Mr. Shallow || K. Taehyung

By lazilazuli

Kim Taehyung, an unhappy university student, hasn't been in the mood to mess around with any girls lately, bu... More

「Chapter 1」
「Chapter 2」
「Chapter 3」
「Chapter 4」
「Chapter 5」
「Chapter 6」
「 Chapter 7」
「Chapter 8」
「Chapter 9」
「Chapter 10」
「Chapter 11」
「Chapter 12」
「Chapter 13」
「Chapter 14」
「Chapter 15」
「Chapter 16」
「Chapter 17」
「Chapter 18」
「Chapter 19」
「Chapter 20」
「Chapter 21」
「Chapter 22」
「Chapter 23」
「Chapter 24」
「Chapter 25」
「Chapter 26」
「Chapter 27」
「Chapter 28」
「Chapter 29」
「Chapter 30」
「Chapter 31」
「Chapter 32」
「Chapter 33」
「Chapter 34」
「Chapter 35」
「Chapter 36」
「Chapter 37」
「Chapter 38」
「Chapter 39」
「Chapter 40」
「Chapter 41」
「Chapter 43」
「Chapter 44」
「Chapter 45」
「Chapter 46」
「Chapter 47」
「Chapter 48」
「Chapter 49」
「Chapter 50」
「Chapter 51 」
「Chapter 52」
「Chapter 53」
「Chapter 54」
「Chapter 55」
「Chapter 56」
「Chapter 57」
「Chapter 58」
「Chapter 59」
「Chapter 60」
「Chapter 61」
「Chapter 62」
「Chapter 63」
「Chapter 64」
「Chapter 65」
「Chapter 66」
「Chapter 67」
「Chapter 68」
「Chapter 69」
「Chapter 70」
「Chapter 71」
「Chapter 72」
「Chapter 73」
「Chapter 74」
「Chapter 75」
「Chapter 76」
「Chapter 77」
「Chapter 78」
「Chapter 79」
「Chapter 80」
「Chapter 81」
「Chapter 82」
「Chapter 83」
「Chapter 84」
「Chapter 85」
「Chapter 86」
「Chapter 87」
「Chapter 88」
「Chapter 89」
「Chapter 90」
「Chapter 91」
「Chapter 92」
「Chapter 93」
「Chapter 94」
「Chapter 95」
「Chapter 96」
「Chapter 97」
「Chapter 98」
「Chapter 99」
「Chapter 100」
「Chapter 101」
「Chapter 102」
「Chapter 103」
「Chapter 104」
「Chapter 105」
「Chapter 106」
「Chapter 107」

「Chapter 42」

492 13 4
By lazilazuli

"Is everyone still in class?" Jimin asked, walking up to the lone maknae.

"Yoongi and Jin hyung are," he reached into the bag of chips. "But the others should be making their way here right now," he popped another one into his mouth.

"Really," Jimin pulled up a seat beside him, "I guess that only gives me a bit of time then."

Jungkook looked to his hyung in question. "A bit of time for what?"

"You think I didn't notice your sudden mood change over the weekend? Ever since we left Taehyung's house on Friday, you've been looking just as depressed as he has."

Jungkook pulled his eyes away from Jimin and looked onto the study book sitting in front of him, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"You really wanna play this game?" Jungkook made sure of his silence by shoving a handful of chips into his mouth. "You didn't start acting weird until we started talking about how those two kissed that day."

Just as he went to shove his hand back in the nearly finished bag, he came to an abrupt halt; followed by more silence, he retracted his hand and sat it beside the bag. He refused to look Jimin in the eye.

Jimin could tell that he had hit the nail on the head after seeing him react the way he did. "I get that you and Jiyeong have been friends for a really long time, and you might even consider her to be a sibling, but you don't need to get upset over something like that. Two of your best friends are finally finding love, and with each other. You should be happy for--"

"I can't do that," Jungkook interrupted, with the automatic shake of his head.

Jimin paused, before continuing, "and why's that?"

"Because I'd only be lying to myself." He just stared on in confusion, waiting for him to finish explaining. "Do you remember that night when you figured out I had stopped messing with girls because I had someone I liked? Well, that someone is Jiyeong."

Jimin's eyes nearly jumped right out their sockets. "What?!"

"Shhh!" When the boys looked over, they immediately locked eyes with the strict librarian. She had her index fingers over her lips, shushing them down. They bowed their heads slightly, mouthing an apology in return.

Jimin eyed the maknae up and down, confused and shocked all the same. "Since when have you liked Jiyeong?"

"Since way before I met you guys. Just before we were supposed to enter high school, and it was time for her to move away, I planned on telling her how I felt, but I chickened out last minute. I let her leave thinking that I'd never see her again and kept these feelings around ever since. But now that she's with me again, I don't plan on letting go."

"Jungkook-ah..." Jimin didn't know how to respond. 'So that's the reason why he didn't come the other day. I wouldn't want to be apart of any plans to help my friend get with the girl I liked, either.'

"We've been making things more difficult for you, right? Sorry about that," he reached out and gave him a brief pat on his back. "Do you want me to tell the guys to forget about the plans?"

"No," he shook his head, "they'll just get suspicious just like you did. I don't want them to find out about it, yet. Until then, I'll just be waiting patiently for the day that I get to sweep her up off her feet," he gave half a smile.

Jimin ran his fingers through his hair and tittered. "You don't have to worry, your secret is safe with me."

"Thanks," Jungkook brushed his fingers over each other to dust off the collected chip powder.

"But, since we're making confessing now, I'll let you in on a little something, too." Jungkook's brow cocked with curiosity, as he readied his ears for what Jimin had to say. "I think--" he hesitated, "I think I've got a little something for Minji."

With a secret spilled in return, Jungkook's eyes started to widen in disbelief. "'Minji'? As in, Jiyeong's Minji?"

"Yeah."

"You mean the girl who's always ever called us man whores?" Jimin nodded. "The same girl who didn't have one ounce of trust in any of us a couple weeks ago?"

"Is it that hard to believe?"

"Of course it is. When'd you even begin to catch feelings for her?"

Jimin shrugged, "I don't even know myself. But, whenever we talk, I can't stop smiling at her adorably ruthless sarcasm."

''Adorably ruthless sarcasm'? That's new.'

"You guys might not think so, but she's actually really cute, especially when she's laughing. Whenever I spend time with her, the more I start to forget that she's Kyunghee's cousin."

"Wait...what?!"

"Yeah, did you already forget? Kyunghee introduced her to us that one time. She doesn't look like it now, but that girl with the braces and round glasses is Park Minji."

"Wow...she really changed."

"Jiminie! Jungkookie!" Hearing their names, the both of them looked over and saw Hoseok, along with everyone else, waving them down. Besides, Yoongi and Jin, everyone was just about here.

"Sorry we took so long," Namjoon apologized. "We were trying to convince Taehyung that Jiyeong wasn't going to come down here."

"I still have a bad feeling about this," Taehyung's eyes were darting to the left and right sides of the library. "She might show up at any second since this is one of her regular places to go on campus."

"Relax, okay? I made sure to text Minji, so they won't be coming down here," Jimin said.

Taehyung, still with a pout on his lips, hesitated when reaching out for a chair. "You had better not be lying," he warned them. He then took himself a seat across from Jimin.

"The girls already left to go to Minji's house to study, so can you stop acting like a little pussy and start studying?"

"I still don't understand why we couldn't do this at one of our houses," Taehyung muttered, before pulling his notes out of his bag.

A period later into their study session, Yoongi and Jin finally arrived at the library and took seats on the left-hand side of Taehyung, leaving only 2 seats available to his right-hand side. Three minutes later, the doors to the library opened once again.

Everyone, except Taehyung, looked over and watched both you and Minji make your way towards the table. But it didn't take him long to pick up on the one laugh he could never fail to recognize. Following the direction of it, his eyes finally found you, but he was too stunned to speak, much less move.

"Oh, hey sunbae," you greeted them, eyes scanning them over. "How're you all--" When your eyes landed on Taehyung's, the words seemed too difficult to finish.

"Oh, hey you guys," Namjoon waved.

Your eyes went to him. "H-hi," you pursed your lips right afterward. "I, uh...I didn't expect you all to be here." Your eyes started searching for an empty table to sit at. Fortunately, there was one available for the taking. "Well, we'll leave you guys to your studying. Come on, Min--"

"What're you saying, Jiyeong? We're sitting with them."

"But Minji..." you eyed her down, signaling her about one particular person's presence.

"I gotta take a leak," Taehyung immediately stood up, but was pulled right back down in his seat by Yoongi.

"Sit your ass down," he whispered.

"Are you kidding?" he whispered to him. "Do you not see who's standing right there?"

"I can't do it," you whispered. "You can stay with them, but I'm going to get away from here." You then turned away from them all and went to go sit at the vacant table.

At the same time, Taehyung was already grabbing his things and shoving them back into his bag. "You lying fucks said that she wouldn't be here," he stood to his feet, immediately walking out on them.

"Well that was a fail," Minji said. "I guess that puts plan B in motion." She then left the boys to go sit with you.

"Plan B?" Jungkook looked to Jimin, to which he nervously smiled in return.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.7K 2.2K 32
♟️: Just like two swords couldn't stay in one sheath, similarly Jung Hoseok and Kim Taehyung couldn't stay together in one place. Both were famous be...
59.2K 4.6K 61
"Because this is something that... I don't know..." he drifts off before smirking to himself as he glances down at the cement sidewalk. "I just... I'...
17.4K 230 9
"Why are you still here Minji? Why would Taehyung still keep you around to look after me if he already got what he wanted..." His voice was quiet and...
9.2K 340 42
"Agonizingly slow you lifted your head up to meet the eyes of your consoling stranger. A dark brown gaze filled with light golden specks met yours an...