After Effects

By tapqueen101

Book Four in Series: (1) Mysterious Miss. F, (2) President of the Sophie Foster Fanclub, (3) Light in Their E... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6 Biana
Chapter 7 Biana
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
READ PLEASE
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Stains
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Snippit #1: Moving in
Snippit #1 Part TWO: MOVING IN
Snippit #2: Graduation
SNIPPIT #2 PART 2:
SNIPITT #3: SWIMMING
SNIPPIT #3 SWIMMING: Part two
SNIPPIT #4: Team
Finished Reading!

Chapter 13

1.9K 64 73
By tapqueen101

Keefe's POV:

(This Chapter will mostly be Keefe and Sophie's Responses to the matchmaking questions. I felt like doing a quizish fill in the blankish thingy. Tomorrow's update will probably be more interesting. However, can we applaud me for the fact that so far I've been mostly updating consistently five times a week? WHAT? I know, thank you thank you! ;) I'll shut up now so you can read...)

What is your favorite color?

________________________

Okay, breath in through your nose, out through your mouth. It's okay, everything's going to be fine. Just choose a color. Any color. 

Nothing.

WHY THIS QUESTION OF ALL QUESTIONS? It causes me internal bleeding. Oh the agony! Why can't they give you options! What if my answer's wrong? What if I fail the matchmaking test?

WHAT IF I GET NO ONE ON MY LIST!

"Keefe, are you okay?" Dex asked.

"What?"

"You've been staring at that question for thirty minutes looking like you're going to vomit." Dex said.

"They just asked me a really hard question..." I trailed off.

"Let me see," Dex said taking the packet out of my hands.

"If you were just going to take it, why did you ask?" I huffed.

"Keefe, they're just asking what your favorite color is," Dex said while flipping through the booklet.

"I know. It's a hard question. What if they all are my favorite? What if I don't have a favorite? What if--"

"Keefe, you're thinking too hard about this. I never thought I'd say that," he mumbled the last part while giving me back the booklet.

"Yeah but what if it's wrong?" I asked.

Dex started laughing, "It can't be wrong. This is about you. Just imagine Sophie or I am asking you the questions."

"But you guys wouldn't ask what my favorite color is!" I said running a hand through my hair.

"Keefe," Dex started.

"What?" I snapped. 

"What's your favorite color?"

"That's easy, bugger green," I shrugged.

Dex gave me a pointed look.

Five minutes later my eyes widened.

"Oh! Oh. OOHHH! I get it! I just write that in the blank. Thanks Dex," I said ruffling his hair. 

Dex let out a squeak, "I just styled that! This is the third time today!" 

"What happened the first time?" I asked with a pointed look.

Dex turned beat red, "Um...a bird may have--"

I cringed.

"Spare me the details!" I demanded.

Dex nodded with a crinkle in his nose. 

Okay, back to the questions.

What's your favorite animal?

_____________

Oh! That's easy, definitely Silveny.

After several easy questions pertaining to what's my favorite _____'s, it started getting more challenging.

Who is your role model/ person you look up to in your life?

_______________________________

I glanced over at Sophie and she looked about almost done. I was half of a quarter into the thing! How'd she do it so fast?

So, who did I look up to in my life?

It wasn't my parents, I can definitely tell you that. I also knew I didn't look up to myself, cause I'm not that great of a person.

I guess, at the end of the day, I want to be like Alvar. Not him with the Neverseen, but him now.

Alvar Vacker as a person now

What do you think is the most important thing in a friendship?

_________

Trust. At the end of the day you have to trust one another.

What makes you happy?

When I can make someone smile when they're having a bad day.

What is the most important thing in a relationship?

Why are these questions so personal? I don't want to answer this!

______________________________________________

And they wanted a RESPONSE? What? I didn't sign up to do WORK!

The most important thing in a relationship is balance. You can't hover over each other all the time. You have to be able to trust each other to do the right thing. Your personalities also have to balance out. For instance if one person is weak when it comes to leadership, the other should be stronger. And vise versa for other traits. That's why I feel balance is the most important thing when it comes to a relationship.

I smiled, feeling happy with my response, and flipped the page. I let out a sound of death as I realized that the rest of the pages were all responses! They expect me to fill this out in three days? What? I'll just save an hour to do it each night.

Who am I kidding? I'm going to knock it out the night before.

Sophie looked up at me, "How far did you get?"

"Um...I just reached a quarter of the way through. You?" I asked nervously.

"I'm halfway through. I'll probably do the rest tonight," she said with a yawn.

"So, last year of Foxfire?" I asked.

She nodded.

"I think we should have a study group tonight. Cause, we're probably way behind on everything!"

"Well, we did miss three years of our lives. So that would be smart, except I don't study!" I said with a smirk.

Sophie responded by thwacking me with a pillow....repeatedly.

"You have to come! It won't be the same without you! Plus, mom's going to make mallowmelt," she reasoned.

"Okay, I'll definitely come. Only cause there will be Edaline's mallowmelt, don't get any ideas Foster," I said pointing my finger at her.

She let out a laugh, "I wasn't thinking about anything. See you after school, Keefe!"

My heart was pounding in my chest, I felt like I was going to die. I could've really messed it up with Foster if I said the wrong thing.

I took a few deep breaths before heading to the office for my schedule.

Sophie's Answers

What is your favorite color?

________________________

Blue.

What's your favorite animal?

_____________

Silveny or Iggy.

Who is your role model/ person you look up to in your life?

_______________________________

Teirgan

What do you think is the most important thing in a friendship?

_________

Being able to count on each other to be there for you when you need them to.

What makes you happy?

Being with my friends and helping people.

What is the most important thing in a relationship?

______________________________________________

The most important thing in a relationship is love. You have to be able to love and appreciate each other for who they are, and not for what you want them to be like. You have no control when it comes to changing people. You can tell them things, like you don't like it when they're acting selfish, and they can either fix or it or ignore it. At the end of the day, a relationship can't work if you don't love them for who they are.

A/N: SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING!!! I'M TO LAZY TO DELETE WHAT I WROTE UP THERE SO XP! ANYWAY, I MEANT TO FINISH THIS MORNING BUT A WEIRD GLITCH HAPPENED!!!

BUT I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE WHO VOTED ON PRESIDENT OF THE SOPHIE FOSTER FAN CLUB! IT HAS REACHED ALMOST 800 VOTES! AND IF YOU HAVEN'T READ IT, GO BACK AND READ PLEASE! THIS IS A SERIES,

FIRST BOOK IS MYSTERIOUS MISS. F

SECOND BOOK IS PRESIDENT OF THE SOPHIE FOSTER FAN CLUB

THIRD LIGHT BETWEEN THEIR EYES

FOURTH IS AFTER EFFECT (THE ONE YOU ARE READING)

ANYWAY, I'D MUCH APPRECIATE IT IF YOU WENT BACK AND VOTED! MY GOAL IS TO EVENTUALLY GET 1,000 VOTES ON IT? MAYBE? HOPEFULLY? YEAH?

SO PLEASE, IF YOU HAVEN'T, GO BACK AND READ OR VOTE!!!

OTHER THAN THAT, AS PER USUAL,

VOTE

COMMENT

AND STAY BEAUTIFUL!!! ;)

~TAPQUEEN101

IMPORTANT P.S:

I wanted to start a little shout out/vote spam/add to library thing.

If I notice that you're frequently spamming my notifications with positivity and votes, then you'll get a shout out on a chapter. I will, if you have started a story, read it and add it to my reading list. Also, I will vote on a few chapters if I have time.

So, I already have two people in mind for tomorrows update, and in the future!

You all are amazing readers and great people! Sorry for the long A/N!!! ;)

Much love to all of you, and have a great summer!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 207 36
All characters except my own belong to Shannon Messenger Sophie is missing, and has been for about three years now. They have looked everywhere for h...
19.3K 528 47
Sophie Foster is getting desperate. Keefe is in a coma. Forgotten secrets are being revealed. Love triangles need sorting out. And she never knows wh...
19.1K 226 27
After Sophie manifests a new and dangerous ability, the Black Swan forbids her to contact any of her friends and family. But can Sophie resist seeing...
80.2K 1K 27
Sophie Elizabeth Foster was lost. With no way to get home, no way to find her way back to The Lost Cities. No way to tell her cognate Fitz, and no on...