Gotham x Reader

By omgeecat

You find yourself living in Gotham City, funny thing is... nobody told you the city is taken over by a bunch... More

Entering Gotham
Roaming the Sketchy Streets of Gotham with Selina Kyle
Is it who I think it is?
Lots of catching up to do
The Interrogation.
Discussions
Gotham City High
Arkham Escape
Jerome makes a move
Save the Date
The Last Laugh
Back to Reality
He's Lost his Marbles!
The Wayne Manor
Jervis Tetch
A Rude Invitation
The Mad Hatter
Tea Time
Aftermath
Maybe I should leave Gotham for good
All Up to Me
New Girl
Silver St. Cloud
Sneaky St. Cloud
Fights with Friends
Confessions
A Suprising Case
He's Back...
Foggy Memory
Lights out
Jerome's Revenge
Pre-show Carnival
Our Beloved Princess
The Mirror Maze
Burgers & Fries with Milkshakes- Oh my!
Training Day
Meet me at the Cabin
Frank.
Birthday Bash!
Suspicion
Dangerous game
Riddle me this
An Autopsy revealed
Night Owl
Torn between Two PT.1
Torn Between Two PT.2
Warning Alfred
Who took the Tetch Virus?
Lee's Secret
Buried Alive
Finding Jim
Nightmares
A Race Against Time to Find a Cure
Its Getting Stronger
This City is Falling Apart
Its BEEN a HOT minute

The Magician

6.4K 173 114
By omgeecat

(F/C)- Favorite Color

Saturday 6:52 PM/ Jim Gordon's Apartment

I selected a few of my favorite accessories from the loads of shopping bags Bruce spoiled me with for the Charity Ball. One glamorous pair of diamond studded earrings, and a dazzling silver necklace. The dress I picked from the bag was (f/c) and had a train that flowed from the back, making me feel like a true princess. It was made by one of Gotham's top dress designers... Bruce didn't go cheap with the items he gave me. Lee curled my hair for me, and might I say she was a magnificent hair stylist!!!

"Lee where on earth did you learn to do hair like this?" I said, admiring my mixture of loose and tight curls resting neatly on my shoulders.

"Just practice, that's all" she chuckled, playing with my curls lightly.

"You two look lovely tonight! (Y/N) I'm not so sure if I want you going anymore with Bruce!"  my uncle blurted.

I laughed a little as Lee walked over to him, holding him close.

"You sure you can't attend tonight Jim?" she questioned.

" I'm sorry Lee I've got a few cases I have to wrap up by tonight-" he leaned over grabbing his badge and credentials.

She made a face of disappointment, "Lee I will try my very best to make it out tonight."

"It's okay Jim you've got work to do."

The door bell rang, Time for the Ball!!

I shortly realized I sounded like a modern version of Cinderella heading to the Ball.

Uncle Jim opened the door swiftly while placing his credentials and badge in his back pocket.  "Evening Detective Gordon, is (Y/N) here?"  I walked around my uncle, to reveal myself to Bruce.  His eyes widened and his eyebrows raised a few feet.

"Bye Uncle Jim. See you later! Bye Lee! See you at the Ball this evening!"

Jim gently grabbed my arm before I headed out with Bruce and Alfred "I want you back no later than 11:30, you know it gets dangerous at night, stay with Bruce and Alfred at all times, I don't want someone to kidnap you." His eyes showed he was scared about putting his trust in me, but little did he know I'd prove him he could trust me! 

"Sir yes sir!" I saluted him jokingly and followed Bruce around the corridor to the limo outside.

"(Y/N) you look absolutely stunning in that gown!" his face turning into a sweet smile, I returned the favor and gladly answered "Thank you, Bruce, you look handsome as well."  Bruce slowly brushed his hand over my hand, seeming as if he wanted to hold it but was too afraid or something.  I flipped my hand around like you flip a pancake and caught his fingers falling into the gaps of my hand.

I stared into his eyes and saw a glistening light beaming off of his dark hazel eyes.

Alfred interrupted our little moment together embarrassing Bruce, 

"Master Bruce, don't forget your curfew tonight, I don't want you having too much fun."

The ball was elegant with long white drapes lining each piller and chandeliers shining brightly above us, reflecting rays of rainbow stripes on our skin.

"Care to dance with me , (Y/N)?" Bruce stuck out his hand and bowed down like a prince. "No, not at all" I curtsied, feeling an overwhelming amount of heat from my cheeks blushing and placed my hand in his as he walked me to the middle of the ballroom. We danced and chatted as we were dancing, then shifted into a slow dance. Before we knew it everyone was watching us dance the night away, I barely noticed, It felt like it was just me and Bruce dancing in a universe of our own.

"Phew! Mind if I take a seat for a moment Bruce? My feet are killing me in these heels!" Bruce glanced down at my shoes and agreed it would be best to take a break.

As we headed towards the lounge area where Alfred was, Lee waved her hand high in the air, motioning me to come to over to where her and Alfred were.

" There you are! I was looking all over for you two, until I saw you taking over the dance floor!" Lee exclaimed.

"These heels are a pain, but look so cute!" I whined and took a seat at the bar along with Bruce.

"Did you two hear there's going to be a magician tonight?" Lee directed the question towards us,

Bruce spat out, "I don't like magicians."

Alfred then continued his conversation with Lee about the ball not caring so much for what Bruce had to say. From what I heard... Alfred appeared to try to make a move with Lee, making flirtatious comments about her eyes and her gorgeous appearance. 

Lee awkwardly smiled and lowered her head, "I- uh-"

Then someone approached me and tapped me on the shoulder,
"Hello young lady, would you like to be a special guest for our big magic show tonight?"  some stranger wearing a nice black gown asked.

I looked back at my group insecurely, unsure of what to do.

"I-" I was about to say no thank you, strictly because I don't like being in front of big crowds.

Everyone then started trying to encourage me and convince me to go with her,

Bruce interjected, "You should, it'll be fun."

I turned my head to the mistress and nodded my head in agreement

"Alrighty then- let me take you backstage"

She grabbed my hand and led me to the back of the red velvet curtain,

I looked around and saw a few prop pieces for the show, they were interesting little trinkets...

I saw the magician and his odd-looking beard and mustache talking to one of the coordinators of the charity ball,

"That's strange.... and you said you're the replacement for the last magician? "
"Yes, mam" he nodded his head,

"Do you happen to know where the mayor is?"

"No I do not, perhaps he went on a stroll."

"Thank you for your time sir." The lady responded and sped walk to the main dining hall.

I saw him close a slighly opened chest with... THE MAYOR OF GOTHAM!

Oh no, oh no. I started heading away towards the main dining hall until I was forcefully grabbed by non other than... Jerome.

"Glad you decided to join the show, hot stuff" he threw some rope around my arms as I squealed and tried to let myself free. The lady who came over to me and the group helped him tie me to a magician chest that was a glimmering gold color, not the one I saw the mayor in.. another one.

"LET GO OF ME-" I shouted

Jerome placed a firm grip on my mouth, placing his pointer finger in the middle of his lips, whispering "shhhhhh".

"JER-"

he suddenly grabbed some bandana out of no where and wrapped it around my mouth, placing it in between my lips.

"Sorry hottie, I can't have you interrupting the main act! No hard feelings, promise?" Jerome leaned into the side of my face whispering in my ear, I felt the movement of his lips on my face.

"This'll be one heck of a show."  I felt him smile from the side of my face. Then took his head out of my face and added "I can't wait to see the look on your uncle Jimbo's face when he gets a load of this!"

Instrumental music began playing in the background, he picked up his finger and slid it slowly across my face, "Show time, baby", giving me a wink as he left for the stage...he left me there, strangled, and tied up to box.... how would or could I get out of this?!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112 0 9
You've traveled to Gotham City on a solo vacation. You can handle yourself, right? You make new friends and new enemies. Will you make it out of Goth...
22.4K 514 27
Bruce Wayne meets a mysterious girl, who comes with a lot of problems. Will these problems fade in to romance? Or turn to chaos? {Process of editing...
61 5 7
As an aspiring writer, it's difficult not to look at stories you love and wonder 'What if?' I have notice how the Joker's origin in The Killing Joke...
55.3K 1.8K 31
Iris Wayne has no choice but to move to Gotham when her aunt unexpectedly passes away. Having no other family to turn to, she goes to the one person...