All The Queen's Horses {Myrni...

By EmelineRousselotFF

I trembled when we entered the room. I had heard there was nothing quite like make-up sex and even experience... More

Maybe Just a Small Taste
No Life & Death - Only Science
My Own Personal Blood Donor
Myrnin's or Oliver's Pet?
I Am...Willing...If You Want
Come. Now. Urgent!
I Can't Help Her Here
Mortal Danger
Vodka & Moscato
Run Away With Me
I Don't Play Games
Girl Talk Confessions
You Have to Decide. Now!
And Then We Were Falling
Gwion's Lair
An Intimate Connection
Clāmāre
The Ties That Bind
Little Minx
Liam and Eve
Ocelot
Never Be Enough
Immortals
Do You Want to Die Today?
Bite Me
Dragon Mallow
What Do I Get in Return?
Faeryn
Playing With Fire
You Did This To Me!
What He Can't Have
The Rabbit Hole
Will It Hurt?
Cat Got Your Tongue?
You Belong to Me
Nowhere To Go
Full of Surprises
The Missing Piece
I Love That Sound
My Exotic Butterfly
Was I Worth It?
Panty Circus
Fix It
They Know
A Brother Bond
That's Going to Be Painful
I Can't Do This
Be Ready for the Next Hit
It's a Start
Fight For Me!
Priodas
You Want That?
Bloodlust
Of Course It's a Trap
Do It
Pillow Talk
Sleep Now, Cariad
A Little Rough
Epilogue

Challenges

9.8K 652 29
By EmelineRousselotFF

Chapter 20 - Challenges

"So, have you reconsidered your refusal?" Gwion ask pleasantly, as if he hadn't just asked for my body as part of our arrangement.

I blinked.

Words seemed to have fled my vocabulary entirely.

He nodded, believing my silence was confirmation of my rejection. "It is a shame, little minx...I think I would have enjoyed you," he purred seductively. "No matter," he commented and walked back toward his desk.

I couldn't think straight, but I knew this didn't feel right. Before I could take it back, I murmured under my breath, "Yes."

Of course, he could hear me. Gwion spun to face me, his expression surprised, which immediately settled into lust.

I couldn't concentrate on Gwion however because Myrnin was in front of me, kneeling, gripping my arms tightly. "No!" his tone was wild, feral. I was scared at what would happen if I lost. I knew he wouldn't walk away from me, which meant a fight - one I wasn't sure he, Michael and Shane could win.

I brought my hands up to cup his face softly, trying to control my shaking. "I can do this," my voice trailed off. I pleaded with my eyes, trying to remind him that I was stronger than even he expected. He stood, his face a mask of fury, and walked back out of the circle.

Gwion approached me slowly. "You would risk so much?" he murmured, examining me again. He appeared to be trying to decide if I was currently lucid. I know I had my own doubts about my sanity right now as well. My choice was made. I couldn't focus on anything but manipulating the skills Myrnin had given me. I didn't answer Gwion.

He nodded and instantly my world changed.

xxxxxxxxxx

I stood by myself, confused. The night sky was profound, only pierced by a few stars. Something wasn't right...I knew it in my gut. But what was it? Suddenly, I was no longer alone. I could see the outline of a man, not quite hidden in the shadows of the trees.

"Who's there?" my voice shook a little. I cringed. I knew I shouldn't have let him see any glimpse of fear. I was going to have to do better if I wanted to outlive this unknown threat. Maybe, he wasn't a threat, I thought hopefully...he could be kind. But why then was he hiding?

My heart sunk when he stepped out from the trees. It was the angry guard we had met at the gate! He glared at me and began to advance slowly. I recognized his look - my heart took off beating in my chest - he wanted to take his time.

"Myrnin!" I screamed his name. But there was no response. Dread filled me when the vampire smiled cruelly.

I stopped, confused again. It didn't make sense. Why the hell wasn't Myrnin with me? I wouldn't have just wandered out into the night alone in a compound full of vampires!

The vampire stopped smiling and I could have sworn I saw his image flicker. I felt pain in my head. No, not pain...it was uncomfortable...invasive.

The vampire advanced slowly on me again, his image even brighter, stronger than before.

I didn't have time to feel fear, because suddenly, I felt myself lash out mentally at whatever was invading my mind, striking back. I shook my head and hissed, "No!"

Instantly, I was back in Gwion's study surrounded by the same group of curious spectators. Gwion stared at me in disbelief. I did it! I thought excitedly. I told him no. I waited while he studied me. I wondered what he was looking for.

xxxxxxxxxx

My world faded to black again. I blinked, trying to orient myself and was confused to find I was reclined on Gwion's red velvet couch.

He turned and smiled warmly at me, "Oh, good, you're awake. I think I found a text you will be very excited about."

"Awake?" I mumbled. I must have been exhausted to have fallen asleep in his study. I sat up. My fingers brushed against an unusual texture. I looked down to find I was wearing a beautiful deep blue vintage lace dress. It had a baby-doll style that went to a few inches above my knee. There were two layers; a lighter blue underneath. I gathered the upper layer in my fingertips, examining the very expensive detailed lace pattern.

Gwion noticed my distraction and nodded approvingly, "I'm glad you choose that one. It looks lovely on you."

I glanced up at him in surprise. "Um...thank you."

"Look!" He excitedly handed me the book he was holding. I took it gently, careful not to tear the ancient pages. He sat next to me and said, "Notice the differences between these two illustrations."

I studied them carefully and ran my finger gently along the curve of the first one. "I recognize this symbol. It's taprine...but what is the other one?"

"Silenium," he explained with a light in his eyes, "is a gray crystalline nonmetal with semiconducting properties."

"Oh...you think the silenium is a better choice for the first element, rather than susmese, because it will help conduct the electricity for the decomposition step?" I understood now.

He teased, "If you're going to light them up, you might as well do it properly."

I blushed and scolded him, "I am not 'lighting them up', as you say. It is purely a scientific endeavor."

"Whatever you say," he replied unapologetically and disappeared, materializing at the grand piano covered in more manuscripts. "Where is it?" he muttered to himself.

I walked to the piano while he searched, and let my fingers touch the keys gently. I was surprised at how well tuned it was.

He looked up at me and asked, "Do you play?"

"Oh no," I replied quickly. My mother thought playing an instrument would help turn me into a refined woman, so I was forced into two years of piano lessons at the tender age of nine. Unfortunately, by the time the two years were up, my playing still sounded like a cat tripped and landed on the keys."

He laughed and slid over to the bench, murmuring, "It really is an exquisite instrument," as he began to run his hands fluidly over the ivories, coaxing an enchanting melody from the belly of the piano.

I inhaled sharply, stunned at his skill. When he finished, I breathed, "That was beautiful."

"Well, it's just a little something I composed a couple of centuries ago," he said dismissively.

"You wrote that?" I asked with wide eyes.

"Yes, but let's get back to more important things. I found the book I was looking for."

I followed him back to the couch, where he shuffled through the pages. I stared at him in confusion. He wasn't at all like I expected. He seemed kind, interesting and even funny. He noticed my silent examination and stopped reading from the text. "Yes, little minx?" he inquired.

"Its...it's just that," I stuttered, trying to put the words together and then just went right for my point and whispered, "Please let Michael and Shane go."

"Unfortunately, I cannot do that."

"Why?" I pleaded.

"There is a delicate balance of power here. I remain in control because I am always true to my word. Once I purchased them, it made them part of our food supply."

I cringed at his words.

"If I had but known your connection before the purchase was made, it would be different, but I cannot redefine what they are now. I am sorry, little minx," he said gently.

I looked carefully into his eyes and found only sincerity in his expression. My heart broke. There had to be a way.

Without warning, I heard a sharp hiss fly past me. Gwion's eyes widened as he looked down at the stake implanted in his chest. He fell back against the couch, paralyzed.

I screamed and spun my head toward the door. "Michael!" I jumped to my feet. "How? Where did you get the cross-bow?" I looked at the violent weapon he was holding.

"No time for explanations now. Let's go!" He waved me forward to him.

I looked back down at Gwion and hesitated. He wasn't dead yet. The stake hadn't hit his heart, but he would die if no one found him in time.

"Claire, come on! Forget about him. This is our only chance to be free," Michael spoke urgently.

"Free," I murmured, "but at what cost? Michael, I can't justify killing a living creature." I rested my trembling fingers on the stake. "There has to be another way. I can feel it."

I didn't know how I knew. I just knew this wasn't right.

"Claire, let him die! He deserves it. You know that," Michael spat.

I followed my instinct. My decision was made. "No!" I replied and pulled out the stake.

Gwion's eyes shot open. Suddenly, the room swirled around me and I was sitting again in the same chair. Oh! My heart beat loudly in my chest. I remembered now! The challenge! And that was my second no! Gwion stared at me with more intensity than ever before, and then seemed to make a decision.

xxxxxxxxxx

The light went out again, but only for a second. Suddenly, I saw Myrnin's smiling face. Happiness welled up in my chest almost painfully to see him no longer tormented. "You did it! You won!" he whispered excitedly and spun me around. I laughed at him playfully, letting my mind wander over the challenges.

Wait. I remembered the vampire in the dark and Michael shooting Gwion, but why couldn't I remember the last one?

"Myrnin," I asked hesitantly, "What was the third one again?"

For one unguarded moment, his eyes turned cold. But less than a blink later, his expression changed from the loving adoration he had when he swung me around to more...much more. I inhaled sharply, heat beginning to wind through my body.

His eyes were hypnotic as he murmured gruffly, "Let's celebrate." Desire and hunger washed over me, as he led me to the couch. I was hugely relieved that the challenges were done and we were finally back at the cottage.

How did we get to the cottage?

I didn't remember walking here. My brow furrowed as I tried to pull back the memory.

Abruptly, I felt him between my legs, sliding down. All other thoughts were lost as I trembled and moaned loudly when his tongue darted out playfully teasing my soft flesh.

Somewhere I heard vicious growling in the distance. That's odd, I wondered idly. We were alone.

And when had I taken my clothes off?

"Myrnin?" I asked hesitantly. My breath caught in my throat when I looked into his smoldering eyes.

"Do you want more?" he purred, his tongue darting out to trace lines on my belly. I shuddered with excitement.

My feelings and senses had been attacked by lies for the challenges, but this was different. This felt real. I was just overthinking it. I was grateful that I had my emotions locked so tightly away. Otherwise Myrnin would laugh at my ramblings and the crazy doubt running though my head.

And then I knew!

"No," I spoke the word strongly, confidently.

There were loud gasps all around me. Immediately, the vision broke and I found myself sitting in the same chair. My eyes shot down at my body. Whew, I was thankful I was fully dressed. My heart thundered in my chest as I realized I had won! The incredulous looks on everyone's faces confirmed it. Gwion looked equally stunned.

I couldn't focus on him. I spun my head around, searching. When I found Myrnin, the expression on his face was radiant. His eternal eyes reflected fierce pride. He took my breath away. I couldn't stop myself. I bolted from the chair and flew into his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist.

"Cariad," he whispered throatily, his voice overcome with emotion.

"We did it!" I hissed, an excited laugh bubbling from my mouth.

"You did it," he told me in wonder.

I shook my head, quickly dismissing his notion that I was alone in this victory. But I had no interest in speaking my disagreement right now. Instead, I clutched his face and harshly found his lips, demanding entrance with my tongue. Instantly he gave in to me, meeting me back with equal aggression. I knew we had audience but couldn't have cared less. I thrummed with pleasure.

Too soon, Myrnin came to his senses. I am not sure I ever would have, with the surge of overwhelming joy that coursed through my body. He pulled back just slightly, and whispered, "Cariad." He slowed down our motion and continued to kiss me in sweet and soft touches. I finally pulled away, momentarily satisfied. Myrnin set me down reluctantly.

Then I remembered - Gwion!

I spun to face him, afraid of his anger at my victory. I was shocked to find his expression relaxed, even entertained. I walked forward into the circle again, wary, keeping one hand firmly in Myrnin's. Not that there was any option. I was certain Myrnin wasn't going to let go of me any time soon.

"Well done, little minx," Gwion murmured in open appreciation for my accomplishment.

"No thanks to you! You weren't supposed to compel her!" Myrnin growled furiously.

Compel me?! "When did he compel me?" I whispered to Myrnin in confusion.

"When you felt what you thought was me..." he hesitated, trying to be tactful. I didn't need him to finish the sentence for me to understand what he meant. I blushed. "Seeing it was one thing....feeling it was quite another matter entirely," he hissed.

My eyes widened, "Oh."

Gwion shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly and smirked unapologetically, "All's fair in love and war." Then he stared at me intently and asked, "Although, I am curious...why didn't it work?"

I thought back over the events and explained slowly, " Some things made sense. Others did not, but every time I doubted, you distracted me. My mind spun...as I argued with myself. When you started to..." I blushed.

Gwion nodded his understanding.

"I was ready to say yes," I admitted, cringing at how very close I had come to losing. "I told myself I was over-thinking my doubts, and was glad that Myrnin couldn't read my tightly locked emotions, or he would have laughed at the non-sense in my head."

"And that was when I knew it was a lie," I hesitated, unsure how to explain my reasoning.

Myrnin exhaled sharply - he understood.

Gwion stared at me intently, waiting for me to finish.

I murmured, "I knew it was a lie...because I wouldn't have hidden my emotions from him." Another blush broke the surface of my cheeks as I explained, "I don't...deny him...any part of me."

Gwion's eyes flashed black with open lust for me, as he took in my words.

I stopped breathing.

Myrnin growled low and pulled me closer to the protection of his body.

Gwion smirked, unaffected by Myrnin's warning. "Hmmm...I most definitely would have enjoyed you, little minx. Enticement, indeed," he purred before turning around and walking toward the large arched doors. He spoke without bothering to glance back, "You are all free to go. If you still wish my assistance, I will keep my word and return with you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.8K 1.6K 31
"Every bone in my body is begging me to devour you." He was just too close, clouding my senses and making my head foggy. "Every bone?" My voice was...
84.8K 1.5K 18
under editing | will be back soon C L Y D E For a long time, I thought the best thing that has ever happened to me was the first time I met my grandm...
464 24 51
--Updated weekly-- "Why are you following me?" "I am free to roam anywhere within Barracks, am I not?" "Aldaire will be displeased if he sees us tog...