Mine // Carl Gallagher

By dun-with-life

Sophia Carter is a 16 year old girl who just moved to the South Side of Chicago. She's a teenager who really... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Authors Note
Chapter 25!!
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
COPYCAT???
copycat pt2
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
* side note!
new book?
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
100K READS!!!
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
YIKES
Chapter 39
HOLY FCKING SHIT
Chapter 40
Chapter 41

Chapter 32

4.9K 61 13
By dun-with-life

A/N: Hopefully this chapter will be better than the last one? I'm a bit rusty since I really haven't written or gone over this book in so long. Again, heads up that there's a chance that some stuff might change or be different cus I'll probably end up forgetting some stuff about this story like certain character names or somethin. Also imma start writing in italics cus personally I think it looks better & cleaner. Tysm for reading & I love reading your comments!! <3

      Sophia decided to take a nap after the doctor had left to get some rest while she iced her body. Carl stayed downstairs with the rest of the Gallaghers to let her sleep so that he wouldn't have to have the inevitable conversation about covering up Byron's death. It actually, somewhat, made Carl a little sad that Byron, a loyal man who worked hard for him for a long time (even though he was a fuck up), was so alone that no one except for Sophia, Melissa Carter, and him knew that he was even dead. Byron was just that small of a person in this big wide world. No one had ever checked in on him or even realized that he had been gone for days now. Byron reminded him of Frank. Carl sat on the old couch with his head in his hands, just mumbling to himself, "You fucked up, Carl. You're in deep shit now you idiot. What have you done." He knew that though Sophia wasn't even upset at all about the death of her own father nor the coming up arrest of her own mother, he was still full of so much guilt that kept him up at night. Carl was so angry + upset with himself that for the first time in years, he actually got down on his knees and prayed to God for forgiveness and that for all of this to blow over soon. He wanted nothing more than to take back that day under the bridge.

       After Carl finished saying his prayers and taking responsibility for what he had done, he got up and sat back down on the couch to continue watching some episode of "it's always sunny in philadelphia". Sure, he obviously acted tough and heartless (which he could definitely be sometimes), but he couldn't cope with the fact that he had actually taken someone's life. Especially the father of the girl he loved. He wasn't even really watching the show, but more so zoning out into space, until Fiona plopped down beside him on the sofa. "Hey kiddo, what was that all about...? I haven't seen you pray in about 9 years. Hell, I didn't even know you still believed in God." Carl sighed and slowly shook his head, "I didn't know that either. But I do. I just- with everything that's happenin right now with Sophia's condition, her mom, our fight, everything... I just needed to get some stuff off my chest I guess. Honestly, Fiona, I feel so fucking guilty. If we never got into that fight the other night, she never would have left and gone back to that house. I should've gone after her right away, not wait two hours and then go out looking. Then she never would've been beaten up and then we wouldn't need both a cop and a doctor to come over. She's in a lot of physical pain right now. It all just sucks."

      Fiona gave him a sad smile and rested her arm around his shoulder, "I get it, bud. I really do. It'll get easier... it has to. Sophia will be okay, just give her time to heal. Bruises are temporary. And as for Melissa, she'll be locked up for what she did to her and for how she's treated that girl all these years. So don't worry about it, this will all be taken care of." Carl sighed deeply and threw his head back, rubbing his eyes out of exhaustion. He then got up and gave Fiona a nod, "Alright." Then he turned around and went upstairs to check up on Sophia. Besides, it was time for her to take her new medication that the doctor had just given her.

       He knocked on the bedroom door gently a couple times and there was no response, so he carefully let himself in. She was still safe + sound in their bed, in a deep sleep. Carl walked over to the bed and woke her up with soft kisses all across her face as he rested his warm hand on her cold, bruised leg. The whole situation seemed a little too cliché for him, like he's seen several scenes exactly like this moment in one too many lovey dovey movies. But, he loved her. He really, truly loved her. He realized this months ago, but he really just took in the feeling as he watched her slowly wake up, with the sunset shine glowing upon her bronzed and bloody skin. Well, she wasn't still bleeding, but there was still some dry blood near her hairline and across her top lip. She began to mumble and open her eyes, then she turned over to see him sitting on the bed next to her.

       Sophia sat up and shrugged, "How long was I napping? I really didn't mean to fall asleep, it just kind of happened." He smiled, "Not too long. Maybe an hour or a little less? Please tell me you're feeling any better." She nodded and gave him a smile, "Kinda! It's barely noticeable, but that nap with ice packs helped my muscles relax a bit I think." Carl returned a very weak smile, his eyes not meeting hers. Sophia's face dropped when she saw the unintentional look on his sunken face,
"Carl, you know that none of this is your fault, right? My mom has always treated me like this. All my life she would degrade, beat, and neglect me. I've just had enough this time, though. I'm sick of it and I know I did the right thing to finally get some justice. I hope she spends just as many years in jail as years of happiness she took away from me. As many years behind bars as years I had to go without a stable, pure, + decent childhood. You've done nothing wrong. I'm not upset about Melissa, Byron, nothing. I'm going to be okay and so will you." With that, Sophia held his face with her two hands and wiped away the single tear that had streamed down his cheek a while ago.

      Carl then looked into her dark eyes and it was silent. Sophia waited for some kind of response, and that response was him smashing his lips into hers so suddenly. She was taken by surprise, but after a couple seconds she responded and kissed him back. He rested one hand on her lower back and the other on her stomach, slowly pushing her back down on the bed. It was a little rough and aggressive, but there was so much love + passion there. This wasn't coming from lust at all. She was laid completely down on her back and he was on top, holding himself up with one hand and his other holding her broken face. He pulled his lips away from hers so that they could get some breath, and he continued to go down at her neck and collarbone. Sophia was breathing heavily from the unexpected tension, nothing had ever happened like this before. Her eyes were closed and her hands were clenching onto the back of his shirt. She began to suddenly laugh out loud at how ticklish she was around her neck, startling him and causing him to jump back a bit.

        Carl laughed a genuine laugh for the first time in a couple days, making Sophia's whole year. The moment had quickly started and quickly ended, interrupted by the two of them just laughing at how awkward that just was. Carl finally caught his breath as he held his stomach and flashed his white smile, "Oh my fuck I had no idea you were that ticklish! Sheesh woman, great way to spoil what we had goin on there." He was obviously joking, it was nice & romantic while it lasted, but it was also super funny. Sophia said sarcastically, "Yikesss... sorry?" Then she sat back up and crawled over to where he was on the large bed, then rested her head on his lap. They had both calmed down and he was playing with her hair as she stared across at the wall. The two were both still a little turned on and wanted to continue the make out shesh, but they knew it probably wasn't exactly a great time to get hot & heavy since Fiona had just announced that dinner was done. Besides, why get hot n heavy in bed when you can enjoy some hot n heavy deep dish Chicago pizza?

(lo siento for the bad pizza joke)

        They groaned and got up to go down to the dinner table. Everyone was already eating their pizza, not even waiting for Carl & Sophia. The two sat down next to each other and started eating in peace. Ian then blurted out of nowhere, "I'm moving out." Fiona spit out her chewed up pizza & Lip choked on his soda immediately. Debbie sucked in a huge gasp and shouted, "What the hell Ian?!" Carl and Sophia's eyes were practically popping out of their heads as they sat there in silence, not really knowing what the fuck just happened. Ian nodded and continued to avoid eye contact with the others, "Yeah.. Mickey just bought a new place. Just for us. Apparently he's been saving up for this apartment for over a year now. Then this morning, he invited me over to the new address and told me it was our's. I didn't even know he was thinking about moving in together, but it's not like I could say no to him. He said he's been working two jobs for this place. For me. So yeah, we've been texting all day long and I guess I'll be moved out by tomorrow night."

      Fiona was in total shock and didn't really  know what to say. She wanted to be supportive, but she didn't exactly like the idea of this. She spoke up, "Ian... that's nice and all but, you're not even 18 yet. Can't you wait a few more months until you're actually an adult? I don't know if I'm comfortable with this. You haven't even discussed this with me and this kind of thing is a big deal!" Ian rolled his eyes and leaned back in his chair with his arms crossed, "Come on, Fiona. You know damn well I'm mature enough to move out. I mean, I've been paying our water & gas bill for two years! I think I can handle paying a couple hundred bucks a month. Mickey has a job, I have a job, it'll be fine. Plus, I really do love him."

         Pretty much everyone was convinced now. Lip said, "Fiona... come on. I think we should let the guy go do what he wants to do. You trust him, don't ya?" Fiona nodded her head slowly. She really, truly did trust Ian with all her heart. She knew he was capable of providing for himself and being a responsible, grown man. But, she mostly didn't want him to leave because she was worried about his bipolar. She knew he would probably stop taking his medications once he was moved out since he absolutely hated taking them, and she really didn't want to risk watching him go off his rocker like Frank did. But, Fiona knew that Mickey would take good care of Ian and would probably make sure he continued to take his pills. So, she responded, "Okay. Fine. I support you, Ian. I really do and I just want you to be happy. If you really think moving in with Mickey will do that for you, then I've got your back."

      Ian gave her a small smile of appreciation, "Thanks Fiona. It definitely would make me happy. Really happy." Debbie then stood up very suddenly and yelled while clenching her fists, "Ian Gallagher, I fucking hate you!! Everyone always leaves! Frank already left us, and now you. Great. I hope you're sooo fucking happy with Mickey fucking Mouse." She then stomped upstairs and slammed the door to her bedroom. Lip made an awkward whistle sound and whispered to himself, "Well shit."

      Ian groaned out of despair and face palmed, "Well I just fucked up that relationship. Oh God, I feel horrible. But, why doesn't she want me to be happy..?" Fiona then joined, "Don't worry, champ. She'll be fine. I know that Debbie really does want you to be happy and she's probably not even mad at you, I know that she's going through some other things right now with friends and shit. Don't take it too personal." Ian nodded then made eye contact with Carl and Sophia across the dining table, "Carl..? Sophia..? You guys haven't said anything yet...". Carl cleared his throat and sat up straight, "I want you to be happy my dude. Whether that means you become a stripper, a truck driver, a fuckin uh famous gay guy or some shit, you do what you gotta do to be happy with yourself." Sophia nodded in agreement, "Yeah! What Carl said. Minus the stripper part. They don't make as much money as people think they make."

      Ian laughed and the tension was clear, "Alright, Ill remember that. Thanks guys. I promise that this is what I want. Now uh, I'm gonna go upstairs and start packin up a bit. I'll see you guys in the morning. I love you all. A lot." In just a blink of an eye, Ian was gone from the room and was getting ready to leave. Fiona sighed and rested her head on her hand, "Well, I guess I better go upstairs and go take a shower. Take it easy you guys, don't stay up too late." She gave everyone a kiss on the forehead, then she was soon gone as well. Lip took the signal and disappeared into his bedroom, too. Now, it was just Carl and Sophia left at the dinner table.

      Sophia spoke quietly and carefully, "Well... that just happened. I did not see that coming. I didn't know Mickey and Ian were so serious. This kinda sucks. I like Ian, he's like a big brother to me." Carl nodded to comfort her and he put one hand on her thigh, "I know princess. I'll miss him too. But I know he'll be fine off with Mickey and honestly he'll probably come visit us every other fucking day." Sophia smiled, "Yeah.. I bet." No one really wanted Ian to go, especially because it was so sudden and it was all decided in less than 24 hours. But, the Gallaghers were all about doing what made you happy and okay. Carl sighed and then his eyes went wide, "Oh shit! I meant to remind you to take your meds when I woke you up earlier!" Sophia laughed and stroked his hand, "It's fineee I'll go take it right now. Besides, it's only once a day so I'm fine. Lets go upstairs?" Carl nodded and slowly stood up with her, "Yeah."

A/N: THIS SUCKED IM SO SORRY DBKSBXKDKS BUT AT LEAST ITS LONG-ISH BAHAHA I APOLOGIZE YALL IM SO BAD AT DESCRIBING THINGS LMAO IM CRINGING

Also, do you guys think it's wrong for Sophia to not be upset over the death of her dad & the arrest (that'll soon happen) of her mom? Or is she in the right for not exactly missing them or regretting anything after how they treated her all her life. Let me know in the comments pls! :P

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.6M 107K 48
[01/07/2021] - [13/04/2023] "You can't keep going around like a fucking maniac and treating me like shit. That isn't how relationships work," Sophia'...
85.1K 1.7K 81
Good grades, affluence, and opportunities, Sophia Parrish has everything a 17-year old girl could possibly want. That is, until a summer vacation wit...
281K 8.6K 34
"Are you Gabriel Trudeau?" she said, studying my face. "It's just Gabe." I corrected her. "And you are?" "I'm Aiden, I'm your tutor." "Things just go...
16.7K 224 11
Carl got into some trouble and he's running away from someone but is stoped when he runs into this girl. But when he helps her up she looks behind he...