Destruction - Chapter 27 - Victors.

Destruction. 

Chapter 27. 

Flora p.o.v

I wonder how long this peace can hold, it's been nearly a week and Maisy is fully on the mend after something her mentor sent her, but it seems there's another mentor offering, the silver capsule is marked 12,4,1 is marked. 

I look at Harry and Maisie. 

"Do the honours" He laughs, I open it and I pull out a pair of swimming goggles, I look at them and they look back. 

"Is there a note ?" prompts Maisie.

"Oh" I fumble in the capsule and find a peice of paper. 

'Run for the bridge - J & J '

"When.. where !?" I ask, they both look thoughtful. 

"The bridge! the giant bridge, across from the Cornucopia! over the valley"  Harry says.

"When though !?" I ask, I seem to be asking all the questions here. 

Suddenly we're interuppted by a crackly booming tannoy, and then The Head Gamemakers voice, Gray Tomlinson. I can't beleive it's Harry's best friend's uncle, the only time I've ever seen Harry's best friend's is in the lake and I couldn't really concentrate as they were blocked out by hallowing images of my own friend's.

"All tributes to come and collect water in abundance from the Cornucopia, you will not find water anywhere else in this arena, 1pm sharp, other gifts are available too, thankyou tributes" And then he's gone, I suddenly recall my dry throat we didn't fill our bottles and we woke up this morning to no water.

"So we go.. ?" asks Maisie. I look to Harry. 

"Well we're only going to get thirstier.. and we want to get this thing to a close ?" He says. 

"We should set off soon then ? we have to get to the Cornucopia by 1" says Maisie I check the watch that we all got goven before we came in, 9 in the morning, we should make it. 

It get's me thinking though, say we manage to kill Ade, then what ? Only one person can win! me and Harry are going to be playing our luck to try and get us both out people will think we're deluded, but before we can even get to that point, we will have to kill Maisie, and I can't, she's family, like our family needs more ripping apart. 

I pull Harry to one side and round the corner making sure we're out of earshot, not that it will make alot of difference. 

"Harry what are we going to do !?" I ask feeling desperation enter my voice. 

"Well we're going to the Cornuc-" I cut him off. 

"I know that!" I say. 

"Well why did you drag me round here to ask ?" he questions his turquoise eyes fixed on mine, I look back at him, his tanned arm is on my shoulder. 

 "I mean what are we going to do about Maisie, about getting out of here, we can't kill her Harry!" I say trying to keep my voice below a wail. Harry looks at me and I see pain in his eyes like he has already considered this and it's troubling him.

"Well?" I ask feeling tears fill my eyes, I know he wants to give me an awnser but what can he say ?

"I don't know Flora... whatever happens,happens" He murmers putting his hand on my cheek over the dampness of the tears and kisses me softly I wonder if we'll ever go further than kiss, if we'll ever live long enough to do so, if we'll get that king bed and a house in the victors village.