Mr. Shallow || K. Taehyung

By lazilazuli

Kim Taehyung, an unhappy university student, hasn't been in the mood to mess around with any girls lately, bu... More

「Chapter 1」
「Chapter 2」
「Chapter 3」
「Chapter 4」
「Chapter 5」
「Chapter 6」
「 Chapter 7」
「Chapter 8」
「Chapter 9」
「Chapter 10」
「Chapter 11」
「Chapter 12」
「Chapter 13」
「Chapter 14」
「Chapter 15」
「Chapter 16」
「Chapter 17」
「Chapter 18」
「Chapter 19」
「Chapter 20」
「Chapter 21」
「Chapter 22」
「Chapter 23」
「Chapter 24」
「Chapter 25」
「Chapter 26」
「Chapter 27」
「Chapter 28」
「Chapter 29」
「Chapter 30」
「Chapter 31」
「Chapter 32」
「Chapter 33」
「Chapter 34」
「Chapter 35」
「Chapter 36」
「Chapter 37」
「Chapter 38」
「Chapter 39」
「Chapter 40」
「Chapter 41」
「Chapter 42」
「Chapter 43」
「Chapter 44」
「Chapter 45」
「Chapter 46」
「Chapter 48」
「Chapter 49」
「Chapter 50」
「Chapter 51 」
「Chapter 52」
「Chapter 53」
「Chapter 54」
「Chapter 55」
「Chapter 56」
「Chapter 57」
「Chapter 58」
「Chapter 59」
「Chapter 60」
「Chapter 61」
「Chapter 62」
「Chapter 63」
「Chapter 64」
「Chapter 65」
「Chapter 66」
「Chapter 67」
「Chapter 68」
「Chapter 69」
「Chapter 70」
「Chapter 71」
「Chapter 72」
「Chapter 73」
「Chapter 74」
「Chapter 75」
「Chapter 76」
「Chapter 77」
「Chapter 78」
「Chapter 79」
「Chapter 80」
「Chapter 81」
「Chapter 82」
「Chapter 83」
「Chapter 84」
「Chapter 85」
「Chapter 86」
「Chapter 87」
「Chapter 88」
「Chapter 89」
「Chapter 90」
「Chapter 91」
「Chapter 92」
「Chapter 93」
「Chapter 94」
「Chapter 95」
「Chapter 96」
「Chapter 97」
「Chapter 98」
「Chapter 99」
「Chapter 100」
「Chapter 101」
「Chapter 102」
「Chapter 103」
「Chapter 104」
「Chapter 105」
「Chapter 106」
「Chapter 107」

「Chapter 47」

517 12 1
By lazilazuli

"Suhwa, calm down." Sujin tried urgently to get her friend to calm down, but nothing was working. Suhwa was boiling mad.

"Sujin, how the hell can you be so calm right now, huh? Aren't you even the slightest bit pissed off that Kyunghee is back?!"

"I am, but yelling and shouting like this isn't going to make things better."

Suhwa paced back and forth, clearly unable to contain her frustration and displeasure. "This can't. Be. Happening right now," she clutched the roots her hair, tugging on them as hard as her strength let her. "What is she doing back here? Wasn't she supposed to leave and never come back?!"

"Well, well, well. Look who's finally losing their sanity."

Both Suhwa and Sujin turned back, ready to face the owner of that voice with a hard scowl. "You...What the hell do you want?" Staring right back at them was none another than the devious Sumin herself.

"Nothing," Sumin smirked, "just amusing myself by watching you carry on with your little mental break down."

"Shut the hell up!" Sujin barked. "Why don't you just go back from wherever the hell it is that you came from. You're not needed here!"

"That pain in the ass Kyunghee is back and I don't need you trying to fuck with me," Suhwa added in.

Sumin's brow arched in curiosity. "Kyunghee? As in, Nam Kyunghee?"

"Who the hell else would I be talking about?!"

"I heard that she moved out of Korea. What's she doing back?"

"That's we want to know!"

"So you guys are pissing your pants over her return?" Sumin couldn't help but chuckle to herself at the sight before her; though, in a couple of seconds, that smile had faded away. 'She's really come back, huh? I heard she and Taehyung oppa broke up a while back. Her return probably means that she's come back to get back with him.'

Her tongue clicked in annoyance. 'Having her back means that I'm going to have to work even harder than ever to make Taehyung oppa mine. But if I get these two back on my side, it'll reduce the work.'

"So, you guys aren't going to do anything about her?"

"There's nothing we can do," Sujin said.

"By yourselves that is."

Suhwa's scowl deepened at Sumin's words. "What are you getting at?"

"Well, you two don't like Kyunghee and I think she's a hindrance to my love life, so why don't we just team up again?"

The duo looked at each other, then to Sumin, before bursting out into laughter. "You're joking, right? Why the hell should we team up with you again? There is nothing a snake like you could ever say to make us want to team up with you again."

Sumin smirked. "Min Yoongi and Jeon Jungkook." These names wiped those amusing smirks right off the duo's faces. "If you team up with me again, we can not only get Kyunghee out of the way, but we can get closer to the guys that we like again."

Suhwa shook her head as she stared with squinted eyes. "You sad, sad girl. You must've been born a true idiot."

"Clearly she doesn't know anything about Kyunghee," Sujin added on.

"What're two you on about?" Sumin sized eyed them back and froth

"Allow us to let you in on some crucial information. That bitch is the embodiment of evil," Sumin said. "She has dirt on just about every single girl here and will use that dirt to bury you for good."

"You've heard that we've been ruining girls' lives, right?" Sujin chimed in. "You haven't seen or heard anything until you've crossed Kyunghee. She's nobody to mess with, especially when it comes to the all 7 of them."

Sumin looked back and forth between the two. "You're just trying to mess with me."

"Are we?" Suhwa crossed her arms. "She's ruined us more than once before. The first time she crossed us was in high school together, back when we still called her our friend. The last time was when we tried to get revenge on her for lying on us, but in the end, we became absolute nobodies in the eyes of Jungkook and Yoongi oppa."

"We didn't even do anything!" Sujin barked. "That wretch blabbed our secrets to all of them like it was nothing! All because we had a little crush on them. After that, we never spoke to her again."

"Until our first year of college," Suhwa picked up. "We saw her cheating on Taehyung oppa and decided to take our revenge right then and there by snapping a picture to show him what a cheater she was."

"But she caught us and smashed Suhwa's phone. No doubt, Suhwa charged right at her, but it was bad timing. Jungkook oppa and the rest were walking by and saw us fighting. After they broke us up, Kyunghee lied and said that we called her out to fight. Of course, they took her side and didn't even want to hear anything we said."

"Even though we had no evidence, we tried to let everyone know about the big cheat she was. But after the news got out, they all approached us and started yelling us. Accusing us of bullying her when it wasn't even like that. Then we were told to stay away from Kyunghee and them."

"Moral of the story is, don't fuck with her. She will find a way to ruin you."

"Is that really supposed to scare me? I don't give a damn if it's Kyunghee, Jiyeong or some random ugly chick standing in my way. I will be with Taehyung one way or another. It's fine if you two want to keep cowering with your tails in between your legs, but I'm going to continue to go after what I want." And with that, Sumin walked past the duo.

"You're crazy!" Suhwa shouted after her. "That bitch's obsession will only get her screwed over in the end."

Meanwhile, Taehyung was still aggressively pulling you along towards the bus stop. "Wait, sunbae, what about your friend? Did you all just leave her?"

"She's not my friend," he grumbled. "She's not anyone's friend. Especially yours."

"What're you talking about? If she's not your friend then why was she there?"

"How should I know?"

You continued to stare at his back, while he continued to pull you along; not another word came from him. You couldn't even begin to guess what was going through his mind. "Are you sure you're okay?" you asked softly.

Taehyung came to a halt and finally loosened up his grip before turning back tell you, "I'm fine."

"You don't look nor sound like it. If you need to talk, I'm right here."

Looking like he was hesitating, Taehyung shook his head and forced a smile on his face. "Don't worry about me, okay?"

"You can't tell me not to worry about someone I care about. That's just stupid."

He chuckled. There was only a gap of few inches left when he took those few steps closer to you. "You care about me?"

"Of course I do," he slipped a hand over one of your feverish cheeks.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For caring."

"It's only natural that I do."

"Because you like me, right?"

You pouted in response. "Don't get so full of yourself."

"I'm not," Taehyung dipped his head closer to you. "Just stating the truth." Just as he parted his lips to meet yours...

"We're in public people," called Minji, who finally caught up.

You jumped as you turned to find her and the rest of the guys walking your way. "W-we weren't doing anything," you stuttered.

"Not yet at least," he muttered.

You glanced back around to glare at him. "As if I'd let you."

Taehyung scoffed. "You're joking, right?"

"Okay, okay, the bus is here," Namjoon said. "You can start your bickering after we get on." That said, you all climbed aboard the bus.

Twenty minutes later, you arrived at the mall's parking lot. During the walk to get to a door, Minji started complaining about being left out of the loop that knew about Kyunghee's return.

"I still can't believe you guys knew that my bitch of a cousin was coming back and said nothing!"

"We didn't know you two were cousins!"

"What a shit excuse. Did you all really forget about the day she introduced us?"

"When was this?"

"In highschool!" she barked. The boys kept silent for a while before their jaws slowly dropped open in remembrance of the particular day. All she could do was shake her head in awe. "Unbelievable."

"I remembered that you two were cousins," Jimin spoke up, with a proud little smile.

"And? Did you think about letting me know?"

"Uh, well...It slipped my mind." Minji just rolled her eyes.

"Well, what about you?" Jin pointed out. "How come you didn't know that she was coming back. She's your own family after all."

'That's right!" Hoseok agreed.

"I don't keep tabs on Kyunghee. As a matter of fact, I prefer to keep as far away from her as possible."

"You guys make it seem like she's some horrible person who's returned to ruin your lives," you said.

"That is, in no way at all, an understatement," Minji mumbled.

When you entered the mall, you decided that it was best if you and Minji stuck together to help with each other's outfits, but Taehyung insisted that he come along so he could pay for you. Of course you said no for certain reasons, but in the end, he came along.

"Let's try and find something with leather in it," she suggested.

The both of you searched on and on for about 20 minutes, yet found nothing eye-catching. Everything was either too revealing or too dark. In the next store you tried, everything was a bit better, but nothing you'd say yes towards. You all searched top and bottom in a couple of stores, yet found nothing. However, Minji and Taehyung managed to gather everything they needed.

As you looked through the 5th store, you were beginning to grow tired and was about ready to call it a day. "I'm hungry and about ready to go home now," you whined.

"Come on, try this last outfit on," Minji started to shove you into the dressing room. "I'm sure this one is going to look great on you."

"Okay, okay." You took the pair of shoes, clothes, and accessories from her and closed the door behind you.

"How come I can't see?" Taehyung asked. "Jiyeong's my date to the party after all."

"Which is exactly why you're not allowed to see her. What if she finds the perfect outfit and it gets spoiled because you've already seen her in it? Don't you want to be surprised?"

"Well..." There was nothing to argue that. "Alright, I see your point."

"Minji, come in here!" you called her.

"I'm coming." Minji opened the door enough for her to slip and shut the door back. With her widened eyes, Minji scanned you from top to bottom with a wide grin. "Yes! This is it!"

"It's good?" Taehyung called from the outside.

"Yes, yes," she replied. "See, I told you that we would find you an outfit. You don't have to worry about makeup. I have some that we could use for the party."

"I want to see," he whined.

"No," you and Minji denied him.

"Whatever, I'm going to jump on the line then."

"I hope the rest of them found their outfits already."

"I'm sure they have," you said.

Though you felt uncomfortable while he did it, Taehyung paid for your entire outfit without a problem. After that, he called the others and told them to meet them down at the food court for a bite to eat. Once everyone was back together, you got your food and sat down at two tables and just chatted away for about an hour or so.

"Hey, Minji," Jungkook motioned her somewhere away from the rest. "Can you come somewhere with me?"

It was only a little, but Minji's heart started to pick up. "Sure," she nodded. "Where to?"

"To the jewelry store. I want to get my birthday present for Jiyeong."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

541K 22.6K 49
"They can't touch what's mine. They can't stand beside what's mine. They can't have you, darling." he whispers darkly in his ear, smiling like a mani...
13.7K 2.2K 32
♟️: Just like two swords couldn't stay in one sheath, similarly Jung Hoseok and Kim Taehyung couldn't stay together in one place. Both were famous be...
1K 112 14
Taehyung smiles and cups her face teasingly " I'm happy to know you're finally worrying about me. Who knows you might fall- " Instead of smiling she...
526 30 18
He doesn't believe in love, he only believes in lust. But what if she wants love? Choi Sara is a girl like others who dreams of succeeding in the fu...