homophobic • gxg [✔]

By pimpdaddykei

Janelle, a 16 year old student comes out as gay to her family, and to herself. Feeling as though her sexualit... More

disclaimer(s)
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
epilogue

twenty two

145 9 11
By pimpdaddykei

twenty two

Wednesday wasn't as shitty as Tuesday. In fact, I felt a lot better, now that I knew my friends were there for me.

I guess Tuesday was a lot worse because I had no one to cling on to throughout the day, especially since Pillar was a freshman. But now my old group was back, and I was glad about that.

I woke up to a text from Jade, which stated;

♡ Jade
Good morning, Janelle. See you at school, and I hope you know that you're beautiful and amazing <3

Her message really warmed my heart. It was nice knowing she was doing so much to make sure I felt better about myself.

Me
thank you bbg 💕 I'll see you soon :))

I

shut off my phone, and get ready for the day. My shower was really refreshing, I felt as if the day was going to be great.

I went down the hallway to the kitchen, to see Eva sitting on the island, with a smile on her face.

"Good morning," I say, walking to the already brewing coffee maker.

"Mornin', Janelle. Are you feeling better?" She asks, looking down at her feet.

I nod and sigh lightly. "Yeah, I feel great actually. That little meeting in my room really helped. Thanks, for helping out by the way."

Eva shrugs carelessly, "No problem. I hate seeing you in a state of depression like that."

"Well, I really appreciate your help. I'm so relieved to be out of there." I say, referring to conversion therapy.

"Why did you stay anyway?" Eva asks, hopping off the island, "If they were treating you so awfully, why did you stay?"

That was a good question, that I had a really unreasonable answer to. "To prove a point," I admit, "I know, so stupid."

Eva nods slowly. "Well, at least you're out of there. Come on, let's get going. We can go get breakfast at Tim Hortons."

"Okay," I say, putting my mug in the sink and grabbing Eva's car keys, "We're taking yours today"

"Fair enough," Eva accepts, walking behind me to the driveway.

We get in the car, and I immediately fish through her stack of CDs to find a FOB album, but sadly Eva is too basic and only listens to XXXTentencion.

"Ugh," I groan, throwing my head back. "Seriously? Just a bunch of talentless rappers? How the fuck does that even sound good to you?"

Eva shrugs, pulling out of the driveway, "He sounds not that bad."

I roll my eyes, "You don't know what real music is!"

"Here, listen to this song," She chuckles, putting on "Look At Me".

"I'm like bitch who is your mans? Aye! Can't keep my dick in my pants. Aye! My bitch don't love me no more, aye! She kick me out I'm like 'vro'"- Eva sings along to the earsplitting music, and I shake my head vigorously, turning her radio off.

"Hey!" Eva whines, frowning, "I was listening to that!"

"I'm aware," I look at her, "But my ears hurt."

Eva huffs, "Fine. Whatever, what do you wanna listen to?"

I grab the AUX cord, and put on Rat-a-Tat. Eva groans as her hears the instrumental, and I clap my hands and smile.

"Nooo, turn this bullshit off!" Eva demands, but I ignore her and continue singing along.

"Are you ready for another bad poem? One more offkey anthem! Let your teeth sink in-" I sing along with Patrick.

"You lost me at the first lyric, turn this emo shit off, Janelle!" Eva yells, and I close my ears, turning it up louder.

"I kept wishing she had blonde ambition, and she'd let it go to my head! Rat a Tat, Rat a Tat Tat Tat hey!" I happily sing along, as Eva sighs, giving in.

"As long as you're happy, keep singing," She yells over the music, and I smile thankfully at her.

"Rat a Tat, Rat a Tat Tat Tat hey!"

••••••••••

The rest of the ride was a living hell for Eva, but I was feeling even better after my Fall Out Boy marathon. It was so nice singing along to Patrick, the cold winter air blowing in your face.

"C'mon, Janelle, no more singing," Eva pleaded as I got out of the car, singing Thanks for the Memories.

I sigh, and stop my singing. "You don't know what real music is!"

"Oh, and you do?" Eva raised her eyebrows, opening the Café door for us.

"Actually yes, so shut the fuck up." I command playfully, and we both chuckle.

"Wow," Eva widens her eyes at the scenery, "Tim Hortons has gotten really fuckin' nice! I haven't been here with my friends since sophomore year."

I nod in agreement, "Yeah it does. It really does."

"Hmmm," Eva searched for an empty table, "That one looks empty. I'll save you a seat, can you order?"

"Yeah, sure," I nod, "What do you want?"

"Just a cream coffee and a glazed donut." Eva informed me, and walked over to the table she seen.

"Okay," I say, making my way to the short line. Thank god everyone liked going to Starbucks, Tim Hortons was always less crowded in the mornings.

"Welcome to Tim Hortons, how may I help you?" The counter worker asked me with a smile.

"One cream coffee, a glazed donut, one strawberry donut with sprinkles and a mocha please," I inform the worker, and they nod.

"Coming right up. You can wait right," They point to the space outside of the poles, "There. What's your name?"

"Janelle for the mocha, and Eva for the coffee." I say, watching them write our names down on the cups. Hopefully they weren't as illiterate as the workers at Starbucks, who spelt my name like 'Jahnell'.

"Alright, your order will be ready soon." They inform, walking into the kitchen.

I stand there, waiting for the food when I feel a tap on my shoulder.

"Hey, Janelle. Didn't expect to see you here." Jade says, smiling.

"Ohh, hey Jade! Yeah, I'm here with Eva." I explain.

"Oh, I came because I was too lazy to fix any breakfast." Jade says, giggling.

"Well, wanna sit with us?" I offer, "Did you already order?"

"Yeah, I did, thanks!" Jade smiles, showing her sparkly white teeth. I stood there, gazing dreamily at her beautiful smile. She had that type of smile and aura that you could immediately fall in love with.

"What?" She asked, breaking my trance.

"Just remembering the reasons as to why I like you so much." Is all I say, smiling.

"You're so fucking cute, Janelle. Don't make me kiss you right in the middle of a Café." Jade threatened, gazing at my eyes and then my lips.

Her playful threat made me blush like a maniac. My heart fluttered and I could feel my face burning up at that very moment. I found myself glancing at her lips, and taking a few inches closer to her face.

"Jade!" Yelled the counter worker that had taken Jade's order. Jade quickly shoots her head up, and I stand there with disappointment.

"I'll be right back," She says, as the worker calls my name, and we both walk to the line.

I look at the cashier with pure annoyance, and I grab the white Tim Hortons bag. I throw a $10 bill on the counter, and quickly walk to the table wit&#0;h Jade.

"What a fucking prick." I mutter under my breath.

"You say something?" Jade asks, looking down at me.

"No," I quickly shake my head, "Just was clearing my throat." she nods and we greet Eva at the booth.

"Hi, Jade!" Eva smiles, "How's it going?"

"Great, I'm eating here with two of my favorite people!" She smiles back.

Eva chuckles, as she reaches for her donut and coffee. "Thank you, and I'm sure Janelle appreciates your flirting."

I shake my head at Eva, and look down at my breakfast, blushing like a fool again. "Shut up, Eva."

"Alright, I'll stop being honest." Eva shoots her hands up in defense, and I give her a look that screams "Can you please stop?".

"Aw, Janelle is blushing." Eva points out, smirking mischievousally, and looks at Jade, "You have a very big effect on her."

I slam my head down on the table, as Eva chuckles. She was worse than mom when it came to dating!

"Okay, I'll stop," Eva says between laughs, "You two can stop blushing now."

I shoot my head up, and look at Jade, who was also red as a tomato. We both smile at each other, and I sigh in relief that Eva hadn't scared her off.

"Cut the cute shit, I'm trying to eat."

--------

"So, you're saying that Eva had told Jade that she had a big effect on you and that made both of you blush?" Nick restated, as we chew on our food at lunch.

"Yeah," I swallow a fry and nod, "That's exactly what I'm saying."

"I totally ship it." Grace comments, smiling.

"I don't know, what about Kate?" I ask, grinding my teeth together.

"Kate is straight, and is her best friend. I'd never see them as a couple," Alyssa assures me, which calms me down a little.

"Alright.." I think of something else to add, "I wanna ask her out, but I'm too nervous!"

"Just make it short and sweet." Grace suggests.

"Oh, and don't seem too cocky! Give her time to think of an answer." Nick adds.

"Love is in season, it shouldn't be that hard." Alyssa says, patting my shoulder.

A smile crept onto my face as I heard the word, 'love'. That reminded me, Valentine's Day was in a week! I looked around the cafeteria to see several Valentine's Day posters hung. Wow, was I that oblivious to my surroundings?

"You gave me a great idea, Alyssa! Thank you!" I wrap my arms around her, pulling her into a hug.

"T-thank you." Alyssa gasps for air as I squeeze her tighter. "L-let me go please."

I let go of her, only for her to pull me into a very tight hug. It stays like this for a few minutes, and I could hardly breathe.

"When are you gonna let me...go?" I ask, scrunching my face up with pain.

"The day McLennon becomes real again." Alyssa states, calmly, as Nick and Grace laugh their asses off.

"So.... never?" I frown.

"Exactly." She smiles, hugging me tighter.

----------

a/n: smth to post

Word Count: 1757

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 6.9K 28
When Milo returns home from college for winter break, he's surprised to discover that his brother brought more than luggage and dirty laundry. Milo i...
107K 4.7K 34
Only a few months after his dad's death, Daniel decides to leave his hometown to study in an art school at countryside. New ambience would surely hel...
10.4M 378K 41
Quiet and anxious, Myles is a bundle of nerves entering his sophomore year of high school after being homeschooled for years. With his supportive, ol...
147 0 12
Marcelina levy is a normal seventeen year old girl who's just trying to get through high school... except she's gay and has a raging crush on cool gi...