Beautiful Mistake | ✓

By Lexy_VLover

❝how would you feel if i told you i loved you? it's just something that i wanna do❞ When Violetta's parents'... More

• foreword •
• 1 •
• 2 •
• 3 •
• 4 •
• 5 •
• 6 •
• 7 •
• 8 •
• 9 •
• 10 •
• 11 •
• 12 •
• 13 •
• 14 •
• 15 •
• 16 •
• 17 •
• 18 •
• 19 •
• 20 •
• 21 •
• 22 •
• 23 •
• 24 •
• 25 •
• 26 •
• 27 •
• 28 •
• 29 •
• 30 •
• 31 •
• 32 •
• 33 •
• 34 •
• 35 •
• 36 •
• 37 •
• 38 •
• 39 •
• 40 •
• 41 •
• 42 •
• 43 •
• 44 •
• 45 •
• 46 •
• 48 •
• 49 •
• 50 •
• 51 •
• 52 •
• 53 •
• 54 •
• 55 •
• 56 •
• 57 •
• 58 •
• 59 •
• 60 •
• afterword •
• Part 2 • Diego •
• 2.1 •
• 2.2 •
• 2.3 •
• 2.4 •
• 2.5 •
• 2.6 •
• 2.7 •
• 2.8 •
• 2.9 •
• 2.10 •
• 2.11 •
• 2.12 •
• 2.13 •
• 2.14 •
• 2.15 •
• alternate ending 1 •
• alternate ending 2 •
• epilogue •
• afterword •

• 47 •

360 13 22
By Lexy_VLover

((Here's a new chapter! Considering the book has about plus minus fifteen chapters left this is when their relationship really strengthens! Also if you see a word with two asterisks then that was meant to be bold and if you see a word with two underscores then that was meant to be italic. I wrote it in Docs and when you transfer to wattpad then it changes from bold or italic back to normal and it's frustrating. So sorry about that! But I tried to edit! Also, I know the gif is a little happy but there is some happiness and I found the gif and I will not waste it. Last week was hellish and left me unable to update. If this week goes well you should get an update next weekend! That aside, enjoy! xx)

"YOU CAN WIPE your tears away as much as you want, it doesn't change the fact that I still saw them,"

I sigh and bring my hands away from my face into my lap. I look down at them and fiddle. Through the screen I feel his eyes on me.

"I'm fine," I assure him.

"Then why won't you look at me?" He inquires.

Because if I do I will burst into tears again.

It's not his fault, of course it's not his fault. He didn't ask her to come to the penthouse, he didn't ask her to say all of those horrible things. It's not his fault.

But I still want to blame him. I still want to blame him for giving her the keys in the first place. How could he give her access into what should be my safe place?

"If we weren't married, I would be angrier that you are just blatantly ignoring me."

"Get back to work," I tell him and he chuckles dryly.

"My day is done. I only start my meetings tomorrow," He informs me. I nod.

He gives up on the small talk and asks me who did it. Who hurt my feelings? Who managed to make me cry like those horrible tweets? Who was it?

"Diego, I'm going to cut this call. You lied, you said it was urgent," I say and move my hand towards the Macbook.

"I had a long day, needed to talk to somebody," He said and I stop my fingers.

"Couldn't you let me enjoy my peace?" I joke and he smiles.

"Camila and Marco aren't picking up my call,"

I try to hide my smile and just nod as if this was news to me.

"So I'm your second choice? Or third?" I say raising my eyebrow with a smile.

Diego really had a talent. I couldn't keep the smile off my face as I watched him laugh.

"Thanks for picking up," He says and I feel the gratitude in his voice.

"Thanks for choosing me third," I wink and he shrugs.

"Who else would I have called?"

And just like that my smile vanishes. It even shocked me how quickly a smile could disappear. I stare at my lap again and I hear him curse slightly. He questions again, who was it?

I suppose I was making it harder for myself. I could easily tell him what happened, I walked in and there she was. Her royal highness with her smirk plastered across his face. But I was frightened that he would choose Lara's side over mine.

Stupid insecurity. He had assured me so many times that it was over between him and Lara and she just waltzes in and ruins all of that.

"Letta," He whispers.

Or at least it sounded like a whisper. I knew Diego. He was on the brink of screaming. Not at me but at the screen, as if that would make it better. He had anger issues sometimes.

I was probably not helping it.

"It was Lara," I finally say and he lets out a ragged breath.

"Fuck," He murmurs and I laugh humourlessly.

"Yeah,"

I start to tell him what happened. I take many breaths in between sentences, pauses to regain my composure. He waits patiently. Something I took for granted: his patience.

"You don't believe her do you?" He says, easily. It wasn't that easy for me.

I shake my head weakly and he clenches his eyes shut. He pulls on his tie to loosen it and shrugs off his jacket.

"You shouldn't be so insecure—sorry, that's stupid of me to say,"

Finally somebody understood that you can't just tell somebody who is insecure to just stop.

"You don't look so good," He says and I chuckle dryly.

"Gee thanks," I say, cocking my head.

He rests his forehead on his knuckles and turns his head to look at him, an amused expression settling on his face.

"I can talk to her if you want me to," He says, his tone shifting.

"I'd rather you not," I admit and he nods, understanding.

I notice him trying to stifle a yawn and when that fails he covers it up with a cough. I realise that it's late in London. I see the fatigue in his eyes.

"You can go to sleep," I tell him.

"Will you be okay?" He asks, concerned.

"Probably not. I'll be fine tomorrow," I say. He looks at me worriedly.

"Sleep!" I order and he laughs.

"Goodnight Diego," I say, giving him a little wave.

"Goodnight princess," He says softly.

[]

THE NEXT MORNING I felt considerably better.

I had sent Federico a message, well I replied to his flurry of messages. Of course he would be worried, it was Lara Jimenez.

I rub my eyes and look at my new device. The screen lights up. 5 new e-mails.

From: Diego Hernandez
To: Violetta Hernandez
Day: 10 December 2017
Subject: Frazier Foundation
Time: 04:21

You've heard of it right?

Diego Hernandez
CEO of GD Enterprises

From: Diego Hernandez
To: Violetta Hernandez
Date: 10 December 2017
Subject: You Are Still Sleeping
Time: 04:34

Realised that you won't answer for a few more hours and it will be a bigger waste of time if you don't know and then I have to explain. Time is money, and my time is expensive.

The Frazier Foundation (FF) was created by Julia Frazier, wife to Michael Frazier (the second richest man in the country). It was founded to give back to community and the less fortunate. It was a success. So Julia opened up the Foundation to more members, other women only of course. Hence the joining of Hailey Stewart, Donna Vergo, Kaila Kingston, Emily Sands, Abigail Grays and Tiana Linktin. All wives of some of the richest in the country.

Which brings me to you. You are married to me and well you know my status, you have been invited to join the Frazier Foundation!

Remember what an honour it will be, and how elite this "club" is. Also you will definitely be the youngest in the group, so expect some comments about that. And no, you don't have a choice. You are member Number 8.

Congratulations.

Diego Hernandez
CEO of GD Enterprises

From: Diego Hernandez
To: Violetta Hernandez
Day: 10 December 2017
Subject: FF Details
Time: 05:00
Attachment: Violetta Hernandez You Are...

There's your personal invitation. It includes all the details about the upcoming tea party that will be held at the Frazier Mansion. For God's sake don't be late alright?

Don't screw this up, this is a great way for you to really get out there and well do what rich women do. (Rich men become alcoholics and drug addicts)

Diego Hernandez
CEO of GD Enterprises

I smile before clicking on the attachment. The invitation had an elegant design, everything just looked expensive.

I should have felt privileged (like Diego practically instructed me to) but instead I just felt nervous. The people he mentioned were wealthy, influential and the women were known for being as snobbish as they were caring.

It was weird how people whom the public loved for their generosity towards the less fortunate could be so rude at the same time. You didn't know whether to admire them or hate them.

They took pride in that.

Except Emily Sands, she was the most timid in the group and was known for her warm smile. Hopefully she'll show that same kindness towards me at the tea party.

High tea party. I could imagine all the delicacies already.

I scan the invite and find the date. My hand freezes.

It is today?

I frantically look at the time at the bottom left corner of my screen and breathe in relief. I still had a few hours until it began. Enough time to properly present myself in front of such high class women? Probably not.

From: Violetta Hernandez
To: Diego Hernandez
Date: 10 December 2017
Subject: I HATE YOU
Time: 10:12

How can you only send this to me today? I could have been late right after you telling me to not be late! Honestly Diego!

Sincerely,
Violetta H
Your angry wife.

I hurry into the shower. After a quick but thorough shower I wrap my wet hair into a towel and another around my body. I open my closet doors and stare at the clothes. Everything was expensive and beautiful but nothing looked Frazier-Foundation-worthy.

I eventually decide on a cream skirt, light pink button up shirt and and a cream blazer. I grab some heels and move to my dressing table. I empty my make-up bag into the table. Everything was still fairly unused considering I never used make-up that much. I spent most of my time in this penthouse with Diego. Who was I trying to impress?

I first apply concealer and then lightly brush a neutral blush on my cheeks. I apply lipgloss and finish with mascara. I pull my hair into a neat bun, pinning short strands down. I smile in the mirror and instantly frown.

Did I try too hard? Will they notice?

I shrug the thought away as I grab my clutch. I put makeup essentials inside along with my purse. I take my phone and call Greg. I had half an hour to get there, thank goodness the mansion was a fifteen minute drive.

Greg arrived in five minutes, perhaps he was already on his way or he was around the corner but regardless I was grateful. I grab a muffin on my way out. I was starving at the muffin definitely wouldn't suffice but I just hoped the tea party would have enough food.

"Good Afternoon Mrs–"

"Violetta," I correct him with a wink and he laughs.

"Of course, Violetta," He says.

I straighten my skirt and stare at my muffin hungrily. Was it rude to eat in the car?

"Greg can I eat?" I ask.

"Of course, this is Mr Hernandez's car," He says, looking at me through the rearview mirror. I lick my lips before biting into it.

God I was hungry.

The muffin quelled my hunger, but I knew it wouldn't last a long time. We arrive at the mansion sooner than expected. After thanking Greg I stand outside admiring the house. The architecture was beautiful, everything just fit together perfectly.

I glanced at my outfit. I suddenly felt underdressed. I go to the door and press the doorbell, instantly mentally apologising to it not feeling worthy enough to touch it. I always thought my parents were wealthy, and they are, but people like the Fraziers made it seem like they were peasants.

The door opens and a short girl with cropped black hair stands there. She gives me a nervous smile.

"The tea is in the dining room Mrs Hernandez," She tells me.

"Where is the dining room?" I ask sheepishly. I expect her to laugh but instead she pales.

"I am so sorry! I thought you knew! Please forgive my lack of knowledge," She implores.

"Of course! Don't worry! It was nothing," I assure her feeling guilty.

She steps to the side to let me in and then slides in front of me after closing the door. The dining room looked as expected. The room had marble tiles that shone, the chandeliers lit up the room, the table was long and was lined with pastries and cakes, honestly everything.

"Violetta!" Julia jumps up from her seat and then in unison the rest of the women stand up.

"What an honour is to have you here," She says ushering me over.

"The pleasure is all mine," I say politely. As I near the table I realise that the warm smile never reached her eyes. In fact her eyes held what seemed like contempt.

"We are excited to have such a young, beautiful woman on the team," She says.

Yep, definitely fake.

"So very excited," Donna chimes in.

I glance around the table and notice the same look in all of their eyes, except for Emily, she held pity in hers.

This should be fun.

The Tea Party will officially happen in the next chapter! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and the little taste of the rich, snobbish women. Let's just say, they think Violetta isn't the right fit.

I hope you liked the Dieletta in the beginning! Just to clarify, Lara doesn't mean much to him anymore. That was old news!

Thanks for reading 🙈 Sorry for any errors 💚

~Lexy 😈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 88 15
" I found a guy, told me I was a star He held the door, held my hand in the dark And there's one more boy, he's from my past We fell in love, but it...
79.8K 1.1K 21
TRIGGER WARNINGS : Cnc, violence, substance abuse, there are scenes of r*pe and degradation. Please read at your own risk. ENJOY! After her parent's...
15.3K 277 18
"When life seems too great, there's always something dark hiding in the shadows. Even the most joyful person can be hiding the their darkest thoughts...
3.4K 150 24
Violet Ferrari is at breaking point. Moving out of home was supposed to fix her problems, not exacerbate them. All the shit she tried to escape, came...