The McGarrett Sister

Por madisonalea

"Tragedy is something that will take its toll on everyone sometime in their life. For some, it happens sooner... Más

prologue: begining
prologue: middle
prologue: end
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five

nineteen

2K 35 0
Por madisonalea

Recap:
"Want to watch a movie?" I nod my head in his direction before running to the couch and grabbing the blanket that was thrown over the back of it. He chuckles. "Comfy?"

"Very. Would you like to join me? This blanket is big enough for 12 people." He rolls his eyes at my over-exaggeration.

"Yeah. Let me go change my clothes first. You go ahead and pick out a movie." I smile mischievously and walk toward the shelf he had in the corner of the room. "No thrillers!" He shouts from his room.

"You're no fun!" I grumble loud enough for him to be able to hear. He doesn't respond so I continue to look.

Around two minutes later, I had found the right movie. I was in the middle of pressing the play button when Danny walked in.

"Which movie?" I smiled and walked back to the couch, cuddling up with the blankets before patting the space next to me, gesturing for Danny to have a seat.

"This movie." I said.

"That's my favorite kind." He said sarcastically. I chuckled and patted the space next to me once again.

"Why don't you come watch, and you will find out." He nods.

"Fine. Pizza?" I look up from the previews.

"Huh?"

"Would you like pizza?" I shrug but then nod my head.

"No pineapple please." He smiled.

"Finally someone who understands the art of pizza! You can't just throw on some pineapple because it's your native fruit or whatever yo-" I cut him off briskly.

"I just don't like the taste." He shrugs with a smile on his face.

"I'll take it." He walks into the other room to order it, returning a few minutes later. "It'll be 25 minutes." I nodded just as the last preview concluded and the play screen came on.

I squealed quietly and then pressed play as Danny turned to look at me.

"White House Down? That's original." I chuckled.

"It's a good movie. And you're the one who had it in their collection." He scoffed and faces the screen. "Plus, Channing Tatum looks hot in it." He chuckles at me before pulling the blanket over himself as well.

The pizza arrives within 20 minutes. And when Danny brought it back from the door, I could not believe how hungry I was. Luckily, Danny got two pizzas. He walked into the kitchen and came back out with a coconut water and a regular water.

He hands me the coconut water and then sets his next to his seat. I place mine on the ground beside the couch and picked up one of the boxes from the coffee table.

I situate myself so that my legs were draped over Danny's. He was facing the TV while I was facing a wall. I opened the box, immediately the intoxicating smell of pizza wafted over me.

I grabbed a piece and started to devour it, probably looking rabid, but I was enjoying myself nevertheless.

Danny chuckles, but I turn my head back to the TV and press play. The beginning scenes play on the screen as Danny reaches for the box of pizza.

We finish eating around 30 minutes into the movie. I set the empty box on the coffee table and lean against the arm of the couch while slinging my legs back on top of Danny's.

I can't remember when it was exactly, but I fell asleep soon after.
-------------------

Tuesday

I believe it was the birds chirping the next morning, or maybe it was the smell of bacon sizzling in the kitchen. All I know is that I was awake.

I make my way into the kitchen, my hunger growing as the smell overcame my senses.

I walk through the doorway to see Danny at the stove. There was a package of raw bacon on the counter closest to me, along with what looked like some pancake mix.

I lean against the door frame and watch him for a moment. Wondering how on earth I could be so lucky as to have a friend like him.

He noticed me after he turned to grab the plate he had sat aside for the cooked bacon. I smiled in his direction as he almost dropped the plate.

"My God! Why can't you just knock? I was just minding my own business, and someone is creeping on me in the corner..." He mumbles a few more words under his breath before he gestures me to the plate. "Would you like some?" I chuckled and grabbed a few pieces before hoisting myself up onto the counter on the other side.

"Good morning to you too, Daniel." He smiles down at the skillet and then turns back to me.

"Blueberries on your pancakes?" I smiled and nodded.

"That's the best way." He chuckles and pulls them from the refrigerator.

We finish breakfast and migrate to the living room. We had coffee and watched the TV for almost 3 hours. I had gotten up to clean the coffee pot just as my phone began to ring. I walk back into the living room to grab my phone before it stopped ringing.

"Hello?"

"Emily. We have a case. Be here in an hour."

"Good day to you too, Steven." He hung up before I could say anything else. "That's why you and Steven get along! You both like to bitch in the morning."

He chuckles from the kitchen, but before he could respond, his phone rang next to me. I grabbed it and walked it to Danny in the kitchen.

"Steven. How are you this morning?" Danny smiles as he pulls the phone away from his ear slightly. He hangs up around two minutes later before turning to me. "Maybe he didn't get any last night after all?" I chuckle before grimacing slightly.

"I'm taking a shower in yours!" I yell as I run to his room. His chuckles could be heard from behind me.

I had gotten out of the shower in record time, walking out in a towel, which didn't seem to bother Danny at all.

"Shower is free!" I yell only to realize he was in his room. I smile before walking into the living room, grabbing my duffle, and going into Grace's room to change.

It was around 4:30 in the afternoon already, so I hope Danny finishes soon. We will have to leave within the next 10 minutes.

I throw on an army green button up, dark jeans, and simple, short brown boots.

I keep my ring on, and clasp a small necklace Jill had given me while I was in LA. I towel dried most of my hair, hoping it would dry before we got to the crime scene.

I walked out of Grace's room and quickly brushed over a light amount of makeup before shouting at Danny.

"Are you ready?" He walks out dressed and hair slicked back. He nods and we make our way to the car. I throw my things in the back before turning to Danny.

"I had Steven send me the address, so I know where we're going." He said. I nodded before situating myself and then buckling my seatbelt.

"You cook pretty well, Daniel." He smiled.

"Thanks." I smiled and turned up the radio before quickly changing it to whatever it was playing music.

I went to change it once more, but discovered there was no use as we pulled into our crime scene, a large police perimeter and tape stretched across a large open area.

Danny parked and then we got out, making small conversation as we made our way to our team.

Steve was the first to notice us when we ducked under the tape. "Finally!" But I ignored him and turned to Chin.

"What do we got?" He smiles lightly and turns to look at the sheet on the ground.

"A Naval Officer was shot dead around 20 hours ago. According to the plane ticket in his back pocket, he was about to fly back to DC."

I pull back the crisp white sheet covering his face before closing my eyes in sad recognition. They wouldn't have known he was a Naval Officer if it weren't for the uniform he wore. Nothing on it out of place on it except the bullet hole and blood seeping through it.

"This is Petty Officer Jacob Reed. He was stationed in DC for a few months before he was shipped out here. He was supposed to be back in DC tomorrow for a briefing on a top level assignment. Damn. He was a good kid." I stepped back to look at the team. They were all staring at me in confusion.

"How do you know that much about him?" I sighed as I turned to answer Steve.

"I was the one who chose him for the assignment." Steve looked shocked and confused. While looking around at the others, they mirrored his expression.

"What the hell do you mean by that?" I sighed.

"I'll tell you when we get to the palace." He nodded and continued searching the crime scene while I grabbed the camera and began snapping photos.

"So why didn't you come home last night?" Steven asks.

I snap another photograph as I speak to him,"I stayed at Danny's."

"What?" I remove the camera from my line of sight, and turned to Steve while noticing he was looking at Danny, who was frantically trying to explain.

"We slept together." I watch as Steven's face gets red with anger while Danny realizes his mistake.

But before Danny could say something else, Steve turns to me and gives me a 'well' look.

"I slept on one end of the couch, and he slept on the other. I was just going to get a hotel for the night. But Danny offered, I said yes. We ordered pizza." I added.

"Why were you going to get a hotel room?" Kono asks.

"Because if I didn't," I look in Steven's direction. "I would have heard him and Cath going at it all night. Don't you see the bags under his eyes?" He scoffs at me before he turns back to the body while rubbing under his eyes.

We arrive at the palace an hour later. I immediately walk into my office and pull out my phone. It rings twice before someone answers.

"Hello?"

"Leon. It's McGarrett. We have a problem."

"Emily. It's nice to speak with you again, but it's almost 10:30. What is the problem?" I smile before remembering why I even called.

"Jacob Reed. He's dead."

"He's on a plane back to D.C."

"I just found his body in Honolulu."

"What are you doing there?"

"Stop with the questions, Leon. This could mean a compromise in the op."

"How did you know about the body?"

"I'm on my brother's task force in Hawaii. I thought you kept tabs on me."

"Not lately." I chuckled.

"Figures." I remark.

"Send the body to Ducky. How quickly can you get to DC?" I pull up my laptop and search for flights.

"10 hours." I could hear him click his tongue.

"Get the next available flight and be here as quickly as you can."

"Yes sir." I quickly book the flight that was leaving in two hours. Then I gather up everything in my office I needed to take, my phone and wallet, and walk out of my office and to where they were all surrounding the computer tabletop.

They all look at me expectantly. "This case is no longer ours." They all look confused. "It's mine. And I'm taking it to D.C."

"You are not taking this case anywhere, Emily. This is ours, and we are going to solve it." I got closer to Steven, becoming just as intimidating as he was.

"This case could break national security, puts thousands at risk, and not to mention SEC NAV." His eyes widen slightly with interest and confusion. "Alongside the Navy, I worked with NCIS. I went on a few ops, it was easy because no one knew my face. But that doesn't matter, I have to go." I grab the keys to Danny's car he still had in his hand, and walk towards the glass doors.

"Hey! I need those."

"Well come on! I need to get my bags from the back." I hear the door being opened behind me as I pull out my phone to order a service on the way down.

I wave to Joe as I leave the building, hurrying to Danny's car and then grabbing my things while handing the keys back to Danny.

"Why are you leaving? You realize you just got here, right?" I chuckle.

"Yeah. But I have to solve this case. Plus, I've missed my guys in suits." He smiles.

"Just be safe." I nod and walk to the taxi, which had just pulled up next to us.

"Bye Danny. I hope the others understand." He chuckles.

"None of us really understand." I smile and get into the taxi. I tell him the address for my house before waving at Danny.

We make it to the house quicker than I thought. "I'll be back out in 10 minutes." He lets out a grunt, but nods.

I quickly grab my bags and run inside, changing out my clothes in the duffle bag and throwing the rest in the hamper, hoping to do them when I get back. I walk out of my room, only to bump into Catherine.

"Emily?" I give her a quick hug before running down the stairs.

"I have to go. I'm sorry Cath! Steven will explain." She nods as she watches me get into the taxi. "Honolulu International." The driver speeds away before I could even finish closing the door.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

7.7K 185 27
This story is a sequel to the first book "REAL LIFE" if you haven't read it yet, go and enjoy :)
11.2K 177 10
Steve McGarrett gets kidnapped. Five-0 team starts investigating the case. Due to the fact that the team has difficulties in solving the case, the NC...
254 3 5
John McGarrett gets remarried to a Hawaiian native, and ends up having kids with her, twins, 8 years old. Luke and Leah McGarrett. One day John and h...
69.4K 1.5K 33
After years of ups and down, Ryan William is left all alone even though he's surround by a lot of people. Choosing his love over the girl everyone th...