The Shadowhunters:City Of Chi...

By AestheticAngel2000

Highest Rankings: #2 in Sizzy(11th May 2018) #1 in Jace Lightwood (9th March 2019) What happens when a spell... More

Mistake By Warlock
Clace On A Whole New Level
An Errand
Jealous Magnus
Jace Goes Missing
Three Little Troublemakers
Life's Worse
No Longer Kids
Future Thoughts
Ducks
Thunderstorm
Shopping With Izzy
Pandemonium
Flashback
Hangover
Taki's
The Bet
Disney World
We're Even Now
By The Angel
Not Again
The Park
The Only Way
Decision
Complications
Story Cover
Note
Sizzy Proposal
Malec Proposal
Stunningly Attractive
Clace Wedding
I'm Gonna Be A Daddy
Sizzy Wedding
Lightwood-Bane Family
The Herondale Twins
The Art of Parenting
Training with Jace
The Lovelace Angel
Malec Wedding
Epilogue
Author Note

Clace proposal

1.3K 39 15
By AestheticAngel2000

Clary woke up with the sun hitting her face. She turned to her side to find the love of her life missing. A tread coming down the hallway outside got her alert. Her perfect hearing rune enabled her to distinguish footsteps. She knew who it was before they had even reached for the door handle on the outside. Clary smiled to herself and rolled over; if she was still partly groggy from sleep, it was still a good dream. The handle turned and the door opened soundlessly, the person walking inside the room. Clary sensed, rather than heard the distinguishing footfalls now. She knew they had drawn a silencing rune on themselves. As they drew closer – one step away from her bed - Clary sprang into action; sitting up, grabbing the knife that was on her bedside table and holding it to the intruder, all in one fluid motion. A light chuckle filled the space between Clary and the intruder.

"You're really good at it," Jace muttered as he reached down and touched her face. "not quite the morning wake up call I was hoping to receive..." He kissed her lips lightly, his hands prying the knife from her grasp and setting it down on the table with an audible clunk. Clary smiled against his lips as they broke apart. She pulled him over her until he was lying on the bed next to her. Realising what she wanted, Jace drew her into the circle of his arms – his legs tucking behind hers. They always fit together perfectly. Clary heard Jace sigh in content as the warmth of their joined bodies created a light heat. As always, Clary skin tingled wherever Jace touched her. Even now, the sensations of his touch did things to her body she couldn't always control. They lay together for a few moments. Drinking the scent of each other in. They never grew sick of the other. They were both hooked onto each other like a drug. Jace needed her, Clary needed him.

"I suppose I have to get up now..." Clary murmured softly.

"Mmm..." was all Jace said, as he kissed her cheek. His hand ran down the side of her body, following the curve of her waist. "We have training in forty minutes," he whispered between the kisses he now traced down the side of her jaw.

"Is it just us today? Because I really don't want to move yet." He chuckled, his whole body vibrating softly with the action. "Yes. Its only us. Alec is with Magnus and the kids.(This takes place a few years later after Magnus and Alec adopt Max and Rafael) And Izzy and Simon are busy with the arrangements for their engagement party" he said as he ran his hand along the bare skin at the top of her thigh, his hands heated with longing. "Yes" Clary said letting out a sigh of relief.

After some time "But right now we have to get up" Clary turned her head back and looked into Jace's eyes. She poked out her tongue playfully, before reluctantly peeling herself out of Jace's arms – her favourite sanctuary. She rolled over, flipping her feet off the bed before standing up. She leaned forward, placed a chaste kiss on his lips before walking into the bathroom.
........................................................................

Sweat dribbled down her face and her body felt like it was on fire. It was actually really nice outside, one of those nice early autumn days were it isn't too hot and there's a slight breeze to keep it nice. The leaves were just starting to turn into splashes of cranberries, oranges and golden apples.

Jace and Clary were in combat training, and Clary was just too tried to fight anymore. She just felt like plopping down on the grass right now, curl up in a ball and just pass out right now.

"C'mon Clary! I know you can do better!" Jace said as she tiredly threw a weak punch at him, which he neatly dodged. Not that she expected to hit him anyway. He had a crazy grin on his face, one that he often got when he was excited – probably about beating her – or when he went hunting.

"I'm tired," Clary complained using a snake eye trick on him. She looked at his right shoulder but punched his left arm.

He just merely smiled at her, impossibly still full of energy. "I didn't train you for – how many years? – six something years for no reason! I expect you to do better than this."

"I'm old!" She fake whined to him as she pretended to look hurt.

"You're only twenty-three, what are you talking about?" He asked.

"Well, not all of us can be full of bubbly energy like you," she muttered as Jace clipped her shoulder. "Ow."

"You okay?" Jace asked, suddenly very worried, his hands slightly lowered from his ready to beat her up position.

"Well, kinda…well, enough to do this!" She yelled as she pushed him down.

"Hey!" Jace laughed. She straddled his chest, a red curtain of hair falling forward.

"You were saying?" She asked him, a smile tugging on my lips.

"That you are the best Shadowhunter in the word," Jace responded. She smiled and leaned in to kiss him but Jace added slyly and childishly, "not." She was close enough to feel his breath fan wash over her face, smelling like sunshine and just…sweetness. She pulled back, not really wanting to. She knew that she could stay in the position all day and neither of them would complain.

"Mood killer," she huffed, getting up.

"Aw, come on baby, don't be so mad." Jace said. She still pouted at him, standing a few feet away feet away from him, her arms folded across my chest. "I'm not. Let's do an obstacle race" Clary said and Jace brightened up considerably and literally leaped across the field in his excitement. Clary chuckled. "Fine by me. Do you see a black box on the ledge over there?" He asked and Clary nodded. "Well the first one to make it through the obstacles and grab that box is the winner! Got it?" Jace asked. "Got it. I'm so gonna win this" Clary said confidently. Jace chuckled. "We'll see about that" he said as they got into position. "Ready. GO!" Jace said as they started running. They jumped over the obstacles using their twists and somersaults. On their last obstacle Clary moved faster and grabbed the box before Jace could. "Yes. Yes. I win! I win!" She cheered as Jace came up to her and took the box. At that time Clary leaned down to pick up her discarded seraph blade. "Actually I win" Jace said. Clary turned around to find Jace knelt down on one knee, holding a ring up to her, looking like a model for displaying rings. The ring was beautiful. It was rose and white gold twisted design accented with small diamonds band with a single big diamond in the center.

"Clarissa Fray, the moment from when you stepped into my life, the moment I saw you at pandemonium, my life wasn't about me anymore, it was about you. It was as if I existed only because of you, for you. From that very day, I could never get you out of my mind; it was live you permanently moved there. Clary baby, I love you. And I will love you until I die, and if there's a life after that, I'll love you then. So Clarissa Adele Fray Fairchild Morgenstern will you please do the honor of marrying me?"

Clary was speechless, eventhough she just wanted to scream yes. Jace looked nervous, scratching the back of his neck but his voice rang out clearly and confidently. Tears filled her eyes.

"Oh, Jace, of course yes. Yes yes yes! A thousand times yes!" She cried happily, getting over her shock and throwing her arms around him. He hugged her back, stood up and spun her around in a circle a couple of times.

He set her down, only to pull her up for a kiss. It was sweet, soft, unrushed and filled with the taste of Jace. It filled her up with happiness, and she pressed myself closer to Jace.

Reluctantly, she broke away from Jace, her need for oxygen pulling her away from her soon-to-be husband. Jace slipped the ring on her finger and it just felt right. Like it belonged there.

"Something that I was missing and now that I have it, I'm whole" Claey thought.

Clapping burst around them and Clary was confused.

She twisted her neck, still holding onto Jace and saw familiar faces. Simon, Izzy, Magnus, Alec, Maryse, Robert, Luke and Jocelyn were all there, smiling at her.

"Guys! What are you doing here?" Jace asked shocked.

"Well I could tell something was up when you got all nervous and you never get nervous," Izzy boasted but she was smiling at him.

"And the others?" Jace prompted.

"Of course I told them, silly!" Izzy said.

"As long as you didn't tell Clary," Jace said, plopping a kiss to Clary's forehead.

"Anyways, congrats from all of us!" Izzy cried and everyone joined in the group hug.

Clary looked over to Jace to see him already staring at her "I love you," she whispered softly. Despite the noise with everyone chattering away about possible wedding ideas, she knew that Jace would hear her.

"I love you too," he replied simply, whilst reaching out to hold her hand, losing her small hand in his big one. "I have an idea" Izzy chirped. "Why don't we combine our engagement parties together?" Izzy asked.

"Really?" Clary asked unsure. "I mean it. Simon and I won't mind. Will we babe?" She asked looking at Simon. "Absolutely not" Simon said with a huge smile. "That's sounds great" Clary said as she and Jace nodded. "Then its settled then" Maryse said with a smile.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 291 10
| after seeing the near future the angel, Razel isn't happy with its outcome, hoping that watching the future can right it's wrongs, he casts a spell...
2.6K 229 17
In this fanfiction, Magnus and Alec are going on Vacation to Dubai. While they are not at home, Simon, Isabelle, Maia, Luke, Clary and Jace have to t...
151 34 34
Clary and Jace are engaged and Clary dreams of a new rune. When she draws it, she manages to portal herself and Jace into a possible future, where th...
54.7K 1.9K 29
♡˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ COMPLETED In which the half sister of Magnus Bane is sent to Earth, to create complete chaos OR in which Malia Bane, the warlock raised wit...