Destruction - Chapter 13 - Arena.

Destruction. 

Chapter 13. 

Flora p.o.v

I change into my arena outfit my hands pale and shaky, willow's trying to comfort me, I'm in a tiny room, I can see my launch tube, everytime I look at it my mouth dries up. 

The outfit is simple giving nothing away,simple underwear, warm brown wax coat with plenty of zip pockets, green polo shirt, brown cargo pants, with lots of pockets too, love the pockets, they're always useful, and soft brown leather hunting boots, like my one's at home. I double check my little link bracelet with a coal charm is there, I smile slightly, but then have to fight tears I might never see my friend's again. 

Another problem drops into my head, Harry, we were put into a different hover craft, is he still upset with me ? Am I still upset with him ? why would I be ? I'm the one who over reacted. 

"Flora, you need to get in the launch tube, good luck okay, you and Harry will do just fine"  says Willow

"But w-" I protest my eyes stinging. 

"No buts, you'll be okay" she pats my back and ushers me over to the tube, I'm shaking what do I do when I see the Cornucopia ? what platform will Harry be on, and Raven she'll be sticking with him won't she ? 

The shaft goes up and up until I see light at the top, and I'm plunged into cool air, my first glimpse of the sky, cloudy overcast, I look out vast expanse of hills, clumps of forest, rocks abandoned stone things, or what it looks like, moors,the land north beyond the ruins of district 13. There's so many natural hazards there without what mutations the Capitol can put in. 

I take in the rest of the area, what could be lurking in those valleys, then I see a silver bow, 12 arrows, shining even with the cloudy sky, then... I look to the podiums opposite from me , Harry, he's looking straight at me, and then BAM, he's running towards the cornucopia, and bodies are at that level too, I jump down from mine, not focussing on him anymore. 

The bow is too far in,Gamemakers tactics... I run for a dark green back-pack there could some useful stuff in there I pull it onto my back , and go for a sheath of knives glinting, but there's a girl running towards them too,district 1 knife girl, I scream and duck as she throws one of her already collected knives, I grab them but before I can duck again a small knife slices my forehead blood falls crimson down my neck, with my knives and pack I run for the nearest forest, I can climb tree's atleast, I look back and my bow's gone it's in the wrong hands, I'm sure it was meant for me. 

I'm probably leaving a trail of blood, atleast the girl has stopped, people are wrestling back at the cornucopia, I'm suddenly light headed, I need to get to these tree's, I pause, what if there's something lurking in there ? it's a risk I'm prepared to take... I'm okay with a knife.. and there might be animals I can kill and eat. 

I feel myself stumble, I hope to god this pack has bandages. 

I reach the tree's there's not alot of light, but it's okay, I stumble and trip onto a bed of pine needles before I black out. 

Harry p.o.v

I see a small figure dissapear into a flock of tree's, it was unmistakebly Flora I can tell by her hair, I take off silver bow clutched in my hand trident in the other, a large backpack on my back, there a dead bodies scattered all ready, I stop. 

RAVEN, where is she, she was behind me, I turn and she's being held down by a  district 7 boy I run at him, luckily everyone else is in combat closer in to the Cornucopia, I take him out puncturing his stomach with my trident, I kick him off the spikes and pull raven up, she grabs his spear and pack and we run for the tree's she's speedy, incredibly speedy, keeping up with me. 

I have a stitch but ignore it, I realise I have a claw mark on my face where I fought the district 3 girl for the bow, I got her with my trident too, it had to be done and it was over quickly, I need this bow... to make it up to Flora. 

We reach the tree's and I look back to the cornucopia, this is logical of her, because maybe other tributes will stay out of the dark woods, and I know she can climb. 

We get in there and it's dark, but that should keep us safe from prying tributes.

And then just into the tree's is Flora, blood rushing from a gash on her head I run to her, shaking her ,she's unconcious. 

I scoop her up, this place is too vunerable if any tribute comes into these woods they'll see her instantly, I go deeper into the woods and find a clump of bushes, I push my way through, we're totally coneacled here. 

"Flora !" I shout, shaking her in despair, I can't do first aid to save my life or Flora's life in this case. Raven taps me on the shoulder, I turn and she waves the first aid kit she collected at the cornucopia, I move round supporting Flora's head keeping the hair out of the wound, Raven works like a doctor, wiping clean, putting on antiseptic and bandaging before it has a chance to bleed again. 

I lean back and my hand plunges into a puddle I pull it out muddy. 

"Ughhh" I exclaim, raven laughs quietly, something suddenly springs to me I dig deeper further muddying my hands but there is soon a clear pool of water. 

"Yess " I exclaim, Raven grins and we search our packs for water bottles, and in mine I find a bottle of purifier we fill all containers we have and drink greatfully, then refill again, we have struck lucky, but then again if you dig, maybe there is water everywhere under this arena.

I am wary of this forest, but we're not too deep we could get out quickly if anything came along, I get water on my hands and wash it through Flora's hair matted with blood washing it away. 

 I manage to get Raven to open up to me while we wait for Flora to rouse, she had a difficult life, and she wouldn't be suprised if her family don't care she's gone. I try to reassure her they would they love her deep down, but she has a big family her parents are probably just very busy, 3 canon shots go off during this time, I didn't count the one's at the Cornucopia though.

I let Raven dose of in the twilight hours we've heard nothing from the other tributes, and we have nothing better to do, she's also offered to take the night watch, I end up laying Flora's head in my lap, playing with the silky end of her long ponytail, she stirs her eyes snapping open she sits bolt upright but falls back into my lap from what I assume was some sort of headrush. 

"Woah there, we're not in a hurry " I say stroking her head. 

"Where are we ? we can't just stay here, people could be coming! anyone!" she complains, but she makes no effort to move. 

"It's okay, we've got cover, if someone was to walk past, we could shoot them and they wouldn't notice we were hear" I say putting my hand on her forehead soothingly.

"Shoot ?" she mumers frowning. 

"Yep! I got your bow!" I say passing it to her, she clasps the cold metal as I help her to sit up. 

"It's amazing, thankyou" she says. 

"Well I thought it would be alot of value to you, I know how good you are" I say. 

"Harry ?" she asks looking at me. 

"Yes?" I says. 

"We'll be okay won't we ?" She asks. 

"Of course we will" I say and I kiss her softly, it's dark now, and we're interuppted by 7 cannon shots, and we both look through the gaps in our bush cover, The district 7 Girl and Boy, Girl from 5, Girl from 9, Boy from 8 , Girl from 10 and Girl from 3. The girls are dropping like flies. 

I look down and Flora's asleep in my lap again, I don't like the wake Raven so I put on the night vision goggles from my pack and keep first watch.