Destruction - Chapter 2 - Sinking in.

Destruction. 

Chapter 2. 

Louis p.o.v

"NOOO" I hear myself shriek as I watch my bestfriend be boxed in by peacekeepers, I go to rush forward but I feel Liam and Zayns firm grip on my arms. 

"I want to volunteer, I want to volunteer" I say over and over almost hysterically, but I can seem to get it above a whisper. 

"Me too" I hear Niall say as he clamps a hand on my shoulder, but he sounds calm, tears are pouring down my cheeks, I know I'm probably showing myself up..

"But we can't Lou, he wouldn't let us, it will make it harder for him if we kick up a fuss" Whispers Zayn, I try and see through my tears as I watch him climb the stairs, I sniffle trying to stop the tears, watching my best friend walk into what could be his death, I look through the crowd, and see Harry's mum, Anne, she's sobbing tears pouring down her cheeks being held by Harry's dad he looks near to tears, I see Niall go over to stand with her help to comfort her, I can't spot Gemma, maybe this is too much for her, having been through it herself, yet seeing nobody volunteer for her brother.

I watch Harry gulp as he takes his place next to the sobbing little mess that is Raven Glen, I see nobody crying for her, Zayn and Liam gradually release me during the new ambassodars speech, Leanie Hannigan, I don't like the look of her, A thought suddenly strikes me. 

My uncle, he's head gamemaker, he is going to be responsible for my best friend's death, I feel myself start to shake and Liam and Zayn return their stronghold, they must have already realised what I just have.

Sophie p.o.v

I watch Flora, her steps small and silent, her long bright hair falling down her back, unmissable especially in the seam, there's a ripple of shock still going, 'The Reaping Baby' known district wide, some say it was her fate, but she's well loved everyone know's Flora The Reaping Baby and little Ox.

I hear unfamilliar sobs, sobs of people who knew her ? sobs of people who barely did, I look for my mother, me and the girls cling to each other,Hanna's crying softly onto Bethany's shoulder. 

"Mum will look after her, and we'll have contact won't we?" she says trying to be brave for all of us.

Hanna p.o.v

We're released over to our families, my parents greet me with a silent hug as I soak my white dress, I know we're allowed to see her before she leaves for the capitol. Little Ox is clinging to Sophie, he's crying he only half understands but it's impossible not to pick up the atmosphere, he know's his sister, his surrogate mum is gone.

Sophie's mum rounds us up we're allowed in two 3 minuete slots to say goodbye to Flora, We decide Soph, her mum and Ox can go in one, and us and Soph again if she wants to. 

I dry my tears as we go towards the Justice Building it's going to be harder, so much harder for Flora if we're all like this.

Niall p.o.v

"C'mon Bro" I murmer as I prop Louis up and we head towards our Justice bulding,It takes Liam too as he's a dead weight we're all upset but Louis most, because knowing Harry will be at his uncles mercy will be the worst part. 

We wait, Harry's family are going in first, His mum,dad, and Gem, then me and the boys, we want to calm louis down before we go in, we need to be brave for Harry.

"Lou, he'll be okay, he has Jonas as a mentor, he's a legend" Says Zayn. 

"And he's a wizard with his Trident, fast enough to get one at the cornucopia, and he can catch a fish with his bare hands" I add in. 

"Not to mention all the sponsors he'll get, he's so likeable" Says Liam, Louis stops breathing, and someone brings him a drink of water. He sips it greatfully.

Bethany p.o.v

I follow Hanna,Sophie and Sabrina into the room, it's chilly Flora's sitting on the bed hugging her knee's head down. She looks up as the door creaks, her vibrant eyes standing out from her pale tear stained face, she stands up slowly, and we rush to her for an embrace.

She looks up. 

"My mum will keep you safe, I promise" I murmer wiping a tear from her cheek. 

"And while you're at the training centre, Jessica can keep us informed" Says Soph, Jessica's being my mum. 

"And remember, the world will be watching, and most importantly us, we'll always be with you, all you have to do is look into the stars and remember we'll be with you every step of the way" Says Sabrina putting an arm round Flora. 

"You could win this y'know everybody in the district know's how good you are with a bow, you can creep up on a deer and murder it painlessly before it takes it's next breath" says Hanna quietly. 

"She's absolutely right" I speak up. 

"And remember do it for Milo Jepherson, He'll want you more than anything once you come home a victor" Giggles Sabrina, Milo is the school heartthrob,Flora's liked him for so long, but he has no idea,she's to shy. We embrace for the last 30 seconds of our time. 

"Good luck ginge" murmers Sophie.

"Happy birthday" I fix a simple chain bracelet to Flora's hand with no-one but her noticing, a single charm with a peice of coal, symbol of our district. I watch Flora's tears come again as we leave.

Zayn p.o.v

We step through the door, Harry's pacing curls flopped over his eyes. 

"Harry" Louis croaks ,he looks up, he already looks broken. We embrace him one by one in silence. 

"You're a fighter styles, your chances are high, you're strong, and can make a fish hook out of anything" Says Niall in an attempt to cheer things up.

"Not to mention Jonas, he'll do whatever he can for you Harry" murmers Louis. 

"Whatever you do though Harry, no girls, no alliances, that's what Jonas says in his propo videos every year, not even little Raven, she'll be gone before you have a chance to worry" I say firmly eager to get some advice in. 

"Harry remember what you do whenever you're upset or need to motivate yourself ?" Says Louis perching next to Harry on the bed.

"What?" he asks, even I know the awnser to this. 

"You sing Harry, if you think you can't get any further, sing it will help you it always does, it's like therapy to you" Says Louis. The other boys nod. 

"Listen to him Harry" Says Liam, Harry nods and I grab him, and we have a group hug before the peacekeeper comes, I stare daggers at the him

"Good luck curly" I shout as the door is shut and I hear his familiar laugh.

Sophie p.o.v

Ox is still clinging to me as we step through the door, Flora's in the position where we left her, Ox runs to her and she scoops him up,her tears falling onto his little white shirt. 

"Ox listen to me, I'm going away for a little while, I'll be back I'll win for you" She says holding his head cradling him. 

"Don't go..." he says his face screwing up.

"I have to, Sophie and Louise will care for you, I'll be back before you know it!" she says trying to sound brave, she looks at my mum. 

"Don't worry, he'll be fine with us" she says, Flora nods, her shoulders shaking she stands up Ox holding her waist with all his 8 year old might. 

"Look after him" She whispers looking at me. 

"Only if you promise to win" I whisper, she smiles and I kiss her on the forehead patting her back and holding our hug as the peacekeeper walks in. 

"Flora!" cries Ox as it takes me, The peacekeeper and my mother to get him off of her.