Mr. Shallow || K. Taehyung

By lazilazuli

Kim Taehyung, an unhappy university student, hasn't been in the mood to mess around with any girls lately, bu... More

「Chapter 1」
「Chapter 2」
「Chapter 3」
「Chapter 4」
「Chapter 5」
「Chapter 6」
「 Chapter 7」
「Chapter 8」
「Chapter 9」
「Chapter 10」
「Chapter 11」
「Chapter 12」
「Chapter 13」
「Chapter 14」
「Chapter 15」
「Chapter 16」
「Chapter 17」
「Chapter 18」
「Chapter 19」
「Chapter 20」
「Chapter 21」
「Chapter 22」
「Chapter 23」
「Chapter 24」
「Chapter 25」
「Chapter 26」
「Chapter 27」
「Chapter 28」
「Chapter 29」
「Chapter 30」
「Chapter 31」
「Chapter 32」
「Chapter 33」
「Chapter 34」
「Chapter 35」
「Chapter 36」
「Chapter 37」
「Chapter 38」
「Chapter 39」
「Chapter 40」
「Chapter 41」
「Chapter 42」
「Chapter 43」
「Chapter 44」
「Chapter 45」
「Chapter 46」
「Chapter 47」
「Chapter 49」
「Chapter 50」
「Chapter 51 」
「Chapter 52」
「Chapter 53」
「Chapter 54」
「Chapter 55」
「Chapter 56」
「Chapter 57」
「Chapter 58」
「Chapter 59」
「Chapter 60」
「Chapter 61」
「Chapter 62」
「Chapter 63」
「Chapter 64」
「Chapter 65」
「Chapter 66」
「Chapter 67」
「Chapter 68」
「Chapter 69」
「Chapter 70」
「Chapter 71」
「Chapter 72」
「Chapter 73」
「Chapter 74」
「Chapter 75」
「Chapter 76」
「Chapter 77」
「Chapter 78」
「Chapter 79」
「Chapter 80」
「Chapter 81」
「Chapter 82」
「Chapter 83」
「Chapter 84」
「Chapter 85」
「Chapter 86」
「Chapter 87」
「Chapter 88」
「Chapter 89」
「Chapter 90」
「Chapter 91」
「Chapter 92」
「Chapter 93」
「Chapter 94」
「Chapter 95」
「Chapter 96」
「Chapter 97」
「Chapter 98」
「Chapter 99」
「Chapter 100」
「Chapter 101」
「Chapter 102」
「Chapter 103」
「Chapter 104」
「Chapter 105」
「Chapter 106」
「Chapter 107」

「Chapter 48」

430 9 4
By lazilazuli

When Minji and Jungkoook entered the jewelry store, he immediately when to the display case filled with the most detailed earrings, necklaces, rings, and bracelets. All with different shapes and charms, which made it even harder to make your selection.

"What do you think I should get her? I want something that really stands out from the others."

"I don't know," she shrugged as she walked to his side. "They're all pretty nice, I guess."

"Right? But I want her gift to be perfect. Earrings or a bracelet might be easy for her to lose. And a necklace is a bit too cliche. What about a ring...?" After thinking about its meaning, Jungkook just ended up blushing.

"It might be because I'm a girl, but even I didn't have this much trouble picking something out for her."

Jungkook chuckled as he continued to loom over the beautiful, yet expensive pieces of jewelry. "They all look really pretty, but which one will be the best for her? I wanna get something that sparkles, just like her eyes." He muttered the last line to himself, as he began to drown himself in thought. But what he said, hadn't gone unheard.

'Whoa, whoa, whoa, isn't he speaking about her a bit too...romantically? I know they're best friends and all but isn't this a bit too much? Minji's brows were creased as she watched Jungkook. Skepticism started invading her mind. 'I've never heard anyone speak about their friend that way. Ever. Unless...No, that can't be it.' Minji quickly shook off the outrageous thought, but once she saw seeing continuing to loom over the display cases in deep thought, her suspicions just wouldn't leave her alone.

"Minji?"

"Y-Yes?" It sounded like a mouse answering him. It was then that she realized he was standing right in front of her. "You're too close..." she took a step back. At this point, keeping-eye contact would be a bit of a problem.

"Oh, sorry." He held up a necklace and a bracelet for her to see. "Which one do you think she'll like? The bracelet with the bunny? Or the necklace with the flower charms?"

"Y'know...with the way you're acting all crazy over choosing the perfect gift, it almost sounds like you're picking it out for your crush." Minji tried her best to make her words seem playful, but could only hope the nervousness wasn't heard.

Jungkook eyes went wide and his cheeks went red. "What?" He tried to laugh off idea, but it just came out awkward. "Don't be silly." Then he turned away from her, trying to hide what already been seen.

"Wait, are you--"

"No," he quickly shook his head, refusing to turn around.

"You know, you suck at lying just as much as Jiyeong does. Why don't you just look at me when you're trying to lie?" Jungkook sighed. Rubbing the back of his neck, the troubled youth turned back to face Minji once more. "Do you like Jiyeong?" At her own question, she felt her heart tighten up with anxiousness.

Jungkook bit down on his lip. It took a couple of seconds to answer, "yeah, I like her."

With those words heard more clear than anything, Minji felt as if cupid's arrow, along with her heart, had been ripped right out of her chest, leaving her empty. Though her feelings were short-lived, it still hurt to hear that he had feelings for someone else; that someone being her own best friend.

"Please, don't tell the others."

"No one else knows?"

"Only Jimin hyung does."

Baffled, shocked, and disappointed. Those were the whirlwind of emotions going on inside of Minji at the moment. She didn't really think about having her feeling returned, but hearing this was a bit much on her. "Since when did you start liking her?"

"Since we were kids," his ears started to turn a bit red.

'So, I never even had the slightest chance.'

"You're not going to tell the others, are you?" he fidgeted with the jewelry.

"No," she shook her head. "Your secret's safe with me...and Jimin sunbae."

Jungkook broke out into a wide grin, "thanks, Minji."

"Do you plan on telling her how you feel? Or..."

"I'm not sure, yet. Maybe one day, but until then...I'm just gonna keep admiring her from afar."

"Ha," she forced a chuckled. "What a cute way to say that you're going to keep stalking her."

"Yah!" Jungkook was giggling, but the joke had already ended for her. There was nothing funny about having your heart broken. Nothing at all.

"Go with the necklace. She likes flowers, remember?"

"Oh, yeah! Thanks, Minji-ah." Jungkook gave her a pat on her head before turning to face the sales associate.

"What the hell..." she reached up to touch the place where his hand just laid. 'Don't go breaking my heart and then touch me like that. Just who do you think you are?'

After his purchase, Jungkook and Minji returned back to the food court where everyone else was already beginning to gather their things to leave.

"Where did you guys go?" you asked.

Jungkook shook his head, as he discreetly hid your gift behind his back. "Nowhere special."

You cocked a brow, trying to take a peek behind his back. "Nowhere special, huh?" Once you saw him tightly gripping the bag and pushing it more out of your view, your suspicion raised. "Is that my birthday gift?"

"No," he denied once again. I just wanted to check something out in a store that I missed."

You ended up laughing at how flustered he became and decided to leave him be. "Well, we should head home now. I'm sure everyone's a bit worn out from today altogether."

"A bit?" Taehyung mumbled, which earned him a light jab to his arm.

"Taehyungie," Jimin grabbed him by the arm and yanked him into view, "take a picture with me."

"What about us?" Namjoon said.

"Only the 95 line this time." Taehyung then turned back to the camera. While Jimin puckered his lips, Taehyung casually smiled while leaning in closer to him. After snapping the picture, Jimin immediately uploaded the picture onto their twitter.

Before you knew it, the evening of October 31st was upon you, and the party was in about 2 hours. The day before, you had gone out to get your nails done before going back to your house to gather clothes and your outfit for a sleepover at Minji's house.

While you girls were busy trying to get ready, the guys made a little pit-stop at the store as Jimin asked them to. He had run out of red cups and snacks faster than he expected to and needed more.

"Hey, how do I look?"

"You guys think Jiyeong'll drool as soon as she sees me?" Taehyung asked, leaning himself up against one of the shelves with a lollipop to his tongue.

Yoongi grabbed up a couple chips from a close by shelf. "When are you going to stop being so full of yourself, huh?"

"As soon as Jimin hyung grows a bit taller."

Jungkook's little joke earned a laugh from the rest. Though he was lucky Jimin wasn't there, or he would've been chased all around the store.

"Alright," Yoongi started making his way towards the cashier, "let's get out of here already."

At the same time, after your shower, you blow-dried your hair and changed into your clothes for the night. The leather jacket was left off for the time being since you didn't want to get sweaty. Once you finished getting yourself dressed, Minji came out of the shower with a smirk on her face.

"Looking good, birthday girl."

"Haha, it's not my just birthday, yet. We've still got lots of time before midnight."

"Yeah," she picked up her outfit, "you're right. Be right back." After blow-drying her hair, Minji slipped herself into her black dress and heels, did her hair and makeup and came back out to help you out with your own.

"Wow, you look great Minji!" your eyes popped as soon as you saw her. The dark red lipstick she wore, was nice to see among all the black she wore. And the curls that she added to the end of her short hair was even better.

"Thanks," she grinned.

"I didn't know you knew how to do make-up."

"Yeah, well I only do my make-up when I'm going out on special occasions. In this case: your birthday party. Not the stupid Halloween party that our annoying sunbae planned."

"Ugh, you fit the look so well," you groaned. "I'm not so sure about myself at this point anymore."

"Well, it's too late for that now." She walked over with her make-up kit and placed it down on the dresser beside the curling iron." The sunbae are gonna be picking us up in about an hour and you don't have anything else to wear. Besides, you're only saying that because your makeup and hair aren't done, yet. Once I'm finished with you, you're gonna look so hot they won't be able to pick their jaws up off the ground for a week."

You nervously chuckled at her as she sat you down in the chair in front of the dresser. "I think you're the one who they're going to be dropping their jaws for. I mean, who would've expected Park Minji to wear a dress. And it's super cute at that."

"Maybe I should change into something else then," she sectioned your hair with some clips. "'Cute' isn't supposed to be the look."

You chuckled, "sorry, it's just that you wear it so well."

"I thought I was going to look too goth since everything besides my lips is black, but I guess it worked out in the end." Minji took the heated curling iron to the ends of your section hair, one by one, and curled them. By the time she finished, then ends of your hair were left in beautiful curls. Not as bouncy and tight as her own, but beautiful nonetheless.

Just as Minji started applying a thin coat of foundation, your phone buzzed. "Wait a sec." you grabbed your phone off the dresser yo check the message that Taehyung had sent you. When you got to the end of it, your cheeks were left slightly red and your lips refused to come down.

"Jiyeong, no smiling! You'll ruin my work."

"Sorry," you bit your lips, trying to relax yourself

"What's wrong with you? Was that a text from Taehyung or something?" she peered over your shoulder at your phone to see the message that had gotten you all bashful. "Can't wait to meet my gorgeous date in a few. P.s. Don't worry, I know you'll look great." After reading it aloud, she rolled her eyes. "You really do like Kim Taehyung, don't you?"

"I'm not reacting like this because it was Taehyung sunbae who sent me this message," you closed your eyes. "I'm reacting like this because it was the person I like that sent it to me." Your cheeks just continued to burn all the more at the thought.

"Aw, how sweet...Not," she mumbled the last under her breath.

"I heard that," you chuckled. "But, is there really not anyone that you like? Even just a little bit."

Minji went silent at the thought of Jeon Jungkook. Just thinking about him, put a slight unbearable ache in her heart. After hearing his confession, she thought it would take a couple of hours, a day the most, to get over him, but that wasnt the case. Her feelings were not only getting stronger with each little interaction, but it also killed her whenever she found him fawning over you in secret.

"Minji?" you opened your eyes again to see her expression. "What's wrong?"

"I did have someone..."

"Really? How come you didn't tell me?! Who is he? What's he like?"

"He's just some regular guy. I thought he was just a douche at first, but he turned out to be a good person. His smile is really cute, and it'll catch you off guard whenever he does it."

"Wow, it sounds like you really like this guy."

"Eh," she shrugged, "he's not that important anymore."

"Why do you say that?"

"He has feelings for this other girl."

"Oh no," your lips slipped into a frown. "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay."

You started to pout as you thought about what the girl could be like. "I bet the girl is something like those fangirls the subae have, right?"

"No," she shook her head. "She's in some of my classes, so I know what's she's like. She's a really friendly girl."

"Really?" You cocked a brow. "Well, I bet she doesn't have as much charm as you. I've never met a more sassy girl than you. And what guy doesn't like even just a little bit of sass?"

Minji couldn't help but laugh at you. "I guess..."

"But you're just going to let him go? I think you should show him your charm. It's just like you told me back when I was trying to get closer to Taehyung sunbae. 'If you really want to get closer to him, then you should push a bit more'. Don't give up just because some girl's gotten in the way of your love story."

Minji cocked a brow. "'Love story'?"

"If you're going to give up, then you should give up knowing that you tried in the least."

Minji went silent for a couple of seconds before a smirk danced across her lips. "I guess you're right." She should at least try to make him look her way before giving up completely.

"Not 'I guess'. 'I am right' is what you should be saying," you grinned.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

541K 22.6K 49
"They can't touch what's mine. They can't stand beside what's mine. They can't have you, darling." he whispers darkly in his ear, smiling like a mani...
2.5M 141K 37
«Kim Taehyung helps your boyfriend cheat» au «"You shouldn't be with him!" Taehyung says, chest heaving from screams. "Then who should I be with?" Y...
378K 20.6K 41
" You know, people say that there's one world, but when I look into your eyes, I see two. " •••••• Jeon Jungk...
90.5K 5.1K 44
"Let me touch you, Jimin. Please. Please let me." No. Hell no. Seven bloody hells, no, no and no. Absolutely in no friggin way! Those are the things...