I Dare You

By ThereseJoyBChen

Carlie Ashley Everett meets her unlikely match at the worst time of her life. In this case, timing is indeed... More

CHAPTER 1 - Good Bye, Summer
CHAPTER 2 - The Victory Party
CHAPTER 3 - When In Parsons
CHAPTER 4 - The First Two Months
CHAPTER 5 - Second Chances Come At A Cost
CHAPTER 6 - Back Together
CHAPTER 7 - Too Good To Be True
CHAPTER 8 - Broken Holidays
CHAPTER 9 - Fresh Start
CHAPTER 10 - An Unexpected Friend
CHAPTER 11 - Been Waiting For Someone Like You
CHAPTER 12 - Officially Together
CHAPTER 13 - The Sweetest Thing
CHAPTER 14 - There's Always A First For Everything
CHAPTER 15 - Change Is Coming
CHAPTER 17 - You Win Some You Lose Some

CHAPTER 16 - I Want You Back

17 0 0
By ThereseJoyBChen

CHAPTER 16 - I Want You Back

From green to brown, the leaves continue to fall down and down, the breeze picks up and it's cooler than summer air. Season's change and so have we, there's bound to be something up in the air.

Carlie and her friends gather at Café Theo to catch up and have coffee. "Hey Brooke, where'd you celebrate thanksgiving this year?" Tiffany asked. "Yeah, we noticed you weren't at the McAllister's party?" Nick asked. "Leo's family invited us to spend thanksgiving at their estate." Brooke replied. "Bummer, we missed you at the party." Adam comments. "Yeah, Adam felt of so lonely." Carlie joked. "He kept asking where you were the whole time." Nick said with a laugh. "Awe Adam, let's not forget I'm not single!" Brooke chimed in. "I know!" Adam replied. "Even at Carlie's exhibit, you still tried to go for her, c'mon man!" Nick said. Adam grinned, "You know I won't stop pining for my dear Brooke Walker." He joked and everybody laughs. "But in all seriousness, you know I'm just kidding right?" He said. Brooke gave him a playful slap on his arm, "You're very charming, Adam Gates but the race to my heart has already been won." She said with a wink. "Too little, too late." Adam replied.

"Enough about me and Brooke, why don't we talk about who Carlie was flirting with at the party." Adam changed the topic and sipped his coffee. Brooke smiled, "Yes girl you go get it!" She cheered. "Who was she flirting with?" She asked. Carlie sipped her coffee, "I wasn't flirting with anyone." She said. Tiffany laughs, "That's true she wasn't flirting with anyone but someone did keep flirting with her." She said. "Oh my god who?!" Brooke asked. "I don't think that's a good idea." Nick said. "Prince Gavin of Monaco was all up on Carlie." Adam said with no hesitation. "Shut up! No way!" Brooke reacted. They laugh, "The prince couldn't take his eyes off of her." Adam said. "Way to go, Carls!" Brooke replied happily. "Nothing happened." Carlie said. "You're not mad?" Adam asked Brooke. "Why would I be mad?" Brooke asked. "Didn't you have a thing for him or something?" Nick asked. Brooke laughs, "Yeah I did when we were in high school and God that was ages ago!" She said. "Is that why you didn't go for him too, Carlie?" She asked. Carlie sipped her coffee, "No. I simply am not interested in Gavin." She said. "Then how about giving me a chance, Carls?" Adam asked and they all laugh. "Never in a million years." Carlie replied. "Harsh!" Adam reacted. "But you know what they say, never say never." He joked and everybody laughs. They all had a good time at the cafe and stayed just until after lunch before they all go home.

When Carlie and Tiffany arrive at their house, they both crash on the couch and do something on their phones. "Hey." Carlie spoke. "Yeah?" Tiffany asked. "How did you know I wasn't flirting with Gavin or were you just defending me?" Carlie asked. "It's clear as day that your heart still belongs with Kevin." Tiffany replied. And with that answer Carlie began to get curious about Kevin once again, "How is Kevin these days?" Carlie asked. "Kevin's doing fine, why what's up?" Tiffany replied. "Is he happy?" Carlie asked.

Tiffany put down her phone and looked at Carlie, "Carlie... What's this about?" She asked. "Does he ask about me? Does he miss me?" Carlie asked. Tiffany didn't know what to say, "Because I just... I really miss him." Carlie said. Tiffany went to hug Carlie, "Oh Carlie, there there, it's okay." She comforted her. "I really miss him, Tiff. I miss his smile, his eyes, his voice... I miss talking to him." Carlie said with her voice breaking and starts to cry. Carlie hugged Tiffany tighter, "He's all I ever think about." She said. "I want him back." She sobbed. "What do I do?" She asked. "Well, there's only one thing left to do, I think you should go after him, that way he knows how you really feel." Tiffany replied. "But... I mean..." Carlie protested. "Carls, it's the 21st century. Women can make the first move too." Tiffany replied. Carlie nods, "Where do I even find him?" She asked. "Leave that to me." Tiffany said with a smile.

Over at Kevin's house, in his kitchen, "Hey Kev, thanks for helping me write a speech for my sister's birthday." Nick said. "No problem." Kevin replied and drank some coffee. "Hey do you want some coffee or something?" He asked. "Nah, I'm good. I just had some this morning." Nick replied. "But I will have some of those donuts you have there." He said with a laugh. Kevin laughs, "Sure thing." He replied and gave him the box of donuts.

Then Nick notices a tall but slim rectangular box covered in a gray wool cloth on the side of Kevin's bookshelf, "What's that?" He asked. "Oh nothing, just some stuff I got from my sister back in Beaufort." Kevin replied hurriedly. Nick goes near it but Kevin stops him, "Nick, why don't we finish writing that speech yeah?" Kevin asked. Nick squinted his eyes, "This looks a little too familiar." He said. "All boxes look kind of the same so of course they look familiar." Kevin replied. Nick shrugged his shoulders and went back to sit on the island chair.

They continue to write the speech, "So what's up, man? How have you been?" Nick asked. Kevin adjusts his glasses, "I'm good. I've been keeping myself busy." He said. "How's that working out for you?" Nick asked. Kevin sighed, "I don't know man. Whatever I do, wherever I go, all I ever think about is her." He said. "Her? You mean Carlie?" Nick asked and Kevin nods. "I miss her so much you don't even know." Kevin said. Nick saw how sad Kevin got, "All I want to do is talk to her, be around her, hug her." Kevin said. "What should I do, Nick?" He asked. Nick rubbed his temples, "You know what, I think you should just relax and see where things go." He said. "And do what?" Kevin asked. "Nothing." Nick said. "What?!" Kevin reacted. "I think you should play hard to get." Nick replied. "But why?" Kevin asked. "Kev, may I remind you that she hurt you? Trampled over your heart and broke up with you." Nick proved his point. "How would I even play hard to get when she's not even talking to me?" Kevin asked. "If she does seek you out, just play it off and play hard to get." Nick replied. "But I want her back not push her away more!" Kevin said. "I know Carlie and she likes playing that cat and mouse stuff, trust me." Nick replied. "So just relax and let the games begin." He said. "I don't like this at all." Kevin said softly while Nick laughs.

Kevin felt a little uneasy hearing Nick's unorthodox advice. After they finish writing Nick's speech, Kevin goes to Café Theo and sits in his usual booth to write and organize his thoughts.

Outside, Carlie comes to a stop as she spots him and quickly hides as she tries to catch her breath. She was conflicted whether or not to go in there and try to talk to Kevin. Mind you, this is the first time since the day after her exhibit that she's seen Kevin. She breathes in and out and pep talks herself into really doing it. "I can do this." She said. Then she observes Kevin from the window and felt her heart beat faster. "He's gotten so handsome." She swooned. Then she stops looking and took a deep breath and then walked towards the door and entered.

When she entered, she was hoping that Kevin would look at her but he was so focused on writing in his notebook. So to get his attention, Carlie walked to the counter and ordered a box of cookies and spoke as loud as she can. Kevin obviously hears her and looks at the counter only to see Carlie ordering. His heart beats faster and his eyes couldn't look away. This was the first time Kevin's seen Carlie since the break up and as he looked at her he realized that she'd gotten more beautiful.

With all that going on, their eyes finally meet.

Carlie acted shocked but Kevin was genuinely surprised. She smiles and walks over to him. Then he stood up, "Carlie?" He said. "Kevin!" She replied and greeted him with a hug and a kiss on the cheek. "Funny running into you here." She said. "Yeah..." He replied. Carlie receives her box of cookies from one of the servers. "May I?" She asked if she could sit. "Yeah go ahead." He replied and they sit across each other.

"Oh my god, how have you been?" Carlie asked. Kevin couldn't take his eyes off of her, "I'm good." He replied. "How about you?" He asked. "I'm fine." She replied. Carlie notices that Kevin's features had gotten more masculine, "You look good." She complimented him. Kevin then remembers what Nick told him and he starts looking away and continues to write on his notebook. "Thanks." He replied. Carlie was waiting to hear a compliment back but he just kept silent.

"Hey listen, Kev." Carlie said. Kevin looks at her again, "Yes?" He asked. "I just... I..." Carlie was at a loss for words when she met his eyes. "I know I hurt you real bad last time and I just want to say I'm really sorry." She said. "I've done some thinking and I've realized that what I did was so wrong on so many levels. I fucked up and it's all my fault." She added. "I was selfish and I only thought about myself. I'm just so used to doing things my own way and I can't change the personalities of my friends but what I can change are the people I surround myself with and myself." She continued. "I threw out all the drugs I own, I started going to rehab and I've been one month clean. I've decided to continue getting better and I just... I just..." She trailed off.

"I want you back, Kev." Carlie said ad reached out for his hand. Kevin's heart leapt but he kept silent. "I miss you, I can't stop thinking about you, I just wanna be around you. When something great happens, I just want you there next to me. When something bad happens, I just want you to hold me. All I ever wanna do is just talk to you and I just want us to be together again." She added. This was all Kevin wanted to hear and he couldn't even utter a word without hearing Nick's voice in his head. "I think this is the part where you say something." She said.

Kevin looked away, "Carlie, you broke my heart." He said softly. Carlie squeezed Kevin's hand, "I know and I'm so sorry." She said. "I really don't know what I'm supposed to say." He replied then she let go of his hand. "We broke up for a lot of reasons." He said and then he looks at her. "How am I supposed to be sure that that won't happen again?" He asked. "I just can't forget about what happened, I can't get it out of my head." He added. "I do think I need more time to process things." He continued. Carlie was hurt and got teary-eyed, "I am proud of you for getting the help that you need..." He got cut off. "No you don't have to..." She trailed off and tears started falling. "This was a mistake, I'm gonna go." She said in a hurry and walked out on Kevin. "Shit what did I just do?!" Kevin said to himself. Then he called Nick and told him everything.

"Tiff!!!" Carlie called out a she arrived at their place. "Yeah?" Tiffany replied. They both sit on their couch in the living room, "Being the one to go after Kevin was such a big mistake!" She cried out. "Why? What happened?" Tiffany asked. "After I said what I had to say, he totally iced me out!" Carlie said in frustration. "Does he really hate me that much?!" She asked and hugged Tiffany. "No he doesn't, don't say that." Tiffany replied. "It didn't seem like he wanted to get back together with me." Carlie wailed. "What exactly did he say?" Tiffany asked. "He said he needed more time to process things." Carlie replied. "I guess he's still reeling in from the pain I've caused." She sobbed. "Let it all out." Tiffany said and comforted Carlie. "He just needs more time, Carls." She added. "What do I do now?" Carlie asked. "I think you should just take a back seat for now. Besides, you already told him how you felt so let him be the one to chase you this time." Tiffany replied.

Over at Café Theo, Nick meets up with Kevin. "I came as soon as you called, what happened?" Nick asked. "I blew my chance! She wanted me back but I just sat there and told her I needed more time." Kevin whined. "And this was the first time I've seen her up close and she's even more beautiful now! I couldn't resist." He said. "Carlie Everett wanted you back?" Nick asked. "Yes! She said she was sorry for everything she had done wrong and I felt that she really meant it." Kevin replied. "And did you forgive her?" Nick asked. Kevin looked away and then looked at Nick, "After the day we broke up, I realized that I've already forgiven her for everything she had done and everything she could do." He said. Nick's eyes widen, "All this time you really wanted to get back together with her?" He asked. "I did. I do. I really do." Kevin replied with a nod. "I love her." He added. Nick crossed his arms, "Alright then, go after her." He said. "What?" Kevin reacted. "Go after her. Get her back. Fight for her." Nick said. "You know that's totally the opposite of what you told me to do earlier." Kevin said. "Yeah that's before you told me that you'd already forgiven her after everything for everything." Nick replied. "Does that make sense?" He asked. Kevin smiled and nodded, "Now go after her." Nick said. Kevin scratches the back of his head, "But where is she though?" He asked. Nick asked Tiffany where Carlie was and once he knew, Nick told Kevin where Carlie was then they both leave the cafe.

Carlie arrives at one of her favorite spots in Central Park. She sits on one of the benches that had a view of bow bridge with the San Remo building peeking in the backdrop. Carlie takes a breath before pulling out her sketch book and starts sketching.

On the other side of where Carlie was, Kevin arrives panting and tries to look for Carlie. Kevin crossed the bridge and continued to look for her. He walked a few more until he finally spots Carlie sitting on a bench sketching. Before she could look up, he went back a couple steps and hid for a bit. Kevin got real nervous real fast. He tried to calm down his nerves by taking deep breaths. Then takes a seat beside Carlie.

Carlie is shocked to see Kevin taking a seat beside her, "Kevin?" She reacted. "How did you know I was here?" She asked. "I asked Nick and he asked Tiffany then he told me where you were." He said. "What are you doing here?" She asked. Kevin looks at Carlie, his heart beating fast, "I'm sorry for what I said earlier." He said. "No you don't have to..." She gets cut off. "I never should have said things I didn't really mean." He said.

Carlie is taken aback, "I miss you so much." He said softly. "There hasn't been a day that goes by where I'm not thinking about you. I want everything you want. I wanna know what you're doing and what you're thinking. I wanna be around you, I wanna be able to hold you in my arms." He said. Carlie's eyes start to tear up, "When you're having a bad day, I can't help but want to cheer you up. When you feel like you want to cry, I want to be the shoulder you cry on. When you feel pressured or stressed I want to be the one you lean on to for support." He said sincerely. "Every time you laugh, I wanna laugh with you. Every time you do something great, I wanna be there to see you shine. Any time you want to say something, I wanna be there to listen to what you have to say. I wanna be there for you on your bad and good days. I want you back." He said.

Carlie was left teary-eyed and speechless, her heart was beating so fast. She had always wanted to hear this kind of response from Kevin but Tiffany's words and Kevin's words earlier that day echoed in her head. "Fuck what do I do?" She said in her head. She wanted nothing more but to get back together. Her heart was saying one thing but her head was saying another.

"But people can't just change their minds in a day." Carlie blurted out and he was taken aback. "Are you really sure that's what you want?" She asked. "Yes, I want you." He replied without hesitation. Carlie sighed, "What you said earlier today made me see things from your perspective." She said and wiped a tear. "I've hurt you time and again and I can't guarantee that I won't do it again. Maybe it is for the best that we're apart so that I'm sure you won't get hurt anymore." She went on. "I don't deserve someone like you, Kev." She said. Kevin holds her hand, "No don't say that." He said softly. "I'm in this with you." He added. "A long time ago, I've embraced all of you, flaws and all. And if there are more, I'll learn to embrace them too." He pleaded. Carlie kissed his cheeks, "I'm sorry, Kev. I think I need more time too." She said with her voice breaking at the end. Then she let go of his hands and puts her things in her bag. Then she stands up and walks away.

"God did I do the right thing?!" Carlie said to herself and wiped her tears. As she got in her car, she asked her driver to bring her home. While looking out the window, her driver, Gilbert notices that she looked very sad. "I don't mean to pry, Ms. Everett but are you okay?" He asked. Carlie looks at the rear view mirror and tried to smile, "At this point I don't really know anymore." She said. "Can I do anything to cheer you up, Ms. Everett?" Gilbert asked. They were in battery park, Carlie thought about it and saw an ice cream truck, "Yeah you could buy me ice cream?" She replied. Gilbert found a parking space and they both walk towards the ice cream truck she saw and he buys her ice cream. They then go to the railings and looked at the view.

"Gilbert, you've been around since I was a kid and you've pretty much been somewhat like a father figure that does everything I say, drives me everywhere and is on our payroll..." Carlie trails off and Gilbert adjusts his hat and laughs. "Well Ms. Everett, I'm honored to be somewhat of a father figure to you. You remind me so much of my daughter." He said. Carlie laughs palely, "I'm pretty sure your daughter is a thousand times better than I am." She said and he looked towards the view. "Anyways can I ask you for some advice?" She asked while smiling. "Sure, go ahead." He replied.

"What do you do when the person you love is still hurt from the things that you did?" Carlie asked and ate some ice cream. "Well that depends on the things that I did." Gilbert replied. "Let's say it's an unforgivable thing." She said. Gilbert eats some ice cream, "Well the first thing you have to do is to forgive yourself." He said. Carlie's eyes widen, "Forgive yourself for whatever you did. It sounds easy but it's hard to do." Gilbert said. Carlie had a somber look on her face, "To me nothing is unforgivable. People will always forgive each other even if they are not aware that they've forgiven each other." He said. "Huh?!" She reacted. "No matter how grave the consequence, the person you hurt will always forgive you - at first without knowing it and then realizing that they have forgiven whatever that person had done to them." He said. "How sure are you?" She asked. "I'm not. But I am sure of this, all they need is time." He replied. "Time heals all wounds." He said. Carlie sighed, "So I just have to wait?" She asked. "Well that's up to you. If you've truly taken the time to think and forgive yourself then all you need to do is patiently wait. But if you've done that and you're ready to be with that person again, then fight for it, show him that you really do care about him." He replied and she tried to process her feelings after everything. "I think I know what I have to do now." She said with a smile.

Over at Kevin's place, he arrives home, takes off his coat and crashes on his couch. "Bad day?" Justin asked as he was playing NBA on his play station. "She doesn't want me back." Kevin wailed. "You went to see her today?" Justin asked. "Well, technically she went to see me and the I went to see her and gaaahhh I don't know anymore." Kevin replied. "Hold up! She went to see you?" Justin asked. "Yeah, she went to see me and then said she wanted me back." Kevin said. "And what did you say?" Justin asked. "Well, I sort of said I needed more time to think." Kevin replied. "Well do you?" Justin asked. "No, not really. I want to be with her." Kevin replied. "You idiot! Then why did you say you wanted more time to think?!" Justin exclaimed. "Because Nick told me to play hard to get!" Kevin said. "And look how that turned out." Justin replied.

Then Justin paused his game and looked at Kevin, "Dude, stop listening to what other people are saying and start listening to what your heart is saying." He said. Kevin kept silent and listened to Justin, "Sure Nick may be of some help but the only person you should be listening to is yourself." He lectured. "Look man, this is the first time someone like me was actually given the chance to be with an amazing girl like, Carlie. I had to enlist the help of the people closest to her to even try to see where she was at with her feelings towards me." Kevin said. Justin nodded, "I get it. I understand." He said.

"So what do you wanna do now?" Justin asked. "I want her back." Kevin replied. "Then go after her!" Justin said. "I did but she turned me down." Kevin replied. "Because you turned her down first." Justin said. "Seriously, this game you two are playing is not healthy at all." He added. Kevin sighed, "I know. I'm sorry." He said with a defeated look. "All I can do now is wait." He added. Justin stood up and paced back and forth then looks at Kevin, "Life's too short to stand by the sidelines and watch your life pass you by." He said. Kevin looks up at him and took what Justin said to heart, "You're right." He said. Kevin stands up, "Thanks Justin, I knew I could always count on you." He said and then leaves abruptly.

Back at the Everett-McAllister abode, Nick and Tiffany were talking and lounging in the living room. "Man, it's beginning to rain real hard these days." Nick said as he looked outside. "Yeah and it's been unbearably cold too." Tiffany replied. Nick smiled, "Well, at least we get to cuddle like this." He said. Tiffany gave him a kiss and hugged him tighter. "You know, Kevin asked me for advice today." Nick said as he munched on an apple. "That's rare. What did he ask?" Tiffany asked. "He wanted to get back together with Carlie and the first time around, I told him to play hard to get even if he didn't want to. So Carlie wanted him back and Kevin followed my advice which completely backfired." Nick replied. Tiffany's eyes widen, "What?!" She reacted. "Yeah and the second time around, I told him to be more assertive but then Carlie gave him the cold shoulder." Nick said. Tiffany face palmed herself, "God, no wonder why it didn't work!" She reacted. "Huh?" Nick was confused.

"Carlie came to me today to ask for advice too." Tiffany said. "And?" Nick asked. "I told her to fight for him and it backfired because Kevin didn't want to get back together. Then she came to me again and asked me what else she should do, so I told her to just take a backseat and see where things went." She said and looked away. "Oh no." He reacted and caught on. Tiffany felt guilty, "No wonder why our advices didn't work, they contradict each other!" She said seriously. "Shit." He replied. "Fuck!" He added. Tiffany and Nick look at each other, "We have to do something about this." She said. "I think we should tell them." He replied.

Tiffany bit her lip, "What exactly did Kevin say?" She asked. "He wanted to get back together with Carlie." He said. "So he has forgiven Carlie for everything?" She asked. "He said something pretty interesting to me, he said he had forgiven her for what she had done and for what she could do." He replied. "How profound." Tiffany reacted. "Well, I expect nothing less from Kevin." He said.

"What did Carlie say?" Nick asked. "She felt that she had atoned for her sins and that she really has been doing her best to change for the better. She also wanted to get back together with Kevin and do it right this time." Tiffany replied. Nick sighed, "Those two really do love each other." He said. "Ugh why didn't you tell me Kevin was asking you for advice?" She asked. "I didn't think they'd actually talk to each other today you know!" He replied. Tiffany sighed, "We have to tell them." She said. "Agreed." He replied. "Do you know where Kevin is?" She asked. "I'll call him and tell him as soon as we see each other." He replied. They kiss each other and Nick leaves the house while Tiffany tries to contact Carlie.

A few minutes later, Carlie arrives at home exhausted. Tiffany runs to her, "You're home!" She said panting. Carlie gave her a confused look, "Why do you look so flustered?" She asked. Tiffany collected herself and too a deep breath, "Nick and I did something really bad and wrong." She said. Carlie walks away, "If this is another one of your weird sexcapade stories, I'm out." She said and heads for the kitchen. "No wait!" Tiffany went after her.

Carlie grabs a glass and pours water in it while Tiffany sits on the bar stool and looks at her. "We both really messed up bad." Tiffany said. Carlie raises an eyebrow and drinks water, "What did you guys do?" She asked. "So uhhh, today when you asked me for advice..." Tiffany trailed off. Carlie wasn't having it, "Spill it." She said seriously. "Uhm, apparently Kevin was also asking for advice... From Nick." Tiffany replied. "And?" Carlie asked. "And it seems that him turning you down when you told him your feelings was Nick's idea..." Tiffany said. "But you told me to tell him how I feel..." Carlie murmured. "And when I told you to play hard to get, Nick told Kevin to tell you how he truly felt." Tiffany said. Carlie's eyes widen, "We're so sorry that both our advices didn't work because they contradicted each other. Nick and I didn't mean to do that, we both didn't talk about it with each other too until he came over earlier and told me about it." Tiffany did her best to explain the situation. "So... So Kevin really does wanna get back together with me?" Carlie asked nervously. "Yes." Tiffany replied. "He really loves you, Carlie." She added. Carlie couldn't believe it, "I..." She paused and looked at Tiffany teary eyed. "I have to go." Carlie said and abruptly left the house.

At Café Theo, "Thanks for meeting me here on such short notice." Nick said as Kevin sat down. "What's up?" Kevin asked. "Uhm I don't really know how to say this..." Nick trailed off. "What's this all about?" Kevin asked. "The reason Carlie turned you down was because..." Kevin cut him off. "Was because I turned her down first." He said sadly. "I've heard this story before, I don't wanna relive this again." He added. "No. Listen to me." Nick said. "The reason Carlie turned you down was because Tiffany told her to." He said it. "Huh? Why would Tiffany do such a thing?" Kevin asked. Nick sighed and crossed his arms, "Carlie turned to Tiffany for advice the first time around telling Carlie to tell you how she really felt and when I told you to turn her down, Tiff told Carlie to turn you down when you wanted to get back together with her, which was because of me." He explained as best as he could. "So let me get this straight, both you and Tiffany had been giving us the right advices but at the wrong time?" Kevin asked. "Yes, the reason why both our advices didn't work was because they contradicted each other." Nick said. Kevin's eyes widened, "So all this time, she really did want to get back together with me." He said. "I'm so sorry, Kev. You wouldn't be in this situation were it not for me. I'm sorry, Kev." Nick said. "I have to go." Kevin replied and left the cafe right away.

KNOCK KNOCK.

DING DONG.

KNOCK KNOCK.

DING DONG.

KNOCK KNOCK.
"How much for the pizza?" Justin asked as he fiddled with his wallet while looking down. "Is Kevin here?" She asked. Justin looked up only to see, "Carlie!" He said and pulls her inside. "What are you doing out in the rain with no umbrella?" He asked. Carlie was drenched in the rain, "We were stuck in traffic and so I got out of my car a few blocks away and ran here as fast as I could." She said. "In the rain?! Are you crazy?!" He voiced out his concern. Carlie isn't answer him, "I need to speak to Kevin. Is he here?" She asked. "No, he left a while go." He replied. "Did he say where he was going?" She asked. "No he just left abruptly." He replied. Carlie gave him a worried face and looked out only to see the rain falling harder.

DING DONG. DING DONG. DING DONG. DING DONG.
"Damn it! Nobody's home." Kevin exclaimed as he gave up on ringing the doorbell. He tried to peek but there was nobody inside. He adjusts his glasses again, "Damn why didn't I bring an umbrella!" He complained. "Now I'm all wet." He reacted. Kevin closes his coat and pops the collar but is no use because he was already wet from the rain. He puts his hands in the coat pockets and tries his best to warm himself. "This is no use, I'm shivering." He said and gave up. He sits down on the steps and let the rain crash against his skin.

RING. RING. RING. RING.

"Hello?"
"Where are you right now?"
"I'm at your place. Where are you?"
"Stay right there."
"Wait-"
End of call.

A couple of minutes later, Kevin still sits outside on the steps getting soaked when suddenly a black town car arrives. Kevin stands up and out comes Carlie. When she saw Kevin, she got teary-eyed and then ran towards him. Kevin meets her half way and catches her then spins her around.

Carlie puts both her hands on Kevin's cheeks, "What're you doing out in the rain?" She asked. Kevin smiles, "I waited for you." He said. "You didn't have to." She replied. "Carlie Everett, no matter the weather, be it sandstorm, thunderstorm or rainstorm, I'll weather them all just for you." He said. Carlie cries, "I'm so sorry." She said. Kevin tucks a strand of her hair behind her ear, "I'm sorry too." He said. "I shouldn't have done those things to you. I'm so sorry." She said sobbing. Kevin pulls her tighter, "It's alright now." He replied. "No, it's not alright, it's all my fault. You shouldn't be sorry." Carlie cried out. "I promise I'll be better for you and for me." She added. Kevin looks into her eyes, "I meant everything I said earlier. I want everything with you." He said.

Then when Carlie was about to say something, Kevin couldn't resist and kissed her like there was no tomorrow. They both kissed passionately under the rain. Then Carlie slowly walks backwards and without breaking apart they move towards the door. When they reached the door they both parted for air, "I missed you so much." Carlie said while unlocking the door. "I love you so much." Kevin replied.

When the door opened they go in and they go back to making out. Carlie straddles her legs around Kevin's waist and he carries her, pulling her body close to his. Kevin brings her to the living room, "Bedroom." She said. "Okay." He replied and he carries her up to her room. They go in Carlie's room and Kevin gently puts Carlie down on her bed. She sits up and starts undressing Kevin, removing his wet clothes. While Kevin slowly removes Carlie's wet clothes kissing her wet skin softly while undressing her. They continue making out and feeling both their wet skin on each other. Carlie presses Kevin on her then switched positions, now she was on top of him. She took a good look at him, "I love you." She said. Kevin sat up hugging Carlie, "I love you too." He replied and they continue kissing each other.

Then as Carlie was about to remove his underwear, she remembered that Kevin was still a virgin. She opens her eyes and then pulls away. Kevin continues kissing her chest and pulling her close to him. "Wait." She said. He stops and looks at her, "Am I doing something wrong?" He asked. "No..." She trailed off then sat next to him. "I just..." She couldn't finish her sentences. "Are you okay? What's wrong?" He asked as he looks at her. She holds his hands and faces him, "I just don't wanna do something you don't wanna do." She said. "What do you mean?" He asked. "I just remembered you telling me that you're a virgin and it's special to you." She said softly. "Oh." He reacted and got shy. Kevin awkwardly laughs, "That's very sweet of you to remember." He said. Carlie was blushing, "Do you want to do it?" She asked biting her lip. Kevin smiled, "Because you know, I don't wanna do anything that you don't want to do." She said awkwardly.

Kevin hugged her and then they laid down in bed, "Okay then. Lets just stay like this until you get bored." He said. Carlie wraps her arms around Kevin, "I'm not gonna get bored just by doing this." She said snuggling up to Kevin. "I've missed this." She added. "I've missed you so much." She continued. Kevin pulled Carlie closer, "I've missed you too." He said. "Were you lonely without me?" She asked. "Alone but never lonely." He replied. "How about you?" He asked. "Were you lonely without me?" He asked. She kissed his cheek, "Too lonely." She replied. "I'm here now, that's what matters." He said and she smiled.

Then Carlie's expression turned serious, "Hey..." She said and they look at each other. "I'm really sorry for acting the way I did." She went on. Then Kevin tucked her loose hair behind her ear, "If you don't mind me asking, how did you get into that sort of thing?" He asked. "You mean the drug use?" She asked and he nodded. "I don't know where the drug use really came from but I guess it was the product of boredom and convenience. I had the money, my parents were chill, my brother had his own problems, and nobody ever really paid attention to us, you know?" Carlie replied honestly. Kevin listened intently, "At that time, it was one of the ways my friends and I would have fun together. We didn't care about anything." She said. "Was that the only thing you truly enjoyed doing together?" He asked. Carlie nodded, "Well at that time, yeah. It was the only way for us to forget about the world, to forget about our problems and just live in that state of ecstasy." She said. Kevin pulls her close to him, "I really lost myself in all of that." She said and looked sad. "Hey, don't look so sad. You should be thankful because it's what got you here and made you into the woman that you are today." He replied. Carlie kisses him, "I am thankful and I am very thankful to have you here with me." She said.

Then Carlie smiles, "You know something, I never really understood the gravity of my actions until you came along." Carlie said looking into Kevin's eyes. Kevin got a little teary eyed, "This is the first time I've ever experienced being with somebody who actually cared about my well-being." She said and remembered her tumultuous relationship with Garrett. All Kevin could do was listen to what she had to say, "I was overwhelmed by the love you've given me." She said softly. "You taught me how to live a life without all the vices. You showed me how happy I can be, something I haven't been since I was a kid. You reminded me that there was still so much more to live for. There's no other way for me to say this but again to thank you for all the things you've taught me, you've given me and most importantly thank you for being with me." She said genuinely.

Kevin blushed and kissed Carlie, "You know something, Carlie? I've never loved anyone like I love you." He said. "You were somebody I never thought would ever look at someone like me. Plain old boring Kevin Keaton." He added. She pouted and kissed him, "You're not boring, as a matter of fact you're far from it and I hope you never get to say that again." She replied. "I think there's really nothing else to say than I love you." He said with a smile. "I love you Kevin." She replied.

Carlie sat up and looked at Kevin prompting him to sit up as well. "Hey, did you talk to Nick and Tiffany today?" Carlie asked. Kevin laughed, "Yeah and I don't think I'm going to ask them for advice any time soon anymore." He said. Carlie laughed too, "You and me both!" She said. "Like I really did appreciate them helping out but I wished they had talked to each other before giving us advice." Carlie said. "At least now we know truth." Kevin replied. "Let's vow to not listen to Nick and Tiffany for advice if they haven't talked to each other before giving their advice to us." He said. "As complicated it may seem, I agree." She replied. Then they both kissed and slept in each other's arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 31.4K 58
Ethan Knight is living his life just as he imagined it. Being the captain of the basketball team, he has to make sure they win this year's championsh...
3.3K 43 26
Ashley Fernandez, a 17 year old girl in high school basically dreamed of having the life every girl desires. The coolest best friends, the fame, the...
7.1M 256K 86
Cecilia Gomez is excited when she gets a scholarship to an elite private school on the upper east side; Everything seems perfect until she meets the...
New Boy. By Lauren

Teen Fiction

65.5K 2.2K 40
Falling for the new boy leads to great risks.....