Magi: Hiraeth

By lilyofthelamplight_

"Even the mightiest of kings fall once forced to the edge." The longing for a place you called home that neve... More

Author's Note
Epigram
Prologue
1: Xue Kingdom
2: The 23rd Dungeon
3: The Boy Who Emerged from the Wormhole
4: To Sindria
5: Sinbad, King of Sindria
Character Profile: Yukiko Heiwa
Character Profile: Aoren Heiwa
6: Lady of the Tundra
Omake
7: Dawning
8: Memories from Kou
Omake
9: Before the storm
10: Birthday
11: Glorious Sindria
Lost Scroll
12: Feelings
13: Shattered
14: The Fallen
15: Emptiness
16: Gone
17: The Kingdom of Kina
18: Snow Child
19: Realization
20: The Flame Emperor
21: Welcome Home
Omake
22: Rebellion
23: News
24: Ascending
25: His Decision. Her Decision.
26: Queen Yukiko Heiwa
27: The Kou Empire
28: Stay with me
29: Back in Sindria
Omake
30: Decisions
31: The Road to Magnostadt
32: The Darkness
33: Missing you
☆☆** 2017 **☆☆
35: As A Representative
36: Her Return
37: To Be Like Before
Lost Scroll: The Past (A Recap Chapter)
38: Sinbad and Yukiko
39: Vulnerable
40: Prelude to Darkness
41: Resurfacing Darkness
42: The Difference Between Us
43: Sorrowful Feelings
44: Tears
2nd Anniversary
45: Forms of Love
46: By the Sun
47: King Vessels
48: King Vessels pt.2
49: Balbadd
50: Impasse
51: In Each Others Arms
52: Different
53: Moon
54: Summit

34: The Place She Once Called Home

2.2K 108 6
By lilyofthelamplight_

The Place She Once Called Home

At the ports of Sindria, the people are busy as usual, but it was not because of their businesses. They were all busy preparing for a party to celebrate the coming home of their king. It was also to celebrate the noble and victorious fight that he has done in the home country of one of his eight generals, Magnostadt, against the Kou Empire.

They were all excited to see their king after his absence. They were all praying for his safe return and victory. The musicians were preparing to play the festive music and the song that’ll surely glorify their King, his generals, and his beautiful country. A song that their beloved Lady left them two years ago as a gift: Glorious Sindria.

“I see it! The King’s ship is just at the horizon!” exclaimed one soldier who is standing on top of a tower by the bay. The people yelled in happiness knowing that their King has safely returned to them. The beating drums were heard to set up the festive mood,

“...wait! There’s a Kou Empire ship flying its colors!”

“There’s also an unusual ship behind it!” A huge sea vessel with an unusual design, structure, and an unknown flag flying a huge sky blue sail with a character for snow written on an eight pointed snowflake with a white dragon circling it was just behind the Kou Empire ship.

This alarmed the citizens of Sindria. Didn’t their King fought against Kou? Wasn’t he victorious? Why is an enemy ship with him along with an unknown one?

The Sindrian flag ship where the king was riding was the first one to drop anchor at port. The King was the first one to descend and he was smiling and waving to his citizens.

Seeing the expression their king was wearing assured them that everything was fine making them start playing the festive music. The trumpets were played as soon as he step on land, signaling his return.

The song Glorious Sindria was played as the generals Drakon and Yamuraiha followed him. The people were cheering ad saying “Welcome home!” as they shower the war heroes with flower petals and adorn them with colorful flower garlands while singing:

🎶"Sindria of Glory, home of our hearts

🎶"The bonds that unite us cannot be replaced

🎶"Let’s cherish beautiful Sindria & its  long-lasting peace, my friends.

🎶"This is our oath"🎶

Amidst the festivity celebrating the island country’s King return, the Kou Empire ship was the second one to drop anchor. Soldiers from Kou who numbered around thirty marched down from the ship to the unknown one who also dropped anchor. Two male descended from the unknown ship wearing noble looking armor and clothing. Their hair colors were orange and black respectively so were the color of their armor and clothing. They stood at attention at the end of the ramp as if waiting for someone.

“Her Majesty, the Queen of the Kingdom of Xue, Head of the Eight Estates and official representative of the Kou Empire: Heiwa Yukiko has arrived. Atten--tion!” Announced the male with black hair.

The soldiers from Kou stood at attention doing their country’s salute while bowing their head slightly in respect. A woman descended from the ramp wearing elaborate and elegant robes of blue and a crown like hairpins with tassels of gold at the end of each sides that sways and jiggles a she walks with a blue gem at the center. She was also holding a fan with the similar color. Her white hair and green eyes shone like gems when the tropic sunlight of the country touched it.

She was followed with one more man wearing the same article of clothing as those of the two earlier only that it is green in color.

"Official representative of Kou they said?"

“Isn’t that, Lady Yukiko?” asked one spectator as he looks on.

“It really is her! Lady Yukiko has returned home!” The people cheered her name as they shower her with petals. They were joyful to see their missing lady back home in Sindria.

Meanwhile, Yukiko wasn't expecting such a welcome from them. She was announced as a Kou Empire representative yet the people seemed to pay no mind to that fact. She gave them a small thankful smile.

Even if she hated the one ruling the country, she can't possibly hate these kind people who loved her for four years now. The noble men with her were given garlands of flowers as a welcome gift and the same was given to Yukiko by a child. She gave the little girl a small nod as thanks which the girl returned with a huge smile.

Sinbad was just looking on at the scene silently. He was watching every move she makes, her smile, the way she walks, everything. She looks so different from when he last saw her. She really gives off a vibe of a royal queen who is now ruling an entire kingdom.

“Sin, we should probably head back to the palace now.” Jafar snapped him out of his trance with his statement. “We still need to prepare the room for our guests.” The freckled chancellor added who was smiling cheerfully. It was no mistake to say that Jafar was clearly delighted to see Yukiko again.

"O-Oh..Of course..Let's go." He replied and began walking up the path to the palace as he was followed by the eight generals and some of his soldiers.

"Yukiko-sama, we can't possibly let you walk up all the way there." Midoriko Asahi, the one with the green hair said. He is someone who is calm and logical.

"They didn't prepare a carriage? That place is too far, my Queen." Reiji Irai, the one with the orange hair said before clicking his tongue. He is someone who can be easily irritated and annoyed.

"Um, I actually can you know.." she tried to say but Kurosaki Ranada, the man with long black hair cut her off.

"My queen, you are an official of the Kou Empire and "bride" to the General Commander of the Western Subjugation Army, Prince Ren Kouen himself. It seems that they don't know about the former part yet but, with your position right now, we must follow protocol. You can't walk up there since it'll be like you are under them. I'm sorry for my brazen words, Yukiko-sama." He apologizes in the end. He is someone who grew up with Aoren and treated Yukiko as if she is his own sister. He was only thinking of her sake.

Yukiko just nodded in reply as if saying she understands what these three lords of hers want to say.

"All right. But since we don't have any form of transportation for land, what should we use?" She asked them.

"I can carry you in my arms--! THAT HURTS, MIDORIKO!" Reiji yelled when he got slapped behind his head by the man.

"Keep your wild thoughts away from Yukiko or you'll see yourself falling from a cliff by Aoren." Kurosaki glared at him.

"My Lords, My Queen, if I may be so bold, we do have our magic carpets. Prince Kouen gave them to us to transport Yukiko-sama around." The head of the soldiers from Kou stated.

The three gave a nod of approval for the idea and with the help of the magicians they brought from their country, Xue, they were able to operate the said magic tool. They were soon following Sinbad's parade up the path to the palace.

The familiar blue domes of the castle greeted Yukiko's plane of sight once they reached the top of the path. Reiji assisted her from getting down the carpet as they watch the gates being opened for the king. The trumpets were blown as the king passes by and they followed.

They arrived at the White Aries Tower where the civil officials attend to their duty. At the ground floor of the building is where His Majesty grants his audience.

"It really is Lady Yukiko.." Murmur the civil officials ad they see her walk by. She then stopped infront of Sinbad who is now sitting on his throne with Jafar and Masrur standing at the either side of him.

"I am Kurosaki Ranada, the head of the Shadow Estate of the Eight State of Xue, one of the Seven Lords and the Queen's main guard for this visit. We will be staying here until the summit that'll be held in two months." He introduced himself and announced their purpose.

"Proceed." Sinbad urge him. The introduction was so formal just like the first time Yukiko and Aoren introduced themselves before him.

"This is Reiji Irai of the Sunset Estate, also one of the Seven Lords." Reiji step forward and did the salute of his country lowering his head a bit as a sign of respect.

"This is Midoriko Asahi of the Forest Estate, one of the Seven Lords as well." Midoriko did the same as what Reiji did.

"Our Queen, will be staying here as the official representative of Kou. She was requested by you, am I correct?" He asked Sinbad.

"Yes, you are correct. I requested for her as an assurance so that Kou will not attempt anymore subjugation until the summit." He replied.

"I see. Then, let me introduce her. Yukiko of the Heiwa family, the rulers of the Sky Etate. Queen of the Kingdom of Xue, Overall head of the Eight State and the one who mobilizes the Seven Lords."

Yukiko heard some whispers and gasp from the crowd. That is a long title afterall and with that title, she shoulders a lot on her shoulder now that she is Queen. She needs to keep her head up as she battles this two months of being in the land that betrayed her. The place she once called home.

"Yukiko, it has been a long time." Sinbad said as he stood up from his throne.

▪▪▪ - - - - - ••• - - - - - ••• - - - - - ▪▪▪

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.2K 2K 34
*I do not own Magi or any of it's characters* Several hundred years after the Kou Empire civil war, Al-Thamen is completely defeated. The battle was...
4.2K 63 13
Stories for Anime & Manga Series Magi. Non- x Reader Alternative Universe Canon Non-smut Contents •Regret (Sinbad) •Hidden Feelings (Sinbad x Jafar) ...
524 40 10
Book 2! First book is "One Little Push Is All It Takes" Based in the years 2015 but I kinda changed our time period a little. I also wanted to make...
315K 9.5K 72
• Book One • A king can't be a king without the strength of a queen. This story follows a young Sinbad on his journey to establish his own country an...