Destruction - Chapter 6 - Friends.

Destruction.

Chapter 6. 

Sophie p.o.v

We arrive at our suite in the Capitol, awaiting further instruction, this would be a dream holiday for us normally, but it can't feel like that knowing the reason we're here, and it's no girls holiday without Flora. 

I put my bags down on my bed, and lay back on the pillows, ridiculously comfortable, but not right, not compared to my half broken wooden structure with one lumpy pillow and a scratcy blanket back home.

Beth walks in, just got a message sent up, we're all gathering in the lounge downstairs to watch the opening ceremony, The atmospheres bound to be frosty, everybody wants their loved one's to come home, and only one group will be sucessful in that.

I pull on my best dress, first impressions right  ? good reputation for district 12.

"Ready ?" I ask the girls , they nod and we step into the lift. 

Zayn p.o.v

I'm really not used to this, I think I've already broken the shower, I'm rushing to pull on my shirt as the boys are all ready to leave, I probably haven't smelt this good in ages though, that's a bonus. 

I'm still wondering why we're here, and I am trying to deny it but deep down I know it's not so we're here to congratulate the victor, it's going to be a cruel trap.

"Looking good lads" I grin, as we step into the lift probably reeking of a mish-mash of all the different soaps and shampoo's because I know I tried as many as I could.

"I wonder if they'll be girls there" says Niall. 

"Of course there will, girl tributes mean girl friends right ?" I say. 

"But we're not here for that,we're helping Harry, and they're from a different district, you'll never see her again" says Liam.

"Remember why we're here" Says Louis, as the lift jolts to a stop. 

Louis p.o.v

I know I said that, but as we step through the Lounge door there's a sea of people, I scan the room and zoom in on four girls on the other side, I look to the boys and I know we've all stopped on the same spot.

"In for the kill, yes boys ?" says Zayn. 

"Yes... no... but I said" I protest. 

"We all knew you weren't prepared for this" Says Niall. 

"Making friends ?" says Liam, I nod and follow,Zayn who is practically speed walking. He apporaches a girl with long brown hair and dark green eyes, instantly putting on the flirtyness.The boys all approach a different girl, well no complications there then, and I'm left with the girl I wanted.

Long brown curls, she looks more wary than the other girls, as am I. 

"Hey emm, what's your name ?" I ask grinning. 

"Sophie" she smiles.

Beth p.o.v

None of us were expecting this,we wanted to see Flora and her alone, we weren't expecting 4 gorgeous boys to walk in and come straight towards us. 

The boy who approached me is positively amazing, Blonde wavy hair, and perfect blue eyes, with a cute accent I can't quite place, but I love it. his name, Niall. 

Everyone starts sitting down as the seal of panem comes onto the huge TV screen, we settle onto a leather sofa the boy called Zayn next to Hanna on the sofa arm, Niall is at my feet, and the other boys Louis and Liam position themselves strategically close to Sophie and Sabrina.

There's dark and Ceaser Flickermans voice can be heard above it, and the lights come on revealing the Arena, one emerges and I keep my eyes peeled for Flora, I know she won't be out yet, I wonder if she's got a good stylist. 

Liam p.o.v

When we left the station we tried to agree not to think about girls, but that went out the window, these girls seem nice though, normal, from district 12, definitely no career supporters, Harry comes out, he looks brilliant, he always did have a good body and the rope type thing definitely enhances that, you can see the attention on him and little raven, striking though so small in her shimmery mermaid like outfit.

Sophie p.o.v

I turn to the girls, in utter shock, the district 4 tribute, the boy, he used to live in 12 I'm so sure of it, the others confirm my suspicions, they look as if they feel as shocked as me. 

"Harry" Beth murmers, the others nod. 

"Harry Styles" I gulp. 

"What ?" Asks Louis, the boy who approached me. wait these are Harry's friends ?

"He..he used to live in 12, I'm sure of it" says Sabrina. 

"You know Haz ?" Asks Zayn.

"He was Flora's friend! she saved his life when he was six!" I say shakily. 

"But they.. must recognize each other!" Says Hanna, I realise we're drawing attention from the other tributes friends and family. Louis turns to me. 

"So your friend and Harry know each other ?" he says seeming concerened, I nod, just in time to hear a collective breath from the television, and then roars of cheering, and ceaser flickerman shout over it about the district 12 tributes, Ade's supporters some of which we know erupt into cheering, I snap my head round.

Niall p.o.v

The girl tribute from 12, the girls' friend, she matches them she's beautiful but completely different looking, firey ginger hair and eyes a shade of green you could see them from the very top seats of the ceremony arena, her hair blending with her skin tight suit, then with a puff of air it's like the streamers on her dress are ignited, she looks like she's made of fire.

All eyes are on her, I see Harry turn up ahead, and he watches her, while me and the boys watch him watching her. Apparently they know each other, and she saved his life before he moved districts, Knowing Harry the way we do me and the boys all instantly know, he'll be etternally greatful even if she wasn't as beautiful as she is, but even from the way he's looking at her now, you can tell he's falling for her. 

I look at Louis, and he looks back a look of despair, at his best friends flaws, why does he have to fall for a girl in a situation which means, her life.. or his.

Sabrina p.o.v

Flora looked amazing, the sponsors will be fighting for her, it's clear from the crowds reaction, but something lies deeper, the way Harry, he looked at her, this kind of relationship is dangerous, when they are heading at a fast pace towards death. 

The camera's zoom towards the tributes climbing off in the huge domed room through the tunnel at the other end, they climb off and Harry heads straight towards Flora, they might not know it yet, and Flora almost certainly doesn't, but somethings there and being alone and facing death in the arena will only spur it on. 

Liam, Harry's friend turns to me, he looks upset, the room is almost silent as if everyone's witnessed the relationships forming.