Destruction - Chapter 24 - Pardoned.

Destruction. 

Chapter 24. 

Sophie p.o.v

I take a seat next to Flora's mum as I grab my plate of pancakes from the weird red uniformed servant who cooks for us, I wake up with a nervous feeling every morning now, a feeling of anticipation, of how soon I'll be seeing Flora.. and I suppose Harry too, seeing as I haven't seen him in so long either. 

but I'm scared, Louis won't tell everyone the plan yet and as this week has gone on, he's been going to meet his uncle more and more, I know whatever they have planned will be brilliant. 

I tuck in, I'm really going to miss Capitol food when we return home, but I suppose with Flora being a new victor our district will be showered with gifts, I wonder if Harry will be coming to live in 12 if he'll bring his family. Or maybe Flora will go and live with Harry in 4 but surely she wouldn't leave her parents so soon after, I know it might be hard for Flora to accept her parents are here after practically mourning them. 

After all this will they even stay together, I can't cope with her leaving after everything, and more importantly will I see Louis ? and will the other girls see Zayn,Liam and Niall, I know we couldn't bare to leave each other after everything we've been through. 

I suddenly remember the night after we got Flora's parents out of the cells, the coverage, Flora and Harry in the tree, after the dog attack when his foot was on the mend,they were talking about what they'd do when they get out, and then Harry accidentally said something about her parents and they slipped into slience, I wanted to shout at the TV that she would see her parents if she came out but they of course have no idea. 

Niall p.o.v

I take my seat at breakfast next to bethany, Flora and Harry have a new ally, I'm sort of wary of him, they didn't even speak to him before, but district 11's aren't usually anything like careers, and he shared food with them. 

Louis has still given us no news on his grand plan, but he's happier than he has been since Harry was picked at the reaping, so I trust him, and trust that it's going to work. 

we're sitting opposite Flora's dad. 

"Why did Harry and his family have to move district ?" I ask her dad, Bethany had given me sketchy details but it's a touchy subject, I suddenly kick myself for asking this. 

"Niall I-" starts Bethany. 

"No it's okay.." says her Dad, he smiles at me and I give a half smile back. Everyone seems to listen in as he begins, even Jonas and Beth's mum. 

"Well we went on our sunday morning trip to the woods, and Flora always used to come with me even at that age..." he smiles as if remembering and looks sad for a moment before continuing. 

"And she often used to take Harry with her,they had kind of a bond, he had a weird natural calming effect on her.. so he was also helpful to me, and I left them in the clearing while I went to get something my wife had requested and when I came back a wild dog was dead on the floor where Flora had shot it before it attacked Harry, but he was scared and ran off and then when he got to the bottom of the field, straight into the fence and he got a shock before we could reach him the peacekeepers were there and I suppose it's lucky, or I'd be punished by death, but I still regret not being responsible that day" He finished and everybodys silent. 

"So Harry would have died there and then if it wasn't for Flora ?" says Lou. 

He nods silently. 

"Well..they like saving each others lives don't they" Laughs Louis, lightening the tone and picking up his plate taking it to the kitchen. 

Just then Gregory walks in. 

Hanna p.o.v

"Post!" He calls before throwing it with a smack onto the table, giving us a snooty look and leaving, he's useless at his job, but I suppose that's a good thing for us, so he's not prying, he has no idea about our plan. 

There's one envelope, etched in gold, with the Panem crest holding it closed in red wax, it's weird because we haven't had post at all yet since arriving in the capitol. On the front it reads.

Mr & Mrs Hook of district 12, Panem.

Flora's dad takes it gently and turns it a few times inspecting it further. 

"It's a Capitol official letter" Mutters Jonas, with that he pulls the letter open with a satisfying snap from the wax.

He opens it and scans through, smiling. I look to Zayn and he shrugs. 

" Read it aloud " says Lou, He looks to his wife and she nods. 

"This is a letter from your president, please read on : I president snow issue you Mr & Mrs hook a national pardon, you have done overtime for your crimes and we at the Capitol are glad you have been released , there will be no further issues with your existence, and you are allowed to go back to your district and retain your assets, we understand you may wish to obtain your lodging in The Capitol until your child Flora  Hook has finished her time in the arena, we wish her intense luck and it is looking strong, may the odds ever be in her favour, yours adequately, President Snow" He finishes, Everyone's smiling.

"It's good right ?" says Sabrina. 

"Yes of course it is silly!" says Liam. 

"It means we can see Ox!" says Flora's mum wrapping her arms around her husband.

Louis p.o.v

 I look at Jonas, he doesn't seem as happy as the others, I wonder too, there must be something deeper than this, snows sure to have something sinister lurking beneath, he doesn't just forgive people at the end of the day. 

I wonder if he could use them against Flora, because anything that effects Flora.. would bring Harry down too, I'll have to talk to my uncle about it, he must know something if anything's going on.