The Alpha's Little Nerd

By MyColdCorpse

"She's my mate!" Zane yelled causing both the man and I to widen our eyes. Mate? Is Zane Australian? "No. Th... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Ninteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Nine
Fifty

Forty Eight

6K 187 16
By MyColdCorpse

~Devina's POV~

"Zane," My breathing quickened as a bad feeling in my stomach doubled.

"Don't worry. He's not going to hurt you. I won't let him hurt you." He pulled me into his bare arms and kissed my forehead. "He knows where you live though, there's no way he doesn't. We need to go somewhere safer." He softly spoke, leaning back a little. "Is that okay?"

"I can't miss my classes, it's basically just throwing money away."

"You don't need to worry about money." I scoffed at this, money has never been a carefree thing for me.

"Zane I'm a part-time waitress getting paid minimum wage at some restaurant downtown, I still have to pay for rent and bills. Along with college. I do too need to worry about college." Zane sucked in a deep breath and scowled at me. "Plus gas," I added making him finally snap.

"Devina I own half of this fucking town! Money isn't an issue for me or you! You're with me. In fact, here," He reached into his pocket and pulled out his wallet, I stepped back and shook my head. He slid out a credit card with my name on it and held it out for me to take.

"I'm not taking your money, Zane. In fact, I'm working to pay you back for the whole college thing." He moved the card closer to me.

"Take the damn card, Devina, there isn't even that much money on it. And you sure as hell aren't paying me back. I won't let you."

"How much?" I asked, knowing for sure that his idea of little is way different than mine when it comes to money.

"A million. Now just take it." My eyes bulged as I looked down at his hand.

"You're holding a million dollars right now?" I whispered, afraid someone might hear me and steal it. I know. A little dramatic, but I've never been around this much money.

"Devina, Baby, please just take it." He moved it even closer to me, even the card looked expensive. It looked like a mirror with raised letters and numbers on it. "It'll make me happy." And that's the thing about the mate bond. Those simple words, or even a variation of it, makes the other happy. That's the only goal you wish to achieve, at least that's how Zane explained it to me.

"I'm not using it unless I have to." I huffed out, grabbing the card and carefully holding it.

"Don't worry, you won't have to. I'm taking you shopping today by the way. I bought a new apartment, a more secure one. We need to furnish it." I sucked in a deep breath and glared at him.

"In other words, it's nicer than this one." He grinned and kissed my lips.

"It is, but it's safer too. And it's on the beach." I nodded and smirked.

"So how far will you be away from me? How far away are you going to be living?" I innocently asked making him raise his eyebrow.

"A few feet. Tops." I rolled my eyes. "Nice try Sunshine." He kissed my nose and ushered me back into the bedroom. "Spaghetti?" He huskily whispered in my ear making me laugh.

"We had spaghetti last night." I laughed opening my dresser.

"That was hours ago." He groaned  as I pushed him away.

"We gotta get ready." I said as I grabbed my clothes and walked to the bathroom. "I'm going to shower." I called over my shoulder.

"Me too." I could practically see the smirk on his face. That vision was confirmed as I turned around. "Come on. We won't do anything if you don't want to. Don't worry I'm not a pervert." I laughed at this.

"You are too." He growled and walked into the bathroom, shutting the door behind us.

"I'm your mate. Your boyfriend." I froze and looked up.

"You aren't my boyfriend." I softly whispered, making him frown as his eyes wandered over my face.

"Can I be?" He timidly asked making goosebumps appear on my arm.

"I need to shower." I changed the subject and turned on the shower, almost immediately filling the room with steam.

"Me too." He repeated and pulled off the rest of his clothes.

"I go first." I slowly started peeling off my clothes. Last night it was dark, so Zane couldn't see the full extent of my skin.

"It's okay." He assured me.

"Maybe this isn't such a good idea I-"

"Devina. It's okay. Just let me see." He urged me on as I slipped off the hoodie. "No matter what, you are beautiful. No matter how many cuts, scars, bruises or scrapes you have, you are beautiful. Don't ever forget it."

A few hours later, Zane was pulling me through the busy crowd of the mall.

"We need a couch too." He added, catching up to me and wrapping his arm around my shoulders. I groaned and leaned into his chest.

"I'm not good at this!" I whined making him just chuckle.

"Come on."

We picked out a leather couch with matching chairs and all the other furniture needed for the apartment.

"Now we can shop for you." Zane grinned and walked us into a store.

"Zane I'm not letting you-" He stopped me by shoving a shirt into my chest.

"Look. They're matching shirts." He said, holding up a similar shirt.

"You want to get matching shirts?" I slowly asked while quirking my brow up.

"No. I am getting matching shirts. Will this fit you?" He asked taking the shirt back from me and holding it up to my chest. "I think it will." I rolled my eyes and looked at the tag in the shirt.

"It'll shrink." He grinned and exchanged it for a bigger size.

"Devin?" I heard a familiar voice ask from behind. Zane froze and grabbed my arm, pulling me closer to him. I turned around and grinned.

"Maverick. Hey!" I pulled away from Zane and hugged one of my old friends.

"I haven't seen you in class." He frowned, briefly looking at Zane then back at me.

"I kind of got in a mild car crash." I shrugged and laughed.

"Mild?"

"I was in a coma for a couple days." Maverick's brown eyes widened.

"Are you okay?" Zane took the chance to step in and put his arm around me.

"She is now." He bitterly smiled making me push him off.

"I didn't know you had a boyfriend," Maverick started looking between me and Zane.

"Oh, we're not together like that." I slowly replied, not sure how Zane would take it.

"Right." Was what he answered with, leaving me in complete and utter shock.

"Then," Maverick turned towards me and grinned. "We should go out sometime." Since we met, Maverick had been trying to get me to go out with him, I sucked in a deep breath and smiled.

"I'm going to be completely honest with you, Zane isn't my boyfriend but he also isn't just my friend." Is what I wanted to say. Badly. But I held my tongue.

"What about Friday?" He urged, clearly wanting me to give him an answer.

"Aren't we going out of Friday?" Zane stepped closer against and this time I didn't push him away.

"Oh." Maverick and Zane had a little mini staring contest before I broke hem apart.

"We should hang out soon, I miss my friends." He nodded and stepped forward to hug me.

"Look man, she said she misses her friends." Zane stepped in between us and laughed. "That's code for she thinks of you as a friend. Ever heard of a place called the friend zone? Because you just arrived." I glared holes in the back of Zane's head, he probably noticed too because he turned around and sheepishly smiled. "Do you want to go out on a date with him?" I stepped to the side so I could see Maverick and smiled.

"I'm sorry. Maverick, you're my friend, but Zane is something a little more." He nodded and we said our goodbyes. "You're a idiot." I mumbled to Zane as we paid for our shirts.

"No. I'm smart. I saved you from an awkward "this is where I stand" conversation after he tried to kiss you." I could tell he didn't like the idea of him and me alone together but I just rolled my eyes.

"Isn't that what that conversation was back there?" I cleverly asked, walking out of the store.

"I guess." He laughed and pulled me into his side. "Where else?"

"Home. I'm tired."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 5.6K 47
"I am visiting under unusual circumstances. I won't bore you with the details but I have lost something of mine and I was hoping you could help me fi...
45.6K 1.2K 48
(18+) FOR MATURE PEOPLE ONLY STRONG LANGUAGE SEXUAL SCENES YOU'VE BEEN WARNED (NOT EDITED) Our eyes were locked. It felt like we were staring at...
19.1K 290 34
Adelaide meets her mate on the day she turns eighteen. However, she has a secret that no one knows about, not even her best friend. How long will she...
176 1 15
I was just a pure human, I lived in the city with my mother. We had money to help take care of ourselves since my father died. My mother was lonely a...