The Dragon's Curse (A Hanzo X...

By KlaraRoman

There's more to Hanzo than just being a Shimada. And there's more to being a Shimada than just controlling... More

Author's Note
The Other Side of the Tale
It All Started With A Genji...
Hold Your Heart Down
The Wrong Teacup
When Honor Bites Like A Wolf (Pt. 2)
Anger (Pt. 1)
Anger (Pt. 2)
Plea
Satoshi the Little Bugger
McCree-san
Dance of the Masks
Starlight on the Holy River
Satoshi's Package
Light
A Second Try
Atrocity
Contest (Not Update lol)
The Room of the Lost
Beauty in Simplicity
Rest
Daruma
A Deal With the Devil
Stupid Cowboy
A Promise Breathes
Broken
He's Not All That Bad
The Clan Leader Rises
Realizing Power
The Chrysanthemum Returns
Taken
Rain
Lineage of the Sun
The Emperor Ships Things
For Old Time's Sake
Falling Out
Home
Forget Him
Y'all
The Black Death
Sealed Away
No Mere Lust
The Final Blow
At Last I See You Again
Sitting Ducks...
Addiction
The Cold War
Identity Theft
Y'all T-T
Unlikely Friendships
Much Ado About Genji's Kimono
That Time Hanzo Almost Killed Genji
Bargain
Planning for the Future
Back Home but Back Alone
Something Special
From the Shadows
Triggers
The Dead Returns
She Would Want You to Have This
Wedding
Vows (NSFW)
Reflections (Still NSFW)
Ruse
A Lover's Betrayal
The Devil with Angel Wings

When Honor Bites Like A Wolf (Pt. 1)

6.7K 286 185
By KlaraRoman

Hey guys! Here's the next part, and I just want to say that I appreciate the handful of you who have shown support on this story. Thanks for the reads, and thanks for having my back. Each star, each comment makes my day so yeah. I really do appreciate it a lot.

Don't forget to enjoy and vote, loves!  :*

Your palms glided over the expanse of Hanzo's broad shoulders to smooth the creases of his black montsuki that have formed there.
Trailing your eyes down the loose sleeves, you dusted any unsightly blemishes that might dull the shine of the intricate golden patterns circling along the cuffs. It would be such a shame if one paid more attention on the halfcoat's flaws rather than on the craftsmanship some tailor clearly put a lot of effort in.

Next, you pinched at each unbridled edge of the robe and dragged your fingers down where it ended just below the knees. The cloth resembled linen: strong, cool, and elegant, but without the natural luster.

Everything seemed to be in place, but just to make sure, you lifted your head once more and centered your focus on the mon emblazoned upon his upper chest. The sewn circle displayed the notable symbol of the Shimada family: the two dragons in an endless loop of gaining on the other. Whether it was for power, wealth, or the mere heck of it, you didn't really know. Hell, it had been the symbol for so long you doubted even Hanzo's father grasped its true meaning.

"There you go, Lord Hanzo," you huffed out, wiping the sheen of sweat that has formed on your brow. "You're ready to face the delegates. I am confident that you'll pull through, although I'm not sure I could say the same for your brother."

"Trust me," Hanzo chuckled, observing your delicate hands tend to such a commanding outfit. "He may appear laid-back and reckless, but there's more to him than that. He's a good man--almost equal in skill as I am."

You ran the pad of your fingers over the crest and sighed, a small smile reflecting your pride on your workmanship.

"I know your brother is a good man, Lord Hanzo," you muttered, the grin on your face never fleeing. "To be honest, now I see why women flock around him. A part of his personality really is quite...appealing. Plus, he's easy on the eyes."

The man's brows furrowed, and the orbs once staring at you with interest nearly shrunk into slits.

"Oh?" Hanzo asked, trying his hardest to sound aloof. "So in other words, you mean to say that you find him handsome?"

"Yes," you replied, still not catching on the shift in the atmosphere, or rather his face. "He is rather...physically endowed as well."

"With the way you're talking, I have reason to suspect you're involved in ...romantic affiliations with Genji?"

In a flurry of excitement and fluster, your fingers dug at the montsuki, and seeing the new wrinkles taking shape underneath your vice grip did nothing but tighten the claws that took hold of your heart.

"N-No, Lord Hanzo!" you stammered helplessly, levelling the black fabric with desperate, clammy hands. "Of course not! Your brother is just a friend and my superior--honest!"

"For your sake, I hope so too." His tone held taints of suspicion and petulance at your less than graceful answer. It almost sounded like he didn't buy it.

But it's true! I don't have any romantic feelings for Genji.

"Anyway," he sighed, "I should make my way down now. Father is bound to be in the meeting halls any minute."

"Wait, Lord Hanzo!" you called out as he slid his quarter's screens open. "Don't forget your sensu!"

You grabbed the blue ornate folding fan lying on his low wooden table and shoved it into his hand. You looked up and smiled at him, encasing his fist in your two palms.

"I know you'll do great, Lord Hanzo," you sighed. "I wish you luck on your meeting. I know how important this is for you."

Looking down at where you held him, a light pink dusted his sharp cheeks as the skin tingled the longer you gripped at it. He was at loss for words, not having expected such a gesture on your part when you seemed so set on avoiding him as much as you could.

"Thank you," he said. "I'll keep that in mind."

At last he turned his back on you, treaded out the shoji screens, and disappeared from sight. In your solidarity, you figured on fixing his room while you were at it--even if there was nearly nothing to clean up--for the sake of getting that chance kiss out of your head!

First day of the job. So far, so good.

***

The meeting hall was a wide room adorned with dim, somber lighting, tall ancestral vases, young brown bamboo shoots, expensive carpets, and a wide square table with a sleek black surface and superfluous, stubby legs.

A handful of servants poured in through the entrance and adorned the elegant table with scented candles and an array of drinks: from water, to coffee, to soda, to sake, to the traditional green tea.
The silk cushions were set for the visitors to sit on, and it wasn't long before the aroma of natural herbs and cherry blossoms wafted about the place.

Sojiro Shimada took his place on the far right side of the room, and beside him were two cushions meant for none other than his two sons: Hanzo and Genji.

"Father," a deep voice came from the doorway. "I hope I'm not late."

The aging man referred to him with dull brown eyes and gestured for his son to come, patting at the unoccupied cushion by his side.

"On the contrary, it seems as though you're a little too early. Where's your brother?"

Just as Hanzo opened his mouth to speak, a taller figure stepped inside the serene atmosphere, also clad in a black montsuki with bright green motifs adorning the hem and the cuffs. It matched his spiky hair and reflected the brightness of his bombastic personality.

"Ah Genji, my son. You made it on time."

"Genji, I thought I told you to get rid of that hair color and that stupid band," Hanzo huffed with a snarl. "It's juvenile and unprofessional."

"You mean unique and fun? Hell yeah! And for the record, there's no way I'm ever removing this sick green shade or this band from my hair."

Sojiro noticed his older son charging forward and placed a hand on his chest to impede his explosive attempt.

"You're being impulsive again, Hanzo." Was all that the man had to say.

But father, he's being a dick.

"But father," the heir started, suppressing the inappropriate reply in his head. "I'm just trying to maintain the well-being of this transaction; Genji's disruptive behavior might cost us what could be millions of dollars worth of firearms. He clearly shows no regard for his actions and shows no interest in the benefit of the clan."

Genji was taken aback, his chest bruised by the harsh words. Sure he might not care so much for the clan as his older brother does, but the way Hanzo put it made him sound like an insensitive, selfish person who couldn't care less for anyone but himself. It got on his nerves.

It was his turn to charge forward, to which their father, again, resisted with a frail palm.

"Sparrow." The nickname rang in the young man's ears despite its soft, hushed nature. "No need to let emotions get the better of you. Control it--both of you."

He turned his head back to his younger son and gripped at his shoulder. "You're brother is only looking out for you, Genji. Don't be mad at him. I know you can be as great a leader as he will be someday. All you need is focus."

The lad looked to the side as he bit his lip, and the hand on his shoulder slid away like mist.

"And you Hanzo," the clan leader continued, to which his son humbly bowed to. "It's just hair. The essence of a true leader resides in his mind and abilities. You both grew up believing different things, and now it shows. I know your brother is more than capable in the things that you do. So for the sake of everyone around here, you have to put some trust in him too."

Hanzo grunted in disdain, his head still hung low. "As you wish, father."

"I'm glad so. Now I better not see any more of this later on in the meeting, or I'm going to have to deliver the proper punishments. Do I make myself clear?"

The two brothers nodded, hiding their glares in the shadow cast over their brows.

"Yes, father."

Sojiro nodded, content in their accord despite its deliberate ambiguity. His wrinkled features then brightness as he cast his eyes on the green-haired man.

"Sparrow, I suppose you're excited about this meeting?"

Genji's face scrunched up in bewilderment. "Not really. More like I'm forced to be here or I'll ruin the family picture."

Why in the world would dad think I'd enjoy sitting in a room with old people for hours?

"But I thought you were very good friends with that Kujiro boy."

"Yeah we are." The young man shrugged his shoulders. "But what does it matter now?"

"Haven't you heard that his family is the one we'll be doing transactions with?" Sojiro inquired, a knowing grin spreading on his senior face the moment he saw a glint of realization in his son's brown eyes. "You know, the renowned Hanazawa clan?"

At this point, Genji's eyes had widened like saucers, and he gave his brother a playful punch on the shoulder that still held a tinge of force.

"What was that for?" Hanzo asked in annoyance, rubbing at the area where he hit.

"You could have told me Kujiro's family was coming!" the lad exclaimed, a wave of euphoria washing over his chest. Finally, the odds were turning into his favor!

"I did," the heir hissed. "As usual, you didn't listen."

"Whatever." Genji rolled his eyes as he twirled his matching green sensu around an index finger.

"The delegates should be here any moment. My sons, put your best feet forward and remember to try and get as much information as you could off them."

***

After a few more minutes of waiting, and a few cups of tea on Sojiro's part, Shuri Nakagawa guided a herd of suited men wearing sunglasses and earpieces into the somber room. Never ceasing their surveillance on the place, they stood sentry by the entryway, where three more figures appeared in to the scene.

"Hanazawa-san."

"Shimada-sama."

The two clan leaders greeted each other with wide smiles and firm handshakes. Hanzo and Genji soon took part in the formalities, but once the young man caught sight of who a figure appearing Mr. Hanazawa, his composure nearly flew of the window.

"Kujiro, dude!"

The other male's face mirrored his friend's. "Genji, oh man it's so great to see you!"

The two men pumped their fists together, which earned them an incredulous twitch of Hanzo's eye.

Dude?

Fist pumps?

This is a formal event with decorous standards--not some back-alley ramen shop!

His scarred fist curled around his folding fan, and for the first time, the heir doubted he could keep himself from yelling up at Genji's face once this entire assembly has come to its end. If only his father hadn't forbid it.

"Shimada-san, it's been so long since we've had engagements like these. And yet, after all these years, you still prove to be one of our best affiliates."

Though his face didn't betray him, there was evidence of fluster and pride in Sojiro's brown eyes. "I'm glad to hear so. I make sure our clan is as reliable and efficient as when my forefathers first started this empire centuries ago."

"I also see that you and Lady Miwako have raised very fine children," Mr. Hanazawa continued, his eyes skimming over the two brothers from head to toe. "I'm still sorry for your loss."

"Thank you, Akira. Now, why don't we begin this meeting."

As Genji anticipated, the interactions between the two clans were bland and boring and the only things he has picked up were "firearms...bla, bla, bla...bribing the shipping industries, bla, bla, bla...more firearms". It only became bearable because Kujiro was here, and for that, he thanked the gods. Hanzo hasn't been breathing down his neck in the entire duration like he always does, too busy asking and answering questions to notice the snickers he and Kujiro shared.

An hour had elapsed, and the elders of both clans became slightly perturbed at the lack of green tea on the table. Upon the head Shimada's command, Shuri Nakagawa headed out to call for more of the staff to deliver the visitor's needs.

What the two brothers hadn't expected though was that you would show up as one of the servants to help with the catering of the ceremony.

Kujiro's brown eyes were intent on your form, and he patted his friend on the arm before jerking his head up and pointing to where you tended to some of the delegates.

"Say, you see that servant girl over there?"

Genji's gaze followed where his companion's were. "Oh, you mean (Y/N)?" he asked. "What about her?"

"I was just wondering--" Kujiro licked his bottom lip as he watched you serve tea to the elders of his clan.

"How much does she cost?"

Kujiro, you butt. Anyhow, I hope you guys enjoyed it and don't forget to leave a vote and comment. Tune in for the next part, loves!  :*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.1K 601 23
A love story of an American cowboy with a robotic named Jesse McCree and a Japanese Samurai with a bow Named Hanzo Shimada I wrote this because There...
21.6K 688 23
18+ Young to older Hanzo and McCree Hanzo is visiting Genji in Watchpoint: Gibraltar for a short time and meets everyone. Well, he has met everyone e...
65.2K 1.9K 16
A story that has Hanzo, nothing more, nothing less.
3.2K 116 20
This fanfic will take you on an adventure through the world of Overwatch, but there will be some interruptions during their journey. Each day will ha...