only friends - lamelo ball

By shxrrrr

A LaMelo Ball fan fiction. "I got you, okay? I promise I won't leave you." Kendall and Lamelo have been best... More

Note
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
important update

3

6.5K 167 94
By shxrrrr

2 votes and comments for the next chapter pls? Tell me what you think about this chapter.🌟

Saturday
Kendall's POV

Melo basketball game is today and he is definitely nervous. He stayed the night at my house once again but this time he slept in my bed. I was on the top of the bed and he was at the bottom. His feet are so freakin huge.

"Melo wake up. It's 8:39." I say. He has to be at the game by 2. Melo rolls his body to his back facing the mattress. "You sleep wild you know? I'm never sleeping in this bed with you again." Melo responds in his raspy voice. That's so cute. "Oh shut up, at least my feet aren't giants."

"Well... you know what they say about big feet."

"Yup.. big personalities!" I smirked trying to avoid the conversation he was about to start.

I get out of bed and go into my bathroom to brush my teeth. I picked up my phone to text Cass.

Me: you wanna come to Melo's basketball game with me?

Cass👯: sure I'll come. We have to talk tho

Me: about?

Cass👯: you'll see..

I wonder what's going on. I go downstairs to make some cereal. My mom sees me and blocks the cabinet. "Balls." When she says that, that means we are having breakfast at the Ball Brothers house. They are practically my second family.

My mom and dad grab a couple of things and leave. "I'll meet you guys there." I yell before they close the front door. I wake my sister, Shan, up and tell her we gotta go. Shan is 17 years old and she has her little drama with Gelo. Gelo dates her then they break up then he dates another girl then they break up then he goes back to Shan blah blah. I don't care, not my drama.

Gelo is like a brother to me so I can't really be mad at him when they fight. When I go back to my room, Melo is putting back on his shirt.

"Breakfast at your house today." I say while passing him his slides. "Alright well I'll leave now."

"NO." I think scream out loud. "I mean.. I'm coming just wait. "Okay?" He says. Wow this made the whole conversation awkward. I grab my phone and we decided to go through my window since it'd be faster. We climb into Melo's window and into his room.

Melo turns around facing me. "You good?" He asks. "Yeah. yeah why?" I reply. "No reason just asking." He continued walking.

We walk into the kitchen where everyone is waiting for us. Shan soon comes in and I realize the tension her and Gelo has.

"How is my favorite track star?" Mr. Lavar asks me. "I'm fine. How are you?"

-

It is 1:30 now I'm getting ready for Melo's game. I hear a knock on my door and I believe it's Cass. I go downstairs and open the door. "Hey, just wanted to say bye before I go to the game", Melo says smiling. "You're still going right?"

"Of course. Wanna come in for a minute?" I ask Melo, hoping he'll say yes. "Only like 2 minutes because I have to go soon."

We walk inside and then upstairs to my room. I walk in my room and close the door behind me while locking it. "I have to tell you something."

"Make it quick Ken. You okay?" Melo asks while being confused.

"Okay so I don't know if it's true or not but.. I-I think I like you." There was complete pause for maybe a good minute.

"I have to go Kendall. I promise we will talk about this after my game", Melo says. I definitely understand where he's coming from. I don't want him to do bad because of me.

He unlocks my room door and makes his way downstairs and out the door. As Melo walks out, Cass walks in. "Trouble in paradise?" Cass mouthed just in case Melo was still near.

We both walk out the house and walk to Jefferson High School for Melo's AAU game. Once we got there we paid and found some seats. So much people were there and some ESPN camera men were there too. I see Melo's team come out the doorways and everyone screams Gelo and Melo names.

When the announcer yells Melo name Cass and I clap and scream just like everyone else. "GO MELO!" I yell which gets his attention. He winks at me and grabs the basketball to make a warmup shot. Chills runs down my back and now that wink will be replaying in my head the whole game. Thanks.

Gelo comes out and a lot of the girls squeal and waves at him. Gelo makes his warmup shot and makes it. I see Mr. Lavar coming in with Mrs. Tina and they sat all the way on the other side of the gym. They see me and wave and I wave back cheesing so hard.

The game has started and Melo is doing really good.  Of course his team is winning and Gelo is doing fairly well too. Half time starts soon enough and I walk down the bleachers and grab Melo before he goes in the locker room.

"Great job Mel, I'm proud of you but I'd still beat you in a game", I say.

"Oh no, you not talking to me. We just gonna have to see about that when we get home. After we talk", Melo leans in for a hug and I gladly accept clearly ignoring his sweat smells.

We hug for a good couple seconds minutes just us rocking side to side.

( like that ^ )

He finally lets go and I pout a little because his hugs are so great. What am I on? Why am I feeling so vulnerable around him?

He leans towards my ear, "see you later", He whispers. We both walked away from each other and I began to get a little sad. Do I like him? Don't say that! I can't like him! He's only my friend... best friend. What is happening to me?

-

Melo's team won from 67-43. I grabbed my phone and text Melo to meet me and Cass at Chipotle.

Melo💓🤷🏽‍♀️: I'm brining a friend. So he can keep Cass company and me and you can talk😉

I smiled to myself because I really wanted to talk about how I felt. Cass and I made our way to chipotle and got in line. Melo and some guy name Brandon met us there and we all talked while waiting. "So Cass, this is Brandon, my friend", Melo says. Cass and Brandon decided to talk for a little leaving them behind me and Melo. "Hi what would you like?" A worker says to me waiting for my reply. "Bowl-so are you going to my meet Monday- to go." I say while talking to the worker and then to Melo.

"Of course! I wouldn't miss it for the world." Melo smiled. I bought my food and we all sat down at a table to chat.

Me: take Brandon outside really quick

Cass👯: fine

"Umm. Brandon can I show you something outside", Cass asks. "Yeah, ok."

They both get up and leave Melo and I alone. Here we go.

"So you wanted to talk?" I asked Melo.

"Well no it was kind of your idea."

"Yeah. How do you feel about.. You know."

I fidget with my fingers avoiding to look at Melo's face actions. I looked at him across from me and he is literally cheesing. Is this funny?

Melo grabs my hand. "Look. You are like my world. You've always been there for me and I can't do anything without you. But until today, I have never thought about you like.. more then that. I've been thinking about you all day. Even in the game, you make me want to go harder. I love you a lot... but never more then friends. You're my sister."

There was a very long silence. "Ok" I say. I don't know what else to say. He doesn't like me like that and I just have to accept it. I won't make a silly crush ruin a great friend ship.

Hi guys! I honestly liked what happened in this chapter. 2 votes and comments for the next update please? Tell me what you thought about this chapter.

Also, think you for 50+ reads!!! I really appreciate it, make sure you follow me💖. See you later 🤓

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.9K 752 46
LaMelo was a basketball star. Goofy and carefree. He never really cared for relationships after the ones he's been in previously. Mariah was a talent...
10K 209 19
Cassiopeia is a twenty-one year old, freshly graduated college student, trying to find her position in the world. When her parents inform her of an a...
297K 8.2K 53
LaMelo looks at me in shock. "What happened, it's not like you to just give up?" LaMelo says. I stay silent. ¤Started: June 22, 2018¤ ¤Finished: July...
494K 9.1K 49
•COMPLETED• Two young ballers trying to figure out how to deal with basketball,new fame and the hardest thing of all...love