend.

We went to Columbia University. Dylan showed me where he studies and hangs out. We bumped into some of his classmates Edward and Mitch, who didn’t take a break. They were pretty cool guys. I am glad to note that Dylan has many good friends. I, on the other hand, only managed to keep one. Kendall, my best friend, will be flying in to New York two weeks from now.

“O’Connor, now we know why you would not date any of the girls who run after you.” Edward said. “So, where do you study, Cate? What are you taking up?”  I looked at Dylan to check if it is alright for his friends to know that I am only in high school.

“It is OK.” He said and nodded.

“I will be a senior at Spence.” I said shyly. Edward and Mitch looked surprised. “Oh. Jail bait.” Edward whistled. Mitch scratched his head and sighed. “Where do you plan to study in college then?” He asked. I thought for a moment.

“Hmm. I haven’t really thought about it. I’m interested in taking up business management or visual arts or advertising.” I shrugged. Dylan is smiling and nodding. “She is really good at drawing. You should see her work.” He said proudly.

“I heard arts programs in UCLA are good or Yale Or maybe Stanford.” I added. I noticed Dylan inhale sharply. His smile completely wiped away from his face.  “We have the School of the Art’s Global Programs here.” Edward offered. He must have noticed Dylan’s reaction to what I said.

“Yeah. That too. I don’t know. I still have time to think anyway.” I waved the topic away. I glanced at Dylan whose brows are furrowed again. Uh-oh. I’m in trouble.

“We better get going.” Dylan told his friends and clapped their backs. He looks so serious now than earlier. I really said something wrong.

“See you around, Cate.” Mitch said.

“Nice meeting you.” Edward called out as Dylan and I walked away.

“Same here. See you around.” I called out.

~*~

We ended up in Dylan’s apartment in Morningside Heights. It is a few minute walk from campus. It is an eleven storey building with balconies and roof top gardens.

Dylan has not spoken to me since we left the company of his friends. I did not attempt to talk to him either because I know he is not in a good mood. I’ll try later when we are inside. He led me up to the unit he shares with Chuck, another one of his friends.

We walked in to a neat, minimalist apartment. You could easily tell that men live here. There are no decors or furnishings that would say otherwise. The place is clean and tidy. I immediately walked over to the windows to check out the view. I could see a park and a neat garden below. I smiled tentatively at Dylan. I did not know what got him riled up in the first place.

“Your place is cool. It is neat. Who cleans up?” I inquired. I picked up a men’s magazine and I made a face. “Yours?”

Dylan chuckled and walked over to me, taking the magazine from my hand. “Nope. This is Chuck’s.” He said, tossing the magazine inside a drawer. “We try to clean up. If it gets out of hand, we ask for help. Jessie sends someone to clean.”

I walked around the apartment, checking each space. I saw the kitchen and the lounge.  There are two rooms, one on each side of the apartment. “Which one is yours?” I turned to look at Dylan.

He pointed at the door near where I was standing. I walked over and opened it. He has a king sized bed in the middle of the room, facing the large window. He has a view of the park below and the river beyond it. There is a desk by the window and a bookshelf by the wall. An easy chair is facing the window.

Another wall has a mounted flat screen television. Facing it is a two-seater couch. I walked further in to inspect his walk-in closet and peeked into his bathroom. I have to say he is pretty tidy for a guy. There are no dirty clothes on the floor. I walked back out to find Dylan sitting on an easy chair in the room.

I walked over to him and sat on his lap. Hey, if Julianna could do it, I could do it too, I thought smugly. He put his arm around my waist and I wrapped my arms around his neck. I don’t like Dylan when he is so quiet. I would rather he tease me endlessly than be quiet.

“What’s bothering you?” I asked, looking into his blue eyes. I traced his features using my pointer finger. Damn, this boy is gorgeous. I can’t see anything out of place.

“You.” He simply said. “You’re making me hot and bothered.” He is stopping himself from smiling.

“I know. Besides me?” I said smiling now.

He just sighed and shook his head. He pulled me down for a kiss. His fingers got tangled in my hair and his other hand is firmly planted on my lower back. A sigh escaped my lips when we slightly parted to get some air. “I love you, Caitlin.” He whispered as he was kissing my jaw line.

“I love you too, Dylan.” He smiled and kissed me again.

This kiss is more intense. He caressed my back. I felt his hand travel down to my thighs. I moaned. His touch makes me feel things I have never felt before. Dylan broke our kiss. I pouted at him. He just chuckled and flicked my nose.

 “You’ll never get this chance again.” I jokingly warned him, holding him by the collar of his shirt.

He raised an eyebrow. “Oh yeah, we’ll see about that.” Of course, he wouldn’t take me seriously.

“How many women have slept there?” I said pointing at his bed.

He smirked. “Zero.” I looked at him unbelieving. “I don’t like taking women home. That is Chuck’s style. Not mine.” He explained.

“Ooh, so you do it somewhere else.” I said then I covered my ears with my hands. I didn’t really want to hear his reply. I am so jealous. He laughed at my reaction.

He picked me up and carried me over to his bed. He put me down gently without breaking our gaze. My heart is hammering in my chest. He started kissing me and I automatically responded. I felt his hand travelling slowly down my body again. I wrapped my arm around his neck. His hand gripped my hair as he started kissing my neck. His hand slipped inside my shirt to touch my stomach, moving up to my breasts. His other hand is caressing my thigh. Moving slowly up to where we both want his hand to go. I parted my legs and moved my hips to give him access. I felt his erection on my thigh.

At this point, I would sleep with him if he asked me to. We were so into each other that we didn’t hear the door open. We were startled when we heard laughter in the lounge. Dylan and I froze and turned to look at the bedroom door. We didn’t lock it.

Hesitantly, Dylan got up and off of me and ran a hand thru his hair, muttering something breathlessly to himself. “I‘ll go and check who that is.” He said, looking so apologetic.

I nodded smiling. I dropped my head back on the bed. I feel so giddy with all this making out but I am also so excited and happy. I shook my head, smiling. So this is how making out feels like. I sighed and stared dreamily at the ceiling while I try to get my breathing and heartbeat back to normal.

After a few minutes, I decided to follow Dylan outside the room. I crept out of his bedroom and into the lounge. Dylan’s back is turned towards me. He is talking to a guy with dark hair who tilted his head to the side when he noticed me. He smiled and stepped towards me. “I finally got to meet you, Caitlin. I’m Chuck.” He took my hand and kissed it.

Dylan rolled his eyes at the gesture. I suppressed a giggle at his reaction. “Hi Chuck.” I said smiling.

“You’re one lucky bastard, O’Connor. No wonder you would not mind all the ladies I bring home for you. You got a gorgeous one right here.” Chuck said turning to Dylan. “When are you moving in?” He asked turning back to me.

“Huh.  I’m not…” I started.

“Do you actually think I’ll let her live anywhere near you?” Dylan interrupted, smirking.

“Didn’t think so. I was just wishful thinking.” Chuck laughed. This guy is worse than Seth. I sighed. Men and their raging hormones. “Well, sorry to interrupt your love making. Carry on.” He said shooing us away. “Hot ladies are waiting in my room.” He walked away still laughing.

I turned to look at Dylan, crossing my arms and shaking my head. My boyfriend shares an apartment with a playboy. Dylan came over to me chuckling and draping his arm on my shoulder. “I’m a good boy. Don’t worry.”

“You better be.” I pretended to scold him. He laughed.

“Let’s take a walk. You wouldn’t want to hear the noise in Chuck’s room.” He teased. We went back to his bedroom to get my bag and to freshen up before heading out.

Dylan received a text message from his friends, Edward and Mitch, to meet up in Bryant Park for some free movies. We decided to join them since we got nothing planned anyway. We headed there early to wait and watch the sun set. We had early dinner at the Bryant Park Café with his friends and then we headed to the grounds to watch the movie.

I didn’t really understand much of the movie because Dylan kept distracting me with his kisses. It was fun to be outside though and gaze at the stars while I am wrapped in his arms.

~*~

We jogged in Central Park the following morning. I bought rubber shoes during my shopping spree the previous day. They were put to good use today. At breakfast, we decided to drive back to the Hamptons after lunch to avoid the rush hour. We also had to swing by the airport to pick up Derek. He is flying in from Chicago.

Dylan and I were already waiting by the arrival area when Derek showed up. He hugged us. “I heard.” He said. “You are finally together. I’m happy for you.”

“Thanks, Derek.” I smiled at him.

“So, Operation Bring Back That Lovin’ Feeling really worked?” He said chuckling.

“Yup.” Dylan conceded. "You knew about that?" Derek roared with laughter to signify his affirmation.

“How is Chicago?” I asked. We are now driving home to the Hamptons. Well, Dylan is driving and I am just a passenger. Derek is stretched out in the backseat. He looks so tired.

“Same heat and humidity.” Derek chuckled. “Let’s head to the beach tomorrow.” He suggested.

“Great idea.” Dylan and I chorused. We ended up laughing when we realized we said it at the same time.

“You even have the same reactions.” Derek teased.

~*~

We reached the villa just before 4 o’clock. We entered the house and our noses were filled with homey smells from Jessie’s kitchen. We all headed to that one first. “Hey, Jess!” We all greeted her.

“Oh, I’ve missed you guys.” Jessie said, hugging each one of us. She looked at me and Dylan. “Hmm. I heard it is official?” She was talking about us officially dating. We nodded smiling. “Ooh, I’m so happy for you both.” She said gathering us again into a hug.

Jessie happily listed down the food she wanted to prepare when we told her that we will go to the beach. “We’ll help you cook, Jess.” Dylan and I offered. She gladly accepted.

Seth walked in Jessie’s kitchen after about an hour. He sat by the kitchen counter and took the cookie jar. I was busy slicing some tomatoes for the sauce Jessie needed. Dylan was mixing and marinating some meat. “So, what did you two do while I was away?” Seth said, munching on a cookie.

“What were you expecting us to do?” I asked, smiling and looking at him. I should have kept my mouth shut. Seth is smirking now and looking at Dylan. I glanced at Dylan and he has the same reaction.

“Wow, bro. Finally. ” Seth said laughing and looking amazed at Dylan. Dylan was just chuckling, shaking his head. “Wow, Cate. Good job.”

“What good job? I don’t get what you mean.” I said, my brows furrowing.

Seth turned to Dylan. “Are you kidding me, O’Connor? She does not seem to know what you did.”

“You’re the one who assumed.” Dylan said, flatly. He turned to put something in the oven.

“Oww. I thought…” Seth sighed. That was when I got it. Seth was inquiring if I had slept with Dylan. Topless Boy really has an x rated mind. I remembered what could have happened if Chuck and his girls did not arrive at the apartment. I felt blood rushing thru my head.

“Oh, I could use more tomatoes for my sauce.” Jessie teased, pointing at my face. “Aha, you’re blushing. You did something.” Seth declared.

“No.” I quickly denied which made Dylan laugh. I glared at him. “What?” He asked innocently.

“Why are you so interested in my…in my…” I could not say it.

Seth raised an eyebrow. “Interested in your…?” he asked, motioning for me to continue.

“…my sex life.” I blurted out and winced. They all laughed. I heard Jessie say ‘more tomatoes, more tomatoes’ in a sing song voice. I am blushing like there is no tomorrow.

Dylan is also laughing but he came over  to me and draped an arm in my shoulder, “Don’t mind him. He is just teasing you.” I looked at him, pouting. He pinched my nose. “You look so cute when you blush.”

“I’ll know if something happened…’coz you won’t blush anymore.” Seth said, wagging an eyebrow. Dylan threw a tomato at him and it hit him in the chest. Seth faked a groan.

“Shut up, Seth. You might upset her. She might not be in the mood later.” Dylan said, looking at me and chuckling. I know he is just teasing. I held up a fat, juicy tomato and narrowed my eyes at him. He started backing out. “Cate…” He said, warningly. He is holding up his hands defensively.

“No more kisses for you.” I declared.  “What?!” Dylan protested. “This is all your fault.” He turned to Seth.

“Oh come on. We both know you can’t keep your hands off each other.” Seth said rolling his eyes and chuckling.

“Young love.” Jessie mumbled and took away the sliced tomatoes and the one I have on hand. She shooed us away from the kitchen. “Go. Shoo. Time to kiss and make out.”

“Jessie, it is make up.” I corrected her.

“No, I said kiss and make out like you two always do.” She teased. Seth is snickering. “See. Even Jessie knows it.”

“Shut up!” I glowered at him. Dylan chuckled. “You, too.” I said turning to him. He stopped but I could tell he is just trying so hard to control it.

I left the kitchen and went upstairs to my room. I don’t like getting teased about being inexperienced. I get that a lot in school, like being a virgin is a bad thing. I don’t think so. I want to sleep with only one guy for the rest of my life. It is with that gorgeous, cranky boy I left in the kitchen.

“Look what you did.” I heard Dylan blaming Seth. “Psshh. It is just PMS.” Seth said.

Dinner is another family affair. Aunt Lily and Uncle Aidan arrived just in time for dinner. Seth had dinner with us because his family went to visit Marie’s parents in Montauk. We found out we cannot use the lake house tomorrow because Uncle Aidan and his buddies will be using it.

“Swimming pool, it is.” Derek said smiling.  “Let’s take out the yacht next week.” Aunt Lily suggested. Uncle Aidan readily agreed.

“Yay! Sailing.” I said clapping my hands in excitement. “I wish Ian is here. He loves sailing.”

“Call him then. He is his own boss anyway. He could go on vacation anytime.” Aunt Lily said. I nodded, smiling.

I headed to my room after dinner. I took a quick shower and changed into my sleepwear. I wanted to do some sketching or read a book. I haven’t done either since Dylan arrived. I end up flirting with him the whole time.

I was curled up in my chair when I heard someone knock. “Come in.” I am looking at the door to see who will turn up.

It was Dylan. “Hi.” He said shyly. I motioned for him to come in. I have not spoken a word to him since earlier this evening.

He sat on my bed. “Sorry about earlier.” He started. I shook my head and got up from my chair. I had a robe on but I realized it is still short when I sat beside him on the bed. It rode up to my mid-thigh. I had to pull it down discreetly but Dylan still noticed.

“Are you wearing the satin one?” He asked me with a mischievous grin.  

“Dylannn…” I complained, hitting his arm lightly.

He chuckled. “Just kidding.”

“Why is Seth so interested to know if I slept with you?”  I asked, running my fingers thru his hair. He grinned.

“Don’t mind Seth. He is just teasing us.” He draped an arm on my shoulder.

“I don’t see what is funny about being a…being a…” Argh. Do I really have to say it? “…virgin.” I bit my lip and swallowed hard. Dylan chuckled. “See? You’re laughing at me.” I frowned.

He kissed my forehead. “No, silly. I wasn’t laughing because you’re a virgin. I was laughing at your reaction. I don’t understand why you have to be so embarrassed. It is cute and frankly, I am happy about the fact.” He laughed again and wagged an eyebrow. I blushed.

He ruffled my hair. “See, you’re blushing again. We rarely see that so Seth makes it a point to tease you.”

I leaned my head on his shoulder. “Dylan…hmm…do you want to...hmm…you know…”. I felt him chuckling.

“Yeah, sure.” He said. I looked up at him, my eyes wide. He is smiling. “Only when you are ready.” I kissed his cheek, happy that he is willing to wait.

He shifted and held my face. “Good night, I love you Caitlin Olivia Martine.” He leaned in to kiss me.

I eagerly kissed him back. “Good night, Dylan Christopher. I love you.” He smiled and slowly got up and off the bed. He noticed my sketch pad. “Don’t stay up too late.” I nodded.

I remembered I had to call Ian. Since he is supposed to be at a wedding, I assume he would still be awake. I took out my phone and dialed his number.

“Hey, brother.” I greeted him when he picked up. “How’s the wedding? Send my best wishes to Rich and his wife.”

“All good. We are getting wasted now. Are you back at the villa?” He asked.

“Yup. Home. Hey, we are going sailing next week. You want to come? We’ll use Uncle Aidan’s yacht.”

“Hmm. Tempting. I suppose I could stop over before flying back to Paris.” He said.

“Yay! See you then.” I said happily.

I went back to sketching some dresses. Who knows if one day I become a famous fashion designer? Yup. I think it is time to clean up my act and not be a pain to Ian. I have to be more mature now. I want to make my family proud of me. I want to make Dylan proud of me like the way that I am so proud of him.

He is so dreamy. He is gorgeous and intelligent. He is caring and kind. He easily loses his temper but I could easily handle that. I giggled at the thought. As Seth said, one kiss and he is a goner.  

Dylan is perfect for me. Most of all, he loves me.

I just finished sketching his handsome face on my pad and I am staring at it now like a fool. I am sure my dreams tonight will be of him.

 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

OK, that is it for today. Ugh. This heat is killing me. I am nursing a migraine. I am as hot and bothered as Dylan and Cate though not in the same way LOL.

 Cate and Dylan's pic on the side ==>

Vote and comment if you like it. If you don't, you can still vote and comment.  ;o)

Love, love, love <3

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

109K 4.1K 40
I've been unlucky in love. I've had my heart broken so many times. When I meet a guy, he makes me believe I can love again. He is everything I've eve...
20.9K 403 18
Life doesn't always play fair. It's a game of fight or flight. What happens when the unexpected, unexplainable, unchangeable happens? You can't fight...
53.8K 2K 30
True love only comes once in a lifetime and when it goes, it always leaves a scar that even time cannot fully heal. Do people really get their second...
373 48 37
This is just another love story that goes wrong, because real love usually does. This time, the story just happens to be true. I thought I'd seen the...