The McGarrett Sister

De madisonalea

"Tragedy is something that will take its toll on everyone sometime in their life. For some, it happens sooner... Mais

prologue: begining
prologue: middle
prologue: end
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five

thirteen

2.3K 37 0
De madisonalea

Steve McGarrett's POV

I wake up for the second time today, not by my sister screaming, but by Cath. She was kissing the side of my neck, trying to get my attention, I assume.

I chuckle. "What are you doing?" She continues to kiss upwards, slowly reaching my jaw.

"Trying to wake you up. It worked." I chuckle once again.

"If you keep doing that, we will have to stay in bed all day." I say with a warning tone.

She kisses up to my ear, biting it before whispering, "Your call, Commander." I flip over, hovering her. Then, I begin to kiss her softly, removing my shirt from her.

All of a sudden, there is a cell phone ringing in the distance. I groan while she just chuckles.

"That sounds like yours." I nod, getting up and running downstairs to the phone, past Emily's room, which was empty.

I look at the caller I.D., which makes me groan once again.

"McGarrett."

"There is a robbery in progress at the coffee shop on Alakea Street. Hostage situation." I nod to myself.

"Be there in 10." I hang up just as Catherine wraps her arms around my waist from behind.

"So much for your day off, huh?" I nod once again, turning around to kiss her as I throw on the shirt I brought down stairs with me. I place a loving kiss on her lips as she looks me over. "Be safe today, okay?" I chuckle, pecking her on the lips once more, and then once again on her forehead.

"Always." I walk to the door, throw on the boots that were sitting next to the door, and wave with my other hand.

I hear the door close behind me as I make my way to my truck. As soon as I back out of the driveway, I call Emily, but it goes straight to voicemail. I give up after trying four times.

I drive directly to the coffee shop, noticing how close it was to the palace. I hop out of my vehicle to see Danny, Chin, and Kono already there.

"What do we got?" I ask as I meet them at the back of an SUV, set up with loads of equipment.

"Looks like there are three guys, highly trained. They took down the security system, but we are getting it back right now. Someone called it in from that pay phone across the street."

I look to where Kono was standing next  to three crime scene guys dusting the phone for prints. She makes her way back over to us.

"They just unlocked the security cameras." We nod and head to another area where they had more computers set up. There was a video tape playing. It was displayed in four sections on the same screen, making it harder to track with your eyes.

"Stop. Stop the feed." The officer pauses the tapes. My eyes widen at the screen. "Emily is inside." I mumble to myself.

"What did you say?" I turn my head to see Danny. Then point to the screen, at a loss for words. "Is that?" I nod, turning to look at the building.

"What's the plan?"

Emily McGarrett's POV

There were three men. They made us line up against the wall. While two of them went into the back, the other stood watch of us.

Man, what a time to not have my gun. I mean seriously, they pick today of all days to rob this coffee shop?

Wait a second. This is a small coffee shop, which means it's probably not going to be rolling in the dough.

If you were going to rob someplace for money, why wouldn't you go to the bank? There is literally a bank right next door. Central something. I don't know, but there is something off about this.

"Hey! Did I say you could talk?" The man had a ski mask on, pointing a gun at a woman. She looked to be a business woman with a pencil skirt, heels, and not a hair out of place. The woman shook her head quickly.

"That's what I thought." Then he hit her with the gun, making her hit the floor with a thud. Then he points the gun to her head.

"Hey!" He whipped his head around to me. Now that I think about it, probably wasn't such a great idea to yell at the man with a gun. "You want to point that gun at someone, you point it at me. Leave the rest of these people out of it." He chuckles darkly, walking down the line of people until he reaches me.

"Aren't you a brave one?" He strokes the left side of my face with the barrel of his gun.

"Obviously more than you. You're standing behind that gun, because without it, you would be useless." He smacks me across the face with the gun. It was a smaller one, almost like the one I carry. "You know, I saw your buddies walk in. They both had AK-47s, but that only looks like a Glock 17? They all look brand new. And that only makes me curious as to how experienced you really are." He hits me once again on the left side.

"Who the hell are you?" He looks angry, so I grin menacingly.

"Emily McGarrett. Former Navy SEAL. Presently a member of the Five-0 task force. They are outside right now, probably discovering that I am in here, because by the look of that green dot on the side of the security camera, your system didn't hold them back very long."

His eyes widen slightly as he turns to look at the camera. Then he aims, a little wobbly might I add, and then shoots three bullets before the green light goes out. One of his buddies suddenly makes an appearance.

"What are you doing? You're supposed to be watching them, not having target practice." The man who was in front of me was suddenly across the room with the other guy, whispering fiercely into his ear.

When the man from the back turned to look at me, I smiled and waved. He growled and turned back to the other guy, whispered something back, and then went back into the EMPLOYEES ONLY door.

The same guy from before went and sat at a table, watching us intently, but looks to me more often, each time, I shoot him a bright smile.

Steven McGarrett's POV

I strapped my vest on tightly, grabbing my gun, making sure it was loaded. Danny, Chin and Kono were doing the same, each of them with different expressions.

"Wait a second." I turn to Chin. "Why are they robbing a small coffee shop when there is a bank maybe a hundred feet away?" I turn to look at the bank.

"That's a good point." I nod to Chin.

"Okay, well why don't we go get them and ask?" I turn to Danny.

"What if we walk into a trap?" He groans.

"Honestly, has that ever stopped you before?" I shake my head. "Emily is in there. We can figure out why after we start interrogating them." I nod, back on track.

"Five-0! You might want to see this." We all run over to the computer set up that was set in the middle of large vehicles. "This is a playback of about 30 seconds ago." We turn to the screen while the officer presses play.

One of the men hit a woman with a gun, they proceeds to point a gun at her. "Hey!" Emily.

"Turn it up at little." I demand the officer.

The suspect turned to face Emily,"You want to point that gun at someone, you point it at me. Leave the rest of these people out of it." He chuckles, walking down the line of people until he stops in front of her.

"Aren't you a brave one?" He strokes the left side of her face with the barrel of his gun, making me growl slightly.

"Obviously more than you. Your standing behind that gun, because without it, you would be useless." He smacks her across the face with the gun. "You know. I saw your buddies walk in. They both had AK-47s, but that only looks like a Glock 17? They all look brand new. And that only makes me curious as to how experienced you really are." He hits her again on the same side of her face.

"Who the hell are you?" He looks angry, but she grins at him.

"Emily McGarrett. Former Navy SEAL. Presently a member of the Five-0 task force. They are outside right now, probably discovering that I am in here, because by the look of that green dot on the side of the security camera, your system didn't hold them back very long."

Damn.

He turns to look at the camera. Aims his gun, and shoots three bullets before actually hitting the camera.

"Okay. That's enough for me. Captain Grover. Is your team ready?" I turn to look at Grover, who nods in response.

"Let's do this McGarrett." I nod as we all walk quickly to the front doors of the coffee shop. A rock comes to my view as we near the sidewalk. I hold my hand up in a fist, gesturing for them to pause.

I pick up the rock, throwing it into a window, the glass shattering in response. Then, I throw in a smoke grenade.

"I seriously wonder why you have not gotten professional help. You need it." I heard Danny mutter behind me.

I gesture to move forward and we bust through the front doors.

Emily McGarrett's POV

"We're almost finished." My little buddy from earlier nods to his partners as a rock flies through the front window and a few people scream. The two guys from the back came out with a large bag.

While they were distracted, I yell to everyone else. "Take cover!" We all lay on the floor, covering our heads with our arms.

A smoke bomb is thrown in next, confusing the assailants further. I gesture for everyone to stay down as a few people began to lift their heads in confusion.

"Don't move. It will be over soon." A few nod while others just stay still. I sit up from my position, watching the team walk in with S.W.A.T. not far behind.

"Let me see your hands!" Steve yelled at the three of them. The two from the back complied, while the asshat that was with me, ran. Steve was about to follow, but I held my hand up. He nodded as I ran after him.

I followed him through the back, passed the storage room and out the back door. He struggled with the door, making me run faster. The door was opened, and he began to run out, but it was too late, because I had already tackled him.

He groaned as I pulled him up by both of his wrists. "You crazy bitch!" I chuckled.

"Well you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Do you understand the rights I have just read to you?" He chuckles dryly.

"Sure, bitch." He spits on the ground while I just smirk and walk him back through the coffee shop.

"Nice work Em." I chuckle.

"Thanks for saving us, Steven." He nods.

"Anytime." Steve takes the last guy from me, cuffs him, and then walks him to a patrol car.

Danny walks up to me, and pulls me in for a hug. "Are you alright?" He whispers in my ear. I smile.

"I'm fine Danny. Thank you." He pulls away and looks me over. He looks back up from my feet, his eyes widening as he sees my face.

"Looks like you need to get those fixed up." I nod, forgetting about the pounding in my head until now. "Come on. I'll take you to the paramedics." I chuckle slightly.

"I think I can make it there." He nods.

"Maybe I want to take you." I smile and wrap my arm around his.

"Lead the way." He smiled to me and then walks outside, where everyone from the coffee shop was being checked on.

All of a sudden, the woman I defended earlier ran up to me. "Thank you so much!" She says, a huge smile on her face. "You saved my life!" She grabs the hand that wasn't latched into Danny's arm and shook it gratefully.

I smile to her. "It was no problem, Miss. I would have done it for anyone." She smiles one last time before she walks off to speak with an officer. Danny looks to me, a smile set on his face. "What?" I ask.

"You're great, you know that?" I smile as we begin to walk to the ambulance.

"I'm pretty aware of it, why?" He chuckles.

"No reason. That woman will remember you for the rest of her life because of what you did." I chuckled.

"That's a little over dramatic, don't you think?" He shakes his head.

"No. Because you saved her life, at least twice today. Believe it or not, Steven has saved my life more times than I can count on one hand, but I haven't forgotten one of them." I nod.

"I understand that. There were so many people I knew, that have taken bullets for me, or would have if they had the chance." He turns to me in confusion, but I ignore the stare and smile at the paramedic we had just stepped in front of. Danny lets my arm go, and trails off to find Steven I guess.

He smiled and gestures for me to sit on the back of the ambulance. "So. Does anything hurt besides the right side of you face?"

"My head is pounding." He nods.

"Anything else?" I shake my head as he once again nods. He begins cleaning my cuts with an alcohol based substance, making me almost cringe at every touch. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. Is everyone else okay? I mean, I don't think anyone got hurt, but I just wanted to make sure." He nods, placing another bandage over my eye.

"As far as I can tell, no one has a scratch on them, besides a woman who was hit."

"Mahalo." He smiles as he concentrates on a larger tear in my skin.

"Just doing my job. Just like you? I heard you are on the Five-0 task force." I laughed slightly.

"Yeah. I only joined a week ago." He nods.

"Well, Mahalo." I nod and he continues with my face. "Why were you in there? If you don't mind me asking." I smile slightly.

"I went for a run this morning. I decided I wanted some coffee, so I was just going to stop in and get some." He nods once again.

"As much as I like speaking with you, I've just finished." I nod, hopping down from the ambulance.

"Mahalo!" I yell as I'm walking away, waving over my shoulder.

"Anytime!" He yells back. I walk up to Steve and Danny, who were leaning against Danny's car. Once I reach them, Steve pulls me in for a hug.

"So, you flirt with paramedics now?" I glare at him.

"Seriously Steven? I was being nice, a common curtesy you clearly do not possess as a human." Danny begins laughing.

"Me? You almost killed that man, just by yelling at him." I shrugged.

"He deserved it." He scoffs.

"And you deserved these?" He gestures to the right side of my face.

"I did tick him off, so that's on me, but otherwise, I guess not." He nods and pulls me in for another hug.

"I'm glad you're okay, Em." I smile into his arm.

"Me too. Who would keep things interesting around here if I wasn't?" Danny chuckles.

"Trust me. There was enough excitement before you showed up, Steven is a handful." Danny exclaims, and I smile before grimacing. "Hey. Are you sure you're okay?" I nod.

"So. Did you figure out why these idiots robbed a coffee shop." Steve and Danny shook their heads.

"Why would they rob the coffee shop is what we're wondering. There is a bank right next door." Danny says.

"Exactly what I thought. Two of them were in the back the whole time, while the one that ran, was watching the hostages. The two in the back, came out with a black bag right after you threw a rock in the window. Did you get it?" Steve nods in response.

"We haven't looked inside." I scoffed.

"Why not?"

"We wanted to make sure you were alright." Steve says, glancing over his shoulder, while I nod in acknowledgment.

"Mahalo." He nods and then walks towards the taped off area where everyone else was.

"Let's go find out what is in that bag. Yeah?" I smile and nod once again.

We head towards the taped off area as well, an officer holding it up for us when we ducked. Then, Danny and I walk to a table the bag was sitting on, as well as a robot trying to open it. Everyone was far enough away to where if it was a bomb, they would miss most of the blast.

I chuckle. "There isn't a bomb in there, Steve."

"How can you be so sure?" I walk up past the small barricades they squared around it, ignoring all of them yelling at me, and opened the bag wide.

"Because it's a bag of diamonds."

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

108K 1.3K 21
[COMPLETED STORY] After being abducted for the past three years, Steve McGarrett thought he'd never see his little girl again. But when the team are...
7.7K 185 27
This story is a sequel to the first book "REAL LIFE" if you haven't read it yet, go and enjoy :)
54 0 4
Steve thought his life was crazy before. Now that his childhood best friend Maddie is back in his life, will all the pieces of the puzzle fall into p...
86.9K 1.1K 67
【NCISLA part starts from chapter 50】 Fiction main point: One lovely,normal morning, Catherine got a weird message. Everything change, McRoll are in d...