With the Lights Off...

By MeJustCamille

Being co-stars, dodging dating rumors, finally ending up a couple, breaking it off a few months later, and be... More

(1): All of the Lights
(2): I'd Rather Go Blind
(3): Realize
(4): Somebody That I Used to Know
(5): Never Let Me Go
(6): Sparks Fly
(7): Collide
(8): Hold Your Hand
(9): Burn
(10): Don't Say You Love Me
(11): So Close
(12): Blow Me (One Last Kiss)
(13): I'm Yours
(14): This Love
(15): Almost is Never Enough
(16): Fight for Love
(17): Life Support
(18): Last Chance
(19): Happy Birthday
(20): A Thousand Miles Away
(21): Worldwide
(22): Ain't No Way
(24): She Will Be Loved
(25): Wasted Years
(26): The Man Who Never Lied
(27): Best I Ever Had
(28): You & Me
(29): Here Comes the Sun
(30): Marry Me, Maybe?
(31): We Are Young
(32): Both of Us
(33): Will You Marry Meee?
(34): All of the Stars
(35): Crazy in Love
AUTHOR'S NOTE. PLEASE READ :>
(36): You Belong With Me
(37): Safe With Me
(38): We'll Be Alright
(39): This Ain't the Way
(40): Find My Way Back
(41): There's No Place I'd Rather Be
(42): Am I Wrong?
(43): Somewhere Only We Know
AUTHOR'S NOTE AGAIN. READ AND COMMENT PRETTY PLEASE
YAAAAY ANOTHER AUTHOR'S NOTE
(44): It Was Always You
(45): I'm Latching on to You
(46): She Said (He Said)
(47): I'm Not the Only One
(48): Like I Can
(49): Say You Love Me
(50): Distance
(51): Love Me Like You Do
(52): If We'd Never Met
(53): Dear Future Husband
(54): Real
(55): Like I'm Gonna Lose You
(56): Where You Belong
(57): I Was Made for Loving You
(58): Let it Go
(59): Beautiful Things
(60): Suffer
(61): Someone New
(62): Falling Slow
(63): Can't Sleep Love
(64): Sorry
(65): Never Forget You
(66): Lie Under You
(67): Back to Sleep
(68): Unaware
(69): Over and Over Again
(70): Version of Love
(71): Things I Forgot to Do
(72): Unsteady
(73): You Should Be Here
(74): Belong
Last Author's Note
{ H i c e t N u n c }

(23): How to Save a Life

3.1K 67 43
By MeJustCamille

*Hi guys :)) well, this is the chapter where Ian tries to look for Nina and possibly save her from bad things in that island xD anyways, this time, it won't be any better for Ian and Nina's relationship. But, they'll make it work. They're NIan, don't they always? Love you all xx *

Ian's POV

"What do you mean we can't fly today?" I asked Al, the helicopter's pilot. "Of course we can! This is Nina we're talking about! We have to get to her."

"I know Sir," he whispered. "But the tower just won't permit any flights to that area. Not after what just happened."

"I don't give a crap," I muttered. " All that matters is we find Nina and get her away from there."

"But, Mr. Somerhalder-."

"I don't want to hear it," I snapped. "If I end up in prison for breaking whatever laws I'll be breaking, it would be all worth it for Nina. If you're afraid of losing your job, you can tell people I held you at gunpoint just to get me there so you'd appear the victim. What else are you afraid of?"

He cleared his throat and put his hat on. "Please fasten your seatbelts then," he said. "We'll be leaving in ten minutes."

I breathed a sigh of relief and sat back down on my seat, fastening my seatbelt. I put on my regulatory headphones and sighed.

"Are we waiting for any more passengers, Mr. Somerhalder?" he asked, trying his best to look me in the eyes."

"Call me Ian," I said. "And no, no we're not."

"Alrighty then," he said. "We're off."

I nodded as I closed the door and heard the propellers start. In a few minutes, we were already up in the air.

I rubbed my palms together and sighed loudly. "How long would it take for us to get there?" I asked. "Would it really be that dangerous?"

"As of right now, Ian, perhaps 45 minutes," he said. "And, unfortunately, it IS dangerous. But of course, it wouldn't matter."

I laughed and heard him snicker with me. "We would see the wreck from up here anyway, right?" I asked.

"Yes Ian," he answered.

"I just hope we get there soon enough," I sighed, knowing fully well that I was already two days and two hours late. 

"Don't worry Ian," he said. "We will."

---

"Ian, look there it is!" he said. "Look through your right window. It's right there."

I breathed in and out and tried to prepare myself for what I was about to see. I leaned close to my right window and almost gave up then and there.

The plane was wedged between the thick forest and the rocky mountain range. It was split right in half, with the front facing the ocean and the back turned over. All the windows were broken, the doors were hanging off their hinges, the wings were yanked right off of the plane and the tail was shredded and hanging off one side. The plane was basically ashes held up together by screws. Both sides of the plane exposed the insides and electrical wires were hanging out, some of their sparks clearly visible from the distance we were flying.

"Where can we land?" I yelled desperately.

"We're just about to land, Ian," he said, directing the helicopter to a part of the shore. Once we were close enough to the ground, I could see hoards of people: paramedics, naval and fire safety officers, airplane mechanics, and of course, paparazzi.

Al landed the helicopter and cut the engine. He stepped out and opened the heli's door for me. I stepped out and ruffled my hair worriedly.

As soon as I stepped out, people stared at me wordlessly. Then, I was just mobbed by the paparazzi and some of the officers.

"IAN!" all of the paparazzi yelled in unison. "Ian! Over here!"

I turned away from all of them and ended up face to face with one of the naval officers handling the situation.

"Mr. Somerhalder, you're not supposed to be here," he said. "It's not safe for anyone."

"With all due respect Sir," I said. "My girlfriend's still missing from this plane crash. I need to find her! She couldn't have gotten that far yet, right?"

He nodded and said, "We have people who are looking for Ms. Dobrev right now, Mr. Somerhalder. Please let them handle this. This is out of your control."

"Screw that!" I yelled loudly. "I'm desperate here. It's been two days since the crash and still, my Nina's missing! How the hell do you think I'm going to take it if I don't find her as soon as possible?!"

"We know, Mr. Somerhalder," he said. "It's just far too dangerous for you to be here. We can't let you risk your life doing something that you're not trained for."

I scoffed. "I don't care if I get hurt looking, I don't care how dangerous it is. I need to find her!"

"Please, Mr. Somerhalder, calm down!"

"NO!" I yelled, shoving him aside and running towards the plane wreck.

"STOP HIM!" he yelled to his men. A few guys faced me and ran to stop me. I ran faster and ducked under the plane's ruins and pushed pieces of metal away from my path.

I looked back and saw that no one was following me anymore.

"MR. SOMERHALDER! PLEASE STOP AND COME BACK! IT'S TOO DANGEROUS!" I heard someone yell through a megaphone. I zoned it out and pushed more metal away from my path. The ashes were clouding my vision and caused me to stumble a few times. I bruised my arm and cut my elbows on the jagged edges of the metal,  but that doesn't matter.

All that matters is Nina.

I stepped inside the plane-wreck and looked around. Nothing here but rubble and ashes, not even-. wait.

I rushed to one side of the plane and saw a patch of red on the plane's floor. I pulled off the foldable table that was blocking it and found Nina's bag. I knew it was hers.

I pulled it up and dusted it off. It was full of her usual things, but nothing that would be a good enough clue to help me find her. Not even her phone was here.

I slung it on my arm and jumped out off the plane. I ducked under it again and tried to see if anything or anyone was here.

I looked around and cut my eyebrow on a hanging screw. I winced, but kept looking. 

"MR. SOMERHALDER! PLEASE GET OUT OF THERE! IT'S TOO DANGEROUS!" another one yelled from the opposite side. "WE'VE ALREADY INSPECTED THAT AREA MORE TIMES THAN WE COULD COUNT. NO ONE IS THERE. NO ONE."

I shook my head and ducked out from under the plane. I made my way to the edges of the rocky mountains and inspected the rest of the area. It was all just metal and burnt-off pieces of the plane. 

Until I made out a silhouette of a hand from under the tail. 

I ran towards that tail and saw that it was indeed a hand. Only that, it wasn't Nina's. It was a guy's hand, all bruised and cut and bloody. I watched it intently, until it twitched for a split second.

I placed my hands on one side of the tail and heaved it out of the way, possibly draining me of all my strength.

It was Ben.

His whole face was bloody and butchered by cuts. He was breathing mildly, but his eyes were squinting.

"HEY! HEY!" I yelled to the other side. "I found Ben! I found Ben Hollingsworth!"

"WHERE ARE YOU?!" a voice answered back.

"BY THE PLANE'S TAIL! HERE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE CRASH! NEAR THE MOUNTAINSIDE!" I yelled. I took Ben gently by the hands and hoisted him up to stand stably.  I put his arm around me and supported his other side. 

I began walking, just to meet halfway with the paramedics.

"STRETCHER!" one of them yelled. "STRETCHER!"

A few others brought a stretcher and the male paramedics took Ben from my arms, gently lying him down on the stretcher. Right before they could bring him out, Ben's eyes opened and he coughed wildly.

"What?" he asked, disoriented. "Ouch, crap. What happened? Ian? What-. why are you.. huh?"

"Never mind that, bud," I said. "Just relax. You're fine now."

He nodded and placed a hand on mine. "I'm so sorry, I didn't hold on to Nina. I don't know where she is. All I remember before the crash was, she went to the comfort room. After that, all I heard was yelling and screaming, and then... BLACK."

"It's okay," I said, trying to hold back my tears again. "It's not your fault. It's not your fault."

He smiled sadly as the paramedics took him away. One of them faced me and said, "Mr. Somerhalder, you really must come with us. Please. It's not safe here."

I shook my head. "I need to find Nina," I said. "I need to find her."

He bowed his head low. "Everyone tried to find Nina, Mr. Somerhalder," he said. "But she's not here. She's not under the plane or inside it, she wasn't even within 30 feet of the crash. She's not here."

"Then where else would she be?!" I yelled, burying my face in my hands. "I can't lose her. Not anymore."

He looked away sadly and said, "I understand Mr. Somerhalder. But, putting yourself at risk wouldn't do anything for you either. Please, let them take their jobs from here."

I shook my head and bit my lip. Just then I realized, what if they were right?

The paramedics led me out of the crash sight and led me to their station. They patched up my cuts and bandaged up my arm.

"Please, stay here and don't get into any more trouble," the officer told me once I was all fixed up. "We'll find her Mr. Somerhalder. I promise."

I turned away and sat there quietly. I began thinking of all the thing that could have happened. Why was almost everyone found, but Nina was still there? 

She was still suffering the pain of burns and cuts and possibly, lack of water or air! I groaned loudly and felt the urge to punch something.

"Ian," someone sighed from behind me. I turned around and saw Ben, splayed on a makeshift bed with his face turned to me.

"Hi," I said. "How are you doing?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "They said they've seen worse," he managed to joke. I smirked and he sighed. "Any luck?"

I shook my head. "I might as well just give up now and..."

"What the hell are you talking about?" Ben asked angrily. "Ian, if I could only walk, I'd be out there looking for her no matter what crap I get thrown. That's how much I love Nina."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Do you still do?" I asked, though the answer was pretty clear to that one.

He smiled and said, "I do. But that doesn't matter."

"You know, you could've won," I said. "You were going to be with her in Bulgaria for a few years. You'd get her back."

"But I don't want her back, Ian," he said. "At first, I thought I did. Seeing her in that studio, doing that scene with her. I thought I did. But I was wrong."

"What?"

"I was wrong," he repeated slowly. "Because the whole time we were on the plane, seated next to each other, all I could feel was happiness. Not because I was with Nina, but because she was so happy talking about you and how the two of you are working out well. At first, I thought it was just some ploy to throw me off of what I told her..."

"Which was?"

"That I'd get her back no matter what," he said. "I told her I'd do anything just to get her back."

I looked away and he said, "But, I realized that was a pointless thing to do. Because she loves you. She always did."

"She said that?'

"She didn't have to," he said. "It was pretty obvious. To me, to Maggie, to everyone else. Probably except to Nicky, Derek, and the two of you."

I scoffed and he grinned again. "Ian, you and I both know you can feel that she's alive," he whispered. "You know where to find her. You always do."

Then, for some twisted reason, Ben had to pass out.

She went to the comfort room before the crash? Did that mean she was-.

Maybe Nina's still there.

I stood up quickly, ignoring the angry yells I got from almost everyone there. No one tried to stop me anymore because I'm sure they thought it was pointless. I rushed to the rear end of the plane on the opposite side, found it even more wrecked than the front part of the plane. 

I breathed in and out, trying to visualize the plane before it fell. If these were the seats and this was the back end of the middle bar, then...

I ducked under the plane and saw that the farthest end was turned over, the metal sunk down to the ground, leaving only a little space to crawl through. Just then, I realized that this end was the end that contained the comfort room.

I tried to push it away from the ground, but it was way too heavy. I tried one last time and sighed irritably. 

There was one last thing I could do.

I bent over and shoved some soil away from the tiny space. I just needed enough for me to crawl through. My instincts were telling me that Nina was under here.

As soon as I dug a hole deep enough for me to fit through, I wasted no time and squirmed inside. I heaved myself inside and looked up.

There was a person wedged between bent walls with legs under heavy metal bars, arms flalied on each side.

It was Nina.

I squirmed inside, eventually slicing the skin on my back with loose metal hinges. I winced, but kept on going and found myself inside.

I rushed to Nina's side and saw that her forehead was cut the whole length, her nose and mouth were both bloody and her legs were wedged under those bars. 

She was still passed out.

I moved my legs to sit next to her. I cradled her gently in my arms and hugged her tightly. She was breathing, but unconscious. I hugged her tight and kissed her on the forehead.

Nina was here.

Suddenly, I felt her move gently and I turned her to face me. Her eyes opened weakly and she blinked. "Ian?"

"Hi Nina," I whispered quietly. "Hi."

She stared at me confused. Then, she tried to sit up.

"Crap, ouch," she muttered. "What-. where, what happened?"

"You don't remember anything?" I asked. 

She shook her head and touched her fingers to her lips. Blood stained the tips and she winced. "How long have I been here?"

"Two days, Neens," I whispered. "Two days."

"I don't understand," she said. "All I remember was yelling and screaming, then crashing and... then, I just-. I can't..."

"Shh, shh," I whispered, hugging her tightly. "It's okay, it's okay. You're okay."

She smiled and held onto my hands tight. "Can we get out of here?" she asked. "Please, Ian. Let's get out of here."

I nodded and stood up. Nina followed my gaze and saw that her legs were trapped under the heavy metal bars. She looked at me and said, "It's okay. Just get them off. I can take it."

I groaned and grasped the bars, gently trying to pull them off of Nina's legs. "CRAP!" Nina yelled loudly. "Ian, Ian, stop, stop!" she yelled.

I bit my lip and let the bars go, watching as Nina's tears slid down her cheeks. I rushed to her side and hugged her again.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered. "I'm so, so sorry."

She rest her head on my chest and cried weakly. "Ian," she whispered. "I'll be okay."

"Yes, you will," I said, cradling her head in my hands. I kissed her forehead and said, "You're okay."

Then, Nina looked up and looked around. "Ian..." she said. "Ian, do you smell gas?"

I sniffed at the air, taking the time to see if Nina was right. She was. I could smell it thick in the air, as if something leaked inside the plane.

To make matters worse... I heard sparks accompanying it.

Then, I remembered. 

The electrical wires were sparking and were everywhere around this wreck. The leaks were probably from the detached engines.

"Ian," she whispered.

"We're going to be okay, babe," I said. "I promise."

I grabbed my phone from my pocket and contacted Al, who's number was programmed into my phone.

"Hello?" he responded after the first ring.

"Al, it's Ian," I said. 

"Ian!" he yelled. "God, everyone's worrying here. Where are you?!"

"Al, Al, I need you to give your phone to the officer we talked to," I said. "I found Nina. Tell them I found Nina, but we're stuck here."

"Oh, thank God!" he said. "Okay, okay, here." The sound muffled in the background with Al saying, "Officer, it's Mr. Somerhalder."

"MR. SOMERHALDER! We told you twice to stop-."

"I FOUND NINA!" I yelled, exasperated.

He cleared his throat and I could hear him directing his men. "Where are you? Tell us your exact directions now."

"I don't know where it is exactly," I said. "But we're here at the rear end of the plane. We're under this end that was semi-buried to the ground. There's a tiny space to crawl out of and it's clearly visible from there."

"Then, why aren't you getting out, Ian?" he asked. "There's a gas leak all around the wreck, and I know you saw all the electrical wires around the wreck too! Do you know how-."

"Officer, I know, I know okay?!" I yelled. "But Nina's stuck here. Her leg is under a heap of metal bars and I can't take it off without hurting her. We need your help, okay?"

"We're on our way there right now," he said. "Don't end this call."

"I won't," I said, setting the phone on my lap.

"Ian, we're not going to be okay, are we?" Nina sighed. "We're going to-."

"Shh, shh..." I said, cupping her face. "We're going to be okay, baby. We're going to be perfectly fine. We're together, right? That's all that matters."

She nodded and kissed me on the lips hungrily. I kept my lips on hers and stayed there for a while, until she pulled away and rest her forehead on mine. "We're going to be okay."

"I love you, so, so, so much," I whispered.

"I love you too," she said.

---

News Flash

Ian Somerhalder, after two days of being unconscious, leapt on a helicopter and made his way to rescue his lady love, Nina Dobrev, who has been reported missing for the past two days. Somerhalder apparently disobeyed local officers' orders to not interfere with their process and went on to rescue Nina's former boyfriend, Ben Hollingsworth. 

After an hour of patching up, Ian went back to the wreckage and finally found Nina under the buried end of the airplane. According to Ian, he dug his instincts were telling him that Nina was there. He dug his way through and found her, passed out. Just then, he realized, she was passed out as long as he was. 

His rescue seemed impossible with Nina's legs being stuck under a mound of metal bars. Add to that, a gas leak broke out in the highly flammable area where the two were stuck.

A few moments later, rescuers and paramedics successfully rescued the couple and brought them by ship to the closest hospital, given the fact that Nina is still under air travel-trauma.

Ian insisted on staying with his Nina for the rest of her recovery, ignoring any incoming projects. According to the actor, his visit to the Philippines with co-actors for the Typhoon Haiyan victims would still push through.

Ian Somerhalder: Superhero? We think so too.

More on this story later. 

*Hi guys! :)) i know, I know. This update's poorly written. I'm really sorry about that. I promise I'll make it better soon. I just wanted to get something out there for you guys. I promise I'll make it up to you! :DD thanks for the support, love you forever xx*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.9K 469 67
"We both know that this isn't gonna end well for both of us, luv, A devil like me can't always stay with an Angel like you... That's not how the game...
393K 5.9K 76
Nina Dobrev, a famous actress and her co-worker, Ian Somerhalder, a famous actor. After dating for long time, it ended. And when it did, they still c...
13.4K 204 17
nina has a secret she's keeping from her friends and family she's afraid if people know they'll be mad at her and she's right she should have told al...
4.3K 87 15
Ian somerhalder was in love with nina dobrev. They always said forever, but then he had an accident and things came to light, will they survive it or...