All The Queen's Horses {Myrni...

Av EmelineRousselotFF

I trembled when we entered the room. I had heard there was nothing quite like make-up sex and even experience... Mer

Maybe Just a Small Taste
No Life & Death - Only Science
My Own Personal Blood Donor
Myrnin's or Oliver's Pet?
I Am...Willing...If You Want
Come. Now. Urgent!
I Can't Help Her Here
Mortal Danger
Vodka & Moscato
Run Away With Me
I Don't Play Games
Girl Talk Confessions
And Then We Were Falling
Gwion's Lair
An Intimate Connection
Clāmāre
The Ties That Bind
Little Minx
Challenges
Liam and Eve
Ocelot
Never Be Enough
Immortals
Do You Want to Die Today?
Bite Me
Dragon Mallow
What Do I Get in Return?
Faeryn
Playing With Fire
You Did This To Me!
What He Can't Have
The Rabbit Hole
Will It Hurt?
Cat Got Your Tongue?
You Belong to Me
Nowhere To Go
Full of Surprises
The Missing Piece
I Love That Sound
My Exotic Butterfly
Was I Worth It?
Panty Circus
Fix It
They Know
A Brother Bond
That's Going to Be Painful
I Can't Do This
Be Ready for the Next Hit
It's a Start
Fight For Me!
Priodas
You Want That?
Bloodlust
Of Course It's a Trap
Do It
Pillow Talk
Sleep Now, Cariad
A Little Rough
Epilogue

You Have to Decide. Now!

11.1K 705 33
Av EmelineRousselotFF

Chapter 13 - You Have to Decide. Now!

Night filled the sky as I walked out of the hotel to the waiting vehicle Myrnin had rented. We had a one hour drive ahead of us, before the terrain became too difficult and we would have to continue on foot.

I stopped, surprised to see Shane as well. He was tucking my bag in the back seat. Myrnin stood motionless by the driver's side, watching me. I had hoped to be able to talk with Myrnin privately, so I could explain my reasoning for not telling Shane, but it appeared I wasn't going to get that opportunity before we left.

Shane glanced up as I approached and said excitedly, "There you are! I've barely seen you the entire time we've been here." He wrapped his arms around me and held me tightly.

I tried not to cringe from guilt and muttered, "Yeah....it's been an eventful trip."

From my peripheral vision, I saw Myrnin clench his fist. Shit. I knew he would be mad, but it just wouldn't be right to tell Shane now. I would have to wait until we returned, so Shane would at least be in familiar surroundings when he hated me, and have a way to get away from me. I was certain he would want that.

Shane pulled back, assuming I was referring to Eve and asked softly, "How is she doing?"

Michael came up behind me, interrupting our conversation. I turned to see his expression tight. I knew he didn't want to leave without Eve, but Eve had mentioned he was also glad she wouldn't be in harm's way.

Without a word, Myrnin tossed the keys to him and walked around to get in the front passenger seat.

Shane eagerly pulled me into the back seat with him, while Michael settled in the driver's seat.

I purposefully kept my hand nearest to Shane busy, so that he wouldn't try to hold it. Now that things had changed, it felt like leading him on. Not to mention, I worried about how Myrnin would react.

Pulling out a notebook and pen, I began to write out the parts of a new formula that had been percolating in the back of my brain. There were a few other potential elements for neutralization of the poison, which I wanted to research on my phone, before we lost cell service. Myrnin had mentioned we'd lose service about twenty minutes into our hike.

We drove in silence, listening to what had to be a pop radio station, until we were too far to get signal and Michael clicked it off.

Shane fell asleep, so I turned off my phone and took the time to mentally sort through the recent radical changes. My eyes adjusted to the darkness and I studied Myrnin's profile across from me in the moonlight. As much as I wanted to try to analyze my feelings, the events from the bar began to replay in my mind instead. I remembered, in exact detail, the charcoal color of his eyes that kept flickering to black when his desire would spike. My thoughts spun as I recalled the force of his lips on mine, demanding my response, and the way he felt when I had my legs wrapped around him. I wondered what he had in mind when he promised he could make me scream his name.

I squirmed in my seat.

Myrnin looked back at me, and raised his eyebrow knowingly. I blushed deeply when I remembered he could feel my emotions. And if that were not embarrassment enough, he also recognized the scent of my arousal. I blushed again.

He knew I wanted him. There was no hiding it. He smiled at me wickedly, his eyes gleaming with sexual intent, clearly making me silent promises for future pleasures.

I stifled the gasp that wanted to spring from my lips as searing heat ran through my entire body, hard and strong. My chest heaved slightly as I worked to get myself back under control.

He grinned widely at my response, his dark liquid eyes dancing with satisfaction.

"Stop that", I mouthed the words, scolding him for making me so crazy.

His eyes were unrepentant as he turned away from me, and looked out the front window, a smirk lingering on his lips.

I dug quickly for my phone, intent on finding something, anything, to take my mind off of the many things Myrnin could do to me.

-------------------

Ten minutes later, Michael decelerated and pulled the car over into the brush.

Myrnin hadn't been wrong about the terrain being difficult. He and Michael led the way through a dense forest. The darkness was profound. Very little moonlight reached past the thick trees to the forest floor.

Shane had taken the opportunity to hold my hand as we walked, but I was glad since I found myself stumbling over sticks and brush more than once. Even Myrnin didn't seem to mind after Shane kept me from falling flat on my face - again.

Suddenly, I saw a break in the trees ahead. Hugely relieved to be out of the forest, I exhaled and looked around. We appeared to be on rolling hills and headed upward. I was grateful for the light, but the incline had my shins whining in pain. I was tempted to tell Shane about Myrnin right then because I knew Myrnin would carry me. But I already felt terrible about the pain Shane would go through, so I gritted my teeth and kept forcing my aching legs to move.

We finally crested the largest of the hills. I stopped, inhaling deeply, fascinated by the large expanse of ruins ahead of us. The largest structure had clearly been magnificent, many of its stone walls still rose majestically in the air. It was surprisingly more complete than I would have expected. A soft moss grew along the walls.

"What is that?" I breathed, looking over to find Myrnin.

"Hotel Elysium," he murmured.

I realized with a shock that Myrnin must have been here when it was a thriving and elegant city. My eyes lost focus as I 'felt' the life and history that used to exist here. It felt unexpectedly beautiful and sad at the same time. I blinked and brushed the moisture out of my eyes quickly. This was no time to get sentimental.

Myrnin was watching me intently. I blushed and asked, "Elysium?"

"Elysium in classical mythology referred to a location after death for the blessed - paradise. Vampires used the term to refer to places we may gather without fear of harm; most notably found in connection with distinguished cultures such as opera houses, museums and hotels."

"It's beautiful," I whispered.

"Indeed. Its grandeur was unparalleled in its time. I wish you could have seen it then. It was an experience unlike any other," Myrnin murmured quietly.

I felt a familiar tightening in my chest. The same feeling I always got when he was sad or upset. My arms ached to hold him.

Myrnin seemed to shake himself out of his reverie and said, "Come...We must continue."

We walked for a few more miles in silence, on a seemingly constant uphill incline. I noticed the outline of another building ahead, much smaller than Hotel Elysium. I breathed deeply, trying not to embarrass myself by panting when I asked, "And that?"

"'Tragwyddol Eglwys y Drindod' which translated means 'Trinity Eternal Church'," Myrnin supplied.

The church was nestled in front of another dense forest. It was remarkably intact. It had a tall center spire with some sort of roof that reflected the moonlight. We climbed over a three foot stone wall that surrounded the structure and walked through tall grass toward the building.

When we reached the front entrance, I asked Myrnin in surprise, "Are we going in?"

"No, we are..."his voice dropped off in a hiss and he slunk down to a posture I knew well.

We weren't alone!

Michael positioned his body so that he and Myrnin were in front of us with the the stone church to our backs. Time seemed to slow down as adrenaline pushed relentlessly through my veins, causing my senses to heighten.

Suddenly, the quiet was shattered as the sound of a gunshot pierced the air. Michael's body was thrown back, landing squarly into Shane. Both of them fell as Myrnin hissed to me, "Get down!"

I hadn't really heard the words Myrnin had said because my ears were ringing, but I saw him yell, and I was already on my way down to the ground. I laid on my belly, praying the tall grass would keep us hidden.

I waited for Michael to get up. Being shot wasnt pleasant, but fairly quick for a vampire to heal from. I was more worried about the impact Michael's body had had on Shane.

But Michael didnt get up.

Instead, Shane pushed his body off of him and Michael slumped against the ground unresponsive. Oh no!! That could only mean one thing. The bullet was wood or silver!

My heart hammered out a drumbeat in my head. I tried unsuccessfully to stop my relentless shaking.

Myrnin hovered over Michael's body and suddenly sliced open his chest with his fangs and reached inside. I was horrified and choked down the scream that crawled up my throat.

More bullets rang out, splintering off pieces of the rock behind us on impact. Myrnin yelled, "Get in the building!"

I wasn't at all sure I could get up, let alone make my legs function normally to make it to the door. I didn't have time to think more about it, because Shane jerked me onto my hands and knees and set me in motion. He ran ahead of me, in a low crouch, dropped and rolled his body to the side, using his momentum to land a hard kick into the ancient wooden door, knocking it off of its hinges.

He spun to find me, his eyes wild. A brief look of relief flitted across his face when he saw I was right behind him, as he literally jerked me into the building. He released my hand and ran at full speed toward the back of the structure. I knew he expected I would follow him, but I huddled against the wall next to the door. I couldn't leave Myrnin to face whatever alone. I knew it was a foolish notion, given my much weaker human form. If I were a vampire, I could at least help him, I thought in frustration.

Shane spun around when he realized I was still by the door and motioned madly for me to go to him. I shook my head no as he stared at me in confusion.

Suddenly, bullets ricocheted inside of the building at violent angles, threatening harm from unseen origins. They had to be shooting through the windows. The sounds were deafening at impact and I couldn't tell which direction they came from. When a blast erupted two feet to my right, I knew I had to move to find better cover. I ducked my head and darted forward, trying to make myself as small of a target as possible. I made a hard right at the front pew and hid behind it. I was shocked to find the church still had many of its wooden pews bolted down into the cement floor. I was thankful for the small amount of protection they provided.

I whipped my head back to find Shane and panicked to find he was gone! But in the space of two seconds, he reappeared from some sort of hallway or alcove and waved me forward again. His expression looked like he had found an exit. I was about fifteen feet from him and there seemed to be a lull in the gunfire, so I ran.

I only made it two steps before all hell broke loose. Unexpectedly, I was airborne as an explosion hit the far side wall of the church, the percussion violently throwing my body in Shane's direction.

I finally came to a halt, rolling, to lessen the impact as much as possible. I'm not sure it helped, as I found myself lying on my back, the air knocked completely out of my lungs. I struggled to regain my breath. My ears felt like I was underwater, muting the horrible sounds of the chaos around me. I wondered idly if I would have permanent hearing damage. The stone floor against my back, felt blessedly cool, in the now, fire engulfed church. I sputtered and coughed, trying desperately not to breathe in the smoke. I let my head fall to the side, searching for Shane, Michael or Myrnin.

Shane was lying about five feet away from me, flat on his belly, unmoving. Cold fear shot through me, until I saw his head move, slowly. He looked around a little confused. He must have been briefly knocked out. Relief spread across his face when his eyes found mine and he smiled grimly; I knew it was Shane's way of toasting the fact that, for now, we were still alive.

A loud crash reverberated right beside me. I started at the noise and bit my lip, trying not to release a scream that would give away our position. One of the pews had been wrenched from the floor. It lay, tilted on its side - protecting me, I realized - as Myrnin also appeared in a crouch next to me. I thought my heart might break in relief, when I saw his face and knew he was okay.

Michael popped in on my other side, equally materializing out of thin air. I breathed a quick prayer of thanks. He wasn't too worse for wear. His normally immaculately quaffed blond hair screamed in disarray on the top of his head, full of ash and debris from the crumbling building, but there was no mistaking his bright blue eyes. They seemed to pierce through the danger and chaos around us.

Abruptly I felt Myrnin's hands on me, and not just once or in one area. Instead, he seemed to be taking this opportunity to feel me up, roaming along the curves of my body.

"Hey" Shane yelled, "Take your hands off of her or lose them!" He struggled to get to his knees, to make good on his promise.

I froze.

Even in the midst of our own personal hell, I was having a hard time controlling my heartrate as I felt Myrnin's pressure against my skin, sliding down the outside of my leg. When his hand ran intimately up the inside of my thigh, heat from my core seemed to follow his chosen path.

Myrnin kept his face perfectly smooth but his eyes flickered to mine. He watched my reaction when his grip purposefully tightened the higher he went.

My heartrate spiked again and I felt my cheeks flame. I was thankful the cloudy air kept Shane from seeing the little details, like my arousal at the touch of another man, in the middle of a shit storm of a fight. Of course - who wouldn't react like that? Maybe I was in shock, I thought chagrined.

Shane edged closer.

Myrnin simply placed one hand on Shane's back, effectively flattening him back to the floor, hard; while he silently continued his exploration of my body with his free hand.

Shane hissed in fury.

Michael cut in, his eyebrows knitted together, "Um...dude?"

Myrnin ignored Michael and tilted his head, to address Shane in the same tone that someone would explain simple concepts to small children, "I am checking her for bullet holes and other injuries."

That snapped me out of it a bit and I exclaimed, "Bullet holes? I would know if I had been shot! Wait, am I bleeding?!" my voice raised a touch toward hysteria.

Shane stopped struggling, anxiety creasing his forehead.

Myrnin released his hold.

"No, you are not bleeding," Myrnin replied, his voice heavy with relief. "However, it is very possible for one to be injured, even critically, and not feel it, if they are under the effects of shock." Myrnin's touch turned from groping to reassurance as he moved his fingers in light circles against my arm.

Oh well, that explained it then, I had to be in shock. At least, that's what I told myself.

"I found the back exit," Shane yelled hoarsely, "We can use strength in numbers, to get through to the camouflage of the forest behind us."

Myrnin cut him off, angrily hissing, "They have us covered from all sides and are waiting for us to just pick a door. That would be a suicide mission, especially if we stay together. It would be like shooting fish in a barrel," he said derisively. "No, the only way we make it out of here is if we go separate ways, Michael carries you and I carry Claire."

Shane stiffened furiously, his usual reaction to any thought that involved Myrnin too close to me.

"Carry us where?" I choked. My oxygen-deprived brain struggled to follow his logic.

"Up," he said resolutely.

Michael's head shot up. "It might be possible," he contemplated.

My eyes widened in alarm. The ancient church steeple towered above us with intricate stained glass murals framing the angled roof. There were certainly no exit doors up there and the windows were forty feet in the air - straight up. I wasn't sure how bursting through five hundred year old panes of colored glass, like I was a prize broken free from a piñata, was a better solution than storming the back door.

Myrnin read my hesitation, and just for a second, he seemed disappointed that the brilliance of his plan did not make perfect sense to me. I bristled a little at his response. He couldn't expect me to be thrilled at the idea. "Why?" I asked, trying to coax more explanation out of him.

"Because they won't expect it." His mouth was set in a determined hard line.

"You're insane!" Shane erupted, his voice rising but uneven, as he choked through the smoke, "You are going to get us all killed! Claire, you can't go with him! What about our plans?! You promised!"

Myrnin's eyes narrowed and he inspected my face carefully, no doubt wondering what plans and promises I had made. I was silent. I had only told Shane I would consider it and that was before Myrnin had kissed me.

Stunned by my lack of response, Shane argued vehemently, "Claire, you can't trust him! You know you can't! Stay with me. Michael and I can protect you. We will get you out of here!"

"Don't be stupid, boy!" Myrnin spat, his features changing with startling speed and ferocity. "You would rather forfeit her life, so that you can cling to your petty jealously?!" Myrnin's eyes blazed red, fury rolling off of him in waves. I had seen Myrnin in many emotions and mental incarnations, most of which he indulged in like an extreme sport - ecstatic, mournful, brilliant, cold blooded killer - but I had never seen him quite like this. Despite the heat nipping at my skin, I shivered at the force of his expression.

"I am not going to stand here and allow myself to be char-broiled or shot, when there is clearly a more logical course of action," he seethed at Shane, before focusing completely on me, his eyes softening as he urged me, "You know my logic is sound and you know I can get you out of here. You have to decide now - him or me?!"

I sucked in a deep breath in response to Myrnin's fire-rivaling intensity. That was a mistake. Heat and smoke rushed into my lungs, giving me the sensation of a searing hot poker being skewered down my throat. If I could have forced my body to cooperate with my abject need to scream in pain, I would have been wailing. As it was, my only recourse was to release groans from my belly. I blinked rapidly, staring at Myrnin. Tears and my eyelids worked together to rid the smoke from my vision.

His fiery irises were animated with bright sparks, refracting the glaring light from the inferno behind me.

They looked like the eyes of a madman.

But I already knew that.

Myrnin battled a fine line between brilliance and utter lunacy. Sometimes he won. Sometimes he lost.

It didn't matter though.

The clarity of my choice was made razor sharp by our dire and likely fatal circumstances. Whether I admitted it to myself or not, there never really had been another answer, another choice. I barely uttered my response, but I knew he would hear me - "you".

.

Thanks for reading! I would be much obliged if you would knock the shit out of the VOTE button on your way out. he he

oh, oh, oh and a comment too!

(no, I'm not pushy at all) :) :)

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

84.8K 1.5K 18
under editing | will be back soon C L Y D E For a long time, I thought the best thing that has ever happened to me was the first time I met my grandm...
533K 36.2K 59
"Most intriguing. You obviously know who - and what - I am, but you don't run." He leaned toward her and felt her body react. "Quite the opposite i...
142K 5.7K 51
HIGHEST RANKING-1st in wedding! {23/05/18} & 1st in Laugh! {11/08/18} 13th in Romance! {03/12/18} Sequel to Mr Hulk's Jelly Bunny->Can be read as a...
281K 9.6K 46
HIGHEST RANKING-1st in Cool & Laugh! {08/07/18} Elena/Lena Matthews is an eighteen year old simple curvy girl with a bit of sass who loves her family...