Eleanor Snape- Book 5, Part 2

بواسطة elvissparrow

The last book in the Eleanor Snape Series. Follow Eleanor as she copes with the outcome of the Second Wizardi... المزيد

Alive
Discussing My Well Being
Speaking Up
Being Diagnosed
My First Violent Outburst
Tearing a Family Appart
Strangers
I Find Humour
Mood Swings
Oh, Fuchs!
Planning to Move Forward
My New Normal
I Don't Like Questions
Remembering the Worst
Absolute Panic
Ivy Winters
Star Gazing
So Close...
The Most Beautiful Thing Anyone has Even Told Me
To Have a Mother
Gilderoy Can Make Even the Most Sophisticated Woman Act Like a School Girl
Cakes and Sparklers
Kind of Home
An Unexpected Visit
An Unexpected Relationship
Goodbye
Lucius Gets Angry
Separation Anxiety
A Day at the Apothecary
The Devil's Bird
Meeting the Mud-Lover
An Agreement
Evaluating
The Christmas Curse
Tightening Relationships
The Best Present I Could Ask For
I Can't Remember
Christmas on the Psychiatric Ward
Gifts and Giving
Covering Up
Snape: Scoundrel or Saint?
The Boy Who Lived
What?
A Picture's Worth A Thousand Words
Healer Green's Surprise
Healer Phillips
Getting Caught
Operation Crack the Yankee
Betrayal
The Worst (Or Best) Group Session Ever
A Promise to Healer Green
He Comes Back
Late Night Ideas
I Am "Rewarded"
Gilderoy's Episode
We Kick Chase Out of The Group
"Excitement"
Bargaining
I Anger the Group
Lucius's Surprise
Talks of Father
Conflicted Feelings
Talks of the Wedding
Don't Forget to Write
Narcissa's Realization
Intervention
Our First Group Activity
Explaining What's Crooked
Wimping Out
I Really Hate the Press
Asking for Awkward Solutions
Beauty is a Lot of Work
In Sickness and In Health
The Orange Wedding
The Morning After Bliss
The First Fight
Consequences
Options
Healer Kasigawa
And Now There's Four
A Talk By the Lake
Not the Wanted Reaction
Ivy's Return
Fear Arises
Considering Names
Busting Watermelons
Sarah Beth Drops By
Panic and Pain
Feelings of the Father
Sleep
Hysterics and Racing Thoughts
Going Back to the Psychiatric Ward
"Emotional Attachment"
A Realisation
I Can End It All
Help
The Suicide Ward
Emotional Changes
Sleep Troubles
An Absurd Idea
Our Second Group Activity
A Manic Episode
My First Attempt
Going Home Again
Narcissa and Lucius Consider My Happiness
The Train There
Albergo Stadio Nel Cielo
Navigating Italy
My Real Gondola Ride
Returning Home
Guilt
Our Third Group Activity
Chase's House
Pushing Myself Furthe
Admitting Mistakes
Epilogue
Author's Note
Fun Facts and Q&A
Author's Note Part 2
CONTEST INFORMATION: PLEASE READ
CONTEST WINNER
Brother's Malfoy

"Miracle"

585 14 3
بواسطة elvissparrow

That was it" it was gone. All of it was over.

After a while on the cold, white tiles of my bathroom floor, they finally transported me to St. Mungo's. I was too delosional to know waht was going on then. I was in too much pain to think, and the Healers were in too much of a hurry to explain, anyway.

They admitted me into the Intensive Care Unit, cleaned me off, adn dressed me in a white gown. Then, they gave me a big vial of green liquid to drink. This took the pain away, and cleared my mind enough to finally think. 

I remembered the bundle the second Healer had taken out of the room after what felt like an enterinty of pushing. It wasn't until now that I realised what it had been. 

I looked up at teh Healer who was taking my pulse and writing something down on a clipboard. 

"W-Where's the baby?" I asked. As silly as it was, I had a peck of hope that it was alive and well, even though it was only five monthes developed. I had heard stories about woman having babies early and the child living. Maybe I was lucky enough for that to happen to me. Maybe Draco was with it right now, holding it's small, weak body in his arms while I couldn't. 

But I could tell by the Healer's face that this wasn't the case. My lips turned down in an apparent frown as I egan to cry. 

"I'm sorry, Miss... Your child was still born."

"What?"

"It dies inside you. It was born decseased." HE explained. I covered my mouth, trying to hold back sobs. "Look at it this way: atleast it didn't have to suffer. And it's a miracle you survived, Miss. You have a rip in your uterus. As it expanded, it just bursted open. If we would ahve waited a moment sooner, you would have died. You have lost a lot of blood. But we healed it, and you will be very weak the next few days."

A miracle? 

This was not a miracle. This was a cruel joke fate had already played on me once. I lost something I loved and I was kept alive when I should have been dead. Just like with Uncle Severus, Scabior, and Vincent. IT was like life was trying to tourture me.

"You lost an aweful lot of blood, Miss" The man said again. "That's how we knew something was wrong. When your water breaks, there shouldn't be any blood in it." 

When a person's lost as much as I had, they shouldn't have another life taken away from her...

"Your caretakers are here, though. They want to see you. Your a psych patiant so they can come in and out when they want, unless we tell them they can't. But is it okay that they come in?"

"They're my Mum and Dad..." I sniffed. I wasn't sure why I wanted to tell him that, but I felt I needed to. He nodded.

"Very well. I'll send them in." The Healer nodded again and went ou teh door. a moment later, Lucius and Narcissa entered. Narcissa's eyes were puffy and red. Lucius had a pained look on his face.

"How do you feel?" He asked. INstead of replying,  just shook my head no. He stopped at my esdide and tookk my hand .I jerked it away.

"Where's Draco?" I quietly questioned. Lucius pressed his lips together befor replying.

"He's at home. We'll be here in a bit. Does anything hurt?"

"Uh-huh...' I nodded, tyring to see through my tears. 

"What?"

"Uh... down... there...." I looked down, swollowing.

"L-Lucius?" Narcissa cleared her throat. He lookeda t her. "I think you should go check on Draco."

"Alright." Lucius looked back at me. "I will come back later." He leaned over to kiss my forhead, but I jerked away. I didn't want touched. Now was no time to show affection. He looked at me a moment, then stood up straight. I wimpered. "I'll be right back." He repeated. "I promise."

"He walked away, looked back at me one last time, The Disapparated. I slid down and closed my eyes. My hips hurt so bad. Everything hurt so badly. 

Narcissa came over to me and pulled up a chair to sit beside the bed. She stroked my cheek, making me stiffen.

"I'm so sorry, Elle. I know you were really excited." She took a hanky from her pocket and wiped my tears.

"W-was it a boy or a girl?" I wispered. A chill went up my spin, making me shiver. Narcissa looked down for a couple moments, before looking back up.

"A girl." Her chin began to quiver, and her voice sounded strained; she was going to cry. 

I covered my face, breaking down. That made it real. The baby was a girl, or would have been. My sweet, beautiful baby girl. My beautiful baby that didn't ahve a chance because I loved it and everything I loved died. I was a jinx. This never was suppose to happen. It was just a baby. It didn't even live .IT never did anything to deserve that . Her life was over before she even had a chance to live it. All because of me.

All because of me and my stupid body. 

Narcissa watched me cry, then strated crying herself. She moved to teh bed, then wrapped her arms around me. 

We cried together: We sobbed. 

My body took Narcissa's grandchild away. Her granddaughter. 

A thousand thoughts at once all bounced around my head, like a bouncing ball in a tiny space. They echoed like an empty stage. 

An empty room.

An empty nursery. 

Empty hopes.

Empty craddles.

Empty 

Empty

Empty

EMPTY

"Mrs. Malfoy?" The door opened. I didn't take my face out of Narcissa's neck. She looked up.

"Yes?"

"How is she?" Healer Phillips walked over to use and stopped at the bedside. I ignored him and kept sobbing.

Her name would have been Scabior Severus. She would have been blonde, like Draco. Pretty, cute. When she went to Hogwarts, everyone would have liked her. We would have given her eveyrhting she wanted: The childhood I never had. She would have been talented and smart and good at potions, just like her Great Uncle Severus. And....

"I think you know the answer to that." Narcissa dryly said. Healer Phillips was quiet for a moment.

"I'm sorry. I will give you a few days by yourselves. I was just stopping by to give her this." He took a big vial of blue liquid from his pocket and held it out. "But I have to see her take it, just to make sure she did. It's hospital policy. With her history, a fit of hysteria is possible."

"Okay." Narcissa sighed, then turned her attention to me. "Elle, you have to take this." 

And Draco: Poor, poor Draco. He had been so excited to ve having a kid of his own. And Gregory. Sarah Beth was excited, too. She wanted a baby shower....And I had all of those booties I had knitted. All of them going to waste now. Going to waste like the nursery. Going to waste like everything. Like my life. 

Was this even a life? 

I ignored her as these thoughts continued to race. I covered my eyes, getting frusterated. I wanted my mind to clear, and my thoughts to be calm, or atleast come one at a time. 

"Eleanor, please. Take this." Narcissa reached over and took the vial. I leaned off of her, and, with my eyes closed, put my face ontop of her head. I shook my head no a couple times.

"Stooooopppp." I groaned, not realising I was speaking out loud. "Shut up!" 

"Who are you talking to, Mrs. Malfoy?" Healer Phillips calmly asked. I didn't hear him. 

"Stop it!" I cried out.

"Elle?" Narcissa tried. "Elle? Elle!" She finally pulled my head up and my hands away. My eyes snapped open, and all the racing thoughts went away. It was just my own thoughts, one clear, neat message instead of a jumbled mess. I looked at her for a minute or two in relieved confusion, before letting a small, sobbing sound escape from my throat. 

"Can you hear me, Mrs. Malfoy?" Healer Phillips asked. I looked over at him, then slowly nodded my head yes. "Can you be good and take this for me, please?" I continued to stay quiet for a few more seconds, then nodded again, slower than before. 

"Good." Narcissa took the cork out of the vial and held it to my lips. "Come on, drink it up. It will..." She hesitated. "Make you feel better." 

I did as she asked, although I knew that was a lie. Now that my beautiful baby was gone, they were going to start my Combinations regurally again, although I didn't need it. I wasn't crazy. I didn't need it. 

I wasn't crazy.

I began to choke on it, so I spit half of it out. Narcissa gasped, but then got a hold of herself and used the hanky from before to wipe off my chin. I began to sob again.

"It's okay. Shh, look at me, Elle. Just drink the rest of it." She put the vial back to my lips. It took me a wile, but I drank the rest of it. She handed the empty vial back to Healer Phillips.

"Thank you." He nodded. "I will send more tonight, as well as in the morning tommorrow and the rest of the day. You are very hurt, so this brew will make you very tired."

"Okay. Thank you." Narcissa said, but her tone sounded a little annoyed.

"I will come back to check on you later. Goodbye." And Healer Phillips left. 

I cried some more, and then laid down and closed my eyes. After ten minutes or so, my tears and breathing had slowed. Anxiety was still pressing at my chest, but at this point I was too tired to care. I put my head on the pillow, with my eyes closed. 

As I did thiis, I heard Narcissa begin to cry again. I bit my lip, but said nothing. 

She continued for I wasn't sure how long. She was finally interupted by the door opening. I heard footsteps, and the door close.

"Where is Draco?" Narcissa sniffed. Her voice was scratchy from crying.

"He's still at home. I can't get him to come." It was Lucius.

"How is he taking it."

"He's been staring at those bloody sheets for hours now. He's heart broken."

"We all are. But we can't let Elle know. I think she's still in shock. When what has happened really sets in, it's going to hit her hard." 

They thought I was asleep, but I practically was. I was too exhausted to move, but I was still concious enough to listen. 

"I know."

"They've already put her back onto her Combinations." 

"Already? That quick?"

"Yes."

They wer both silent. 

"I just hope Draco will come see her. If he doesn't come soon, it will hurt her even worse." Lucius finally said. 

"I know."

They were quiet again. After some time, Lucius broke the silence again.

"What they need right now is each other." 

"Yes." Narcissa said in agreemet. 

A sob caught in my chest, but I was too tired for it to escape. The pain of the stuck sob and the anxiety combined, making it hard to breath, but I was so under becaues of the Combination I couldn't bring myself to move to fix it.  So instead I just laid there until I fell asleep.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

1M 54.8K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
246K 6.1K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
6.7K 142 17
Isn't it every girls dream to become a fashion designer or something like that?... Well not for Kenzie, she wants to become one of the best female so...
39.4K 946 22
"I stopped sipping my tea and looked at him in a way of saying you have my full attention. "When you weren't there," He started "it was like the pod...