Tourniquet || Damon Salvatore...

Door sewerbats

"No matter how much you try to heal your broken problems you're only able to do as much as a tourniquet." Not... Meer

Disclaimer
Playlist
Chapter 1: The New Guy
Chapter 2: The Encounter
Chapter 3: Visiting Vicki
Chapter 4: Brotherly Fued?
Chapter 5: Bonnie's Words Of Caution
Chapter 6: The Dinner
Chapter 7: Founders Party
Chapter 9: Sexy Suds Car Wash
Chapter 10: Vampire
Chapter 11: Vicki's Vanishing Act
Chapter 12: No Remorse
Chapter 13: Inhumane
Chapter 14: Memory Gaps
Chapter 15: The Talisman
Chapter 17: Logan Fell
Chapter 18: Roadtrip To Georgia
Chapter 19: The Kiss
Chapter 20: I Care About You
Chapter 21: Revealations
Chapter 22: The Grimoire
Chapter 23: Into The Tomb
Chapter 24: Who Is Isobel?
Chapter 25: No Secrets
Chapter 26: His Own Desire
Chapter 27: Under Control?
Chapter 28: Off His Rocker
Chapter 29: Stefan's Crisis
Chapter 30: Isobel's Visit
Chapter 31: Founder's Day Parade

Chapter 16: Remember

5.6K 173 10
Door sewerbats

My ears were ringing when I woke up to the sound of Damon's voice laced with desperation, "I don't care about them. I just want Katherine."

I slowly opened my eyes to see that he was no longer impaled by a branch. As I slowly sat up I noticed Stefan was there as well.

Grimacing from the pain in my back, I watched as Stefan scolded his brother and grabbed him tightly, "I knew I shouldn't have believed a single word that comes out of your mouth. This isn't about love, is it? This is about revenge."

"The two aren't mutually exclusive," Damon mumbled trying to break out of Stefan's grasp, still weak from being empaled.

"Damon, you can't do this!" Stefan shouted at his older brother.

"Why not? They killed 27 people, and they called it a war battle. They deserve whatever they get," Damon shouted back pushing Stefan.

"27 vampires, Damon. They were vampires. You can't just bring them back," Stefan clarified.

My eyes widened in realization that Damon wanted to release 27 vampires into mystic falls just so he could get Katherine! He was using me... I felt my heart sink. Why was I so jealous? He's a bad person.

"This town deserves this," Damon spat and I furrowed my brows. Part of me desperately wanted to believe that he only said this in the heat of the moment.

"You're blaming innocent people for something that happened 145 years ago," Stefan spat out, getting closer to Damon's face as Damon grabbed Stefan harshly.

"There is nothing innocent about these people, and don't think for a second it won't happen again. They already know too much, and they'll burn your little grandwitch right next to us when they find out. Trust me," Damon shoved Stefan and pointed to Emily.

"Things are different now," Emily spoke up as she drew a pentagram in the ground.

"Don't do this," Damon desperately begged to Emily.

"I can't free them. I won't," Emily stated plainly before she shouted out, "Incendia!"

The pentagram Emily drew in the ground set ablaze. Large roaring flames created a wall between Emily and everyone else. I watched as Emily yanked the necklace off her neck and held it up.

Damon got on his knees and cried out, "No....no...please."

"Bonnie!" Elena shouted running over to where the Salvatore brothers and I were. Damon turned his head expecting to just see Elena but he saw me concious and a look of relief washed over his face when we locked eyes.

The moment didn't last that long. He turned his attention back to Emily as she threw the necklace into the air, and it exploded above us. I heard Damon shout out in agony and it honestly made me feel bad for him.

Once the spell was completed and the crystal was destroyed, the fire died out. Emily must've departed from Bonnie's body because Bonnie looked around in horror, having no idea what had just occurred.

"Bonnie!" I shouted and rushed to her as soon as I saw Damon rushing to her as well. Somehow I managed to beat him and in a split second I felt searing hot pain in my neck. Then I heard Bonnie scream in horror at what was happening.

"Oh god! Arina!" Elena shouted out as I felt a searing hot pain grow in my neck. Damon was digging in his fangs. This caused me to shriek out of fear. "Damon! S-stop please," I cried out.

Stefan must've sped over and pulled Damon off of me because I no longer felt Damon's fangs in my neck. As soon as his fangs parted from my neck, I felt myself fall to the ground. I stared at Damon in horror. Strangely enough, his eyes reflected the same emotion mine had. He seemed like he was horrified by what he had done.

Stefan and Elena rushed over to me and hovered over me like I was a wounded bird. I felt my neck and noticed that blood was still trickling out of it. I found myself starting to feel lightheaded.

I stared off weakly as Stefan crouched in front of me and looked up at Elena as he explained, "I can save her." Before he could bite into his wrist he was pushed aside by Damon.

Damon crouched down and looked at me with concern for a brief moment before looking back at Stefan, "No need to, saint Stefan." Damon bit into his wrist and held it in front of me, waiting for me to drink from it. It seemed like he didn't want to force me and was giving it as an option.

I weakly grabbed his wrist and drank some of his blood from a punctured vein. It tasted terrible but the feeling it gave me was amazing. It felt better than any drug I ever had with Vicki. As soon as I didn't feel as weak and drowsy as before, I pulled away.

I saw Stefan, Elena, and Bonnie staring at me. Bonnie in particular was staring in horror. "Her neck, it's healing." Bonnie spoke out of shock. I reached a hand to touch my neck and noticed she was right.

My eyes met Damon's that stared at me intently. I awkwardly looked away and slowly got up. I looked around everyone around me and awkwardly asked, "Can someone take me home? I think I've had enough craziness for one night."

"I'll do it." Damon said quickly. He then looked at a worried Stefan and reassured him, "Don't worry I'm not going to kill her," Damon spoke sincerely.

Stefan narrowed his brows, clearly unconvinced. This caused Damon to put his hands in the air in defense. Stefan must've thought Damon was being out of character. I too, thought he wasn't being himself.

"It's fine...He would've killed me by now if he wanted to," I explained, hoping I was right.  At this point I just wanted to get home.

Elena and Bonnie exchanged worried glances as I waved them off. As I walked away, I noticed Elena pull Bonnie to the side to talk to her. I figured that Elena was probably going to tell Bonnie about vampires.

I walked over to Damon while he directed his attention to Stefan, "Katherine never compelled me. I knew everything. Every step of the way. It was real for me. I'll leave now," His icy eyes glossed over and I felt a familiar pang in my heart because he still loved her.

Stefan hesitated but ultimately said nothing before turning to head over to Elena and Bonnie.

The walk to my house was silent. Neither Damon or I said a word. When we reached my street, I pointed to my house and stated, "We're here. Thanks for walking back with me."

Damon nodded to me as he stuck his hands in the pockets of his jacket. I turned and began to unlock the front door when I heard Damon abruptly comment, "Wait. You came through for me by trying to help get the medallion. The least I can do is keep my end of the deal."

I turned around and stared at him with my mouth slightly parted. With all of the hysteria that happened I had briefly forgotten about the deal.  The fact that he was keeping his end of the deal meant a lot to me.

"What are Stefan and Elena hiding from me?" I questioned anxiously.

Instead of responding Damon walked over to me, getting as close to me as he could. He finally explained, "The reason why you have holes in your memory is because I compelled you. I saw how much pain you were in and wanted to take it away. However, even when I took the memories away the pain was still there."

I stared at Damon in shock. He moved closer to me and softly cupped my face as he stared into my eyes. His touch was gentle and warm.

I noticed his pupils dilating then shrinking as he spoke out softly, "Remember everything that happened with Vicki, the cemetery, the Halloween party, and Elena's porch."

Flashes of memories played out in my head like a deleted scenes from a movie. These scenes were foreign at first, yet familiar once they stopped rushing in. Feelings of Sorrow, shock, and anger were waves that violently washed over me. I felt like I was drowning.

All of the puzzle pieces were together and I couldn't believe it...Damon turned Vicki into a vampire and Stefan killed her to protect Jeremy, Elena, and I. Elena had Damon compel me to forget and put false memories in my head!

How could she? More importantly, how could Damon and Stefan agree to this? I just couldn't believe that Stefan would agree to compelling me. I thought he was a good guy.

To make matters worse, my own best friend lied to my face about keeping secrets when I called her out on it. Who knows what else she's hiding from me? Elena had no right to do that to me.

I felt sick to my stomach and felt my whole body shake. I stared up at Damon with eyes that were full of overwhelming sadness. He peered at me with worry, causing me to tremble and turn away from him. I felt my breathing become ragged and had a hard time swallowing. The feeling of dread felt everlasting.

This whole time I thought Vicki ran away. I even unknowingly lied to sheriff Forbes and now Matt and Jeremy won't know the truth. What made my skin crawl even more was the fact she compelled Jeremy too.

I felt a sudden surge of anger return and turned around to see that Damon was still standing there. I moved toward him and moved my fists, ready to punch him. With his vampiric speed, he caught my wrists before they could make contact with his chest. He held them in a tight grip as I roughly hollered, "How could you do this to me?"

Damon's brows furrowed as he stared at me with dejection. He sighed softly and after a moment of silence he finally confessed with a strained voice, "I...I'm sorry."

I wanted to yell at him until I couldn't yell anymore but stopped myself when I remembered that he was the one that gave me the truth.

Despite how horrendous Damon was to turn Vicki, he owned up to it. He could have been selfish and left me compelled, so I would think less terribly of him but he didn't. I wanted to loathe him but I part of me couldn't.

The anger in my face softened into sadness because no matter how angry I was, it wasn't going to bring Vicki back. I felt my whole body tremble again. My hands covered my eyes that were welling with tears.

I gasped lightly when I felt Damon pull me into his arms. I stood still with my arms at my sides for a moment before moving my hands around him. I'm uncertain how long I stood there hugging him with my eyes closed.

When I opened my eyes I slowly moved away from him, which allowed me to murmur out, "I should probably get some rest."

"Saint Stefan is probably worrying that I killed you so I should get going," He stated, acting like everything was back to normal.

I stared at him, feeling conflicted as to how I should feel toward him and replied, "Goodnight Damon."

"Goodnight Arina." He replied, giving me a once over glance before leaving.

I quickly opened my front door and walked into my house. After shutting the door, I immediately leaned my back against it. Letting out a loud sigh, I closed my eyes.

Damon is the reason why so many people are dead. Yet, he told me he wanted to take away my pain. Did he actually care about me? Or did he just want to use me like Caroline? What scared me was the fact that I trusted him more than I trusted Elena and Stefan.

Word Count: 2024
Author's Note: I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Let me know if you guys think I should make more manips of Damon and Arina (like the one on top of this chapter). :)

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

362K 10.4K 39
π˜Ώπ™€π™‡π™„π˜Ύπ˜Όπ™π™€ π˜Όπ™‰π˜Ώ π™π™π˜Όπ™‚π™„π™‡π™€ | ❝Ιͺ'ᴍ ɒᴇᴛᴛΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇΙͺΙ΄Ι’ ᴛᴀʀɒᴇᴛᴇᴅ α΄€Ι΄α΄… ᴜsᴇᴅ α΄€s ΚŸα΄‡α΄ α΄‡Κ€α΄€Ι’α΄‡ ᴊᴜsα΄› Κ™α΄‡α΄„α΄€α΄œsᴇ Ιͺ'ᴍ Κœα΄œα΄α΄€Ι΄ α΄€Ι΄α΄… Ιͺ α΄„α΄€Ι΄ α΄…Ιͺᴇ.❞ Paris A...
82.6K 1.2K 67
*The Vampire Diaries ReVamped* What if Stefan and Damon Salvatore have a sister? Mystal Salvatore is back in Mystic Falls and she has a past that eve...
1.6K 94 48
When peach moves from NYC to Mystic Falls she meets this strange mysterious guy & from there her life takes a turn as she discovers her own dark secr...
41.3K 1.4K 99
After 125 years of being dragged around the United States and Europe, Lauren Salvatore returns back to her hometown of Mystic Falls, Virginia with he...