Moving To California (a Green...

By ilikebandfics

Alice and her mum move to California from London, she starts at Piedmont High and she makes friends with Jako... More

Moving To California (a Green Day, Emily's Army and My Chemical Romance Fan Fic)
New Friends
The Adventures
The Armstrong's House
Friday!
Nightlife
Day Out
Digital Drugs
Camping
The Light Behind Your Eyes
State Of Shock
Party Poison
Give 'Em Hell Kid
Pizza Party
Do I Like Her?
Castaway
Home Sweet Home
Action Cat

Starting School

514 10 3
By ilikebandfics

I woke up bright and early. I took my hair out of plaits and it was nice and wavy, I let my fringe fall over my forehead and ran over to my wardrobe.

I stuck on my top which is the same as Billie Joe's 'Stupid' one with an arrow pointing up. Wow I could've been a girl version of him, blue hair, stupid top...

Anyway, I put on my black skinny jeans and my burgandy Doc Martens. I then quickly put on some eyeliner, mascara and eyeshadow and ran to get some breakfast.

"You excited?" My mum questioned.

"Kinda, I hope it's not like England"

"It won't be, you'll enjoy it" she said smiling whilst I poured myself some cereals, "you might meet some musicians"

"I hope so, might even meet a hot musician..."

"Hey, not on your first day Miss"

"Haha sorry mum, but hey, it's going to be fun.. I hope"

"It will be, trust me, you look lovely today by the way"

"Thanks mum, I best go get my school bag"

I scoffed the rest of my cereals and ran to my room to grab my school bag. It was a black side bag and had 'The Clash' on it. I was in love with it! One last check in the mirror and I ran back into the kitchen, I grabbed a glass of water and headed for the car where my mum was waiting for me.

"You ready kid?"

"Ready" I said smiling at her.

We drove towards the school, Piedmont High. In the car, my mum had 'Dookie' in the CD player, so we both just sang the whole way. Before I knew it, we were there. It looked like quite a big school, but apparently there weren't many students there. My mum parked up and walked me into the reception.

"Ah, you must be Alice Ashby. My name is Katherine and I will be answering any questions you may have or anything you need help with!"

Katherine seemed so lovely and kind, she must've been the receptionist. The reception was massive, there was a glass section in which a large wooden desk with a computer on it was behind. There was also a staircase going up to where the staff room must've been as there was a sign at the bottom saying 'STAFF ONLY'.

A boy who looked about my age, with black flippy hair kind of like Billie-Joe's when it's long, walked down the stairs. He was wearing a 'The Rolling Stones' t-shirt and black skinny jeans. He was quite hot.

"Mrs Carlile, you do not have to stay if you wish"

"Thankyou very much Katherine, have a good day sweetie!"

"Bye mum"

"Please excuse me one minute Alice"

Katherine quickly ran over to the guy walking down the stairs, with my timetable in her hand.

After a few minutes, they both walked over to me.

"Alice, this is Matt, he is in all of your lessons other than the off few and he has said he will walk you around, is that okay?"

"That's fine, thankyou Katherine!" I said excitedly. I felt so different since I was British and they were American... Katherine handed me my timetable.

"Have a great day Alice, I'm here if you need anything!"

"Thankyou!"

"Let's get to home room, we've got about 10 minutes to get there so I'll show you round" a deep voice came from beside me, he was even hotter, and nice. He seemed very caring too.

"Thankyou Matt, see you later Katherine!"

Matt and I walked out the doors towards to main building of the school.

"So where abouts you from?" Matt asked.

"London, England"

"Ah I see, I've always wanted to go there"

"You don't, trust me" I laughed to myself.

"Oh really? That's a shame, I was hoping I could join you next time you go back for a bit"

"Maybe sometime, I didn't really, well fit in there" I said shrugging.

"I'm sorry about that, but hey you're cool already. I love your hair and your bag!"

"Haha thanks, I love your top and your lip piercing"

"Thanks, who's your favourite band?"

"Hmm... Green Day or The Clash. Yours?"

"I like Green Day, Billie-Joe's son is in our home room. My favourite band is probably The Stones, I also really like The Clash and The Ramones too"

"That's so cool" his words 'Billie-Joe's son is in our home room' ran in circles around my head... Jakob or Joey?! I had to try stop myself from fangirling.

"Where abouts around here do you live?"

"Avenue Street, you?"

"Parkway Drive, just around the corner from you. Wanna hang out sometime?"

"I'd love too!"

"Sweet, I'll take you to Hot Topic and the local Record Store" he said smiling at me, he was really cool.

"Oh god..." He mumbled, a short boy with black hair, a lip piercing and red eyeliner on came running up to Matt. Matt was quite tall, I was only 5ft 8, as Matt was probably 5ft 11. This boy must've been about 5ft 5.

"Maaaaaatttttttttttt" the guy threw himself into Matt giving him a big hug.

"Hey Frankie" Matt said and the boy I assumed was called Frank, let go of Matt.

"Who's this?" Frank asked looking up at me.

"This is Alice, she's new here from London, Alice this is Frank, he's in our maths, English, history and geography class"

"Hey Frank" I said smiling.

"Alice.. I like that name" Frank said smiling sweetly, as he suddenly hugged me.

The three of us walked towards mine and Matt's home room as Frank asked me so many questions like 'why is your hair blue?' 'why does your top say stupid?' 'who's your favourite bands?' It was funny.

"Bye Frankie" Matt and I said at the same time whilst walking into home room.

"This is Mrs G"

"Ooh you must be Alice! Thankyou for showing her around Matt! I'm Mrs G, since you're new and you and Matt are friends, would you two like to sit at the back in the middle two seats?"

"Thankyou Mrs G, please may I have a note to say that I'm looking after Alice and that I should sit next to her in our lessons?"

"Oh if you must" Mrs G said laughing, she seemed very nice.

"Lovely to meet you Alice, I'll be here if you need any help with anything, homework, getting around, gossips, anything at all!"

"Thankyou so much" I said smiling at her.

Matt and I walked to our new seats, a guy around the same height as me came and sat next to me, he had just above shoulder length hair, a very pale face and red eyeliner on.

"Hey Gerard" Matt said smiling at the guy who I assumed was called Gerard.

"Hey Matt.. Urh... Don't mean to seem rude, but, um, who are you?" He said looking at me.

"I'm Alice"

"Ah I see, well I'm Gerard, nice to meet you" he said more comfortably this time.

"Gerard is my best friend, as is Frank, and now you too" Matt said smiling, "I think Alice and I might go to the record store sometime, you wanna come with Gerard?"

"Sure" Gerard said smiling, "I like your bag"

"Thanks"

The three of us spoke for a bit as our home room filled up, I got some odd looks since no one knew I was joining, it turns out Gerard is in every single one of my classes, thankfully. I still hadn't seen either Jakob or Joey, I guess it will be Jakob since I'm the same age as him.

"Okay guys, I need to check you're all here so quiet for a few minutes please"

Mrs G read out the register. She called us by our last names when she checked the register, so she only said 'Armstrong' but whoever 'Armstrong' was, wasn't in the class at the time, and neither was 'Becker'.

"So class, as you may have noticed, we have a new student with us here at Piedmont. I'd like to introduce you all to Alice, who is from England"

Everyone turned to look at me, I felt uncomfortable and Gerard could tell this so he placed his hand gently ontop of mine.

"Since we have a new student you can al-"

The noise of the door opening interrupted Mrs G.

"Jakob. Cade. Why are you late.. Again?!" Her friendly tone seemed sharp and angry this time.

"Uhh, had to go sort something out" Cade said whilst trying to make an excuse.

"Not good enough, go and sit in your seats, now."

Gerard removed his hand from mine as Jakob Armstrong, yes JAKOB ARMSTRONG THE GUY I RAN INTO JUST YESTERDAY!! went and sat in the empty seat next to him.

"Gerard"

"Jakob"

There seemed to be tension between them, I felt awkward because I had always loved Jakob, ever since I've loved Green Day, and right now, I'm pretty much dressed like his dad did when he was our age, oh god...

"Who's this?" Jakob said pointing to me.

"Alice, Alice this is Jakob"

"Uhh, hi" I said shyly, I can't believe what happened yesterday. Mrs G carried on talking about the usual routine at Piedmont etc, I occasionally noticed Jakob looking at me, maybe he recognised me from the running incident. I hope not!!

When Mrs G had stopped talking, she said we still had 5 minutes till lesson so she let us talk amongst ourselves.

"Urr, Alice?" Jakob awkwardly said.

"Yeah?"

"Can I have a look at your timetable?"

"Sure" I got it out of my pocket and handed it to Jakob.

Gerard and Matt were an in-depth conversation about a Comicon coming up.

"You're doing music? You play an instrument?"

"Urh, yeah..."

"Aw cool what do you play?"

"Uhm, well, I, urm, a bit of piano, a bit of guitar and bass, a bit of drums and a bit of saxophone"

"That's so cool, I play bass and guitar too"

"I'm not any good, I just enjoy playing them" I said whilst shrugging.

"It looks like you're in most of my lessons, need any help walking round?"

"Urh, sure if that's okay? I think Matt and Gerard are gonna help me too"

"That's cool, welcome to Piedmont" he said politely whilst handing me back my timetable. The bell rang and it was time to go to my first lesson, English, which thankfully, Matt, Gerard and Jakob were in. I felt all weird around Jakob, I'm not sure if I was embarassed, scared, or in love. It sounds stupid, but it's amazing what having a favourite band with a son your age can do to you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.6K 511 22
Diane got tickets to her favorite band ever, Green Day. She intends just to see a show, but is that all that really happens?
1.3K 15 26
Alex moved with her family to LA.... she was in the 10th grade and her sister Mia in her last year of high school......one day they went to see a boy...
1.5K 43 28
~ COMPLETED ~ Joey Armstrong meets a girl at a gig in 2014 while his band Emily's Army is performing and falls in love immediately does she do the s...
23.6K 766 15
**Updated** When (Y/n) meets Billie Joe, she's just a lonely girl who needs a friend and Billie Joe vows to be there for her no matter but before the...