awake {Klaus Mikaelson}

By tvd_wolf

Esther is just another person in one of Klaus' coffins. The person in the locked coffin, well that's me. I'm... More

awake {Klaus Mikaelson}
prologue
one // locked coffin
two // the spell
three // awake
four // have a little faith
note
five // dinner party gone bad
six // there's a catch
seven // invitation to hell
eight // memorable ball
nine // loving monsters
ten // pentagon
eleven // home is where the heart is
twelve // with a little bit of magic
thirteen // let the fire burn
fourteen // monsters under your bed
fifteen // ignoring the signs
sixteen // thin air
seventeen // some things are better left buried
eighteen // two faced
nineteen // here we go again
twenty // another barrier
twenty two // witch muscle
twenty three // prince charming
twenty four // my heart will go on
twenty five // broken tether
twenty six // always and forever
alive
alive part 2

twenty one // the doppleganger and her history teacher

27.6K 717 92
By tvd_wolf

~ Where do we go from here - Ruelle ~

Hey everyone!

It's been a while I know. But I'm back and I'm ready to make up for lost time.

I broke this episode(3x21) into different parts. Small parts. So for the next few days I'll be updating little chapters, hopefully enough to satisfy you guys for a while.

Love you all !!

Xx Charliiiiiiiii

~~~~~~~

"I'm sorry you didn't get to go to the dance" I sympathize, causing Rebekah's head to turn. "I know how much you wanted to go."

I pick up a plastic bag, beginning to collect all the garbage the teenagers left behind across the room.

I know how much she wants to be a regular girl who goes to school and school dances, Esther deprived her of that. The least I can do is help clean up.

"I've gotten used to not getting things I want" she replies, turning back to the table she's clearing.

It's just so unfortunate her mother was a psychopath who wanted her dead.

"Where's Matt?" Caroline asks, walking into the room.

"He bailed. He got called into work at the last minute. " Rebekah answers, sounding uninterested.

"Are you kidding me?" Caroline sighs. "So it's just us?"

"Yes, and you're late. Clean-up committee started at 8:00."

I snicker to myself.

She's such a bitch when she wants to be.

"It's like 8:02." The thought of laughing crosses my mind as Caroline looks down at the time on her phone.

"Exactly. I managed to turn up on time and I didn't even get to attend the dance that I organized."

The thought of her lying in a box while everyone enjoyed a night out with friends, honestly hurts me.

Rebekah walks past her, emptying her rubbish into a large bin in the middle of the room.

"I'm sorry about your mom." Caroline says suddenly. "I mean, I know you like, hated her and everything, but still. I'm sorry."

A small smile formed on my lips.

I hated Esther, that was no secret. So did basically everyone else. But the simple act of saying sorry after a family members death warmed my heart. Such a simple act but so meaningful and heartfelt.

Thankfully Rebekah didn't reply with a snarky comment.

"Sorry about your teacher. He seemed like a nice guy."

It was nice seeing her so genuine and sincere.

"Yeah. He was."

I may not have known Alaric personally but I knew enough. He didn't deserve to die. Not at the hands of Esther.

"I'm going to get started on the gym." Rebekah announces and I'm not sure whether I should follow her or stay here. I always seem to have that problem.

I wait a few moments, finally realising I couldn't bear the silence that wafted over Caroline and I, and decided to follow after her.

You would assume smooth sailing.

It was just a school and it was just a corridor.

No way was I expecting to see the apparently alive Alaric, holding my best friend against a set of lockers, holding the one and only white oak steak in his hand ready to plunge it into her chest.

Without thinking, I raise my hands and use any magic I can muster and throw him off of her and onto the other side of the hall.

Caroline comes rushing out and pushes him against the wall while Rebekah pulls the steak from his grasp. Before doing exactly what he planned on doing to her, and plunges it into his chest.

Only it didn't kill him.

He was still breathing.

Caroline ran off as fast as she could. Rebekah was quick to follow after throwing me onto her back.

This can't be happening.

This can't be real.

Esther wasn't supposed to succeed.

What do we do now?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Alaric Saltzman just tried to kill me." Rebekah gushes as we enter Klaus' art studio.

"Alaric Saltzman is supposed to be dead." Klaus mumbles uninterested, packing away yet another painting. He'd packed so much yet it looked like he had so much more to go. So many paintings.

"Well, he's not! And he's a vampire thanks to mother's spell, with a white oak stake that can't kill him! He's strong, Nik. Too strong. " Rebekah was mortified, it was evident on her face. This was a battle even they couldn't win.

"Where is he now?" Klaus asks.

"Stuck at the school without a daylight ring" I answer. "But as soon as night falls, he'll come after you. Both of you."

I don't know what Esther planned. I don't know if I'm one of the people he wants to kill, but right now the Mikaelson's are top priority. They're supposed to be unkillable and now suddenly, they aren't. It isn't safe for any of us.

"We need to leave now" Rebekah states.

"Fine. I'll collect Elena and we'll be on our way."

Elena? Why the hell would we need to bring Elena?

"Forget Elena! You don't need any more stupid hybrids!"

Of course. His hybrids. Elena's blood makes the ability to create hybrids possible.

"What I need is protection from Esther's continued assaults against us." Klaus growls.

"We'll protect each other, like we always have. We have Faith now, Nik. Always and forever."

I can't believe Klaus is considering staying after everything we've told him.

He could die.

Rebekah could die.

The entire original family could die.

The entire vampire species.

"I'm not leaving without her."

"Listen to yourself!" I snap, hearing enough of his ridiculous talk about Elena. "She's just a girl, Niklaus! You don't need hybrids. We're your family and we need you to come with us. Now."

He just stares at me. His stare giving nothing away. He simply looked me right in the eyes. No sign of emotion.

That told me everything I needed to know.

He wasn't going to leave.

Not without his precious Elena.

"We're leaving now." I tell him, trying to hide the hurt in my voice as a tear falls down my cheek..

The man I love more than anything is choosing a doppelganger over me.

That isn't love.

"You can either walk out that door with us or you are on your own." I take Rebekah's hand, needing to know she was with me on this. Her tight squeeze told me exactly what I needed to know.

Once again. He made no move to leave.

"Fine." Rebekah's voice was just as broken as mine. "Trust your hybrids over your family. Let your spite be the death of you. See if we care."

I looked him in the eyes one last time, more tears falling down my cheeks.

He made his choice.

I just wasn't it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 9.1K 47
❝︎︎ the witch, the hybrid, and the vampire. what is this, narnia? ❞︎︎ ────── 𝙄𝙉 𝙒𝙃𝙄𝘾𝙃, her soulmates are brothers, and the very two she's su...
327K 6.1K 45
Victoria Petrova has a history that started the second she met the Mikaelson Family. In order to escape the ghosts that haunted her for 900 years she...
128K 2.1K 34
After graduating early and leaving mystic Falls Alexandria comes back. after 5 months of being away from her family who she hates, but when she meets...
2.1K 83 29
There was a certain allure to her, even before you knew her you could feel it pulling you towards her. Everyone in the village knew her, being in her...