twenty-two

Recap:
"He's in DC. He came in yesterday morning on a private plane owned by Banks. He is looking for some woman, her name is McGarrett. They said she is trying too hard to find them. He is driving a black rental van with the plate numbers 727-896." I nod my head and get up from my seat. "Where is my family? You can't hurt them, I gave you what you wanted."

"They are being moved here as we speak, then you will move to Washington state. Far away from Banks and Collins' connections." He looks really confused before I walk out of the room, nodding to the same officer that was standing outside the door.

"That was interesting." I turn my head and come almost face to face with DiNozzo.

"That?" I point to the door.

"Yeah. You're really good at 'negotiating'." I smile.

"He just needed a little bit of a push."

"And the Witness Protection?"

"For good measure. After all, I wasn't the nicest to him to begin with." He chuckles.

We make our way back to the desks but before I sit down, I look at everyone, including Gibbs.

"So Collins is in DC, driving a black rental van with the plate number 727-896." I say in the direction of McGee. "Also, he is looking for me." They all stop what they're doing and look up, shocked. DiNozzo looked up as well, but wasn't shocked.

"What?" Gibbs looked confused.

"Collins is in DC to kill me. I got too close." They all nod before I say something else. "I am volunteering as bait. No. I'm going to do it." I say firmly, noticing Gibbs open his mouth to oppose.

"I'm calling Fornell." I smile.

"Ah, I miss him, what's he up to?"

"Coming to supervise you." I open my mouth to object, but close it quickly after.

"That's fair."

"SEC NAV is in MTAC. She's looking for you and DiNozzo." Gibbs and I both look to McGee with a confused expression. "Emily." He clarified.

I nod and begin the journey upstairs, Tony catching up with me as I jog up the first set of stairs.

"What did you do this time, DiNozzo?" He scoffs.

"Nothing... that I'm aware of." He says as an after thought.

I chuckle as we reach the eye scanner, quickly leaning down, I see the red light scan before the door opens.

"You're in the system?"

"Yeah." He looked a bit shocked.

"Why?" I took my phone from my pocket as well as the multiple guns and knifes I had hidden in my outfit. "I think you have more knives than Ziva." I chuckle.

"When I was here on assignment, they put me in the system for easier access." He nods his head while I ignore his previous statement.

We walk in noticing Leon, SEC NAV, and Fornell were already standing in the middle, talking. They stop once they spot us making our way to them. Tobias smiles at me.