I'm Having a Royal Baby {ORIG...

By LeanGoddess

THE IS THE ORIGINAL STORY OF THE MATERNALISTIC MAID Folashadé knew there would be consequences when it came... More

Rewrite Vs. Original
Chapter 1: One Night Stand
Chapter 2: Breakfast Warnings and Confessions
Chapter 3: Peanut Butter and Morning Sickness
Chapter 4: Late Night Visit
Chapter 5: What If...?
Chapter 6: Test results
Chapter 7: I'll know when you love me
Chapter 8: The Breakdown
Chapter 9: D-anger as well as Favors
Chapter 10: Ruining a Man's Pride
Chapter 11: End of a Friendship
Chapter 12: Secrets
Chapter 13: Affectionate Stares?
Chapter 14: Man To Man
Chapter 15: Surprise
Chapter 16: The Unexpected
Chapter 17: Royal Announcement
Chapter 18: Development Of a Friendship
Chapter 19: Self-hate
Chapter 20: Denial and Realization
Flashback Chapter
Chapter 21: Almost Getting Caught
Chapter 22: Second Appointment
Chapter 23: Clues and Discovery
Chapter 24: The Ball
Chapter 25: Careless Hormones
Chapter 26: Truth
Chapter 27: Magic
Chapter 28: Deprecation
Chapter 29: Oh Brothers
Chapter 31: Disgrace
Chapter 32: Questions and Abruptions
Chapter 33: Miracles Could Be Shattered
Chapter 34: A Done Deal
Chapter 35: The Finale

Chapter 30: Consent to Rebelling

45K 1.8K 868
By LeanGoddess

Chapter 30: Consent to Rebelling

Vincent

Rodney's words sunk into my head after he spoke. He slept with Melanie? Honestly, I didn't know how to react. I wasn't jealous or angry. I just found it funny, honestly.

I was looking past him when he'd said that. But when I finally looked at him, I felt the need to laugh. I didn't want to do it in front of him because I know how offended he'd get. Unfortunately, holding back your laugh by biting your bottom lip does not work whatsoever. I busted into a heavy fit of laughter, thinking about the whole thing.

"Vincent, this is serious. What the fuck are you laughing for," Rodney hissed.

I held my stomach, feeling a sharp cramp in my abdomen. "Wow! Owe, owe, owe," I whined and laughed as I clutched my stomach.

"That's what you get," Rodney said jokingly as he crossed his arms.

After I calmed myself down, I sat up and crossed my arms over the table. "Fuck off. So, how did this all happen? You two hooking up," I asked interestedly.

"Wait, you're...not mad," Rodney asked, completely confused.

It was my turn to look confused. "No...Why would I be mad? I don't love Melanie. And now that it's a possibility that the baby she's carrying isn't mine, I can be rid of the shit she's putting me through," I explained nonchalantly. I can deal with Shadé's difficulty because I love her, but Melanie, she just gets me so mad.

"You don't love her," he asked.

"Hell no! Rod, I'm in love with Folashadé, the woman who is, for a fact, carrying my twins," I said with affection. Thinking about a family with her consumed my mind.

"You're having twins with her," he asked in shock.

"Yes, but I fear for them now...Do you love Melanie," I asked, changing the subject. I didn't feel like getting emotional in front of Rodney.

"...I don't know. I think I do. I feel jealous whenever she brings up having to go back to you. But, that's just me, I can be very possessive," he sighed.

I can be quite possessive, as well. Perhaps it's a trait we both gotten from Mathias.

"Hmm, so when did this fuck buddy relationship start," I asked, going back to my previous question.

"Well, it happened the night Malona invited me to spend a night at their estate. It was very uneventful; all we did was have dinner with her family and watch movies. Then, she unexpectedly fell asleep, which furthered my boredom. So I wondered around the estate until I ran into Melanie. She and I spoke for a long while as she offered wine to me. Next thing we knew, we were kissing and, well, kissing leads-" I cut him off.

"To fucking," I shouted. Wow, why am I so excited? "I can't wait to tell our parents about the backstabbing bitch! She's putting all this blame on me! No wonder why she kept telling me, 'you're half-assed during sex'. Well, bitch, it's because you're fucking my brother! I swear, if she tells me anything but, I might slap the shit out of her pretty ass face," I shouted, attracting attention from the few onlookers in the café.

"Vincent, settle down," Rodney reasoned.

"No! Hell no! What the fuck, I'm hungry and I'm mad as fuck," I said as something suddenly came to mind. "Rodney, you didn't use protection, did you?"

"No, I don't think so. It was unexpected," he replied.

I almost wanted to jump, cry, and sing for joy. "Rodney, this, besides finding out that my woman is having my babies, may just be the best news I've heard all year."

Rodney nervously laughed.

I stood up, feeling elevated...and hungry. "I'm hungry. Do you want anything to eat," I asked.

"Sure," he replied.

Just as I was approaching the exit door of the mess hall, Rodney grabbed my arm back. "Vince, where are you going?"

"I don't know, maybe to a Chinese restaurant. I'm very hungry," I stated the obvious as my stomach growled loudly. I'm a big man, 6'2 and 86 kilos of muscle. I need food.

"Leaving the hospital wouldn't be very wise," Rodney stated. "Excuse me, Miss, could you turn on the news channel," he asked turning to the girl behind the counter of the café. She nodded and switched on the television at the top right corner of the room. A woman was being interviewed.

"I think an interracial relationship in the Royal Family is perfectly fine. I don't know what the girl looks like, but mixed babies usually come out looking beautiful," the woman said, smiling. Her comment brought a slight grin to my face as well.

"I thought Prince Vincent was getting married to Melanie? What happened to her? Isn't she pregnant two," a man spoke.

"I heard the girl's water broke very early in her pregnancy. I don't know much about pregnancy, but I know that's not good. I hope the babies survive," another man said concernedly.

"They're going to have some gorgeous babies, especially if the girl is beautiful. I mean, have you seen the Prince!? He's hot as hell," a young woman said.

"And there you have it, England's reaction to a mixed couple in the Royal Family. So far, we haven't gotten word about how the Royal mistress is doing, but from what we can tell, she definitely has some supporters," the woman said as the camera revealed multiple people holding up supporting signs.

'Get well soon.'

'#Teammixedbabies.'

'Royally Interracial.'

England was on our side. It made me proud to know that the country was nothing like the Royal Family. Right then, I knew I didn't want to be a part of this family. Sure, we were rich and got whatever we wanted as we grew up. But, the moment you tell them you love someone that they disapprove of, they want to deprive you of your love and pry your hearts apart. But, because I love Shadé so much, I refuse to let that happen.

"Rodney...I don't care if the press is outside waiting for answers. If I have to give them answers, I'll give it to them, as long as I can eat," I said, turning around to leave.

"Vincent, wait! Are you seriously going to entertain all of this!? You've gone mad," Rodney persuaded.

"Rodney, it really doesn't bother me," I said approaching the lobby. The receptionist looked a bit frightened by the number of people standing outside the hospital. Hell, I kind of got intimidated by the mob of people outside.

"Whoa," I said.

"You're Majesty, I hope you weren't planning on just walking outside," the woman said.

"Do you still want to go outside," Rodney asked cockily.

"Yes."

"What," the receptionist and Rodney spoke simultaneously.

"It wouldn't be wise! You have no security with you," Rodney commented.

"I can handle myself, Rod. Besides, I want the world to know I love her," I said determinedly.

"Oh, this woman has you really going crazy," Rodney said, shaking his head.

He's damn right, but I don't care. I pulled out a few notes and handed it to him. "If you don't mind, could you go through the back exit? I'll call Troy-err-Harry, to meet you there."

"Who the hell is Harry," he interrogated.

"My new chauffeur. He's a tall guy with red hair. He's going to have my car, so you can't miss him. Do not leave the building unless you see him," I said sternly.

"Okay. Be careful out there," he warned before turning to leave.

"You're Highness," the receptionist said quietly, yet, loud enough for me to hear.

"It's fine. Unlock the door," I said, inhaling deeply, and then exhaling. I opened the door, and exited the hospital. Everyone's attention was on me as I was bombarded with flashing cameras, large mikes, and general questions.

"Your Highness, how old is she?"

"What do your parents thinks?"

"What is she having, Prince Vincent?"

I was getting frustrated. Maybe going out here and answering all these questions wasn't such a great idea. "Everyone, I can only answer one question at a time."

Suddenly, a petite brunette pushed her way to the front of the crowed. She shoved a microphone into my face, tempting me to smack it out of her hand.

"You're Highness, what happened to your fiancée, Lady Melanie Callahan," she asked determinedly.

Suddenly the crowd erupted into similar questions.

"Isn't she pregnant?"

"Are you breaking the engagement?"

"Is the new girl prettier than Melanie?"

I thought. Should I tell the world of Melanie's wrong-doings? Damn right I will!

"Lady Melanie is indeed pregnant, but there's a possibility she may not be carrying my child," as I said this, many people gasped. "Yes, she and I, we've cheated on one another, but it doesn't matter anymore. I'm in this hospital with the real woman who is carrying my children! The woman in this hospital is the one I love and wish to spend the rest of my life with! If there are any objections to our relationship, I can only tell you to fuck off. Mother, father, and the rest of my family, fuck all of you who disapprove of my family with Folashadé Hakim! I don't want to be a part of the Royal Family any longer!"

Everyone was quiet and wide eyed as they stared at me. I turned around and went back into the hospital. The receptionist quickly locked the doors.

"You're Highness," she said, stopping me in my tracks. I looked at her. "You did amazing out there. England is proud of you," she said as I stared at the clapping crowd outside.

I smiled. "Thank you, Miss," I said, continuing my way.

As I made my way to the pediatric ward, I noticed Shadé's brother, Ezra, was sitting outside her room.

"Excuse me, what happened with Folashadé while I was gone," I asked, sitting a chair away from him. I momentarily thought, if we were to fight, who would win? He seemed almost as big as I am and probably played American football.

He looked at me, quickly sizing me up in the process. "She wants to be alone right now," he said dismissively.

"Oh...Ezra, look I know you don't really approve of your sister and I having a family, but I really, really love her," I said. I don't know why, but I wanted to be in good graces with her brother.

"I ain't stopping you two from being together. You're the babies' daddy, so it's only right that you be there to help her through all of this," he said in a monotonous voice.

I nodded. "Of course. I want to go to the states with you two, as well," I said hopefully.

His eyes suddenly went wide. "Bruh, what you speaking of?"

"I want to live in America with her," I repeated, using different words.

He briefly laughed. "Nah, bruh, our apartment ain't big enough for you. I'm big, you're big, and two big niggas can't shit in the same toilet. There ain't gonna be no room for nothing. Shit, there's barely gonna be room when she brings the babies with her," he explained.

"Then you guys should move out," I suggested.

"My man, I don't think you're understanding me. We can't get the money to buy a big ass house. We ain't rich like y'all. Shadé won't be enjoying this luxury for long, I'm just saying," he elaborated.

I was silent as I stared longingly at her plain hospital room door.

"Bruh, the only thing you can do to help is be put on child support. You're a prince, you gotta stay here," he said patting my shoulder.

"I don't want to be on this 'child support'. I want to be with my family," I said, my face feeling hot.

He burst into a fit a laughter, bring a confused, heated look on my countenance. What the hell is so funny!?

"What's so funny!? I am serious!"

"You sound like a duck when you're mad," he laughed.

"This isn't funny, dammit," I said angrily.

"Vincent, I'm back," Rodney's voice said down the hall. He and Harry held bags of Chinese food.

"Who that is," Ezra asked from beside me as they approached us.

I stood up, still a bit upset about Ezra laughing at me. I don't sound like a fucking duck. "Ezra, this is Rodney, my brother," I said, gesturing to Rodney. "And this is Harry, my chauffeur," I introduced, gesturing to Harry. "Harry, Rodney, this is Ezra, Shadé's brother."

"What's good," he said with a brief lift of his palm.

"Nothing right now. Would you like to join us? We have Chinese food," Rodney offered.

"Okay. Y'all some cool ass peoples," he said as he stood up beside me. They all began to walk, until Rodney noticed my distance.

"Vincent, aren't you coming?"

"Yes, I'll meet you all in the café," I said. I opened the door to Shadé's room and peeped inside. She was sound asleep on her side, facing away from the door. Wires, cables, and tubes were attached to her, while machines surrounded her bed.

I stepped inside and made my way to her sleeping form. Her hair was still in its messy bun from this morning. I placed my palm over her forehead and caressed it with my thumb, planting a brief kiss on her temple. My hand, slid down her face, cupping her cheek.

"You're a fighter, Love; a very strong fighter. I love you so much, Folashadé," I said, kissing her gently on her dry lips.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

598K 29.5K 33
THIS IS THE ORIGINAL STORY OF THE PROVOCATIVE PRINCE Folashadé was just a 16 year old girl when she and her family unexpectedly moves to England. Unw...
139K 5.8K 36
The sequel to Alexander. Rosalie and Alexander's story continues, follow their lives as new parents and a great glimpse of their happily ever after.
312K 12.5K 64
"I'm pregnant with your child, Alex." Sophia was determined on convincing Alexander that besides her being pregnant, they couldn't work out. "And I...
2.5K 102 15
Life has change a lot, I finished university I got engaged and then married, and now I am a full time working member of my family. Life is going well...