All The Queen's Horses {Myrni...

Af EmelineRousselotFF

I trembled when we entered the room. I had heard there was nothing quite like make-up sex and even experience... Mere

Maybe Just a Small Taste
No Life & Death - Only Science
My Own Personal Blood Donor
Myrnin's or Oliver's Pet?
I Am...Willing...If You Want
Come. Now. Urgent!
I Can't Help Her Here
Mortal Danger
Vodka & Moscato
Run Away With Me
I Don't Play Games
Girl Talk Confessions
You Have to Decide. Now!
And Then We Were Falling
Gwion's Lair
An Intimate Connection
Clāmāre
The Ties That Bind
Little Minx
Challenges
Liam and Eve
Ocelot
Never Be Enough
Immortals
Do You Want to Die Today?
Bite Me
Dragon Mallow
What Do I Get in Return?
Faeryn
Playing With Fire
You Did This To Me!
What He Can't Have
The Rabbit Hole
Will It Hurt?
Cat Got Your Tongue?
You Belong to Me
Nowhere To Go
Full of Surprises
The Missing Piece
I Love That Sound
My Exotic Butterfly
Was I Worth It?
Panty Circus
Fix It
They Know
That's Going to Be Painful
I Can't Do This
Be Ready for the Next Hit
It's a Start
Fight For Me!
Priodas
You Want That?
Bloodlust
Of Course It's a Trap
Do It
Pillow Talk
Sleep Now, Cariad
A Little Rough
Epilogue

A Brother Bond

8.4K 526 14
Af EmelineRousselotFF

Chapter 46 – A Brother Bond

I lay naked next to Myrnin's chest, contentment humming through my entire body, giving me the most delicious tingle from head to toe. I didn't think it was possible, but once again, he had shown me pleasure beyond what I had ever experienced before. The last few hours in his hands, under his touch, had been blissful heaven.

My eyelids felt heavy. I was exhausted.

"Sleep now, Cariad," Myrnin murmured.

I planned to, but first I had questions that needed answers. "Myrnin, why did you trust Gwion to come with you when you looked for me? He has already proven he was willing to kill to get what he wants. How did you know he wouldn't just kill you and take me?"

Myrnin was silent for a moment. "That is a complicated question to answer....Primarily because Gwion is a complicated man. Over the centuries, he has had plenty of opportunity to kill me but he has always chosen not to. He would never admit it, but I am his greatest achievement. I wouldn't go so far as to call it a brother bond, but I am the closest creature to him. And as much as he insists I am no match for him physically, he knows that isn't true. It would be a devastating fight, to be sure, but his success would not at all be guaranteed."

I shuddered. I remembered Gwion's attacks on Ciro. I suspected it was just a small taste of what he was truly capable of. And it had been frightening to watch. I never wanted to see him and Myrnin fight like that.

Myrnin continued, "Make no mistake. He is cruel. You've seen evidence. He was perfectly willing to let Amelie die – as a result of his own poisoning, nonetheless. And while his goal was to obtain her, he gets off on the game more than the end result."

I thought about that for a moment. "He enjoys the chase more than the catch," I contemplated.

"Yes, it is similar to the reason he spun you into my arms at the dance. He doesn't want what is easy for him to take. And brute force is beneath him – again, that would be too easy. He has no genuine concern for anything or anyone. It all goes back to having nothing to lose. He plays games as he sees fit, just for whatever entertainment they provide him," Myrnin finished.

"So, he helped you get me back, but he still wants me?" I tried to understand.

"He most certainly wants you," Myrnin confirmed, his mouth in a hard line. "I can't fault him for desiring you. I certainly understand it, intimately. But he would never take you forcefully. His ego wouldn't allow for that. He wants you to choose him."

"He only wants me because of Amelie's powers," I contemplated. "When we get back, she needs to take them back. I understand it will put her in an awkward position, but we tried to hide them and failed. He knows now." I wanted nothing more than to be rid of Amelie's powers.

"It won't be that easy," Myrnin hedged carefully. There was something about his expression that alarmed me.

"What?! What are you not telling me?" I asked, my voice rising, trying to keep my panic in check. I just knew his answer was going to be bad.

And I was right.

"Gwion still has full control over Amelie. He is not allowing her to take her power back," Myrnin spoke quietly, letting the full realization of his words wash over me.

"What the hell?! He can't do that!! He went through all of this just to get her, complete with her power. And now he can have it!" I stammered, waving my hands in the air to emphasize my words. I couldn't breathe.

"You are a prize to be won, even without Amelie's power. No one has ever succeeded in beating him at a mental challenge. Your brain works in very unique ways. Don't underestimate your appeal to him. And if all of that were not enough, now you have more power than any other female vampire known to exist."

"None of that fucking matters, because I have no intention of being with him," I hissed, anger winding through me.

"Your resistance only makes the win more satisfying in the end."

I stared at Myrnin in disbelief and snapped, "What the fuck does that mean?! Do you think I am a foregone conclusion? Do you believe his charms to be so irresistible that no one can deny him...even me?! Because I have a flash for you. I have no intention of being controlled or manipulated by anyone!"

"No...not when you are in your right mind," he answered carefully. "And even when you were under the influence of Amelie's power at the dance, you stayed true to wanting your independence when you rejected his offer to return to Conwy with him. However, when you are in that mindset, the physical attraction appears to be too much for you to overcome."

I stared at him, horrified because I knew he was right. My chest hurt at the knowledge that I would most certainly cheat on him if given the right circumstances. Myrnin read the dismay in my eyes and murmured, "I meant it when I said I wouldn't blame you if that happened."

"How can you be okay with that?" I breathed raggedly. "I heard what you said at the cabin. I understand you think you could forgive me. But as much as I could forgive your attempts to kill me, I don't think I could stand by if your altered behavior meant you slept with someone else." A tear slipped down my cheek just at the thought of him with someone else.

He gathered me tightly in his arms. "We will figure it out, Cariad. For now, we just need to focus on your control over her power."

"Is there any other way for me to get rid of it besides Amelie drawing it back out?" I asked, already dreading the answer. He shook his head silently, confirming my fears. And then an even worse thought took hold. I couldn't hide the panic in my voice. "Myrnin, what happens to her power if Amelie dies? Am I stuck with it forever? If Gwion really wanted to insure I am stuck with her power, why doesn't he just kill her?"

Myrnin's eyes were tight as he answered, "Because he is punishing her. Letting her live, but without her power, is a fate worse than death for her."

'Cruel,' I mouthed the word. My brain was spinning. I wasn't going to just sit back and take whatever came. I had overcome Myrnin when I was just human. I knew Gwion was a force to be reckoned with, but I had skill and I had power...even if I didn't know yet how to use it.

Myrnin felt the shift in my emotions and asked me warily, "What are you thinking?"

"I'm thinking it's a good thing Gwion is cruel – and overconfident – because by not killing her, he has left open the possibility for Amelie to take her powers back. He is not the only one that can play games," I murmured the last sentence under my breath.

"Cariad, we are going to have to play this very carefully," Myrnin warned me.

"We will," I assured him. I reached my fingertips to touch the worry lines in Myrnin's face. "Myrnin, do you like Gwion?"

His eyebrows rose in response to my odd question.

"I'm just trying to understand his idiosyncrasies. In the middle of all of his cruelty, I have seen obvious glimpses of kindness. What he did for Eve...And helping you find me. Abigail was obviously fond of him. Even Liam showed a certain favorable admiration. And you stayed with him for centuries. You can't hate him completely."

"No, I don't hate him. As you have already been able to determine, Gwion and I are quite similar in perspective and personality. We share a mutual respect for each other," he admitted easily.

I nodded silently. His answer was consistent with my earlier assessment. I still remembered their overt common mischievousness at Walmart and remarked wryly, "I have no doubt you got yourselves into quite a bit of trouble together over the years."

"I won't deny that," he smirked.

We were interrupted by his phone vibrating on the nightstand. My belly clenched nervously as he answered it. The conversation was clipped as he mostly asked one word questions and then ended in a confirmation of 'okay'.

"What's going on?"

"While there is daylight, we will sleep. Tonight we have a party to go to. We have a lead on the owner of the helicopter. His name is Ashton Milan. He also owns an underground club about thirty minutes away. Reportedly there will be a rave tonight."

"A rave?" I mumbled, while trying to stifle a yawn at the same time. That was unexpected. I had been to a few teenage parties in my lifetime, but I was certain kegs and red Solo cups, did not compare to what we would experience tonight.

Myrnin noticed my increasing sleepiness. He pulled me tight to his chest. His band-of-steel arms immediately soothed my anxieties. Every muscle in my body relaxed into him. "Sleep, Cariad," he whispered.

I was more than happy to follow his instructions, and let sleep drift over me, pulling me into blissful unconsciousness.

...........

It felt like only minutes later, when Myrnin gently nudged me. He whispered softly, "Time to shower and get ready, Cariad."

I groaned, keeping my lids shut tightly, and threw a pillow in his general direction. He laughed softly. Reluctantly, I opened my eyes and mentally coached myself to get out of the shockingly comfortable confines of the bed.

I knew we were headed to a rave, but other than that I had very few details. Well actually, no other details. I found Myrnin's intense gaze and questioned, "Myrnin, where is Gwion meeting us?"

Myrnin's eyes were guarded as he replied, "I am unsure."

I knew that look. He wasn't telling me everything, and the nagging feeling in my stomach caused me to ask pointedly, "Have you heard from Gwion today?"

He confirmed my suspicion. "No, Gwion has not yet arrived at the hotel and all calls to him go straight to voicemail," Myrnin answered impassively, but I could tell he didn't like the unknown.

"What?" I breathed weakly. I couldn't quite picture something horrible happening to Gwion. He just seemed too full of life... Too strong. I murmured my fears out loud, "Do you think he has been captured or killed?"

"No, he's too cunning to let that happen. Come. Let's get you into the shower." He redirected my attention by lifting me from the bed and depositing me into the bathroom. He turned the shower handle, releasing the hot water, and then gave me a quick peck on the forehead, murmuring wistfully, "I'm going to go get dressed. If I stay in here with your naked body, we won't leave this room until you are screaming my name. And, alas, there is no time for that right now."

My pelvic muscles clenched in fierce anticipation. He felt my response and smirked. My hand twitched, briefly considering relieving the throbbing ache between my legs myself. It would only take a minute once my body came in contact with the heated water.

Myrnin knew me too well. He smiled knowingly and purred, "No touching yourself. Wait for me. When we return, you may show me exactly what you are picturing doing to yourself, in that pretty little head of yours."

I scowled and muttered, "You are a cruel, cruel man."

He chuckled softly and walked out the door.

I stepped into the hot flow of water, biting back a moan of sexual frustration as it cascaded over my body and down through my legs. There was no way I could pleasure myself without Myrnin knowing. He could feel my emotions even from the other room, and the thought of hiding an orgasm was simply laughable.

I washed quickly, forcing my attention away from all of the things I wanted to do to him. My thoughts drifted toward our outing tonight and the missing Gwion. An all too familiar anxiety trickled down my spine. I finished and cut off the water.

Just as I stepped out of the shower, I came face-to-face with Abigail, who once again, completely disregarded the fact that I was naked.

I blinked. Repeatedly.

"Holy cow, what are you wearing?!" I breathed, using the term 'wearing' loosely, because there really wasn't much covering her body. She looked like a woodland fairy. Her bikini top was simply an altered bra, embellished with gorgeous green, aqua, yellow and white flowers. A band of crystal jewels ran along the edge of her left breast. And a butterfly was tucked into the flowers along her right. The bikini bottom only had enough room for a few minimal flowers and leaves. It was accented with gold lame' strips that hung down her left hip. My stunned eyes traveled lower to find matching green fur boots.

She giggled, "My uniform for tonight. Wait until you see yours..."

.

Hello again! Please take a sec to slap the Vote button senseless. And as always, a comment would be quite lovely. You guys are awesome!

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

84.8K 1.5K 18
under editing | will be back soon C L Y D E For a long time, I thought the best thing that has ever happened to me was the first time I met my grandm...
464 24 51
--Updated weekly-- "Why are you following me?" "I am free to roam anywhere within Barracks, am I not?" "Aldaire will be displeased if he sees us tog...
532K 36.2K 59
"Most intriguing. You obviously know who - and what - I am, but you don't run." He leaned toward her and felt her body react. "Quite the opposite i...