In Your Love... {Eternal Ishq...

By abdofRahman

UNDER MAJOR EDITING {Eternal Ishq Series - Book One} A well known surgeon, a wannabe model, a would be Aalim... More

Summary of IYL
Du'a, A Supplication to the Most Gracious Allah!
A Big Thank You and Copyright
A most special dedication <3
Ch-2 The Reason is revealed
Ch-3 Choose - to hang or to shoot?
Ch-4 The story of a selfish love
Ch-5 Dubai Dhamaka!
Ch-6 Digging up a dead friend's words
Ch-7 Unveiling Glamour, through a model's eyes
Ch-8 Madness + Love + Waves = Total ...?
Ch-9 HALT -Go slow, Fates at Work!
Ch-10 In His Hand lies the Power of mending hearts ♥
Ch-11 Sheikh of Sharjah -the Groom for Humaira?
Ch-12 Costa Atlantica, the Ship of Destiny!
Ch-13 A queer mixture of Reality and Romance
Ch-14 Getting to know -Umar, Him and Her!
Ch-15 Feelings, Friends and Foes
Ch-16 When the devil whispers... (Part 1)
Ch-17 ...seek refuge in Allah! (Part 2)
Ch-18 Amazing Fact: Sir, you have fallen in Love!
Ch-19 Entangled in the throes of Passion...
Ch-20 O my son, Laa Tushrik Bi Allâh!
Ch-21 When Nightmare comes alive!
Ch-22 Miracles occur, also falling in Love deeper
Ch-23 The Hero of Costa Atlantica!
Ch-24 Love -when it is declared!
Ch-25 Embrace in life, Sabrun Jameel
Ch-26 Mastering the Madness
Ch-27 Just like Cinderella's Prince Charming...
Ch-28 This heart-tugging journey called Life
Ch-29 When Ar-Rahman writes the chapter of Romance
Ch-30 Haunted by the Lucid Dream
Ch-31 When the die is finally cast...
Ch-32 Why not today... I mean, now?
Ch-33 The London Dulha
The Fate of IYL
Ch-34 For me, she is 'The Blessing' among blessings
Ch-35 Learning to Love Allah... (Part 1)
Ch-36 Learning to Love Allah and Muhammad SAW... (Part 2)
Ch-37 ...the way... (Part 3)
A Surprise for you ❤️
Ch-38 ...she Loves them (Part 4)
The End ;)
A little announcement

Ch-1 Holidays Yayyy!

47.9K 1.6K 310
By abdofRahman

                  In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful

‘Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our beloved Prophet Muhammad (s.a.s), his blessed descendents and noble companions.’

                                                                   - Aameen.

                                          In Your Love…

Dedicated to KittyCrackers for her love of family stories ;)

Note: Glossary is at the chapter's end.

Chapter one  

Holidays Yayyy!

When the speeding bicycle screeched to a halt, it was only for a moment to pause and open the huge gates. Then the young boy sat on it again leaving the gates wide open and speedily halting before a large, fine house.

He descended quickly and grabbing a school bag finally paused panting before the door while his hand impatiently rung the doorbell.

 Inside the big house, further into the kitchen, his mother Kadhija, a trim woman of fifty was like a small whirlwind cooking and conjuring many things at the same time. An onlooker would have been dazed by her energy or think that it is an illusion seeing her appear and disappear at so many places without a single mishap occurring. But the woman who paused near the kitchen’s doorway was not a bit surprised for she too was molded thus. Efficiency with quality was a motto of every woman in the kitchen and household of Syed Mohammed Abdullah.

“Ammi do you want me to wash these curtains today?” Saira asked, showing some pink articles in her hand. She was her eldest daughter, a young woman of twenty-three with a fair face and dancing black eyes.

Without pausing Kadhija looked at her and replied, “Yes together with the blue ones dear.”

Softly in the background came the melodious recitation of Surah Kahaf by Imam Sudais, the day being the auspicious Friday. Though everybody recited it individually, still it was sort of a custom in that house to play the Surah in the pc during Friday morning when each was occupied at their tasks before the Jumu‘ah Prayer.    

Opposite to the kitchen was a big room with three long windows thrown open wide. Yet they were all prettily curtained in green as to keep a stranger’s gaze from falling inside. And the sunlight streaming through them made the room look brighter and wider than its real size. This room was known by all as the Abba Ammi’s room.

Heena, Kadhija’s eldest daughter in law was setting it right while at the same time murmuring softly to the little baby who lay happily following her mother with its bright eyes and listening attentively to the sweet, soft nothings.

 It was upon that peaceful atmosphere that the loud bell rang almost incessant.

“It must be Umar. No Saira you watch this curry and I will attend the door. How many times should I tell the boy not to press the bell so?” Yet Kadhija’s tone held the fondness and pride that mothers often indulged upon sons. And Umar also happened to be her last and youngest child.

Even before she opened the door properly, it flew open while the young boy with the parent’s same energy burst upon her and paused for a second. Then taking her unaware, he hugged her in joy and before she could return the hug withdrew and threw his bag upon a sofa while he shouted loudly,

“Assalamu Alaikum! Holidays Ammi the holidays have come!”

Though Kadhijah knew it well for the exam’s last date had been repeated since the whole last month, she only smiled shaking her head as her boy went skipping inside the house.

“Saira Di, Bhabi exams finally over!” Umar continued to shout as he sped between the rooms and finally paused in the kitchen.

“Holidays Yay!” greeted Saira, grinning and swirling the ladle high in the air that she held in her hand for tasting the curry.

“Yayyy!” Umar grinned and chorused back. He was a small boy for his size of nine years yet was charged with indefatigable energy that paused only when he slept or was indulging in his favourite pastime, painting. He, like his eldest sister had the same black hair and merry black eyes that looked back at the world with a long list of curious questions which when answered by the elders were immediately replaced by another list.

Then turning he sped back into the room where he grinned at his Bhabi throwing a question while he turned and sat playing with the baby for the moment with a small, jingling toy.

“Where's Yahya, Bhabi?”

“Upstairs.” Heena replied, smiling and shaking her head somewhat similar in her mother in law’s fashion. Yahya was her son and first child.

 “With Humair Di?”

“Yes.” But he was out even before she had replied.

Opposite to the room had been the kitchen but to its left was a small hall with a glass showcase mounted upon one of its walls where all the daintier and costlier china were tastefully arranged.

The small hall ended and so that part of the house coming upon a spiral, metal staircase with flowery engravings in its balustrade, which ended upon the first floor.

To the left of the room was a big, arch doorway that was heavily curtained in deep red matching the spacious living hall’s walls and cozy furnishings. But these curtains were parted now on both sides and were wound in their middle by long, golden tassels.

And immediately in front of the arch was another room which belonged to Saif, the second son of the house and twin brother of Saira.

Umar bounded the metal staircase and landed upon a similar spacious hall above. Upstairs too were two rooms, one belonged to Humaira; the other was temporarily occupied by the eldest son Habib and his family.

Humaira, the second daughter and fourth child of Kadhija was a shy young woman of twenty-one whose presence was rarely felt yet whose absence was immediately missed. She had thick chocolate brown hair like her mother and her eyes perfectly matched her hair. Yet those deep pools were beautiful when caught unaware, for they reflected the pure soul that resided inside. Thoughtful eyes that often gazed upon the blue heavens as the heart meditated upon the Lord’s magnificent creation or His beautiful words of Truth, Al Qur’an. But in those depths also resided the merry twinkle which was almost like a hall mark of all family members.

Like other women of the family, Humaira too was wearing a Churidar, its dupatta now draped completely across her chest and back while its knot rested upon her waist.   

She had paused for a moment to dip the long mop which she had been using, into the tub of fragrant water when Umar landed and saw her.

“Humair Di!”

“Umar! Oh be careful, the tiles are wet and slippery…” But the warning was in vain for in his energy and joy he had already started and now came skidding in full force towards her. Humaira had only a moment to open her eyes wide before Umar hit her hard making them both tumble down together while the tub overturned and drenched them completely.

A little boy of four who had been patiently eating sliced pieces of apple had stood up upon the entrance of Umar. And witnessing this scene now, he clapped his hands exclaiming gleefully,

“Umar Bhaiyya Humair Di falling!” Yahya had yet to get his tenses right.

 And before Humaira could scold or say anything at all, Umar hugged her shouting close to her ears, “Holidays Yayyy!”

“Holidays Yayyyy!” joined little Yahya.

“Umar!”

That young man had already stood up and now helped his sister get up. Just then, the doorbell rang downstairs and its chimes echoed up to them.

“I will get it!” he announced and was off to the other part of the hall. Soon he was out of the main door and skipped down the other staircase made of stone, which descended upon the garden in the front of their house.

“No you don’t go anywhere little guy!” Humaira brought a protesting Yahya and seated him back upon the chair as she handed one half-eaten slice in his hand.

“What did mamma say?” She asked sternly but his answer was drowned in the scream-shout of Umar from downstairs,

“SAIF BHAIYYA!”

“Umar Farooq!” came the immediate reply of a man’s deep happy voice.

Downstairs Kadhija had opened the door again but this time she was not burst upon and hugged like earlier, the tall young man who entered saying Assalamu Alaikum looked at her lovingly before he pulled her into his arms.

“Ammi you have become more beautiful.”

“Don’t be silly Saif.” The mother replied fondly as her heart and face glowed in joy and pride.

Saif, just like his twin Saira had the same black hair and teasing dark eyes. He had completed school and became a Hafiz side by side. The first scholar to honour his school and parents so in the whole District. Now in his fourth year of Aalim studies in Kerala, he visited his home only upon holidays or special occasions while last year he had even passed his MBA examinations. Yet no one would label him as studious or nerd and the sentence ‘Don’t be silly Saif!’ were often upon everybody’s lips when he was at home.

“I am not Ammi, I pray Allah would bless me someone just like you!” he sighed breaking his embrace and caught sight of Saira who had just entered the living hall.

“Saif!”

“Saira!” He immediately walked towards her and took both her hands in his while his eyes lighted with a special dear light that only shone when they rested upon his twin.

“Ammi what is she doing here?” He asked though his gaze never left her face.

“Shame on you Saif, Is that how you greet your sister?” Kadhija asked smiling but left the two together and went inside.

“Where is that good for nothing husband of yours?” He inquired slightly frowning.

“At work of course.” She arched a brow tauntingly.

“Then why are you here?”

“Why are you here? You were not expected until Sunday.”

“Unlike you, this is my home young lady and besides I wanted to give you all a surprise.”

“Nobody is surprised.” Saira scoffed though her shining eyes said otherwise.

“I can well believe that.” Saif teased back, enveloping her in a one-arm hug.

“Is everything alright between you two?”

Saira looked into his dark eyes, which for the moment had become very serious.

“Yes.” She replied with a smile, her gaze unwavering.

“Then why in Allah’s Name are you here?”

“Ammiii!”

They had reached the arch entrance where Kadhija had released the curtains from their tassel while she had gone to the kitchen. Saif was about to part them and enter when Saira pulled at his hand saying, “Bhabi.”

“Oh.” He replied but raised his voice saying,

“ Assalamu Alaikum Bhabi! How is baby Hafsa?”

“Walaikum Assalam,” came back Heena’s reply from behind the curtains. “Alhamdulillah fine, that is until now.”

“I heard that!”

Back upstairs Umar had landed again and with a radiant face and almost hushed voice asked Humaira whether she knew who had come. She chuckled and replied that not only she but also the whole street probably knew too. Yahya again sliding down his chair went and caught Umar’s hand before he could escape.

Yahya loved him just as Umar loved Saif. But Yahya was still a child and Umar a boy who adored almost passionately his elder brother. To him, his brother was his hero, his role model, his whole world. Being the last child, he was pampered a little by everybody but not spoilt. And where he was sometimes stubborn with others, a word from Saif would immediately change his mind.

Finally finished with all her chores, Humaira looked at Umar who was teasing their pet cat Snow Queen and exclaimed,

“The time is 12:30 and you are still in uniform! And if you stand there wasting time you will miss Jumu‘ah Prayer. Now go, Go inside the bathroom at once! ” She ushered him into her room’s bathroom while Yahya simply trotted behind.

“I will bring your clothes from down and you can come with me Yahya dear and leave Umar Bhaiyya to bath.”

Humaira paused thinking from which staircase to descend, for though the metal one descended inside the house, the room of Umar’s which he shared with Saif was easily reached by the other stairs. So covering her head completely with the still wet dupatta, she started descending them when Saif came from down taking the stairs two at a time.

“Assalamu Alaikum Bhaiyya.” She said with a dimpling smile, giving him both her hands.

“Walaikum Assalam,” He smiled back, taking them in his own.

“Ah I was recollecting whether I had another sister, my memory is becoming worse you see…do you by any chance happen to be Syeda Humaira Muskaan?” Saif inquired in a serious tone while his eyes danced outrageously.

“Don’t be silly Saif Bhaiyya!”

He noted her wet appearance. “Forgot to take off clothes while bathing?”

Humaira slightly blushed before retorting back, “Yea it was cold in the shower you know…”

Saif threw back his head and laughed, “Never thought a day would come when you would reply like Saira!”

 “Umar Bhaiya Humair Di falling in water.” added Yahya looking at Saif.

“So here is the other little one, where is my follower Humair?” he asked softly, messing Yahya’s hair.

“Umar? In my room, bathing…Jumu‘ah Salah Bhaiya.”

“Ya Allah! What’s the time? Is it already one? I think I will use your bathroom too. Do you mind?”

She shook her head. “Of course not. I think its 12:35 now; do you want me to bring your bag up?”

“No Jazak Allah, it is quite heavy. Just a set of clothes please.”

“I will bring them Insha Allah.”

After fifteen minutes, everybody had come downstairs and the chaotic noise was deafening.

“Ammi, Humair Di, Saira Di somebody please apply Surma!” Umar fresh and clean in his pure white Jhubba and Topi was shouting at the top of his voice, pulling his lower lids until his eyes almost popped out asking the women folk to apply Surma in his eyes. Applying Surma was a Sunnah (teaching/practice) of Prophet Muhammed (S.A.W) and everybody in the house knew that practicing a Sunnah on Friday increased its reward multiple fold.

Humaira came running with the little Surma container and had to kneel down before applying it in Umar’s eyes thrice.

Yahya who had been made ready by Heena was shouting, “SURMAAAA” until his turn came.

Saif looking handsome in his own snow white Jhubba and pants had started chanting, “Oh won’t some one apply Surma to this dashing young man’s mesmerizing dark eyes? Oh won’t some one, wooon’t some onnne?”

“Saif Bhaiya!”

“Yes young lady?”

And he had to stoop down while Humaira applied Surma in his eyes too.

“Saif you have become horribly lazy, why did you imitate children? Can’t you apply Surma by yourself?” asked Saira, coming into the living hall.

“Excuse me; I did not ‘imitate kids’. I merely sang and a young lady fell for my voice and dark eyes!”

“Astaghfirullah!” gasped Humaira, suppressing a laugh.

 “You are disgusting!”

“Thank you! Now boys who want to walk to Masjid and increase their reward or go in bike and get less reward from Allah SWT?”

“Walking!” Umar shouted.

“Walk walkie walk.” Chorused Yahya.

“Then walk it is, Assalamu Alaikum!”

“Assalamu Alaikum!” “Assalamu Alaikum!” rang the three’s voice in the whole house before they were gone.

“Men!” Saira rolled her eyes.

“Boys!” Kadhija fondly smiled.

“Saif Bhaiya!” Humaira shook her head.

*****

    Glossary:

Abba, Abbu- Father, Dad.

Alhamdulillah- All Praise is to Allah alone.

Astaghfirullah- May Allah forbid/ I seek Allah’s forgiveness

Assalamu Alaikum- May Peace be upon you!

Walaikum Assalam- May Peace be upon you too!

Ammi- Mother or Mom.

Bhabi- Courtesy title to sister in law.

Bhaiya- Courtesy title to elder brother.

Didi, Di- Courtesy title to an elder sister. (Over here, we don’t call elders, even if they are only a year older just by their names.)

Insha Allah- If Allah wills.

Jazak Allahu Khairan- May Allah reward you with good.

Masha Allah- Allah has willed it.

Surah Kahaf- A Chapter from Holy Qur’an which when recited on Friday has awesome benefits. There are totally 114 Surahs in the Qur’an of various lengths.

Surma- Kohl, Our Prophet (S.A.W) preferred Surma Ithmid to other surmas.

Churidar- Salwar Kameez (we people say Churidar over here, do I have to say what Salwar Kameez is? ;)

Dupatta- Yes that long shawl which usually comes with Churidar.

Jhubba- Arab clothing.

Topi- Skull cap / Kufi / Taqiyah

-----------

A/N ;)

Have I missed the meaning of something else, if so please ask, I will clear Insha Allah …hope you enjoyed, Jazak Allahu Khairan and Thank you very much for reading! A most wonderful Jummah Mubarak to you! :)))

With Duas and Salaam (Prayers and Peace),

abdurRahman (Gudi ;))

p.s. And oh if you want to know more about Jumu‘ah (Friday)’s Sunnahs, please check my work ‘Sunnah is My Style!’ Thank you once again…  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.4K 7.5K 50
Sequel to Imperfect Endings ~Completed~ ×Warning×: Contains strong content such as drugs, alcohol and offensive language. This book has a different...
75K 865 5
⚠️ Published version Available in Paperback & E-Book through Amazon! Only 5 chapters of this book are available on Wattpad. In order to read the full...
439K 15.1K 26
This is the story of how a twenty year old succumbs to her parents' wishes and decide to get married to an mysterious, humble and enigmatic guy calle...
165K 11.5K 46
[COMPLETED] Aileen Raza, a girl having hazel eyes; who just got her admission in MA (1st year). She is a type of girl who is fun loving and mischievo...