Claimed

By 1hatecheesecake

Under a stormy winter sky, moonlight guides my steps as my paws crunch the forest floor. A strange sound brea... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Author's Note
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Author's Note
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Sneak Peak

Chapter 9

52.9K 1.8K 75
By 1hatecheesecake

Author's Note

Thank you so much for supporting my story so far. Don't be shy, comment!

A.M.

She lets go of my hand to remove the rag laid upon my head. Going to a bucket located by the side of the bed she dips it in wringing it out before placing it back onto my forehead.

"I need water."

Grabbing the cup from the table next to me she puts the cup up to my lips tilting it upwards. I open my mouth letting the cold-water flow into my mouth. After taking a couple of gulps she sets the cup back down.

Annabelle: "I will get the healer."

A couple of minutes later healer Winston, the pack doctor, comes in with mother following behind him. He grabs my wrist checking my heartbeat before looking into my eyes, and checking inside my mouth. He makes me move all of my fingers and toes.

Winston: "Everything seems to be fine Annabelle. Her body has cooled down extremely and her heartbeat isn't erratic anymore. The only thing I don't understand is why she was unconscious for so long. I may have to consult the human healer about it. As much as I know Alpha Xael won't like it, my knowledge of the human body isn't as extensive as he thinks it is."

Annabelle: "Can she stay here overnight or should I have her brought back to my room?"

Winston: "Well I want her to stay here. I will have one of my helpers feed her soup and fluids until I feel comfortable with letting her leave. You should get some rest Annabelle. At your age sleeping doesn't come easy and you need your rest. Winnie will be okay under our care."

Mother looks down at me with sadness in her eyes.

" I will be okay. I didn't mean to scare you. Go to bed mother."

She nods, wiping a stray tear that trickled down her cheek.

Annabelle: " I will be back in the morning."

She exits the room with the doctor, leaving me alone. Staring up at the ceiling I try to figure out why I fainted in the first place.

The sun has always been good to me, but now my body aches. It is hot one minute than cold the next. It makes no sense.

Light knocking on the door breaks me out of my thoughts. They do not wait for me to answer, but barge in. Glancing to my right they come directly to my bedside.

"Beta Gabriel, what are you doing here?"

Gabriel: "It has started Winnie, hasn't it?"

"What are you talking about?"

Gabriel: "You're feeling the affect of not being together. You're breaking the mate bond."

"Mother said I am dehydrated, so does the doctor."

Gabriel: "Winnie you shouldn't lie! Just admit it. You're Xael's mate."

I shake my head no, frantically.

"No. I didn't lie."

Gabriel: "Xael is dying!"

"He can't!"

The pain spreads to my entire body as I grab my chest. The pain is unbearable as I scream out in anguish.

Gabriel: "Just hold on Winnie!"

Scooping me up in his arms a look of distress is the last thing I see before everything goes black.

"Is he coming?"

Annabelle: " He told me to tell you he can't make it."

"But master never misses celebrating my birthday."

Annabelle: "I'm sorry Winnie, but he is a busy man, be glad you have so many gifts from him this year."

"I don't care about the gifts mother. He never misses my birthday."

I sigh in frustration sitting in a chair near my room window. The window overlooks the castle's garden and lake. The scenery calms me as I twirl a single piece of hair around my finger.

Annabelle: "Are you going to open the gifts?"

I shake my head no, lost in thought. A delicate hand touches my shoulder lightly. I glance up at my mother, as she smiles down at me."

Annabelle: "You are a woman now Winnie. It is time to move on from your feelings for that man."

"I don't...."

Annabelle: "I was young once too. You are in love, but he will never truly love you. Xael is a werewolf. He may have the appearance of a twenty year old for most of his life, but he is much older. I know that he provides for us, more than he should, but you will always be a slave to him. You need to find a man your age, who can take you away from here. You won't stay here forever I promise you that."

"I could never leave."

Annabelle: "You aren't a slave. You were never bought. You were found. The law considers you a free human."

"I am!"

I stand up in shock, knocking the chair over. Mother nods silently before reaching to touch me."

"Don't touch me! All these years we could have left this place. You lied to me!"

Annabelle: "Winnie it is not that simple. In order for us to leave for good, we need papers signifying our freedom status. The papers in order to be official need to be signed by nobility or royalty.

"Xael."

Annabelle: "He won't sign them."

"That bastard!"

I run to my bedroom door running out of it to a place where I know him to be. Pounding on the door I wait for no reply as I force the door open with anger. Startled I continue to make my way to him, until I am inches away. Raising my right hand it swiftly connects to his cheek. Tears streaming down my face he quickly puts his hand around my neck, squeezing gently.

Xael: "Explain yourself Winnie! Why did you slap me!"

His voice is rough and deep, but his eyes remain tranquil.

"You lied to me."

Xael: "I do not understand."

"You said I was a slave. Under Zeonia law I am free."

Xael: "Who told you this! Was it that old woman."

He lets go of my neck, sitting back down to calm himself.

"That old woman is my mother and it shouldn't matter who told me. You lied and you won't let my mother be free. You are a cold hearted bastard."

Xael: "You tread lightly with your words little girl, before I show you how cruel I can be."

"I am a woman now Xael. Your threats don't scare me. I want to know why you keep us here."

He stands up again eyes darker than before. He moves closer to my face. His breath tickling my neck.

Xael: "Do you really think you would be able to survive out there without me? I put clothes on your back Winnie. I feed you. Give you gifts. Give you shelter. If it wasn't for me you would die out there. Your mother isn't making enough money for you both to survive."

"Whose fault is that!"

Xael: "Don't you sass me!"

"I hate you!"

I go to slap him again, only for his hands to wrap around my wrists. Pulling me close his lips touch mine forcibly. Struggling a bit it doesn't take long before I give into kiss as he lets go of my wrists. Wrapping my arms around his neck he holds me tight, as we soon break apart for air.

Xael: "Stay still."

"Why""

A little confused on all that is happening between us, a shooting pain erupts within me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

833K 26.7K 56
Underneath the old wooden dresser, mixed with a layer of dust and a few wrappers is something I hadn't seen in two long years. My wedding ring. My ha...
14.2K 416 46
Evelyn has everything. She is strong, independent, beautiful and a soon to be alpha. Everyone she comes across either wants to be with her or wants t...
12.5M 275K 58
"I, Cole Greystone, reject you, Morgan Mayor, as my mate." As soon as those words left his mouth, I felt my whole world, shatter into a million piece...
97.2K 3.1K 36
He growl lowly as my breath become shallow from this steamy sessions. Within a second, he digs his canines into my skin, and moans escape my mouth at...