I Dare You

Galing kay ThereseJoyBChen

Carlie Ashley Everett meets her unlikely match at the worst time of her life. In this case, timing is indeed... Higit pa

CHAPTER 1 - Good Bye, Summer
CHAPTER 2 - The Victory Party
CHAPTER 3 - When In Parsons
CHAPTER 4 - The First Two Months
CHAPTER 5 - Second Chances Come At A Cost
CHAPTER 6 - Back Together
CHAPTER 7 - Too Good To Be True
CHAPTER 8 - Broken Holidays
CHAPTER 9 - Fresh Start
CHAPTER 10 - An Unexpected Friend
CHAPTER 11 - Been Waiting For Someone Like You
CHAPTER 12 - Officially Together
CHAPTER 13 - The Sweetest Thing
CHAPTER 14 - There's Always A First For Everything
CHAPTER 15 - Change Is Coming
CHAPTER 16 - I Want You Back

CHAPTER 17 - You Win Some You Lose Some

8 0 0
Galing kay ThereseJoyBChen

CHAPTER 17 - You Win Some, You Lose Some

Carlie and Kevin keep working on themselves and their relationship. Ultimately they've realized that relationships are hard work and that it's far from perfect. They both did a lot of growing up when they broke up, which is a good thing.

One night, Carlie was getting ready while Kevin was lounging on Carlie's bed waiting for her. "Carls, we're gonna be late." He said as he checks his phone. Carlie pops out of her bathroom and grabs Kevin by his collar, "Stop worrying, everything will be fine." She said and then kisses him. Then he wraps his arms around her waist while she wraps her arms around his neck, "I know how hard you've been working to make tonight happen." She said softly. "I know. Sometimes, I just can't believe it's real." He replied. "Well believe it. I'm already so proud of you." She said and kissed him. Kevin smiled and adjusts his glasses, "Now, are you ready to go or what?" He asked. Carlie let go of him, "Just give me five more minutes and I'm good to go." She said and trotted to the bathroom. "C'mon Carlie, you already look so beautiful." He said. "Five minutes." She replied. Kevin sighed and had no choice but to wait for her.

So Kevin has been working hard with his photography and decided to display some of his work in a small gallery where he holds a mini get together to celebrate his hard work, also auctioning off some of his photographs.

After a while, Carlie emerges from her bathroom looking as gorgeous as ever and Kevin grabs both their coats then they get in Carlie's car. As they enroute to the gallery, Carlie uses this opportunity to talk to Kevin. She saw that he was getting nervous as his hands were shaking a bit. Carlie holds Kevin's hand then he looks at her, "Everything's gonna be fine." She said softly. Kevin smiled, "As long as you'll be there with me, I know it will be." He replied and she kisses his cheek.

When they arrived, they see Kevin's parents, George and Helen and his brother, William along with his sister, Sarah and her husband, Thomas. They also see Tiffany, Nick, Michelle and her boyfriend Carter, Daniel and his girlfriend India, and lastly, Kevin's other friends also came to support him.

Kevin goes to greet his family with Carlie tailing behind him, "It's so good to see you guys." He said and they all hug each other. "We're sorry the others couldn't come, sweetheart." Helen said as she stroked his cheek. "No worries, I know they're busy." Kevin replied. "But thank you guys for coming, it really means a lot that you guys are here." He said sincerely.

Then they see Carlie, "How wonderful to see you again, Ms. Everett." George said. Kevin holds Carlie's hand, "We heard you were the one who inspired Kevin to do all this." William said to Carlie. Carlie chuckled nervously, "I wouldn't say inspired, maybe more like encouraged." She said squeezing his hand. "Kevin is very talented and has been working very hard, so I thought why not get a head start by putting your name out there and displaying and auctioning off his work." She said. "Which I think is a good idea." Thomas said. "Though this is not what Kevin would do, you know being shy and all but it's a good step towards his goal." Sarah said. Kevin smiles at Carlie, "You truly have gotten out of your shell, Kev." William said. Kevin scratches the back of his head and smiles at his family, "I couldn't have done it without Carlie." He said.

After a while, Carlie and Kevin separate. Carlie went to Michelle and Daniel to talk. "I'm so glad you guys came." Carlie said and hugged the two of them. "Of course we'd come." Michelle said. "We wanted to support the person who gives us food and coffee most of the time." Daniel joked. Carlie playfully hits him and they all laugh. "So the centerpiece for this auction is a huge ass photo of somebody's hands holding a bucket of paint, then splattering it, I assume, on your face?" Michelle asked. "How'd you know it was me? You could barely see my face." Carlie said. "Well it's obvious from the physique that it's you, Carls." Daniel spoke as he examined the photo. "You know, now that I think of it, the photos being displayed are a mix of landscape and art." He added as he looked around. "But they're all black and white." Michelle noticed. "That is correct. Kevin wanted to play around with the level of degrees as to why it's black and white." She said. "I can't explain it as good as he does but his unconventional methods in getting these photos especially in black and white is very impressive." She added. "Agreed. He makes black and white photos not boring at all." Michelle said.

Then they grab champagne and talk some more, "So guys, I have an announcement to make." Daniel said. Carlie and Michelle listened intently, "I'm planning to drop out of Parsons  to pursue creative writing/literature at NYU." He said. Carlie and Michelle's eyes widen and jaws dropping, "What?!" Michelle reacted. "Why?!" Carlie reacted. "Well it's only a plan, I haven't worked out the kinks yet." Daniel said. "C'mon Daniel, you can't quit at least not now." Michelle said. "We're almost in our last year of college. It'd be a waste to throw it away and start over." Carlie added. "That is true, you both gave valid concerns. Which is why the solution I came up with is pretty much what i plan to do." Daniel said. "Which is?" Michelle asked. "I want to help India's mom's interior design firm, so yes I can't quit at least not now. After I graduate, I plan to study creative writing/literature to pursue my own dreams." Daniel said.

Carlie and Michelle give him a concerned look, "Has your father allowed you to do that? Since technically you are the heir to the Radisson hotel chain fortune and the successor of your father." Carlie said. Daniel laughs, "Yes, I am technically a few seconds older than my twin sister, Sam but sadly I am not the heir and successor as she is being groomed to take the helm after studying in Yale. And no, my father doesn't know about this plan. I think right now he assumes that I'll be helping out Sam but in all honesty, I don't think I can help her." He said. "Why not?" Carlie asked. "Do you even know who my twin sister is? Samantha Caroline Radisson, doesn't need anybody's help." Daniel replied. "But India needs your help?" Michelle asked. "No, but I love her and I do want to help her out as she doesn't have any experience in our field." He replied. "How about your mom? Does she know?" Carlie asked. Daniel crosses his arms, "Yes, she knows it's my passion and how bad I want to pursue it. Which is why, she's mentoring me right now so one day I can lead her publishing company." He said. "And everything works out in the end." Michelle said. "I just need to face my father head on." Daniel replied. Carlie and Michelle nod, "As long as whatever you plan you make, makes you happy then I'll support you." Carlie said. "You've got my support too." Michelle added. "Thanks guys, it really means a lot." Daniel said.

After that, Carlie rejoins Kevin and supports her man and doesn't leave his side which Kevin appreciated. She also brought in her friends from high places to look at Kevin's work without his knowledge. But Kevin begins to suspect every time Carlie introduces him to her friends which made Kevin a little iffy. So Kevin talks to Carlie, "Hey, I really appreciate you supporting me and inviting your friends for me..." He trailed off seeing Carlie glowing with joy. "But?" She asked knowing full well what Kevin meant. Kevin looks around and then looks at her, "But I don't want to, for lack of a better term, use you in that way to get ahead in life." He said as honestly as he could. Carlie holds his hand, "I understand where you're coming from. But Kev, you're not using me in any way at all. I know you didn't ask me to help our but I genuinely want to help you out. New York is my city, I just happen to know a lot of somebody's and you've got a talent for telling stories with your pictures. So how could I not jump at the opportunity to help out my boyfriend?" She said. Kevin kisses her hand, "And I love you for being so thoughtful but please just tell me next time you do something like this, okay?" He replied. Carlie nods, "Fine." She gave in.

Kevin's photo auction at the gallery was a success, he sold half of the photographs he took and everyone who attended took notice of Kevin's talent.

After the event, Nick threw a mini after-party for Kevin at Walker's Bistro attended by Kevin, Carlie, Justin, Tiffany, Nick, Brooke, Leo, Michelle, Daniel and India. They all have a great time chatting with each other. Then Nick stands up and proposes a toast. He clanks the champagne glass gently calling the attention of everybody at the table, "Here's to Kevin and the success of his event. I wish you nothing but the best, buddy. Cheers!" He said and they all clanked each others glasses. "Speech, speech, speech, speech!" Everyone at the tables cheered. Kevin got all shy and didn't want to do it but they didn't stop saying "Speech." So he stood up and gave a short speech.

"As you all know, I'm a person who shies away from giving speeches but for this occasion I have a few words I'd like to share with everybody." Kevin said as Carlie squeezes his hand. "First of all, I'd like to thank everybody for coming out to support me tonight. It really means a lot to me. Second, just wanted to thank you for inviting your friends to come to the event as well. It truly was great help..." He trails off. Carlie gives Kevin a kiss on the hand, "I'm so proud of you." She said softly. Kevin smiles at her and looks into her eyes, "Lastly, I wouldn't have done all this if it weren't for you. So I'd like to thank you for everything, Carls." He replied. "You're gonna make me cry." She said as her eyes got watery and laughed palely. Kevin has her hand, "If you'll cry, I'll cry too." He said with a pale smile. Carlie laughs, "I love you so much." She said. "I love you too." He replied. "So lets raise a glass to Kevin!" Carlie said. "Salut!" Some said. "Cheers!" The others said and then they drank their drinks. Kevin sits back down and kisses Carlie's hand and then enjoyed conversing with everybody at the dinner.

After the dinner, they all went to Carlie and Tiffany's house to chill and drink some more. While at the rooftop, Kevin leaned on the railings and looked at the beautiful city lights while sipping his drink. Carlie noticed this while she was in conversation with the others. She excuses herself and then goes to Kevin.

Carlie hugs Kevin from the back, "What're you doing here alone, Kev?" She asked. Kevin sighed, "Just admiring the view." He replied. "What're you thinking?" She asked. Kevin turned to face her and wrapped his arms around her waist, "Today was so surreal. Who would've thought a boy so timid and shy like me would achieve something so great like today." He said. Carlie brushes her hands through his hair, "Don't ever doubt for a second how talented you are." She said. He looks down, "Thank you, Carls." He said. Then he looks into her eyes, "Thank you for always believing in me. You really push me to become the best version of myself and I love you for that. I hope I'm worthy enough to stand by your side because you mean the world to me." He said. "Kevin Keaton, you big goofball, I dare you to stand by my side... for the rest of my life." She replied with a huge smile. Kevin laughs and blushes, "You dare me, huh?" He joked. "I dare you to love me, to cherish me and to grow old with me." She said as a matter-of-factly. "That's the plan, Carls." He said. They look into each others eyes, "I love you." He said. "I love you too." She replied then they kiss.

A few days later, at Kevin's place Carlie was laying on his bed reading a book while Kevin was on his laptop playing Starcraft with Justin and their other friends. "Hey Kev, can you pass me the glass of water?" She repeatedly asked. Kevin ignored her as he was so into his game plus he was wearing headphones so he really couldn't hear.

Carlie was annoyed and so she pulled down the headphones, "Carlie I'm in the middle of the game. What do you want?" He asked. "I asked you to pass the water like a bunch of times already." She replied. "I'm sorry, I was on my headphones. But now that you're standing you can get it." He said then puts back his headphones on. Carlie glares at him but again he's so focused on his game. "Justin, they're right behind you look out!" Kevin yells into his gaming headphones.

Carlie was getting annoyed and so she sits on Kevin's lap and wraps her legs around him. "Carlie, what are you doing?!" Kevin asked annoyed as well. "Look at me." She demanded and blocks his view. "Carls, what do you want?!" He asked. "Your girlfriend cancelled all her plans today to come over to hang out with her boyfriend but he's not even paying attention to her." She replied. "I told you that we were going to play Starcraft today but you insisted in coming anyway." He said still trying to play the game. "Because I want to be with you!" She raised her voice but Kevin ignores her.

Then Carlie started undressing while still wrapping her legs around Kevin. "What're you doing?" He asked. Carlie was just wearing her underwear now and that got Kevin's attention. Kevin's jaw drops and Carlie raised an eyebrow, "Now do I have your attention?" She asked. "Carlie, come on." He said. "Now are you gonna keep playing your games or are you gonna hang out with me?" She said. Kevin swallowed his saliva as he looked at his half-naked girlfriend sitting on his lap.

"Boys, I'm gonna have to go right now. There's an emergency." Kevin said. Then he slowly removes his headphones, puts it on the table and turns off the computer. Then he wraps his arms around her waist and then goes down to kiss her stomach and then her chest. He grabs hold of his shirt on the floor and raises it, "If we're going to be hanging out, can you at least put a shirt on?" He said and closed his eyes with a smile. Carlie rolled her eyes and puts on the shirt, "Are you happy now?" She asked. Kevin opens his eyes and kisses her, "Now what does my beautiful girlfriend want to do today?" He asked. Carlie grabs his face, "I really want you right now." She said. Then she felt something, "Oh and I guess you want me too." She said as she looked down and laughed. Kevin got shy, "Of course I want you but now is not the time for that." He said. "Your little friend doesn't seem to think so." She replied. Kevin was getting all red now, "You're so hot I can't help it." He said and looked away. "Then let's do it right now." She suggested. Kevin carries her and she kisses him deeply.

Then they crash on the bed, he's on top of her and she couldn't keep her hands from grabbing Kevin. Then Kevin stops, "Carlie, this is going too fast." He said as she kept kissing him. "Just let it happen." She replied. Kevin grabs hold of her arms and pins them down, "I love you. I do. But let's slow down." He said. Carlie sighs, "How much longer are we talking here?" She asked innocently. Kevin doesn't answer her and sits on the bed, Carlie sat up and hugs him from the back, "I'm sorry." She said. "No I'm the one who should be sorry." He replied. "C'mon lets just watch some Netflix." She said. Kevin nods, "Yeah choose something, I'll go get some snacks downstairs." He said and then left abruptly.

She went after him, then she saw him take a deep breath in the kitchen. "What am I doing?" He said to himself then slaps his face with both his hands. Carlie realizes that what she did might have been a little unfair to him. She goes back to the room and waits for him.

When Kevin came back bringing snacks, Carlie hugged him. "I'm so sorry." She said. "That was unfair of me." She added. "No it's my fault. I'm sorry I'm making you wait." He replied. Carlie puts both her hands on his cheeks and makes him look at her, "I will wait for as long as it takes." She said. "Can you really?" Kevin joked. They both laugh and look into each other's eyes, "I love you." She added. Kevin smiled and gives her a deep kiss, "If you kiss me like that, it's a little hard not to restrain myself from you." She said. "Come on, I'm not that good of a kisser." He joked and she playfully hits him. "C'mon lets watch a movie." She replied and then they relax on his bed and watch a movie on Netflix.

A few weeks after, Hyacinth Vandien, a celebrity and a fellow alumna of Parsons, who has a keen eye for art and interior design asked a select few of interior design students from her alma mater to design her new penthouse apartment in West Central Park. Carlie and her team (Michelle and Daniel) were selected to compete in the interior design competition where the best interior design chosen were to be used to design her new penthouse. Not only will Hyacinth use their design, she will also give your team a cash prize of 100k as well as open opportunities for you.

They were given three weeks (a total of one month) to design her 5,300 square foot home in West Central Park. Carlie and her team worked above and beyond with sleepless nights fueled by coffee.

"Does this go here?" Michelle asked Carlie. "No that goes over there." Carlie replied. "No I think it stays right here." Daniel replied. Carlie and Michelle thought about it and thought Daniel made sense. "Daniel, you finished the master bathroom already right?" Carlie asked. "Yeah I put it right beside the printer, I'm finishing up the office right now." Daniel replied. "Carlie, are you finished with the master bedroom?" Michelle asked. "Yeah, just about." Carlie replied. "I'll work on the living room right after." She added. "Great, we're making great time." Daniel said.

As Kevin, Nick and Tiffany looked on they were amazed with what they saw. "The level of cooperation these three have are unlike anything I've ever seen." Kevin commented. "These three should start their own company." Tiffany said. "You know, that wouldn't be a bad idea." Nick replied as he hugs Tiffany from the back. Then Kevin brings three cups of coffee to where they were. "Thank you, Kev." Carlie said and gives him a quick kiss. "You're a lifesaver, Kev." Daniel said. "Just what we needed. Thank you Kevin." Michelle added. Kevin joins Tiffany and Nick again, "Are you ready to work on our group paper?" Tiffany asked. "Hold up, you guys are going to do homework?" Nick asked. "Yeah that's why I invited him over." Tiffany replied. "I thought we were gonna do something fun tonight? I haven't seen you in forever." Nick said. "We will, after Kevin and I finish our paper." Tiffany replied as Nick groaned. "Fine." Nick said. "Now let's go." Tiffany said.

Around 4 AM in the morning, Kevin woke up from his nap on Tiffany's couch and saw Tiffany and Nick passed out on the bed. He checks his laptop and saw that Tiffany had finished it. Then he goes out of her room and goes to where Carlie and her team were working (her private workstation on the floor above). As he carefully took the steps upstairs, he sees Carlie still going at it while Michelle and Daniel are passed out on the floor.

As Kevin looks on, he saw how hard Carlie worked. This was one of the things he loved about her, she never does things half-assed. He takes a sneaky photo of her on his film camera. "Are you gonna say something or are you just gonna stand there and watch me?" Carlie asked softly as she noticed Kevin. "I just wanted to see how you're doing." He said. "Doing great, thanks." She replied. Kevin goes near her and bends over with his face next to hers, "You should really take a break." He whispered. "I can't, we've only got three more days to finish this thing." She replied not breaking eye contact with her designs. "C'mon, you need sleep too." He replied. "Sleep is for the weak." She said. Kevin couldn't help but giggle and kisses her cheek, "Even if I dare you to sleep you still won't do it?" He asked. "That's not how you play the game." She replied. "Fair enough. I'll be in your bedroom if you need me." He said and leaves.

Carlie thought about lots of things, but the fact that Kevin being in her bedroom could mean that they could... No, no, no, she shook the thought away. "Focus Carlie!" She said to herself. But an hour later, she stops and leaves her private work station.

Carlie leans on the door frame and sees a half-naked Kevin sitting on her bed sleeping like a baby. She slowly walks towards him and sits on the bed. Kevin wakes up, "I just couldn't back out on the dare." She said. Kevin smiles tiredly, "Come here. Let me recharge you." He said. Carlie cuddles up to him and he soothes her back, "Now let's go to sleep." He whispered.

Three days later. When the day came to announce the winners, Kevin was there along with Tiffany, Nick and Carlie's family. Carlie and her team along with the other two groups that were selected finished presenting their plans earlier that day. During the afternoon portion there was a cocktail party being held by Hyacinth as they wait for her announcement.

While near the luxurious buffet table, Nick, Tiffany and Kevin talk. "That's Carlie's family." Nick said pointing to Charles, Cassidy and Chase. "Have you really not been introduced?" Tiffany asked. "Nope." Kevin replied. "But you've been dating for awhile though." Tiffany comments. "So why?" Nick asked. "I don't know really, there's always something happening between us that delays meeting her family." Kevin replied. "Like what?" Nick asked. "I was supposed to meet them a few months ago but we were broken up for a while." Kevin replied. "Oh." Tiffany and Nick reacted. "It's fine, we're passed that." Kevin replied. "So now maybe you'll get to meet them." Nick said. "I doubt it. Carlie mentioned that Mr and Mrs Everett have to go somewhere after and Chase has a meeting at the office after as well." Kevin replied. Nick scratched his head, "Well I'm sure you'll get to meet them somehow and someday." He said. "It's fine. I'll leave it all up to Carlie." Kevin replied.

"Are you nervous?" Charles asked his daughter. "Yeah, I'm really nervous." Carlie replied. "Don't be, you did great out there sweetie." Charles said. "Did I really? It didn't look like Hyacinth was feeling it." Carlie replied. "Correction, Ms Vandien just has a very stoic face and that's why she looked like she wasn't feeling it." Chase commented. "Thanks for trying to cheer me up, Chase." Carlie said and looped her arm around Chase's arm. "Win or lose, the most important thing that I hope you'll get out of this is that you and your team did your best and you see the value of hard work." Cassidy said. "Thanks mom." Carlie replied.

After that, Hyacinth Vandien enters the platform and clanks her champagne flute. "Hi everyone, first and foremost I would like to thank you all for coming. Earlier today, we saw the presentations of the three groups I've carefully selected and after careful deliberation I'm pleased to inform all of you that my team and I have picked a winner." She said. "In third place, can we all raise a glass to..." Hyacinth called out the group and thanked them. While they were still talking on stage, Carlie looks around searching for Kevin.

Kevin spots her and looks at her, Carlie finally saw him and smiles. "Good luck!" He mouthed to her. "Thanks." She replied. Carlie then looks at her dad, "Thanks for being here dad, it really means a lot." She said. Charles hold his daughter's hand, "I wouldn't miss this for the world." He replied softly then they both smile at each other.

"In first place... Between the two groups left, let me tell you, it was a really hard decision to make. They were so close that the only difference was one vote. The team was so torn and divided between the two groups. But we had to do what we had to do." Hyacinth said. "Now let's all raise a glass to the group who gave such a valiant effort and will be given the chance to work with my team in creating my new place." She added. "Congratulations..."

When she announced the winner, the world felt like it was in slow motion. Carlie, Michelle and Daniel looked at each other and looked down. Charles, Cassidy and Chase reach out to Carlie. Kevin, Tiffany and Nick were all shocked to hear what they just heard.

As the confetti and the streamers filled the air, Carlie's tears started forming in her eyes, Michelle hugs Daniel tight and he tries to comfort her. Charles squeezed Carlie's hand tight, Chase pats her back and Cassidy lifts Carlie's chin up. She wiped the tears from her eyes, grabbed Michelle and Daniel and shook hands with the winners of the contest when they were called up on stage.

Carlie and her team came in second place.

After the announcement of winners, Carlie's family hugged her tight. Michelle's mother and brother also comforted her. Lastly, Daniel's mother and sister was there for him.

Carlie's friends and family console her and she accepts it like a champ. She was disappointed at herself and blamed herself for failing their team but they cheered her up and were good sports

"What a trooper." Chase said. "We're still so proud of you, sweetheart." Cassidy added. "At least you know, you fail now so you can succeed later." Charles said. "Thank you guys, I love you." Carlie said and hugged them. Then Charles looks at the time, "I would love to stick around, sweetheart but your mother and I have somewhere to be." He said. "Yeah, I know. I'll see you guys at the house for thanksgiving this weekend." She replied. Cassidy kisses her cheeks, "I love you, sweetheart. See you this weekend." She replied. "I love you too, mom." Carlie said and they hugged before Charles and Cassidy left. "I hate to be the brother that leaves their sister like this, but I also have somewhere to be." Chase said. "It's really not a problem. I'll see you this weekend." Carlie replied. Chase hugs her, "Ahh I'm so proud of you. Good job, Carls." He said and then they part ways.

Carlie's friends and her team approach her, "Are you guys okay?" Tiffany asked. "The loss is still fresh but we're good." Daniel replied. "Well let's still celebrate despite not winning." Nick said trying to lighten the situation. Michelle smiled, "Not opposed to that idea." She said. "We deserve it." She added.

While the others talk, Carlie notices Kevin being silent as he stood by the back. She approaches him, "Hey there stranger." She said and then wraps her arms around him. Kevin wraps his arms around Carlie too, "Are you okay?" She asked. He smiled palely, "I think I should be the one asking you that." He said. "You just seemed so quiet. Is something wrong?" She asked. "I'm just sad for you. I knew how much you wanted to win." He replied. "Psshhh, it's okay. I already feel like a winner now that you're here with me." She said. Kevin smiled and kisses her, "C'mon guys, lets go home." Tiffany said and they bid good bye to the others before returning to their place.

When they reached their place, Kevin surprises Carlie with a party, with the help of Tiffany of course, something Kevin didn't like doing but did it for Carlie. When they got to Carlie's place, she was surprised that her some of her close friends were there. "Oh my god, Kev. Did you do all this for me?" Carlie asked. "Yes but I couldn't have done it without Tiffany." Kevin replied. "Awe thank you. You're the best." Carlie replied and they kissed.

When they got to Carlie's place, she was surprised that her close friends and her group mates were there. She knows full well that Kevin wasn't much of a party guy but put that aside for her. She then thanked everybody for coming and then mixed and mingled with them.

Carlie, Michelle and Daniel share a moment as they looked on to the skyline. "I can't believe we lost." Michelle said as she sipped her champagne. "I can." Carlie replied. "They probably needed that win more than we did." She added. "I don't know if we just haven't accepted defeat yet or you're just a nice person, Carlie." Daniel said. They laughed, "I for one was disappointed that we lost, but I'm also thankful." Michelle said. "Yeah?" Daniel asked. "We got to work our hardest, we got to help each other out with the struggles that came our way, we got to witness how much we've grown since our freshman days and to me that's reward enough." Michelle replied. Carlie puts an arm around Michelle, "You're gonna make me cry." She said. "Well said, Michelle." Daniel said. "As a man who usually has a lot of words to say, all I can muster up is a thank you. Thank you to you both for always being there for me, thank you for always pushing me to become a better version of myself and most importantly thank you for being the best friends a guy can ask for. I love you guys." He said. Carlie and Michelle tear up, "You know, since we're all being emotional and grateful right now I also want to share my two cents." Carlie said.

"The last four years have been the best adventure of my life so far. You guys have truly made it a very memorable one, one that I'll cherish forever. We've seen each other through the good times and the bad but despite that we still continued to be there for each other. We've pushed ourselves beyond our comfort zones, our limits and our labels to get to where we are today and we couldn't have done it without each other. Personally, I'd like to say I wouldn't have experienced and learned different things were it not for you guys and I truly am thankful for everything that we've gone through, for everything we're going through and for everything that we're about to go through. Being able to grow with you guys, these past four years has been such a blessing to be part of. And I hope in the next chapter of our lives, we'll still continue being there for each other just like we have been these last four years. Thank you and I love you guys." Carlie said tearing up and they all got emotional and hugged each other.

After that they rejoin Kevin, Nick and Tiffany by the outdoor couches and continued to drink. Carlie looked around the people she surrounded herself with and felt genuinely happy.

When the party died down, Carlie and Kevin rested on her bed. "I know how much you disliked parties and for you to hold a mini party for me like this, I think I've fallen more in love with you than I did yesterday." Carlie said. Kevin blushes, "If that's what it takes to make you fall more in love with me then I should keep throwing you more parties." He joked. Carlie playfully hits him and then she wraps her arms around Kevin, "Oh God, nobody told me my boyfriend was the Joker." She replied and they laugh. "Are you telling me my jokes are bad?" He said. "The worst!" She replied and they both laughed. Kevin kissed her deeply, "Foul! Now that was no joke." She said and then pounces on him. With Carlie on top of him, they look at each other in the eyes and they both smile at each other and whisper, "I love you's". Carlie also tells Kevin to spend the night at her place and so they sleep in each other's arms.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

241K 3.8K 52
"Always go with the choice that scares you the most, because that is the one that is going to require the most of you." -Caroline Myss He scowled and...
1K 46 19
Maya is 17 years old on her summer vacation from junior year. She can't wait to finish the hell hole of high school. When she was 14 ( freshman year...
5.4M 103K 42
What happens when you fall in love.... illegally? Do you avoid it, or continue with it? Avery Winters is facing that hard question, and doesn't know...
65.5K 2.2K 40
Falling for the new boy leads to great risks.....