Right Next To Me

By urbanstargazer

They say true love comes just once in a lifetime. Cate Ryan never stayed in one place. Her childhood was spen... More

Chapter 1 My Summer Begins
Chapter 2 The First Boy of Summer
Chapter 3 Derek
Chapter 4 I am going.
Chapter 5 Topless Boy
Chapter 6 Seth
Chapter 7 A Day at the Fair
Chapter 8 The Lake House
Chapter 9 Cranky Boy
Chapter 10 The Inside Story
Chapter 11 My Kind of Summer
Chapter 12 A Family Dinner and A Box of Memories
Chapter 13 Always You
Chapter 14 At the White Luncheon
Chapter 15 The (Polo) Playing Field
Chapter 16 Dylan
Chapter 17 That (Awesome) Anniversary Dinner Party
Chapter 19 The Beautiful Ones
Chapter 20 A Day with Prince Charming
Chapter 21 Summer Getaways
Chapter 22 Surprise!
Chapter 23 His Point Of View
Chapter 24 One Stormy Night
Chapter 25 A Lovers' Quarrel
Chapter 26 One Last Hurray for Summer
Chapter 27 Another Summer Ends
Chapter 28 The Birthday Celebrations
Chapter 29 Whose Birthday Is It Anyway?
Chapter 30 The (Best) Morning After
Chapter 31 On Courage and Sleeping
Chapter 32 Merry Christmas, War Is Over
Chapter 33 Happy New Year Dear
Chapter 34 My Cranky Valentine
Chapter 35 The Love Intervention
Chapter 36 The Sweetest Thing
Chapter 37 The Birthday Boy
Chapter 38 On A Night Like This
Chapter 39 What Happens in California...
Chapter 40 Decisions...Decisions...
Chapter 41 A Promise I Make
Chapter 42 Right Next To Me
Chapter 43 Cheesy Lines and Perfect Words
Chapter 44 Endless Summer
Forever Summer Series

Chapter 18 Operation Bring Back That Lovin' Feeling

6.2K 50 11
By urbanstargazer

Chapter 18 ~ Operation Bring Back That Lovin' Feeling

I woke up smiling on a Monday morning.  My plans to sleep until noon did not push thru. Once again, my window was pelted with pebbles. There are more pebbles now than the last time. I groggily walked over to my window and found four young men throwing small stones at me. I sighed. Some things never change.

I hurriedly took a shower and prepared to face my summer tormentors. Dianne and Jessie greeted me as I came down the stairs. They each had serving dishes on hand. “Breakfast will be by the pool.” Jessie said.

“Can I grab something at the kitchen for you?” I offered. She shook her head. “Nope, we got it. Join the others outside.”

I went outside and saw Dianne’s kids, Martin and Olivia, swimming and splashing water in the pool with their dad, Nick and their grandfather, Uncle Aidan. Ian, Seth and Dylan were huddled together in a lounge chair. I cannot hear what they were discussing. Aunt Lily is poring thru the brochures Ian handed her last night. She is already seated at the table. Derek is nursing a hangover. He is lounging in the pool, wearing sunglasses.

“Ooh, someone is excited about her trip.” I teased Aunt Lily as I sat beside her.

She chuckled. “I didn’t get to sleep last night. My mind is already swimming in the waters of the Aegean.”

“I’ve always wanted to go to Santorini. I got tired of all the other beaches in southern France.” I chuckled.

“Why didn’t you go?” She asked.

I shook my head, pouting. “No one would take me. Ian is busy with work. Grandma and grandpa won’t let me go with my friends.”

“Hmm well you could go with us.” Aunt Lily offered.

I shook my head again. “Nah. That vacation is for you. I’ll go some other time.”

“Good morning, sis.” Ian greeted me, mussing my hair.

“Iannnnn…” I complained and tried to fix my hair again. He just chuckled and took the seat beside me.

“Don’t worry. You’re still the hottest chick within a one mile radius. Messy hair, puffy eyes and all.” I heard Seth say. I turned to glare at him and found him wagging his eyebrow at me.  He took the seat  opposite mine. Aunt Lily just laughed at his comment.

“I totally agree. Good morning, puffy.” Another summer tormentor, Dylan commented. He took the seat on my left.

I sighed. It is only almost eight in the morning and the teasing has already begun. I scowled at the thought that I would have to deal with more of these the entire day. I always get picked on because I am the only girl in the group.

Derek took his sunglasses off as he approached the table. “What’s the matter grumpy? I am the one with the hangover. Not you.” I just rolled my eyes at him. The guys just laughed.

The kids, Nick and Uncle Aidan got out of the pool so we could start breakfast. Dianne and her family will be leaving in the afternoon to catch a flight to Colorado where Nick’s parents are based. Aunt Lily and Uncle Aidan will all drive early to the city in the morning to work. They will be staying at their city loft. Derek will fly out to go to Chicago tonight. Ian is staying at the W New York for two nights for work and will then fly to California to be a best man in his friend’s wedding.

“…that leaves you and Dylan here for the rest of the week. When do you plan to check out your school and the apartment?” Aunt Lily inquired, picking up her glass of orange juice.

I turned to look at Dylan. “I could go anytime. I just need a driver.” I smiled at him and bumped him in the shoulder.

He rolled his eyes and snorted. “Like I have a choice.” I just chuckled.

I am excited but nervous at the prospect of spending alone time with Dylan. It is going to be a make or break moment. If he enjoys my company, maybe then I could make him fall for me now that we are adults.

“I could drive her there if you’re not willing.” Seth offered. Dylan glared at him. “OK man, chill. I was just saying…” He shrugged and winked at me.

Seth is still at it, trying to make Dylan jealous. He had texted me last night to say that Dylan was so jealous of Liam. I felt guilty that Liam got involved even if it was not intentional.

Aunt Lily and Uncle Aidan were just observing the exchange. They have amused looks on their faces.

“Why don’t you stay in the city for a night or two? Go shopping, eat out and watch something on Broadway.” Aunt Lily suggested, smiling.

“Dylan will take you to where you want to go.” Uncle Aidan added. Dylan suddenly coughed, like he was choking on his food. He took his glass and gulped water, unable to say anything.

I gawked at Aunt Lily and Uncle Aidan, unable to speak. They are throwing Dylan and me together, I think. I closed my mouth and mumbled “OK.” They seemed happy with their plan. Seth was smilingly at me knowingly.

The entire day was spent relaxing at the lounge, swimming by the pool or outdoing each other on Xbox games. I got endless teasing if I flubbed a move or a shot. They love picking on me.

Dinner was a mellowed down affair. Dianne’s family has left, so has Derek who has to catch a flight. Everyone was dreading to go back to work. I am looking forward to being with Dylan tomorrow.

I was chilling in the lounge area by the large bay windows. I have some hot chocolate and a book. Ian sat beside me and draped his arm on my shoulder. “How are you doing?” He asked.

“I am doing great. Aunt Lily and Uncle Aidan have been like parents to me. I am looking forward to going to school.” I told him.

He nodded. “I am happy to hear that.” He bumped my shoulder. “What’s the deal with you and Dylan?”

I bit my lip. I cupped my hand and whispered to my brother, “I am in love with him.”

“Yeah, I know. Besides that?” Ian said still looking at me inquisitively. I furrowed my brow and scratched my head. What else did he want to know?, I thought.

“Uhm. Seth and I are trying to make him jealous just to know if he feels the same way for me or not.” I ended , shrugging.

Ian chuckled and shook his head. “You guys are crazy. Why don’t you just get together already? Everyone can tell you love each other.”

“You think he loves me?” I asked. He just rolled his eyes and sighed.

He knocked on my head. “You are so clueless about these things. Take care, ok? I’ll try to fly in at least once a month to see you.” He said.

I nodded and hugged him. He will leave again tomorrow. “I’ll miss you.”

“I’ll miss you too.” He said and kissed the top of my head. “Call me tomorrow when you’re in Manhattan. I could meet you for lunch or something.”

“I’d love that. Yeah, I’ll call you.” I said. Ian stood up and bid me goodnight. “Don’t stay up too late.” He said. I nodded and watched him disappear into his room.

I heard something stir. “You forgot something?” I asked turning my head to the direction of the noise. I was surprised to see Dylan standing there, his hands shoved in his pockets. He strode towards the couch and flopped down beside me.

“I thought you were Ian.”

“Hmm. I don’t think I want to be your brother.” Dylan made a face.

I smiled at him. “Nah, we wouldn’t want that.” I kissed him last night at this very spot. I am feeling so nervous being alone with him now. I might not be able to control myself and tell him I love him and he still hadn’t told me what he wanted to say.

“Dylan…did you hate me when I didn’t call you when I was away?” I couldn’t look him in the eye.

He sighed. “I couldn’t hate you, Cate.” I heard him whisper.

“I am really sorry that I didn’t get in touch with you.” I almost whispered too. I looked up to see Dylan gazing at me.

“I am sorry I didn’t try harder to get to you. I gave up after you didn’t respond to my emails or calls.” He said. “I should have begged Lily or Dad to take me to Saint Remy.”

“Why would you do that?” I asked. “I mean go to Saint Remy.”

“To see you, silly.” He chuckled. “Maybe then you wouldn’t have forgotten about me. Us.”

I shook my head. “I lost my focus. I just didn’t want you to know my troubles.  I didn’t know how to keep things going with so much distance between us and we were so young but I didn’t forget you. Us.”

“That’s good to know… That you didn’t forget about me.” Dylan is staring at my lips. He bent down to kiss me. I closed my eyes and savored his kiss. He is kissing me so tenderly that my eyes were still closed when he pulled away. “Did you forget that?” He asked. I opened my eyes to see him smirking.

“How can I forget if you have been kissing me since I was four?” I said smiling.

His smile widened and his eyes glinted with mischievousness. He slowly lowered his face near mine to kiss me again. I felt his warm lips touch mine. I closed my eyes and my arms wrapped around his neck.  I felt his arm encircle my waist. I felt Dylan touch my face. I opened my mouth to deepen the kiss. I felt him grip my hair. I thought I heard Dylan moan. Or was it me? We were so into it that we were both surprised to hear someone clear her/his throat.

We quickly separated. Crap, I got caught again. I thought Seth has left. It wasn’t Seth.

“Jessie!” Dylan exclaimed. He ran a hand thru his hair and glanced at me. I was looking down at my hands. I felt heat on my cheeks so I know I am blushing.

“It’s late you two. I thought you were going to drive to the city tomorrow?” Jessie said, eyeing me and Dylan with that knowing smile on her face.

“I..uh..we..uh..” I couldn’t think straight.

“We’ll go to our room now.”  Dylan said, helping me get up and off the couch.

“Uhuh. Go to your separate rooms now.” Jessie ordered with emphasis on the word ‘separate’.

“Yes, Ma’am.” Dylan said chuckling, saluting Jessie and pushing me gently toward our rooms.

We stopped in front of my bedroom door. “Good night.” Dylan said.

“Good night.” I smiled shyly and turned to open my door.

He stopped me and planted a kiss on my lips. “See you tomorrow.” He said, tracing my jaw with his finger. I could only nod and smile. That smile was plastered on my face as I slept, I think. Could it be that Dylan still loves me? Why does he keep on kissing me if he doesn’t?

~*~ 

I woke up when someone kissed my forehead. The figure already had his back turned on me but I noticed the same hair color as mine. I smiled. “Ian.” I tossed my blanket and jumped out of bed.

My brother turned around, surprised. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you up. I just wanted to kiss you goodbye.”

“You’re leaving already? What time is it?” I was clinging onto him again. I don’t want my brother to go.

“It’s past seven in the morning.” He kissed the top of my head. “Take care of yourself. Call me anytime, OK?” I nodded, willing myself not to cry.

I should get used to this by now, being away from him and living on my own. In a few months, I will turn eighteen and I am expected to be independent and able to take care of myself. “Let’s try to have lunch or dinner later.” I said smiling now. He nodded and turned to go.

The door to Dylan’s room opened. Dylan’s messy brown hair came into view. He still looked sleepy. “You’re leaving already?” He asked when he saw Ian.

My brother nodded. “Take care of my sister.”

“You know I would.” He smiled at Ian. Ian patted his shoulder and they prepared to go downstairs. He noticed me standing in the middle of my room thru the open door. “Nice pyjamas, puffy.” Dylan teased me, smirked and walked away with my brother.

I looked down at my sleepwear and my bare feet. I ran a hand thru my hair. As I have expected, they are messy and snagged. So much for looking pretty for Dylan, I thought. Sighing, I closed my bedroom door and decided to pack a few stuff.

 ~*~

I have decided to stay in the city for the duration that Ian would be there. I remembered to inform Dylan via SMS last night. I took a shower afterwards. By half past eight, I went downstairs with my things and to have breakfast.

Dylan beat me to it again. He was already seated by the counter when I entered the kitchen.

“Good morning, Cate.” Jessie greeted me when she saw me.

“Ready for your field trip?” She was looking pointedly between me and Dylan.

“Good morning, Jess.” I greeted back. “Yup, I am ready if my driver is.” I wagged my eyebrow at Dylan who just smirked.

“Well, I just want to remind you both to be responsible young adults especially you, young man.” Jessie turned to Dylan. “You are expected to look after Cate’s welfare. We don’t mind you getting together but we hope you will both be able to graduate without any incidents. Please, please don't get her pregnant outside of wedlock.”

 “Jessie… we don’t…we haven’t…” I started to protest but I stammered again.

“Got it.” Dylan said coolly. I turned to glare at him.  'What?' He mouthed and turned back to eating his breakfast. He confuses me.

Times like these, I wish I could read minds. I want to know if he kisses me out of habit or because he loves me. I hope he loves me and makes it a habit. I smiled to myself. Unfortunately, I think Jessie saw that smile because she gave me her knowing look again before placing a plate full of food in front of me.

We were finally able to leave after an hour. Dylan also brought some clothes. He will be staying at the apartment too. He is my official babysitter and driver.

The drive to Manhattan took all of two hours and a half. There was a little traffic with all vehicles coming and going to the Hamptons for summer. We entertained ourselves by singing along with the radio and just plain chatting. I have the privilege to stare at Dylan the entire time since I don’t have to drive.

“When are you going to get your license back?” Dylan asked turning to me. I was choosing a song from his iPod.

I shrugged. “It has been suspended since November of last year. I can only appeal after eighteen months. That means you will be my official driver until then.” I pinched his side. He gave me a quick kiss because the traffic light has turned green.

“Why do you always kiss me?” I tilted my head to the side to look at him.

“Because I want to.” He said simply. He was stopping himself from smiling.

“What about Julianna?” I asked.

“What about Julianna?” He asked back, raising an eyebrow.

I looked at him like ‘duh’. “Isn’t she your girlfriend?”

“…was…my girlfriend. I don’t have a girlfriend now. If you’re interested, you can send in your application letter and resume. I’ll look into it.” He smirked.

“Conceited.” I hissed. “I am not applying to be your girlfriend.” I crossed my arms to my chest.

“Why not?” Dylan asked dryly, turning to look at me. We are at another red light.

“Do I have to? We both know you’re crazy about me.” I was teasing him. I seldom get to do it anyway.

Dylan smirked. “Conceited.” He hissed. I just laughed. “What about Seth?” I heard him say afterwards.

“What about Seth?” I asked back. Dylan rolled his eyes. “He likes you.”

“I like him too.” I said, stopping myself from smiling. Dylan scowled and floored the gas when the light turned green.

“Someone is jealous. Someone is jealous.” I delivered in a sing song voice. I tried to steady myself as Dylan suddenly swerved inside a parking lot.

Dylan stopped the car but he is still gripping the steering wheel. His knuckles are turning white. Uh-oh. Did I tease him too much? He turned to look at me. “Yes, I am jealous. I don’t like seeing you with Seth or Liam or anyone else.” His voice is strained.

“Dylan…” I whispered. My heart is hammering in my chest.

“I waited for years for you to return. I can’t have anyone take you away from me now.” He declared. He ran a hand thru his hair.

 “Dylan, you know I love you.” I blurted. I covered my mouth as soon as I said it. I stopped breathing when Dylan flashed me his gorgeous smile.

He pried my hand away from my mouth. “Sorry, what was that?” He teased, pretending not to hear what I said.

I rolled my eyes. “You heard what I said, cranky.” I lightly slapped him but he caught my hand and kept it firmly on his cheek. He was laughing. I missed the sound of his laughter.

“You know I love you more, right?” He suddenly turned serious and is now tracing my jaw with a finger and staring at my lips. I have to admit I like what he is planning to do but I want to tease him more.

“You do?” I asked feigning innocence.

He smiled and held my face with his other hand while we kiss. I gave my all in this kiss. Now, I know that Dylan loves me too. When our lips parted, “I love you, Dylan.” I whispered breathlessly.

“I love you more, Cate.” Dylan said, smiling and staring at me. I didn’t know how long we were at the car park. We can’t stop smiling and gazing at each other.

I was startled when someone knocked on the car window on my side. The car is tinted so you can only see from the inside. Dylan’s eyebrows furrowed and silently cursed to himself. The only word I recognized is “Cohen”. He was looking over my shoulder.

I turned to check who it was that disturbed us and I burst out laughing. Seth’s funny face is pressed against the window.  Dylan hit a button and the window rolled down.

“Hey, lovebirds.” Seth greeted, a huge smile is plastered on his face. “Take a break from making out will yah? Marie is waiting for you at the admissions office.” He motioned towards a building.

Aunt Lily helped to book an appointment for a tour at this late stage. I have already been admitted although; I didn’t know how I got in since the head of the Upper School hadn’t even met me. My school credentials aren’t impressive either. I keep transferring almost every year. I am extremely thankful for this chance though. I resolve to behave and finish high school here. Marie will be with me during the tour.

Dylan stepped out of the car and walked towards my side to open the door for me but Seth beat him to it. When I stepped out, Seth draped his arm on my shoulder. I heard Dylan sigh. “Cohen, take your arm off my girl’s shoulder.”

Seth turned to look at me, wide eyed. His mouth opened but no words came out. He is probably as excited as I am. I nodded at him, smiling.  He suddenly gave me and Dylan a huge hug. “I’m so happy for you. You are finally together. Operation Bring Back That Lovin’ Feeling is a huge success.” He announced.

“Operation what?” Dylan asked, his brows are knitted again. Dylan hasn’t changed. He still gets irritated easily.

“Relax, cranky. It’s nothing.” I said trying to appease him. I pulled him down to kiss me. That seemed to ease his mood a bit. I gestured for Seth to zip his mouth when Dylan wasn’t looking. Seth smiled, nodding. Dylan and I were walking hand in hand towards the building.

Marie is waiting by the entrance. She grinned widely when she saw me and Dylan approach. She is obviously eyeing our entwined hands. “Finally.” She said cocking her head to the side and her hands on her hips. She is still smiling.

“Sorry, Marie. There was a little traffic on our way here.” Dylan said apologetically.

Marie waved a hand. “Oh, I wasn’t talking about that. I was talking about this.” She explained gesturing with her hands to refer to Dylan and me, together.

“Yeah. She finally confessed her feelings for me. So, I just said yes. I had no choice.” Dylan said. I pouted and turned my nose up.

Marie is chuckling now. “Well, I am just happy for you both.”

“Uhm. We haven’t really told anyone. Just you and Seth.” I said tentatively.

“My lips are sealed.” Marie said. “Now, come on. I’ll show you what we have here at Spence. You’re going to love it here.” We all followed Marie inside the campus.

“Lily mentioned you will be staying at their apartment in Manhattan.” Marie said in between introducing teachers we meet on the halls and pointing out the rooms, laboratories and other spaces.

I nodded. “Dylan is going to show me the place later.” I added.

“Good thing, you took a break too.” Marie said looking at Dylan.

“I decided to take a break because I was supposed to go to France to see someone.” Dylan casually mentioned.

“Ooh, why didn’t you go then?” Marie asked as we continued walking.

“She came to New York. There is no need for me to go.” Dylan answered, glancing at me. I looked up to him, smiling.

“Lucky me, I have a driver and a babysitter for the summer.” I said.

Seth snorted. “Babysitter? He could make babies with you.” I gasped and glared at Seth. They all laughed at my reaction. I felt my face heat up. Dylan pulled me to him and I buried my face in his chest.

“Seth, behave.” Marie reprimanded Seth but she was still chuckling. “Sorry, your reaction is really cute.” She said turning to me.

“Sshhh. She is not ready to make babies yet.” I heard Dylan say. I pinched his side. They all laughed again.

“Well, not yet. She is only seventeen after all. You still have to finish upper school, then college.” Marie said, looking at me. I nodded. “Well, off you go.  Tour is over. Enjoy your vacation. See you in five weeks.”

Seth walked with us outside. “Where are you two going now?”

“Secret.” Dylan said smirking.

“Haha.” Seth said. “Come on, let me hang out with you. I promise I’ll behave.” He looks at us pleadingly but I found his expression funny. I laughed.

“I am hungry again.” I told Dylan.

“Aha! I know just the place to tame the hungry beast.” Seth said proudly. “There is a Jackson Hole just around the corner.”

Dylan chuckled. “Fine. Let’s go eat something. Come on, Beast.” He pushed me gently.

“Shut up! I am not Beast. I am Mystique.” I said, crossing my arms to my chest.

“I am Cyclops.” Seth declared, putting his sunglasses back on.

“Then, I am Wolverine. Come on.” Dylan draped his arm on my shoulder. I felt him kiss the top of my head. I could burst with happiness.

~*~ 

Seth chatted happily while we ate. “Are you going to keep your own apartment or you’re moving in to your parents’ apartment.” He asked Dylan in between chews.

I am quietly nibbling on the chicken fingers. Dylan furrowed his brow. “I think I’ll keep the apartment.” He said.

“You don’t want to live with Cate in the loft?” Seth asked. He is now picking on the chili cheese fries.

“…with my parents around? Nope.” Dylan declared. “…but I’ll still pick you up from school and I’ll take you out on dates.” He said, winking at me. I gave him my best smile. My heart did a flip flop with excitement. He wants to date me!

“I can’t believe you’re officially a couple.” Seth said, smiling. “Lucky that her school is near yours.”

Seth finally told Dylan about Operation Bring Back That Lovin’ Feeling. “Well, it definitely worked.” Dylan said, smiling. “Good thing, it didn’t come to a point where I would have to wring your neck in jealousy.” He added chuckling.

“Good thing you finally admitted you love her.” Seth said, taking another bite of his bacon cheeseburger.  

“I couldn’t hold it anymore. Liam and the polo players are already making a move.” Dylan rolled his eyes. “You’re still a handful.” He complained turning to me, smiling. I squeezed his hand.

“Oh Seth, what happens if Lady M finds out you’re not actually dating me?” I asked, suddenly remembering our arrangement.

“Don’t worry about me, Cate. I am the guy who shoots laser beams from his eyes.” Seth wagged an eyebrow.

“Ha-ha. Funny.” I rolled my eyes at him. “Seriously Seth, what’s your plan?”

“They’ll leave me alone, don’t worry. My parents will press charges against Lady M if she makes a move. She slept with me when I was a minor. A lot of people knew that so I got witnesses.” I nodded, understanding his plan.

Seth received a call on his phone. “I got to go and drive Marie back to the Hamptons. What are your plans tomorrow?”

Dylan turned to look at me. “I want to go around the city tomorrow and maybe do some shopping.” I declared.

“I’m not looking forward to the shopping bit but I’ll go with you if you shop in Victoria’s Secret and try on something something.” Dylan wagged an eyebrow at me. I shook my head. “Men.”

“I’ll see you both tomorrow.” Seth said, standing up to leave. We all walked back to the car park. “See you.” Dylan and I said.

~*~

Dylan brought me to the apartment where I will be staying during the school terms. It is a beautiful apartment building on 5th Avenue facing Central Park. We were greeted by Mindy, who takes care of the apartment. She led me to my room on the first level. Uncle Aidan’s and Aunt Lily’s room is on the second loft level.

“This place is amazing!” I declared. I am so impressed with the view of Central Park, framed by the large windows of the apartment. I am standing by the window. Dylan stood beside me.

“My apartment has a great view too.” He whispered, wrapping his arms around my waist.  I turned to look at him and he has his naughty grin on.

 “Hmm. Tempting.” I said, smiling. “I’ll visit sometime.” He grinned wider.

Dylan’s phone rang. It is Aunt Lily checking if we have arrived. She wanted to know if we could join them for dinner later. Ian will be able to make it too. We said yes, of course. I decided to unpack and take a shower and prepare for dinner. I wanted to walk around and check my neighborhood before meeting everyone for dinner.

I heard a knock on my door. I opened it to find Dylan leaning on the doorframe. He looks so handsome in his shirt and dark jeans. I grabbed him by the collar and pulled him down for a kiss. I could tell he is more than happy to oblige.

When Dylan and I managed to break our kiss, we went outside the apartment building. The avenue is dotted with posh hotels, upscale restaurants and high-end designer boutiques. This is my kind of neighborhood, I thought. We walked hand in hand.

“You think we should tell them? You know, that we are together now?” I asked, looking up at Dylan.

“Do we have to? I think they’ve always known we’d end up together.” He said, smiling at me. He draped his arm on my shoulder. I heard him say ‘I love you’ against my hair.

We met our family at Rouge Tomate for dinner. We walked in the restaurant, hand in hand. Aunt Lily and Uncle Aidan saw us first and they looked at each other happily.

“Are you officially together now?” Aunt Lily asked, smiling. Uncle Aidan is obviously waiting for our answer. We nodded. Aunt Lily clapped her hand. “I’m so happy for you two. Finally.” She pulled me into a hug. Uncle Aidan clapped Dylan’s back.

“Why is everyone so happy?” I heard Ian’s voice.

“Well, we officially have our love birds together.” Uncle Aidan announced.

Ian smiled and mussed my hair. He kissed me and whispered “You finally got it this time.”  I smiled at him. Ian patted Dylan’s shoulder. “You know the drill.”

 Dylan nodded, smiling. “Official babysitter, driver and bodyguard.” He said, pointing to himself. We all laughed at him.

The dinner was fantastic. I have almost everyone I love on this table. I hope everything goes well. I can’t wait for tomorrow. And the next day. And the next….

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ta-daaaaahhh! Finally together huh  *wink*wink*

Say you love me, say you love me, come on....hehehe  xP

I hope you like this one. Vote and comment if you do. 

Dylan and Cate's picture here ======>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

288 0 28
Am I ever going to completely forget? Is he? Is true love forever? Is fate real? I'm still wondering. This story is inspired by true events.
1.5K 72 23
In life things don't always go the way planned love is never real people lie and the past will always come back to bite you in the ass especially wh...
1.2K 137 30
"And as I hold my crying, broken girl in my arms at the doctors office, I realize the true meaning of unconditional love. There isn't anything that...
309K 8.4K 33
"Cassie, sweetie, please do me a huge favor." "What is it, Mom?" "Do. Not. Get. Pregnant." "Ever?" "I mean, don't get pregnant in your teen years." "...