All I Ever Wanted (NARRY STOR...

By ohmynarries

"I just want to make you happy." Where Niall happens to fall in love with his best friend. Who's taken. all g... More

Prologue
01. Buried alive
02. Zayn
03. Protective feelings
04. KFC and a shit friend
05. Jobs and good memories
06. It's Sunday
07. Spilled drinks
08. Do you really?
09. First Day
10. Beef
11. Apologies
12. We're just best friends
13. Company dinner
14. Rants
15. Fights
16. Fighting for love
18. Cheaters
19. Utter dickhead
20. F* everything
21. Is that why?
22. Patch things up
23. I love you!
24. Back to normal
25. Sticky Situation!
26. Frozen D*cks
27. It's all swim and games!
28. Last Day!
29. You
30. Awkward
31. Oh for f*ks sake!
32. Clubs
33. Kitchen Duty
34. A cliche movie
35. Caught
36. Self pity
37. Cheering up
38. Chest Hair!
39. One Day
40. Christmas Shopping
41. Date!
42. Golden Opportunity
43. Celebratory Cheers & Cheshire
44. Dinner with the Styles
45. New Years
Epilogue

17. Birthday boy

3.6K 147 129
By ohmynarries

N I A L L

It's Friday today. And it's my birthday. And four days since Harry tried to kiss me again. I wouldn't say that I'm complaining that he did, in fact, I'm over the moon. I honestly would have kissed him back if that did happen for the second time, but at that time, I just really needed to sort things out with Zayn first. I need to find my damn balls to go talk to him before I even try to get myself into shit with Harry.

But sadly, ever since Harry tried to kiss me again, we've been distant. He doesn't dare to look me in the eye when we talk anymore, his eyes don't have the same glint behind them. I'm not sure whether it's about how the 'almost-kiss' went, or the fact that Harry's still upset about his breakup with Chelsea. And honestly, I'm hoping it's the latter, because I really can't stand the thought of us being distant because of a simple mistake.

Though, I definitely still can feel his touch on my cheeks, his breath fanning over my nose, his lips planted on mine. I can still feel all of those on me right now even after a week or so. And trust me, I'd do anything to relive that feeling once more. Just after Zayn.

Speaking of Zayn, that's just exactly what's going on right now. Zayn and I just finished our lunch at some cafe, and we're walking back to my place with cups of milkshakes in our hands before he has to go for his shift later at 3.

"Are you all packed for your camping trip with Louis and Harry?" Zayn asks as he sips on his milkshake. I smile sheepishly, shaking my head.

"Haven't even started. It's still in like two days. We haven't even went out to buy our stuff for it yet. Would probably do it tomorrow with either Lou or Harry." I tell him. And I'm really hoping I can go with Harry, at the same time, I don't really want to.

"That's nice." Zayn nods, slurping on his milkshake once more. I drink my own delicious milky goodness, while leading the way up the flight of stairs to my flat.

"Ni," Zayn calls, squeezing my hand that's in his slightly to grab my attention.

"Hmm?" I hum in response, looking down at him since he's a step lower than me.

He tugs on my hand slightly, pulling me down before he crashes our lips together in a messy make out session. There were sparks, no doubt. But they weren't flames and fireworks and explosions. I had that with Harry.

We blindly make our way up the remaining steps to my flat, lips still glued together as we stumble through the corridor.

I pull back from the kiss just for a second to look for my key in my pocket before shoving it into the keyhole. Zayn's lips attach themselves to my neck and I release a breathy moan, hurriedly pushing open the door and connecting our lips once more.

He gently cups my cheeks, bringing me in closer and kissing me harder, slipping his tongue through.

"Woah, couldn't you guys wait till you got into the room?" Someone groans and I pull back from Zayn, releasing a soft suction sound between us.

I turn, to see Louis' hands over his eyes, making me giggle softly.

"Is the scene PG yet?" He asks, making me roll my eyes.

"Yes Lou." I sing song and he removes his hands, giving me a toothy grin. I grab Zayn's hand and bring us into the living room after closing the door behind me.

"Aren't you supposed to be at the shop?" I ask casually.

"What? Want me gone so you guys can fuck on the couch?" He narrows his eyes at me, making me roll my eyes and for Zayn to chuckle softly.

"It was just a question, Lou." I groan and he snickers softly.

"Yeah, anyway, I didn't get to see you this morning since you were sleeping like a bloody fat ass. So I wanted to come back and pass you your present." He grins and I smile widely at my best mate.

"Aww thanks Lou." I gush. "But aren't you coming for the barbecue tonight?" I ask. Yes, we are gonna have a barbecue tonight at 1.30 in the morning after our shifts at the bar.

"I am. But I just wanted to give it to you now. Plus you might be drunk out of your mind later on." I shrug. He does have a point.

"Wait here." He tells me before walking over to his room.

I lead Zayn over to the sofa, plopping down on it. Louis comes out seconds after with a huge box in his hands.

"Here." He hands it to me and I almost grunt at how heavy it is.

"Is it a box of rocks or something?" I mumble, tearing off the brown paper.

"I'm not an ass. Just open it." He encourages as I tear off the last bit of paper covering it. My hands trail over the smooth wooden box, before going down to the silver locks and clicking it open.

My eyes widen and a wide grin spreads across my face. "Lou! You did not!" I gush excitedly, tracing my fingertips over the vintage item. "How did you even get it?" I ask.

"Perks of working at a music store." He boasts and I grin, wrapping my arms around him in a tight embrace.

"Thanks so much, Lou! I love it!" I give him another tight squeeze and he chuckles.

"For a small leprechaun you sure can crush bones." He wheezes out and I snicker, letting go of him.

"But seriously, thanks Lou. I love it." I grin, looking down at the record player in my lap.

"No worries, lad. Lift it up. Your vinyls are in there." My eyes widen.

"You bought vinyls as well?!" I almost screech, making Zayn and Louis chuckle. I lift the record player off my lap before grinning widely as I see the short stack of vinyls at the bottom.

I pick them up, my smile growing impossibly bigger. Bon Jovi, The Eagles, Michael Bublé, The Script.

"You're crazy Lou! I love you I love you I love you!" I practically scream in his ear, giving him another tight embrace, pressing a sloppy kiss on his cheek. He cringes, moving away from me and pushing my face away.

He checks his watch on his wrist before standing from his spot.

"Well, I'd love to stay. But I gotta open up the store." He announces and I nod, standing as well.

"I'll walk you out." I place my present on the sofa. He shoots me a weird look because why the hell do I need to walk him out of his own flat. But I shoot him a knowing look and he nods either way.

"Give me a sec, Z." I say, giving him a little squeeze on his shoulder.

"If you needed to tell me something couldn't you wait till tonight or tomorrow? Zayn's going to find it weird if you're walking me out of my own flat." Louis whispers to me as I swing the door open.

"I know. But I might not have the chance. Do you think it's a good idea to talk to Zayn today?" I ask softly and his eyes widen.

"Today? On your birthday, Ni? Is that really a good idea? Why don't you wait for another week or so?" Louis asks and I sigh.

"Weren't you the one asking me to talk to Zayn soon?" I ask with a dramatic sigh.

"Yes, but I meant like a week ago or something. It's your damn birthday today, Ni. Don't spoil your day." Lou says, giving me a pat on the back as he wears his shoes.

I nod. "I'm just afraid I might not have the courage to talk to him again." I admit.

"And you have it now?" He quirks an eyebrow. I admittedly shake my head.

"But we're alone now." I say but Louis shakes his head.

"Now won't be a good time, Ni. Do it next week or something. I'm sure you'll get another chance. How's things with Harry?" He asks.

"Not that great. But I'll tell you about it tonight." I say and he nods.

"See you later then, mate." Louis says and I nod, waving him off as he walks back down the stairs.

I walk back into the flat, seeing Zayn typing away on his phone. When he sees me entering, he keeps his phone and shoots me an award-winning smile which just doubles the guilt in me.

I gulp. Okay, maybe it's a good thing Louis told me not to talk to him, it's like that little bit of courage just completely evaporated from my being.

"What did you and Lou talk about?" He asks as I make my way towards him.

"Just discussing about our camping trip." I paint on a fake smile. Yeap, definitely need to talk to Zayn soon.

•••

I watch from the other end of the bar, how Harry's movements are sluggish and his eyebrows have been furrowed for almost the entire night. I release a puff of breath, hesitantly making my way over to him.

It's currently five minutes to 1 and the bar is just about done with closing up. Zayn already left at 8, he's going to help set up the bbq up at mine and Louis' place on the balcony. I don't know who Louis is calling but I'm assuming it's just gonna be him, El, Zayn, Harry and I. That is if Harry even wants to come.

"Harry?" I call, leaning my elbows on the counter opposite him. He stops his movements and looks up at me, giving me a small smile.

"Hey, Niall. Happy birthday." Yeap, this is the first time we've talked since the entire night.

"Thanks H." I grin, at least content that he's willing to speak to me.

I sigh softly, plopping down on a stool.

"Talk to me, H. What's up with you?" I ask gently, even though I have a fair idea of why he's acting this way.

"Harry, Niall! Josh and I are leaving. You guys okay with locking up the bar?" Melissa's voice interrupts us.

"Sure Mel." Harry replies and I nod in agreement.

"Happy birthday once again, mate!" Josh wishes and I grin.

"Thanks Josh."

"Yeah, happy birthday, Ni. Have a good day even though it's already over." I laugh softly.

"Thanks Mel. See you guys tomorrow." I give them a little wave before they're out of the bar and it's just Harry and I. Carl left at like 9, that lazy fucker. He probably has some family issues or something, don't be a dick, Niall. Okay stop talking to yourself.

I turn my attention back to Harry to see him looking down at his fingers. I prop my palms on the bar counter, heaving myself up and crossing over to the other side to stand in front of Harry.

"H?" I almost whisper. "Is it something I did?" I ask, just in case. His head shoots up and he shakes it hurriedly.

"No, definitely not Niall. It's what I did." He says and that just confirms my assumptions.

"Harry. I'm not upset with you if that's what you're thinking." I tell him gently.

"But I almost kissed you for the second time. And you're with Zayn." He mumbles, guilt written all over his features.

"I know, Harry. But it's okay. I'm sorry I stormed out on you that day. I was just.. Confused." I say and he quickly shakes his head.

"Don't apologise, Niall. You did nothing wrong. I'm glad you walked off, if not I really don't know what would have happened." But I didn't want to walk off. I wanted to stay and snog your face till I was breathless and our lips turn red.

His eyes stare deeply into mine, with a thin layer of gloss over his emerald pupils, as if begging for me to forgive him.

"Let's just.. Forget about it okay? That and the first kiss we shared." I whisper, my heart breaking slightly at my own words.

"I don't really want to, though." I hear him whisper under his breath. My throat runs dry and my heart stopped beating for a second. Did he just- Harry just.. He just.. Oh my god. He doesn't want to forget it. Did he like it as much as I did? Does he want it as badly as I do? He can't possibly have feelings for me, can he? I almost scoff at my own thoughts. Who the fuck am I kidding.

I gulp down the forming lump in my throat, staring up at him. I can tell that he's really hoping that I didn't hear what he said. But I did. The slight fear in his eyes gave it away.

It's so silent between us that I'm pretty sure Harry can hear how hard my heart is hammering against my ribs. It might just break through my ribs at the rate it's going.

I find myself staring at his lips. I grit my teeth, my fists clench unconsciously as every fibre, muscle and cell in my body overstrain themselves to keep me from jumping forward and kissing the life out of him.

I watch as he purses his lips to a thin line before wetting it slightly with his tongue. I swear he's fucking doing this on purpose.

I painfully swallow the lump in my throat, my throat feeling extremely dry.

I want to say something. Anything at all to get rid of this hot tension filled air between us. I can't kiss him. I can't kiss him. I want to but I just can't. That thought alone is killing me, very slowly and painfully.

I finally break my gaze from his lips, staring down at our shoes instead. I open my mouth to speak, but all that comes out from it is a puff of air.

"Niall?" Harry calls out, his voice deep and slow. My heart pounds at the sound. I bring my head up to look at him.

"Yeah?" I whisper, gulping once more, waiting in anticipation for his response.

"Is it okay if I bring a new friend I met along for the barbecue?" Talk about anti climatic.

Even then, I couldn't help but to release a breathy laugh, thankful that I didn't have to be the one to break that tensed silence. "Who's this friend?" I ask with a small smile.

"I met him at Chelsea's company dinner. He was the bar tender there and he's a really cool lad, and I want you to meet him. I think you guys will get along great." He says hopefully and I chuckle, nodding.

"Sure, H." I smile lightly. "Although, you know me, I'm not really a fan of social interaction." He cracks a small smile, nodding.

"I know. But it's okay. Liam talks a lot, so he'll do most of the talking." He smiles and I nod. I'm assuming Liam is this lad.

"Alright. Any friend of yours is a friend of mine as well." I smile, nudging him gently. He smiles gratefully before his eyes fall and a frown gets painted on his lips. Before I could even ask what's wrong, he beats me to it.

"Sorry I didn't get you anything, Ni. I don't really have a reason and an excuse. I was just so caught up with my own thoughts the last few days and-"

"Harry." I cut him off with a small giggle. I step forward and wrap my arms around his waist in a tight embrace. "Having you as a friend beats receiving the best gift there is. Corny as fuck, but I mean it." I mumble into his chest and I feel his entire body relax and he soon wraps his own arms around my shoulder. I smile lightly, completely melting into his hold.

"I'm so lucky to have you, Ni." He mumbles, and he surprises me by kissing the top of my head. I smile, my cheeks warming up. I give him a tighter squeeze.

"I'm very lucky to have you too, Harry." I mumble, reluctantly pulling back from the hug.

"I highly doubt it." He whispers under his breath and I release a sigh.

"Let's just go back for the barbecue okay, Harry?" I say, propping myself up on the counter once more. His features soften, nodding.

"Yeah, let's."

•••

Author's POV

•••

"Louuu.." Niall slurs out, lazily pushing Louis' body off him.

"Get your fucking balls off my face. They smell like fish tacos." Niall groans, causing a loud laughter to erupt from Liam, Zayn and Harry.

"You guys look like you're doing the 69." Harry giggles, pointing at the two lying semi conscious on the floor.

No one knows how they ended up in this position, Niall lying on his back, Louis right beside him, facing the other way, Harry leaning against the sofa beside Niall's foot, which seem to have moved meters away from its original spot. Zayn sits cross legged in front of Harry, and Liam next to him, leaning against the coffee table. The latter three the only rather sober ones in the room.

"Yeah, Niall! Oh, baby, keep going!" Louis pretends to moan out loud, thrusting his crotch into Niall's face. Niall shoots Louis a disgusted look through his blurry eyes, whacks Louis' crotch playfully before sitting himself up as best as he can, leaning against the sofa, plopping his head against Harry's shoulder.

"You better watch out, Lou. El might get jealous." Niall teases with a coy smile, wagging a finger at him.

"El?!" Louis hollers. "El, baby!" He calls out loud again.

"El left like an hour ago, Lou." Harry tells him and Louis pouts dramatically.

"El!" Louis cries and Niall giggles uncontrollably, kicking Louis gently at his thigh.

"You want to go to bed, Ni?" Zayn asks. He turns to him, shaking his head.

"Nooo... I want to stay righttttttt..." He trails off childishly, pointing to his spot. "Here." Niall crosses his arms over his chest.

"Okay, babe." Zayn gives in with a small chuckle and Niall sports a wide, toothy grin, reaching over to pat the top of Zayn's head.

"Liam!" Niall calls out, squinting his eyes open to look at their new friend.

"Yes Niall?" Liam asks, chuckling softly.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" Niall asks randomly.

"No I don't. I tend to lean towards the dick loving side." Liam says, smirking in amusement.

Niall gasps, sporting a wide grin on his cheeks. "Hey! Me too! You must be my long lost brother." Niall says with a toothy smile. Liam chuckles, slightly confused at Niall's randomness.

Louis suddenly bursts out laughing, scaring the living daylights of the other three.

"Hey! That's funny!" He points to the television, which is softly playing the re runs of Friends.

Louis stands up, stumbles the short distance towards one end of the sofa. He places his hands on arm rest, before trying to push it.

"Pivot!" Louis hollers, copying the iconic scene that's being shown on the telly. Niall throws his head back in laughter, falling to his side on the floor. The sober three smirk amusedly, shaking their heads at his antics.

"Pivot!" Niall echoes, turning around and placing his hands on the sofa as well, pushing the furniture.

"Pivot!" They call out together once more in unison, pushing the sofa at a strange angle until it crashes against the shelf at the back, toppling over the display trophies that Louis earned over his high school years, emitting a loud crashing sound as it breaks into pieces upon impact.

Their movements freeze and Niall and Louis shoots their arms up in the air in surrender simultaneously. Harry and Zayn exchange glances, before snickering. No wonder they're best friends, Zayn thinks to himself.

"Not my fault." Niall immediately says.

Then there's a loud pounding on the door, making Harry and Zayn's smile drop slightly.

"Open up, it's the police!"

"Okay, that's enough, you two." Harry scolds, closing the door after the two policemen who looked like they hated their jobs left the flat.

"But Haaaarryyyy!" Louis whines childishly but Harry shoots them a stern look.

"Your neighbours called the police because you guys were too loud, Lou. Time for the both of you to sleep." He lectures.

"They're just a bunch of blabber mouths. Who cares about them?" Louis hollers and Harry rolls his eyes.

"You take Niall to his room okay? I'll take Louis to his." Harry tells Zayn and he nods.

"Bye Harry! I'll miss you!" Niall hollers with a small pout on his lips. Harry chuckles softly at his expression, ruffling Niall's hair up slightly.

"I'll miss you too, bud. Take care, okay Ni?" But the lad is already barely conscious.

"Wait here okay Liam? I'll give you a lift home after I put him to bed." Harry says as he tries to sling Louis' arms over his shoulder. Liam chuckles as Louis' body slides right off, making Harry curse a long string of curse words under his breath.

"Do you need help with him?" Liam asks, pointing to Louis who is about to pass out any second.

"Please." Harry breathes out and Liam chuckles softly, nodding.

The two of them help Louis into his room, slowly exiting it once he's tucked in and completely knocked out.

"So, that's Niall huh? He seems like a fun lad." Liam smirks knowingly at Harry as they put on their shoes.

Ever since Harry tried to pull a move on Niall again, Harry just needed to talk to someone. He wanted, no, needed to rant about his feelings, try to sort out all these confused feelings of the breakup with Chelsea and the kiss with Niall. He obviously can't talk to Zayn, Louis is also out of the question because he knows that Louis would just blabber on to Niall. And well, in usual circumstances he would talk to Chelsea, but that would be rather awkward now. And the next person that came into mind was Liam. Well, only because he knows that Liam won't tell either of them since he barely knows them to begin with. And since then, they've become good friends. 

"Don't give me that look, Liam." Harry rolls his eyes.

"What?" He replies innocently.

"That look. That look you're having now." He points to Liam's face. Liam chuckles, shrugging casually.

"This is my face everyday." Harry rolls his eyes at his response.

"You know, you weren't kidding when you told me he's in love with you. It's kinda —really— obvious." Liam says with a coy smile, making Harry groan softly at his words. He's rather pissed because why does everyone keep saying that? Why is it that he can't see it for himself that Niall's in love with him?

"Niall and I are just friends, Liam." Harry tells him firmly, although, deep down, subconsciously he's telling it to himself more than anyone else.

"Yeah. Friends who've kissed. And liked it."

"Shut up."

Zayn slings Niall's arms over his shoulders, heaving him up. Niall grumbles to Zayn about how he deserves to have some fun because he's the birthday boy.

"Go to bed now and you'll get a blowjob tomorrow morning, alright birthday boy?" Zayn pretends to tempt and that was enough to shut Niall up, nodding quickly.

"I'll sleep." Niall says obediently, making Zayn smirk in amusement.

Zayn helps Niall onto his bed, climbing in beside him, bringing the sheets up to their chins. He wraps an arm around Niall and Niall snuggles into his chest.

"Zayn?" Niall mumbles softly. The dark haired lad hums in response.

"Do you love me? If you do, you can't." Zayn freezes at his words, wondering what he means. But it isn't because he's surprised at his words. More because it's a little too late for Niall to say that to him.

----

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

368K 14.2K 50
Niall and Harry are the best of friends. Everyone at school wishes to have a friendship like Niall and Harry. They're also the most popular boys in...
52.3K 2.2K 32
"When you say you love me, know I love you more and when you say you need me, know I need you more boy I adore you." ©Copyright 2015 Smiley_Miley_
3.4K 186 31
Narry fanfic with Harry and Niall. Sometimes love take us to a dark place where we don't belong. We make the wrong choices in life, and that has cons...
10.9K 597 11
❝where are we off to sir?❞ ❝please just...just take me away from here❞ where Harry and Niall fell in love on the road © Copyright 2016; El