Destruction.

By flora_styles

Flora and Harry are picked from the reaping ball for the 76th hunger games, that fateful day, the odds weren'... More

Destruction.
Destruction - Chapter 2 - Sinking in.
Destruction - Chapter 3 - Reunited ?
Destruction - Chapter 4 - Capitol Calling...
Destruction - Chapter 5 - Ceremonial.
Destruction - Chapter 6 - Friends.
Destruction - Chapter 7 - Competition.
Destruction - Chapter 8 - Conclusions
Destruction - Chapter 9 - Scores.
Destruction - Chapter 10 - Probabilities.
Destruction - Chapter 11 - Confessions.
Destruction - Chapter 12 - Broken.
Destruction - Chapter 13 - Arena.
Destruction - Chapter 14 - Start off.
Destruction - Chapter 15 - Taken.
Destruction - Chapter 16 - Looking from the outside.
Destruction - Chapter 17 - Reflection Lake.
Destruction - Chapter 18 - Draw backs.
Destruction - Chapter 19 - Mutt.
Destruction - Chapter 20 - Cell.
Destruction - Chapter 21 - Acceptance.
Destruction - Chapter 22 - On Release.
Destruction - Chapter 23 - New ally.
Destruction - Chapter 24 - Pardoned.
Destruction - Chapter 26 - Plan.
Destruction - Chapter 27 - Victors.
Destruction - Chapter 28 - Narrow Escape.
Destruction - Chapter 29 - Home.

Destruction - Chapter 25 - Maisie.

184 3 0
By flora_styles

Destruction. 

Chapter 25.

Flora p.o.v

It's the start of the 3rd week and the second to third week went quickly, without too much suffering, apart from the dog attacks, and the intense hunger, but we're doing well and we've found shelter in the ruins of a castle, Gould is still with us, but I know they usually end the games within a month and I'm scared about our alliance. 

There are 6 of us left. And the gamemakers won't wait long to try and bring it to a climax. 

It's late morning and Gould has managed to start a fire which shouldn't be seen under the shelter of the castle, and the smell of roasting pheasant brings on a craving for cooked food, seeing as my last cooked meal was almost a month a go. 

Harry chucks more wood on the fire and and Gould turns our makeshift spit, I'm perched on a solid,cold stone step in the shade from the sun that's broken through the clouds for pretty much the first time. 

It's so peaceful right now, I'm almost happy if I can ignore the fact we're going to die. And the fact I want to brutally murder Ade. 

Harry comes to perch next to me and hands me a leg of crispy pheasant. I'm practically drooling as I take a bite. 

"I'm scared" I say softly as I watch Gould carefully, I know he's no danger, but it's just us and the careers now, so they're bound to be hunting us. 

"What about ?" he asks seeming ridiculously carefree, as if it isn't obvious. 

"it's been too peaceful, something's going to happen soon" I say. 

"Well bring it on, it's an even match" He says.

"The careers are so well trained" I say. 

There's a brook that runs around the castle. 

"Going to get a drink" Gould nods grabbing his water bottle, and heading through the stone archway. It's like slow motion, like I had some kind of physic power, like I'm already up and screaming out at harry to get his stuff before we hear the shout, deep and unmistakeable. 

We grab our stuff and back off, ducking behind a half broken wall my heart is hammering fast and my bow is loaded, Harry's hand is clasping mine, I try and steady my breathing, there's voices, two boys, one deep and low, and another, Ade's then a girl, they're all here.. we could get to the position we want to be.. right here, right now, Harry pulls a knife silently out of his pocket. 

They seem to be collecting Gould's stuff, so they don't know we're here. 

Suddenly the girls voice comes above the other pleading, and there's a cannon shot that rings in my ears, I nearly jump out of my skin, Harry's hand is on my shoulder as if to hold me back, but of course it was Goulds Cannon how long it must seem in those minuetes waiting for your inevitable death. 

The girls pleading again. 

"Kale, I though we were friend's we both come from district one, please... I" She pleads, and sounds like she's crying. 

"Hold her down Kale" I hear Ade, what are they doing to her? I'm about to jump up Harry's other hand is on my shoulder, I can't give our cover away, I hear a scream, and a laugh a deep chuckle. The scream is high pitched, but no cannon. 

I jump up unable to let them continue what they're doing, she's whimpering now, Ade's head snaps up and he drops her and starts to run, followed by Kale, still no cannon I can hear her crying though, Kale places a kiss on her forehead and before he gets a chance to stand up, He's dead with an arrow through the heart, Ade's gone and I'm frozen to the spot, Harry's in action. 

Kale's cannon goes and the hovercraft is there. Harry runs towards her and she's still crying, I remember her name is maisie, he cut her leg just above the arterie but didn't have time to finish the fatal wound Harry pulls his top off ripping it and bandaging the wound tightly, in any other opputunity I'd stop and admire but I have to be on guard , Ade could still be around, this could be my chance to kill him. 

"Flora!" Harry shouts, as he pulls me to kneel at the ground next to her. 

"Keep her with us!" he shouts, I look at her face properly, she's staring right at me, unblinking, I have to squeeze my eyes shut and open them as I study her face, her eyes the same green as mine and hair exactly the same shade, I'm shaking, she's prehaps a bit taller than me and looks stronger, a few less freckles, but similiar so similar, like we could be related... 

"FLORA!" Harry roars. 

"Talk to her!" he says. 

"I.. I'm sorry" I stammer. I look at her again. 

"Maisie? ... Maisie ? It's Flora... I think we look kind of alike don't you ?" I start babbling but when I say it Harry looks from her leg to her face, and then at me, and her, and me. I realise I've stopped. 

"Keep talking, this is gonna hurt maisie!" He says even though I think she's past hearing. She suddenly let's out a scream but it's like she's been jolted back to life, she blinks at me. 

"I'm done" Harry whispers, tying her makeshift bandage into a tight knot. 

Harry p.o.v

"We need to move! He could be back any minuete" I say, trying to nudge Flora into action, she seems more unlikely to move than maisie, Maisie's eyes roll back into her head, I laugh it's almost comical due to Flora's dawdling situtation. 

I scoop her up. 

"Come on!" I try and spur Flora into action and she seems to acknowledge me this time, she grabs her stuff and my stuff and we head out off the castle ruins, there's a ditch. and I leap it still carrying maisie and clear it somehow, Flora follows and I head further into the castle, up some steps to a platform but it's wide and the perfect look out. 

I stop and set Maisie down, she's blacked out ,the shirt bandage is holding up but is bloodstained already, Flora sinks down back against the wall her head in her hands, I've already learned she doesn't deal with gore easily, but she's done her part. 

I let Maisie drift off to sleep after I've made her drink something, Flora hasn't looked up since, I sit down next to her, still topless the cold stone hurts my back.

"Are you okay ?" I ask. 

"Yeah.. just a bit overwhelmed" she sighs brushing her matted fringe from her damp face. 

"Do you need a Harry hug ?" I laugh as I hold out my arms and she moves into them, her hair tickling my bare chest, we sit in silence for a few minuetes.. maybe 10 ? or twenty, I don't know, just enjoying the quiet before an another inevitable storm. 

"Flora ?" comes Maisie's voice, she's awake and Flora stops breathing, I find it strange that she's asking for Flora and not me, not strange just I didn't think her and Flora had much of a connection. I nudge Flora forward. 

"Yes?" she replies moving over to where maisie is propped up on her elbows.

"I think we look alike too..." Maisie says quietly, Flora looks at me as if for reassurance and I nod. 

"It's weird seeing as.. we're from completely different districts" Laughs Flora as Maisie sits up using the wall to support her. 

"Yeah.. but my mum told me something once that I find strange" She says, Flora pauses and focus' on her I can tell she's propely listening this time. 

"What was it?" asks Flora looking sort of uneasy. 

"She.. she said we had family in 12" says Maisie.

"Is your mum's name.." Flora starts. 

"Jane" they say in unison. 

"That's my aunties name..." Flora says, I move forward, Flora genuinely looks like she's about to faint. 

"So. we're cousins ?" Maisie says, Flora nods. 

"Wow small world right" I laugh but they're both studying each other. 

"How're your parents ?" asks Maisie, I feel myself wince at the awkward silence. 

"They... they died" Flora whispers. Maisie's jaw drops open. 

"I'm so sorry! honestly I-" she protests. 

"It's okay... you weren't to know" smiles Flora. 

It seems awkward but they become more animated as they talk about things, and as Maisie says about her mum, Flora seems to cheer up, I wonder if her mum and her auntie were simmilar. 

Soon we've had dinner and Maisie has fallen asleep instantly, I suppose sleep is the best remedy, these next few days are going to be difficult. 

"It's crazy that you two are cousins right ?" I say as I climb into our sleeping bag. 

"It's horrible" She says quietly.

"Why?!" I ask. 

"Because if Ade doesn't kill her.. we have to! we might as well have left her" She murmers. I start to protest and then stop. 

"It'll seem better in the morning" is all I say. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5M 298K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
1.7M 17.4K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
192M 4.6M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...
650K 32.7K 61
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...