A GIRL LIKE YOU > 80's URBAN...

Door -brownscgar

❝YO, YOU BE ILLIN'!❞ In which a group of black teenagers face difficult obstacles and series of unexpected ci... Meer

CRINGE IF U WANNA.
TRIGGER WARNINGS!
Cast/Playlist
i.
ii.
iii.
iv
v.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix.
x.
xi
xii
xiii.
xiv.
xv.
xvi.
xvii.
xviii.
xix.
xx.
xxi.
xxii
xxiii.
xxvi.
xxv.
xxvi.
xxvii.
xviii.
xxix.
xxx.
xxxi.
xxxii.
xxxiii.
xxxiv.
xxxv.
xxxvi.
xxxvii.
xxxviii.
xxxix.
xl.
xli.
xlii.
xliii.
xliv.
xlv.
xlvi.
xlvii.
xlviii.
xlix.
l.
li.
liii.
liv.
lv.
lvi.
lvii.
lviii.
EPILOGUE | "CLASS OF 1989."
the note.
THE SEQUEL IS OUT

lii.

962 84 22
Door -brownscgar

an: here is the prom playlist, ftw

i wanna dance with somebody · whitney houston

the way you make me feel · michael jackson

supersonic · jj fad

i ain't no joke · eric b and rakim

cha cha cha · mc lyte

top billin' · audio two

me, myself and i · de la soul

my preogative · bobby brown

i want her · keith sweat

your sweetness · the good girls

spread my wings · troop

lyte as a rock · mc lyte

pump up the jam · technotronic

bleach · nirvana (my fav song atm ftw)

welcome to the jungle · guns n roses

parents just don't understand · fresh prince and jazzy def

10 percent dis · mc lyte

can you stand the rain · new edition

dry ice · green day

the one i want · green day

1000 hours · green day

about a girl · nirvana

2 hype · kid n play

fight the power · public enemy

nasty · janet jackson

two of hearts · stacey q

May 27th, 1989.

    "Ow, Dee, it's too tight!" I told Dee as she pulled a thread into my hair, as I held my head in pain, which was veiled with a brown-haired wig that made me look like somebody's aunt. I tried telling her about the pixie cut, but she said if I did that, it'll take years for my hair to grow back, but I honestly wouldn't care, anyways.

Prom was just an hour away, the time now is 7:29 pm, and prom starts at 8:30. Renz's hair wasn't premed and he wasn't dressed yet, my dress looks like a mess, it was all winkled because Dee brought it to her job and showed it off to everyone about how fine I'll look at prom.

"Okay, just gotta cut this damn strand out," Dee muttered as she cut the strand of thread that was attached to one of my cornrows.

"Okay, pretty girl, looks like you are finished!" Dee picked up a mirror and showed me what my hair looked like. I look like a hot ass mess.

"Oh....um, it's....nice." I lied to Dee, so I won't make her upset.

"I know it looks nice, girl look at you! Lil' fashionista!" Dee complimented me, as I stood up while the itchiness began to dwell into my hair.

"C'mon, Renz, let's go to the bathroom, you got the perming cream?" I questioned him.

"Jeah, and you sure that this will work for my hair?" He questioned in concern.

"If you don't be moving so damn much around the sink, then yeah." I answered him as we made our way to the bathroom.

-

Almost an half an hour later, I was too preoccupied blow drying Larenz's now permed hair in the living room, while using a comb also to make it more softer.

"Can you lower the temperature of that blow drying thing? Tryna burn me or something."

"Shut the hell up, because I will burn you if you won't stay still." I warned him, as I heard him suck his teeth.

I turned off the blow-dryer and started to separated his hair into 6 different parts with the comb.

"Ow!"

"Ugh, would you quit moving? Are you that tender headed?"

"Duh! You think I'll have some silk ass hair like them white boys from our school? Hell, no." He curted.

I took a small piece of the blue JAM! gel and spread it around his edges, before I started braiding on the first section.

"Where the prom gonna be at?" Renz asked me.

"At some ballroom, probably around Lanswood Manor around the north."

"North? As in north compton?" He  repeated my answer.

"Yeah, you think we're gonna have it here in the south? Do yay know how many gangs would come to prom?"

Renz snickered. "Gangs will come and show up to prom in general, so don't... yeah."

"I bet it's gonna be mostly the bloods that will be waiting outside the ballroom so they could shoot the whole entire place up." I comment, as I started to braid on the next section.

"I heard the little blue gang is gonna be there, too. Mostly planning to rape some of the little seniors." He comments too.

"I feel a little uneasy about this, I mean, what if you get shot or jumped or something like that?"

"Nah, don't worry about it, lil' cuz, they might jump some people and that's probably it. If they even try to touch you, someone is getting a cap busted in their ass, y'know what I'm saying?" He says while I gave a few small chuckles.

"I get what you saying, cuz." I mocked him as I started to braid onto the third section.

"Ow! Don't braid it too tight!" Larenz squirmed.

"I swear to god, you have a tender ass head. You're lucky it ain't nappy for now." I comment, while I move to the fourth section.

A few sections of braiding later, I was finished. Larenz was too busy admiring his new and fresh hair in the mirror while I was choosing which dress should I wear to prom. It was between a peach dress and a neon pink dress. Eh, I got high heels that match with the peach dress, so why not wear the dress?

"Renz, aren't you supposed to put on your blue tuxedo? We have to get there in 15 minutes, hurry up!" I warned him as I put on my dress. Damn it, I forgot about my makeup.

I sucked my teeth at my realization and placed some brown lipstick on my lips, before putting eyeliner on my eyebrows. I don't have time to put on the foundation, the mascara and all of that extra shit.

I put on my 3 inch high heels that was the same color with glitter on them, and as I stood up, I struggled to stay in balance. I started to walk slowly around the room, as Larenz struggled to put on his black suspenders on the white vest that was a part of the tuxedo.

I chuckled a little bit as I heard my heels clack constantly on the floor. "Well, look at you. Finally looking like a man for once."

"Man, shut up and help me with these suspenders." Larenz says, as I helped him place one suspender on the left, and another on the right.

I also put on his blue tuxedo suit on, as I also pinned a white flower on it. "Ew, the fuck?"

"Renz, all the boys are gonna wear this on their suit, you need to look professional."

"I look professional, but you, uh--" before he spoke another word, I tried to throw a pencil at him, and he dodged it.

I checked the time, "Alright, let's go." I told him.

"Ma! We gonna be back by midnight!" Renz yelled to Dee, but before we made it to the door, we heard loud footsteps running down the stairs.

"Hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hooool-d! On!" Dee paused us, as she grabbed her poloroid camera.

I groaned as Dee told us me to get closer to Renz and forced us to put a smile in our face. Renz's face was totally blank, while I put an uninterested smile on my face.

Dee took 4 minutes of taking poloroids, telling us how to pose, and putting smiles in our faces, before she finally gave us the chance to go.

Dee squealed as she placed the 10th poloroid down at the table, before she let us go, I grabbed my peach furry pink coat and my purse.

I waited for Renz to open the door so I could leave first, but instead, he opened the door and left me behind anyways. I gave a scoff before I opened the door and left the house. "Larenz, what's the matter with you?"

"What? You were standing there like you were deaf or something, a nigga needed to leave after those damn flashes from mama's camera." He replied.

I sucked my teeth and walked down to porch so I could walk right beside him. The sun was setting and it was starting to get dark.

"It takes only 13 minutes to get to north compton, let's get there fast before it gets dark."

"Can I stop by the store for a minute?"

"No, why you need to go to the store for when there is gonna be food and drinks at the prom?"

"Okay, but is there any 40's over there?"

I paused and stop to look at his stupidity. "You're gonna die from drinking that junk."

"Well, then, I'm gonna die a G, then."

"With a damaged heart from all that alcohol." I mumbled.

"What?" He bellows.

"Uh....let's keep walking, it's about to be dark." I ignored his notice to my mumbled comment, as i took his hand, and we started walking further to our destination.

an: y'all....I suggest for writers to never write on a tablet.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

50.1K 2K 35
"comin' up as a nigga in the cash game livin' in the fast lane, i'm foreal ..." ©fortiesn9s 2015
46.8K 1.9K 29
{Copyright © 2015 All Rights Reserved} "I'm not invisible, I'm right here" ∆ 3 years in the future ∆ ♥Tinashe & Eazy E♥ ∆ TRILOGY ∆ book 1: "straig...
3.6K 120 14
- 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐠, 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐠𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬.. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐰𝐨...